• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Bran has seen some shit or more like he's seen a bunch of shit that will eventually happen right? It did seem weird though.

It isn't that he has seen it. It is that he is seeing it, constantly, all the time. He's under the tree with Sansa but he is also in a bunch of other places simultaneously.

Imagine paying attention to 64 tv screens at once AND holding down a conversation.

He's been with Sansa ever since he became the 3-eyed raven. There really isn't that much for them to talk about. There are plenty of things he could tell her, but not necessarily should tell her, which is probably what he is considering during most of that scene.

This was a much better episode. The last two seemed rushed. Trying to fit too much into one episode. No Arya today or Hound help put more focus on the Dany and Jon scenes.
Agreed. First two episodes were damn good, don't get me wrong, but the dialogue was weak. Much, much, much better in this one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
how will she feel when she knows that he is not her half brother but her cousin?

If I'm honest I don't think she'll care. She was practically attached to his hip when he was a bastard, I doubt finding out he's just a cousin will phase her much. Or Sansa for that matter, though it might send Sansa into panic mode considering Littlefinger is still around.

I'm one of the book nerds to. But you live a in very deep hole if you don't see a very loud and annoying group of book readers get elitist and bitchy about everything the show does that they don't think will happen in the books.

The Door
Shireen's burning
Even Jon's resurrection
I could go on.

This is a discussion better had in the book thread.

I only really post on GAF. Shireen's burning aside (I believe this is more due to the circumstances) I don't think people were pissy about anything mentioned, on GAF at least.

The way I see this episode, Bran telling his sister about him seeing her being raped is way more effective at proving to her that the threat of white walkers are real.

Jaime finding out he was right about Tyrion, is one more reason for him to walk away from Cersei.

Does Grey Work die at Castely Rock, or does Dany save him and the other unsully with dragon fire, turning Euron in to a flame broiled snack.

The speed at which things are happening, has everything to do with next season and the number of episodes.

Also checking out Cersei choice of outfits suggest to me, she will die and will return as a white walker.

Jon and Dany is definitely gonna happen. Pretty sure that's been foreshadowed to hell and back for awhile now. And yeah, like others pointed out, Dany was definitely giving Jon the sex look at the end of their second scene together when he was walking away.

Another thing, Cersei kissing Jaime right after wiping poison from her lips. Uh. Sam shaking Jorah's hand like the day after treatment. Uhhhh. At least I get the gesture there.

Jon and Dany is definitely gonna happen. Pretty sure that's been foreshadowed to hell and back for awhile now. And yeah, like others pointed out, Dany was definitely giving Jon the sex look at the end of their second scene together when he was walking away.
Lol yep, Jon's brooding levels were too strong. He's gonna ride the dragon.

Think Jamie's tune on Tyrion will change now that he knows he definitely didn't kill Joffery?

He might be still mad about him murdering Tywin, but Tywin did try to kill Tyrion lol

I too am very interested to see what Jaime's opinion is on Tyrion now.

Keep in mind, back in season 5 he said "If I ever see him again, I'll split him in two." Tyrion DID still kill Tywin.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Starting to think Dany sucks at this whole war thing...
She doesn't want to kill thousands of innocent people.
Neither Jon or Dany seemed to like or respect each other very much.
Nah, in private they both seemed to understand where the other was coming from. Hence the final scene between them.
The reason Dany is taking L's is apparent in her meeting with Jon, dude comes humbly and she's barking orders with her head high like who gives a fuck woman. She's way too into herself and it's kind of insufferable as a viewer.
The problem with us viewers is that we know Jon. We understand his position, what he is about, what motivates him, as well as why he does what he does. She doesn't know any of that. She has solid point. For all she knows, this man standing in front of her is just one more person trying to break apart the seven kingdoms that she's trying wrestle from Cersei. Tyrion explained it perfectly to Jon. She doesn't know you.

And you're talking about Jon being humble. How about seeing this from her perspective. Here is a guy who is adamant that one of the seven kingdoms you're trying to unite break free, but he also wants you to stop everything you're doing and send your armies north to fight something you've never heard of and don't believe. That's a bloody big ask on a first meeting. If I was Dany I'd tell him to fuck off as well. I've just sailed from Essos, I've heard of the Sept blowing nut job running Westeros, I'm losing soldiers due to not wanting to straight torch the damn place, and here's this northern guy who is trying to create a breakaway kingdom, who then has the nerve to tell me, "yeah so no to the integrity of the Kingdoms, and I also need you to throw in a side order of everything you've got!"

It literally makes no sense for Dany to start their very first meeting by not putting all her chips on the table. Their isn't a leader in the world that wouldn't press their advantage in that sort of meet up. But the magic in all of this is Tyrion. He explains to Jon why a girl who spent the majority of her life being hunted, abused, and mistreated; who fought for and freed an entire nation of slaves, who has arrived back home from exile, wouldn't just roll over and believe the first thing out of some stranger's mouth.

Jon came to Dragonstone to demand something of Dany, and Dany for her part invited Jon to equally demand something of him. Both demands were extreme. So Tyrion convinced both of them to scale back their initial demands. That's how negotiations work, and by the end they both ended up raising their stock and opinion of each other.

It's very easy for us to use the information that we know and judge characters in how they react to what is unknown to them. As much as I would love for Dany to immideatly start high fiving Jon and telling him, "white walkers, Night's King, army of the dead...yeah I'm in!" It doesn't make sense for that scene to go down that way.

Also, while it sucks what's happening to Tyanne, I honestly felt Cersei was owed that. Ellaria Sand, you deserve the award for being the greatest fool in all of Westeros.

So ah, Grey Worm and the Unsullied left to Casterly Rock around the same time as Yara and Ellaria went. Euron was able to surprise attack Yara's fleet, sail back to KL to present them, and then sail to the opposite side of the continent and arrive moments after Grey Worm and company took the city. That's logic defying bullshit. You can't sail that fast. I get time jumps, I honestly get it. But this shit is stupid.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Fucking Lannisters man....literally the focal point of every conflict that has occurred in KL.
p1znx-.gif

Cersei now:

As was said by several people during the ep, man the scene where Jon and Dany meet was filmed so good, it looks fantastic.

As did the part when Jon and Davos get surprised by the dragon and the shot from the cliff over the water in the sun.

Its interesting to note that Tyrion's downfall was one of his biggest character arcs dating back to scenes with his Dad, where he wants control over Casterly Rock. He "got" it, but it might end up hurting Dany and his' cause.

That was a bit weird. It was an interesting subversion of the moment but it was also weird that Tywin's fuck up didn't bite the Lannisters in the ass more.

Yup, their costumes are fantastic.

It's gonna be about the Zombies. 99%. It wasn't a "reward", but it totally is a reward, since it's what he's wanted all along.

Yeah.

The double hype of both characters was hilarious. Wonder what Daenareys reaction will be when she finds out Jon died and came back to life.

There was a good moment when she asked Tyrion about it too, and he just wrote it off as an exaggeration hehe.

When they were talking outside and Dany gave him permission to mine for Dragonglass, she gave him the look.
https://youtu.be/6VWv2wJH_R4?t=1m43s

this look?
If I'm honest I don't think she'll care. She was practically attached to his hip when he was a bastard, I doubt finding out he's just a cousin will phase her much. Or Sansa for that matter, though it might send Sansa into panic mode considering Littlefinger is still around.
so will she be cool with the whole Targaryen thing, I mean...Jon is hanging out with a Targaryen now and a giant dragon skull acted as a hidey hole for her in season 1.
70f44df75ff707a651e30798a2a5cd05.gif

MG310

It kind of ruins whatever image the Tyrells being a great house. Their armies were relatively untouched during the previous wars, and Jaime took their castle in one day.

Probably spread thin with Tarly's defection and their army marching across Dorne to meet up with Ellaria and Yara's forces to attack King's Landing by sea.

Davos: "I hear it's beautiful down there! With the palm trees and butterflies..."

Missandei: "I have a boyfriend."

I didn't really get what little finger was yammering on about. Fill me in?

gave Sansa a legit look into his mindset and it might be the foreshadowing of his death now that Bran is home

Lol yep, Jon's brooding levels were too strong. He's gonna ride the dragon.

LOL

Indeed.

I'm very curious to see how they'll handle developing the two's relationship over the course of the season in order to get to that point. The destination seems clear as day to me, it's just the journey to it that seems a bit more up in the air.

OrionX

I too am very interested to see what Jaime's opinion is on Tyrion now.

Keep in mind, back in season 5 he said "If I ever see him again, I'll split him in two." Tyrion DID still kill Tywin.

I really want another scene between the 3 Lannister siblings before all is said and done, but it's hard to imagine how that would happen without resulting in Tyrion's death. :/

yyr

Agreed. First two episodes were damn good, don't get me wrong, but the dialogue was weak. Much, much, much better in this one.

I always pay attention after the opening credits to see who wrote the episode I'm about to watch.

The showrunners wrote this episode so it was more than likely going to be good. And it was.

Keep thinking about that Varys-Melisandre scene. Those guys (including Baelish, even though he's been "quiet" this season) seem to know so much more than everyone else. They're playing the "game" at the highest level right now.

Jon came to Dragonstone to demand something of Dany, and Dany for her part invited Jon to equally demand something of him. Both demands were extreme. So Tyrion convinced both of them to scale back their initial demands. That's how negotiations work, and by the end they both ended up raising their stock and opinion of each other.

I'll have to watch again but I don't remember Jon demanding a single thing, only asking.

His requests might have seemed ridiculous, but I don't recall a single demand.

She just demanded, like nope, this is mine, that is mine, you will bend the knee blah blah.

She contradicted herself, would you judge a Daughter for the sins of her Father?/Didn't your father help overthrow my father?

Put the love aside. she's making errors and it's going to cost her. It pains me to see it but I at least do not deny it.

Astral Dog

Omg Jon is so dumb that whole scene was hilariously dumb 😂

Poor Olena though i don't know how they beat the tyrells so easily 😢

Davos laying out Jon's stuff there while also pointing out where he started is the best.

Even more so when his original introduction at the start of the scene was just "Jon Snow" and everyone was waiting for more. :D

Fucking Lannisters man....literally the focal point of every conflict that has occurred in KL.

Yup, it's what they exist for.

This episode made it seem like the Lannister army look very formidable as a fighting force as well as being lead by formidable leaders, and unlike the soldiers guarding Castely Rock, Jaime's foot soldiers are wearing breastplate so gonna be a costly battle for Dany.

breastplate wont help with dragon fire.

KarmaCow

Did anyone else find it weird that the people cheering for Cersei? I get that she's commanding through fear but it wasn't that long ago people were spitting on her in the street. It seemed odd that people were so on her side, even if Euron was bringing in the people who were planning on attacking King's Landing.

That last scene though, god damn. Olenna twisting the knife with her dying breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom