• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

bcnNY8u.gif

ipD49hfLg8Cy5.gif

138,517 Sold First Week.

Esch: What? You crazy lmao. You dont even know shit about other heavy q4 releases coming out then. Never start day trading.

Schoolboy Q ain't outselling Dierks Bentley. He has a down south coalition of the willing quite a few strong.

Nah, just not my style. You're saying Q after several pushbacks, no cosigns or truly successful tours, and with no single will outsell Dierks Bentley, a guy whose last album went gold three times over, and The Fray who've gone plat several times before. Im right, you're wrong.
kttcolishaq2
kttcolishaq2
kttcolishaq2
kttcolitakedat
kttcolitakedat
kttcoliwin

Peterboi: It aint a lot... but you think Q will pass 50k?

I mean... yeesh, I dunno.
kttcolisitdown

Toku: I love Q, y'all already know, and Oxymoron finna shut shit down but miss with avatar bets breh. I only play games I can win.
It was a free win breh
kttcoliwin

Cheddahz: Q is not going to be #1 the first week it comes out
When you come back from vacation, I got an avy waiting for you breh
kttcoliwin

Discotheque: i'm not playing to lose, even though i'm still rooting for him.
Never doubt TDE
kttcolimyman

I'm trynna cook up an avy for Des with Wenis.

trynna get you bronified.

HiResDes

This is part of the reason I dont post anymore. Shit posts like this. I like you Des, and Ill always your back, but you should really consider how bad this kind of thought is.

Even though I think Ma$e is dookie, I 100% agree with you here. Acting like "your" taste is somehow superior is gross.

Cant we all just be happy?
If a little jab is going to keep you from posting then so be it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ive always hated the Coli smileys. I hate posting anything instead of words, for the most part. It is usually very lazy. It is why I despised the pop thread.
Pictures speak louder than words. More recently, GIFs speak louder than pictures.

But just for you, (⊙﹏⊙✿)

Recon

Banned
If a little jab is going to keep you from posting then so be it

You act like you dont think your taste is superior to everyone else. It's not like that one post is the only thing that bothered me. Your posts in the oxymoron thread are proof enough. Either way, if you cant take some constructive criticism, so be it.

HiResDes

I was on mobile, but I'll address the Chamillionaire statement forreal now.

First of all the comparison to Schoolboy Q and Drake are laughable because you're setting the lyrical totem pole so low that it's kind of preposterous. Drake and Q's strong points have never been their lyricism. and the content of their song are pretty much the antithesis of Cham's schtick. The guy is a cornball, basically a southern version of Papoose with about as much charisma as b-tier weed carriers like Drag-On and Trademark Da Skydiver.

Now I'm not a huge fan of Lupe, but I don't think Chalmillionaire is capable of the same sort of coded doublespeak or capable of weaving deep allegories within the fabric of his songs.

Recon

Banned
I was on mobile, but I'll address the Chamillionaire statement forreal now.

First of all the comparison to Schoolboy Q and Drake are laughable because you're setting the lyrical totem pole so low that it's kind of preposterous. Drake and Q's strong points have never been their lyricism. and the content of their song are pretty much the antithesis of Cham's schtick. The guy is a cornball, basically a southern version of Papoose with about as much charisma as b-tier weed carriers like Drag-On and Trademark Da Skydiver.

Now I'm not a huge fan of Lupe, but I don't think Chalmillionaire is capable of the same sort of coded doublespeak or capable of weaving deep allegories within the fabric of his songs.

I feel like those with this opinion never delved deep into his discography. I dont fuck with current Cham, but during his mixtape days he was legitimate. He constantly out-shined his partner Paul Wall(granted, that wasnt hard to do). But in all honesty, Cham was drake before drake was drake. He just didnt lean hard enough into the "for the bitches" lane. I liked Cham for all the reasons I like Drake. Shit was just catchy. Ive argued for Cham long before I joined neogaf. I remember stanning him back in the dark days of the gamespy forums.

Edit: I want to make it clear im not trying to shit on you Des, though I doubt you care either way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
@smoss 3h
This years UFF JUDGES: The Lox Mobb Deep Dj Self Dj Kid Kapri & more! Im done playing fair! We taking over primetime TV!!! #UFF @106andpark

SMMMDDDDAACKKKKK doing it big. Starts Thurs/Friday.

Recon

Banned
Paul Wall > Cham tho

just basing this off whose singles i prefer

Just going by singles, yea I would agree. Though, Ridin Dirty was in heavy rotation way back when. Shit....Lil Flip used to be in heavy rotation too. RIP Underground Legend era Lil Flip.

Recon

Banned
Man I hate Ridin Dirty more than almost any rap single.

Just curious, as I have heard that a lot, but why?

Hio hop police was cool doe

I didnt hate hip hop police, but that was the beginning of the end for Killa Cham, at least for me. "Im not going to swear or use the N-word"....fuck off you christian wannabe rapper. Thats honestly where my cham stannery ended.

Im also drunk right now. Weed ran out and I hate being sober( shout out to Cheif keef)

Recon

Banned
Since im being honest, I still dont understand Lil B and his fans. I feel like im being trolled, but I dont know why.

Recon

Banned
30 Thousand 100 Million

Slayed.

Also Sonic Boom.

I think its cute you think that, but the telling thing is both of those songs are Souja boy(?), and neither of those songs are better than the normal basic, off beat rhymes that permeate every shitty release Lil B has put out. You can LITERALLY interchange any Lil B verse and nothing would be lost or gained.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think its cute you think that, but the telling thing is both of those songs are Souja boy(?), and neither of those songs are better than the normal basic, off beat rhymes that permeate every shitty release Lil B has put out. You can LITERALLY interchange any Lil B verse and nothing would be lost or gained.
What? Did you even listen to those songs? Dude is flowing on those jawnts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hate it when Rappers amaze me with their freestyles...then their music is like ehhhh
Crooked I's solo career in a nutshell.

I remember when he did Hip Hop Weekly (low key the grandfather of G.O.O.D. Fridays), and that shit was flames week after week after week. His Hero freestyle is one of my favourites.

Recon

Banned
Confesssion, I never willingly check out something labeled as "freestyle". If you cant take the time to craft a hot track, I aint got time to check out your lazy verse over a jacked beat.
'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom