• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

I don't even like rick ross, but Mastermind had me like
25424.jpg
throughout the entire thing.

Nobody, Devil is a lie, War ready, Sanctified, in vein, and black and white all stood out to me on first listen.

Esch

Banned
In Vein would have been great in a Weeknd album, but it doesn't belong on Mastermind. The song is like 70% Weeknd. And the sound is like 100% Weeknd.

Grzi

Production wise, the CyHi tape sounds like I imagined a perfect J. Cole album would sound.
It's clearly the sound Jermaine is going for most of the time, but isn't a good enough producer to actually pull it off. Who is this Tec Beatz dude?

kodecraft

Production wise, the CyHi tape sounds like I imagined a perfect J. Cole album would sound.
It's clearly the sound Jermaine is going for most of the time, but isn't a good enough producer to actually pull it off.

This....sorta.

FNL by J. Cole had better beats than this new Cyhi imo. I love the beats on FNL. Cole hasn't been able to replicate or do better than that since.

kodecraft

FNL made me a big Cole fan and I still feel this is his best work and he hasn't come close to topping it yet.

I actually heard Elite ghost/co-produced alot of FNL, Cole is good at laying basic drum patterns but leaves much to be desired...this is where Elite comes in.

It makes sense as to why Cole can't do it again unless he has Elite ready to do a whole project with him it's not happening.

I actually heard Elite ghost/co-produced alot of FNL, Cole is good at laying basic drum patterns but leaves much to be desired...this is where Elite comes in.

It makes sense as to why Cole can't do it again unless he has Elite ready to do a whole project with him it's not happening.

What has Elite done in recent years ?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I need a CDQ of the original version of Sin City so bad. This Wynter Gordon hook is too dope, might even like it better than what we got on Cruel Summer.

Makes me sad knowing La Flame will probably never put it out :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haven't heard the Ross album yet, but I don't think there has been a single song where a rapper got Weeknd on the jawnt that was good outside of Crew Love TBH. Always ends up being a horrible mismash of styles or they try to tailor the song too much for Weeknd.

Juicy J is the worst offender.

overcast

The problem with Migos is it's 25 tracks. That's too much. I can't sit at my computer for that long listening to similar tracks over and over.

Slaps, but I'm gonna have to cherry pick.

Detox

They've lost their shepherd, chaos rules in defiance of the covenant extinguishing the Light first oxymoron then mastermind and a thousand times yet. Sinatra in the Sands shall scour chaos from existence and we shall revel in salvation.

Haven't heard the Ross album yet, but I don't think there has been a single song where a rapper got Weeknd on the jawnt that was good outside of Crew Love TBH. Always ends up being a horrible mismash of styles or they try to tailor the song too much for Weeknd.

Juicy J is the worst offender.

The weeknd and juicy j is always dope. Whether it's a sample or a collabo

The worst offender of what you're talking about on that album was the song with Justin Timberlake. I liked it but it did not belong on stay trippy

Migos is fun but yeah I can't actively listen to it, gotta be distracted. I think I'll download that tape and incorporate some of it into da pregaming tomorrow

The problem with Migos is it's 25 tracks. That's too much. I can't sit at my computer for that long listening to similar tracks over and over.

Slaps, but I'm gonna have to cherry pick.

To be fair, and I'm not a Migos fan, but it isn't "sit at the computer and listen" music. It isn't even walking music, honestly. It's going nuts, party, driving, workout, and getting arrested music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom