• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fyi, I just saw a stupid spoiler picture going around on Facebook for tonight's episode, not sure if it is even real or not, but just be careful

Nameless

Love how relevant that fantastic Jon and Mance scene a couple seasons back is now with Jon possibly facing the same 'kneel or burn' ultimatum Mance did.

Jon made a compelling argument for kneeling then, but having felt the weight or the crown has he come to better understand if not share Mance's position? After the hit she took last week, pledging fealty to Dany will certainly mean joining the fight to take King's Landing and Northmen yet again marching South to die.

Vic_Viper

Is Greyworm/Unix's in general missing their dicks or their balls? (lol) I guess I thought it was the actual dick but after the scene last week with Greyworm I've been hopeing it was just the balls, like a neutered dog.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is Greyworm/Unix's in general missing their dicks or their balls? (lol) I guess I thought it was the actual dick but after the scene last week with Greyworm I've been hopeing it was just the balls, like a neutered dog.

Yeah, I thought it was t he dick and balls, but a lot of people thought it was just the balls. Last week's episode confirmed it was erthang, though. There's a shot where the light hits his nether region and you can see it's bare.

He also had to give her some of that Jon Snow cave kissing.

Think they don't have anything down there. iirc it was discussed during S3.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope it's the season final which is over 80 minutes long. :p

It ends with Dany getting on a boat back to Essos because she can't deal with her heartbreak but then Jon races to the port right before she lives, they reconcile and she attacks and kills everyone in King's Landing. It will be so romantic.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I hope that D&D aren't stupid enough to let Jon and Dany hook up.

That would be worse than Dorne, Kingsmoot and any other terrible scene in the show.

Don't you dare take this away from us. I've shipped them from Season #1.

I hope Tyrion gets to make a call back to this scene by doing the exact same reaction lol

b1df9ab76272c98febfd066b3327eea7.gif

Dany reacting like this when they found out that they're related and she still wants him would kill me.

0lXR4pi.gif

molnizzle

This was discussed at length in previous seasons and I don't think we ever got a clear answer. "Root and stem or just the root?" was the conversation.

I'll be honest and say that if they do it right I might be okay with it, but I don't have faith.

We don't have to have a power couple taking Westeros by storm like this is some cheap fantasy and forgive me for saying this but it'll feel like pandering to the "Jon/Dany" shippers.

Both of their main goals are so different right now and I am almost convinced her eyes will remain on the Iron Throne.
So for Jon to hook up with Dany he'd have to cease being King in the North and change his aim to fight with her, which I doubt will happen.

I bet they'll team up for The Great War, I just think that the "reward" for all of that is them getting married would be ridiculously cheesy.

Eh, I'm rambling tbh since I don't have any idea how it'll go. But if they straight up decide ''Hey, we should hook up.'', there will be lots of salt.

I just watched ep2 today and did anyone else think it was bs with the, "That's not really a pure translation, it is actually genderless" line?

From the start they could have just used the noun child or one.

Curufinwe

I just watched ep2 today and did anyone else think it was bs with the, "That's not really a pure translation, it is actually genderless" line?

From the start they could have just used the noun child or one.

No, you're missing the point of prophecies on the show. They're supposed to be unclear and prone to misinterpretation.

How is it fanfic garbage? It's a Song of Ice and Fire. If it happens it seems like it's because it was planned from the beginning.

To be fair, I have a hard time believing he had every detail of the end game at first considering how long it's taken him to release part of the series. And even if he did, I bet there have been some considerable changes since the first book.

More so, D&D have made some changes according to GRRM, so it might very well be up to them. GRRM might have made them enemies in the future releases, where as the show runners might make them lovers.

"The song of ice and fire"

Please, tell me more...

No, you're missing the point of prophecies on the show. They're supposed to be unclear and prone to misinterpretation.

What's the misinterpretation when you clarify that it is genderless? With this show logic wouldn't it make more sense not to clarify? The viewer is now expecting the prophecy to possibly include Daney rather than it being a surprised.

I really hope that the Night King just doesn't freeze a body of water for them to cross below the Wall.

It would be a huge plot hole, since he easily could've frozen the body of water near Hardhome when Jon and the Nights Watch were ferrying wildlings.

I doubt it'll happen this way, I'm still banking on the mark Night King put on Bran to bring the Wall down, but if they do the frozen body of water thing I'll be upset....

Then again they could just use the excuse "Since Winter has finally come, that means the northernmost bodies of water would freeze over"

televator

I really hope that the Night King just doesn't freeze a body of water for them to cross below the Wall.

It would be a huge plot hole, since he easily could've frozen the body of water near Hardhome when Jon and the Nights Watch were ferrying wildlings.

I doubt it'll happen this way, I'm still banking on the mark Night King put on Bran to bring the Wall down, but if they do the frozen body of water thing I'll be upset....

Then again they could just use the excuse "Since Winter has finally come, that means the northernmost bodies of water would freeze over"

Nah, he'll build an ice jet and just fly over the wall. Then he'll carpet ice bomb all of Westeros and say "You all need to chill out."

Timbuktu

Them walking over a frozen sea seem too mundane and a it climatic, so I doubt that will be the case, then again the scene with Bran going through the wall was also without any drama, so it didn't feel there was anything to that either. They might leave it a bit ambiguous, at the end I feel like watching characters looking for blame as to how the wall fell down.

I would have thought the people building the wall would have foreseen this issue and, I don't even know, like pile a whole bunch of rocks way out to sea (hey if they already built a massive ice wall). It seems silly to go to all that trouble and then the sea freezes and the Night King just strolls past the wall anyway. I guess if it froze they could booby trap the ice or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom