• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melon Husk

there was that one scene in the trailer
of someone on a boat reaching a shore, then getting out of the boat and falling to their knees. I think that is Theon.

Maybe Gendry is back at Kings Landing? He's probably the one that helped build the giant crossbow?

Is Genry just a meme at this point, or is there a chance he's actually coming back?

edit: I don't see it happening unless a bittersweet ending means Westeros burns to the ground and the families with it... The only way to win is not to play?

Melon Husk

They wouldn't have done a Hot Pie cameo if they weren't gonna bring back Gendry.

I thought Hot Pie was purely for exposition. Hot Pie and and Nymeria's scenes were purposeful to show how Arya had changed as a person. The direwolves have deeper meaning in this series. It's significant that her own wolf barely recognized her and would not follow her path.

Speevy

Banned
I just realized that to date, Stannis Baratheon is the only general/ruler to realize that killing the leader of a giant army (Renly) will demoralize and defeat that army without having to kill them.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I just realized that to date, Stannis Baratheon is the only general/ruler to realize that killing the leader of a giant army (Renly) will demoralize and defeat that army without having to kill them.

He didn't realise shit, it was the Red Woman who told him what to do and then formed the plan to do it. Stannis actually does very little to be honest. The Red Woman convinced him that Ser Davos shouldn't be executed and that the Lord of Light wants him to go North. It was Ser Davos that helped convince the Iron Bank to bankroll Stannis after he stood there like a muppet and was about to turn around and walk out. It was the Red Woman who told him that he needed to sacrifice his in laws and his daughter. Dude was a fucking loser.

Speevy

Banned
Okay fine, but it still worked. Dany should ride a dragon into King's Landing and roast Cersei as she's walking out of the red keep one day.

Curufinwe

Tywin did it,too. Killed the leader of a giant army at a wedding since he could not beat him on the battlefield.

Josh5890

I just realised this is the first episode this season that I will be able to watch live tonight instead of on Monday.

YEA!!!!!!

Fair enough on the last point, but I thought Rhaegar had defeated Dayne at Harrenhall (when he spurned his wife for Lyanna), and also at a tournament before that too, or was that just jousting/some other type combat?

Tourney win vs real fighting is completely different.

I'm not going to bring up the books but Rhaegar is not even a challenge to guys like Jaime, Arthur and Barristan. Those 3 are elite level with Arthur and Barristan being even better than Jaime.

For example, when Lord Commander of the Kingsguard Gerold Hightower tells Ned in season 6 that "The usurper would be lying beneath the ground if we had (been at the trident)". He's not kidding.

By that logic, Rhaegar never had a chance to beat Robert due to Robert's strength. He was very good but not elite level.

Heshinsi

Okay fine, but it still worked. Dany should ride a dragon into King's Landing and roast Cersei as she's walking out of the red keep one day.

Flying a dragon down to the Red Keep in an attempt to one shot Cersei, is the Westerosi equivalent of launching a nuke into Damascus to get at Assad.

Dany's like "Bend the knee." and Jon is like "No u."

And then Jon was a Targaryen

Jon is a people pleaser. He'll do whatever it takes to fight the wights. He'll bend the knee to show that he doesn't put himself above the greater good and Dany will be like "holy shit you really are a noble man who cares about the cause. Here's the dragonglass, now ride my dragon back north." And then Sansa will call him a bitch in front of all the Lords and Ladies for bending the knee while Littlefinger leans against that same wall.

Speevy

Banned
The Boltons and the Freys massacred all of Robb Stark's bannermen who were still traveling with him at the Red Wedding.

The Karstarks had already gone home, so he was left with at most about 12,000 men, many of whom were loyal to the Boltons.

molnizzle

It ain't incest if you don't know you're related.

pvBKdV2.png

Speevy

Banned
Now Sam Thing.

Give baby Sam greyscale.

Baby Sam already whitewalker.

Whitewalker Stone Man unstoppable.

Prince who was promised.

Tourney win vs real fighting is completely different.

I'm not going to bring up the books but Rhaegar is not even a challenge to guys like Jaime, Arthur and Barristan. Those 3 are elite level with Arthur and Barristan being even better than Jaime.

For example, when Lord Commander of the Kingsguard Gerold Hightower tells Ned in season 6 that "The usurper would be lying beneath the ground if we had (been at the trident)". He's not kidding.

By that logic, Rhaegar never had a chance to beat Robert due to Robert's strength. He was very good but not elite level.

Good info, thanks.

Jon is a people pleaser. He'll do whatever it takes to fight the wights. He'll bend the knee to show that he doesn't put himself above the greater good and Dany will be like "holy shit you really are a noble man who cares about the cause. Here's the dragonglass, now ride my dragon back north." And then Sansa will call him a bitch in front of all the Lords and Ladies for bending the knee while Littlefinger leans against that same wall.

I feel like they just filmed Littlefinger leaning against the wall for a minute and will be using the same shots and smirks throughout the season.

Vashetti

Banned
Watching s3, why did Shae eventually betray Tyrion?

She refused to understand that Tyrion had to wed Sansa for political reasons and just couldn't reconcile in her stupid head that Tyrion had no feelings for Sansa whatsoever.

Tyrion broke up with her because her presence was a danger to herself and to Tyrion.

Is Genry just a meme at this point, or is there a chance he's actually coming back?

edit: I don't see it happening unless a bittersweet ending means Westeros burns to the ground and the families with it... The only way to win is not to play?
the Starks never played to win the iron throne. Maybe Sansa, but that's it. Ned didn't want the iron throne, he just wanted to do what was right. Robb didn't want the iron throne, only justice for what happened to Ned.

Lol That's Aegon the Conquer and his sister wives. Got to keep that dragon juice strong bro. You think they rode three fully grown dragons by asking them nicely? The Valyrians clearly had some magical connection with their dragons, and that connection is tied to their blood.
only way to keep the juice strong is by inbreeding???

edit: sorry for double post

Heshinsi

King's Landing - possible nuke area

Hmm?...

only way to keep the juice strong is by inbreeding???

edit: sorry for double post
Well I mean how else would you keep dragon magic bloodline going from parent to child without diluting it? If their blood allowed them to ride dragons and have them be chill with them, I don't fault the Valyrians attempting to keep the magic going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom