• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count has been so salty the past few weeks.

Lol what would I be salty for? I'm about to take this W later today with that avy bet and put all y'all bitch ass ninjas on blast
kttcoliwin

Esch

Banned
Count has been so salty the past few weeks.
I dunno man. Recently him and Detox have been making very emotional responses. Very bitter. I hope they can come back from whatever is eating away at them. It's not healthy to be burdened mentally like that.

I dunno man. Recently him and Detox have been making very emotional responses. Very bitter. I hope they can come back from whatever is eating away at them. It's not healthy to be burdened mentally like that.

74489-jim-carrey-gif-what-the-hell-a-Ly3J.gif

Des, tell me what you hate most so I can have the joy of giving you an avatar of it.

Cheddahz got himself banned to avoid fate smh

Esch

Banned
Not necessarily. Just curious cause I feel if anything he's underrated, but oh well the world would be a boring place if everybody agreed with each other.
He's a good emcee and outkast made good music. It's just not for me is all. Fwiw I actually do think his style and the way he carried himself is pretty influential. I just don't consider him GOAT material.

Lol what would I be salty for? I'm about to take this W later today with that avy bet and put all y'all bitch ass ninjas on blast
kttcoliwin
At one point of this thread you kept using the word expectations to fallback on why people were disliking Oxymoron and liking some other album more. You seemed pretty salty

As for Andre as an Outkast Stan I would say he is overrated. Mostly because the people that go crazy over him ignore the dynamics of the duo that makes both of them great rappers. The rare times I ever list my favorites of all time you would never see me list Andre or Big Boi separately or any group for that matter because I love how they bounce off each other. I am sure I actually have done that though but whatever I am human lol

Esch

Banned
As for Andre as an Outkast Stan I would say he is overrated. Mostly because the people that go crazy over him ignore the dynamics of the duo that makes both of them great rappers. The rare times I ever list my favorites of all time you would never see me list Andre or Big Boi separately or any group for that matter because I love how they bounce off each other. I am sure I actually have done that though but whatever I am human lol
Yea. When I hear Andre without Big Boi its never some shit where I listen to him and think he's better off or really doing something standout like I might with say; Ghost outside of Wu tang or Face outside of Geto Boys.

tmdorsey

See, I disagree. His guest spots on various songs always standout to me. He's good maybe even better with Big Boi no doubt, but he definitely has held his own. I think it's not recognized because he hasn't put out a solo album like Big Boi has.

I guess I would be the 3000 stan. lol

Cue the Police Sirens: An Interview with Gangsta Rapper Freddie Gibbs on the Eve of “Piñata”

Some choice quotes:

“I didn’t even explore the back catalog. I didn’t want to make nothing that sounded like nothing he did before. I wanted to set my own path. Now that I’m done with my album, I’ve been listening to old Madlib shit, and I’m like ‘oh yeah, this shit cool.’ But I wanted to give him something else. I definitely didn’t want to make nothing that sounded like he had already did.”

While that’s certainly the case, as recently as 2012 Gibbs had been signed to Young Jeezy’s CTE label. Things did not end amicably, as evidenced by the “Piñata” highlight “Real,” possibly the best diss track this side of Jay Z’s “Takeover,” which receives a clear nod from Gibbs in the thinly veiled threat “don’t make me expose you to those who don’t know you.” Young Jeezy gets torched in the second half of the tune, with Gibbs repeating the acronymous title “remember everybody ain’t loyal.” Lesson learned.

Hype.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

The Alchemist & Budgie ft. Prodigy & Roc Marciano – In Heaven’s Home. Click the picture for details about the The Gold Book project + Trailer thingy. Lazy copypasta:
Frank The Butcher launches his new venture, All Is Fair, with a leak from the agency’s debut project: The Good Book. Produced entirely by Alchemist and the UK’s Budgie, the two album package draws heavily on Gospel samples and comes with some seriously intricate album packaging. Moving forward, All Is Fair will strive to add value to their releases with a strong focus on packaging and taking consumers back to the days when liner notes and artwork were still big selling points for music releases.

Action Bronson, Blu, Prodigy, Roc Marciano, A$ton Matthews and others all appear on The Good Book.

Deniro Farrar ft. Lunice - Burning Bills. Pretty good, but I'm not sure if that's just because Deniro isn't being one note like he has been for his past two projects or not.

2 Chainz - Mainstream Ratchet video.

Big K.R.I.T. - Conscious Freestyle, over Letter To The King (which is a GOAT instrumental).

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels video.

Far East Movement ft. RiFF RaFF, ScHoolboy Q & B.o.B. - The Illest (DJ Eman Remix).

Esch

Banned
this is one of the worst music industry articles I've read in weeks.

there is literally no point at which this dude tries to back up anything. he just says "people don't like Ross anymore because he's a liar!" and that's supposed to stand on its own. Jesus.
Yep. It's pretty much a forum post expanded out to a full article. At least the Vice one expanded on how guarded he was; this is just kind of a wordier stan warz type cut, written by someone with the super srsness and naivete of a high schooler. I thought they had raised the quality of their articles recently too.

Detox

Is Jeezy ever going to acknowledge the beef? It's weird because iirc Gibbs and Jeezy both said it was amicable at the time and then Gibbs went off.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gibbs just will be dedicating a track for Jeezy on every project for the rest of his life. Yay
That's exactly the kind of artist he is.

And the same type of artist Jeezy and the rest of the industry will forget quick.

Recon

Banned
Man I'd hate to have your taste
This is part of the reason I dont post anymore. Shit posts like this. I like you Des, and Ill always your back, but you should really consider how bad this kind of thought is.

No you wouldn't because if you had my taste then there wouldn't be a 'problem' in the first place.

I'm doing me and like what I like. No pressure.

Even though I think Ma$e is dookie, I 100% agree with you here. Acting like "your" taste is somehow superior is gross.

Cant we all just be happy?

Gibbs just will be dedicating a track for Jeezy on every project for the rest of his life. Yay

That's exactly the kind of artist he is.

And the same type of artist Jeezy and the rest of the industry will forget quick.

idk if including one track on his followup album after it all happens means he obsesses over it. Every interview he does the interviewer seems to ask him about the split. It's not him bringing it up all the time.

Guess I'm a Gibbs Stan. Lol.

idk if including one track on his followup album after it all happens means he obsesses over it. Every interview he does the interviewer seems to ask him about the split. It's not him bringing it up all the time.

Guess I'm a Gibbs Stan. Lol.
He had one on his last project and has said he wasn't just going to diss him on just a single track. Something along those lines

kodecraft

This is part of the reason I dont post anymore. Shit posts like this. I like you Des, and Ill always your back, but you should really consider how bad this kind of thought is.

Even though I think Ma$e is dookie, I 100% agree with you here. Acting like "your" taste is somehow superior is gross.

Cant we all just be happy?

Yea, I hope I wasn't coming off like my 'taste' is superior but I like diversity and I see a lot of praise for the same ol' rappers here. Let's talk hip-hop!

Recon

Banned
Nope, thats due to the community forum and our behavior in OT rap threads

Not really. When a community becomes toxic, it also stops long time members from wanting to post along with any potential new members. The NBA thread took it to the extreme tho. Instead of bitching, I just decided to leave. Des' post made me want to come back and address it tho, for whatever its worth.
Yea, I hope I wasn't coming off like my taste' is superior but I like diversity and I see a lot of praise for the same ol' rappers here. Let's talk hip-hop!

Nah, you were fine.

Esch

Banned
Not really. When a community becomes toxic, it also stops long time members from wanting to post along with any potential new members. The NBA thread took it to the extreme tho. Instead of bitching, I just decided to leave. Des' post made me want to come back and address it tho, for whatever its worth..
The thread has always been like this, you just got tired of it.

Anyway, that Camillonaire song is actually smooth, but dude is corny. The little bit of him I did like went away when he made a whole mixtape dissing people in the comments of sites like hiphopdx and 2dopeboyz. Shit was so dumb

Nope, thats due to the community forum and our behavior in OT rap threads

I don't pay attention to what happens in OT having said that I don't post much in here, I know what I like and you lot put me up on shit I've missed, end of quarter threads help also.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In Recon's defense, trolling/shade did sort of skyrocket at around the time people (Read: Esch) started posting Coli smileys here. That wasn't until long after Recon stopped posting regularly though.

My tire exploded while driving on the highway today. I was in the left lane when I suddenly lost all acceleration and had to swing into the left shoulder area; that area was full of snow so I could barely get over, ultimately resulting it me being about an inch from the yellow line.

I got towed to a tire place, and then 30 minutes later their power went out; I think it was snow related as multiple places on that street, including a bank, also lost power. That delayed my car getting fixed so I had it towed again to Sam's Club. Bought a new tire and continued with my day. Only had to pay $112.

I knew something was wrong with my tire for weeks and didn't do anything about it; I figured it just needed a bit of air. So yea brehs, check your tires ASAP if you think it's having problems.

cdyhybrid

My tire exploded while driving on the highway today. I was in the left lane when I suddenly lost all acceleration and had to swing into the left shoulder area; that area was full of snow so I could barely get over, ultimately resulting it me being about an inch from the yellow line.

I got towed to a tire place, and then 30 minutes later their power went out; I think it was snow related as multiple places on that street, including a bank, also lost power. That delayed my car getting fixed so I had it towed again to Sam's Club. Bought a new tire and continued with my day. Only had to pay $112.

I knew something was wrong with my tire for weeks and didn't do anything about it; I figured it just needed a bit of air. So yea brehs, check your tires ASAP if you think it's having problems.

Scary shit. Glad you're alright.

Recon

Banned
In Recon's defense, trolling/shade did sort of skyrocket at around the time people (Read: Esch) started posting Coli smileys here. That wasn't until long after Recon stopped posting regularly though.

Ive always hated the Coli smileys. I hate posting anything instead of words, for the most part. It is usually very lazy. It is why I despised the pop thread.

Esch

Banned

:((( stay safe bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom