• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Tyrion is not so hot a strategic planner? That's two huge blows at once.

I don't see Cersei/Jaime outsmarting Tyrion though so completely. I haven't followed the thread tonight, but I'd swear there's a spy in Dany's camp, but the only candidates would be Varys or Melisandre which doesn't seem at all likely.

This complete and utter destruction of Dany's forces is way too much...

Greyjoy fleet - gone
Dornish army - essentially gone without the Sands
Tyrell army - gone
Unsullied - stranded in Casterly Rock
Dragon's - at ~least one is going to die with the Ballista's

Months and months are passing within each episode now. Next episode will probably have Jon's banner men balls deep in a dragonglass mine.

They're skipping the boring stuff now. The characters have been established, now we're just seeing the important actions.

I've already gone over how that still doesn't explain the fact the Casterly Rock was sacked and ambushed on the same day by the same fleet that took out the other half of Danny's fleet.

Because you can't actually explain that

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Months and months are passing within each episode now. Next episode will probably have Jon's banner men balls deep in a dragonglass mine.

They're skipping the boring stuff now. The characters have been established, now we're just seeing the important actions.
Yeah, I dunno how many more times it can be stated that each scene can be taking weeks apart, so trying to figure out the specifics of travel, when we've no idea how much has passed between scenes, is pretty futile.

...it wasn't the same day?

There was no passage of time between the sacking of the castle and the ambush of the fleet.

They took that castle in less than a day because it was practically abandoned.

It would need to be weeks between the sacking of the castle and the fleet catching up to them.

I've already gone over how that still doesn't explain the fact the Casterly Rock was sacked and ambushed on the same day by the same fleet that took out the other half of Danny's fleet.

Because you can't actually explain that

Yea, when I saw eurons forces I let out a "come the fuck on" to all my friends.

molnizzle

There was no passage of time between the sacking of the castle and the ambush of the fleet.

They took that castle in less than a day because it was practically abandoned.

It would need to be weeks between the sacking of the castle and the fleet catching up to them.

Why?

I don't understand what that has to do with anything. Months passed between Euron wiping out Dany's fleet and then going to Casterly Rock.

Euron is OP pls nerf.

Bran the entire episode

DGCMjbBV0AA99Xh.jpg:orig

kurahador

So many things happening yet the dead is still marching. Next episode Winterfell will run out a year of food and dead is still marching.

I don't see Cersei/Jaime outsmarting Tyrion though so completely. I haven't followed the thread tonight, but I'd swear there's a spy in Dany's camp, but the only candidates would be Varys or Melisandre which doesn't seem at all likely.

Greyjoy fleet - gone
Tyrell army - gone

Yea I really dislike this.

Einchy

So many things happening yet the dead is still marching. Next episode Winterfell will run out a year of food and dead is still marching.
They're not marching, they're waiting. It's not like they've spent 7 seasons marching south, they just can't physically cross the Wall until The Night King can get rid of the magic on it.

I guess the "Long Night" is refering to the Army of the dead sleeping, because there's absolutely NO WAY it's taking them months to go from Hardhome to Eastwatch Tower or Castle Black.

But time isn't passing the same for everybody in Westeros. Several years in King's Landing could be just a couple days north of the wall.

Mr_Moogle

I thought the actor playing the Ironborn who picked up Reek did a better job than the guy playing Euron who seems cartoony in comparison.

Emwitus

I dunno, he alludes to the rape. What other terrible things have happened to Sansa specifically in Winterfell?

The events might be out of place. Meaning he might not have known if the rape happened on the wedding night. Again, he said he only sees fragments that are out of place

Why?

I don't understand what that has to do with anything. Months passed between Euron wiping out Dany's fleet and then going to Casterly Rock.

The Unsullied left most likely before, or at the same time as the other half of the fleet that was supposed to go to Dorne. They would be going in the same direction for at least the first third of the trip, which means that the Iron Born fleet was intercepted during that initial third of the overall trip.

It doesn't matter how many months have passed when The Unsullied sailed across the continent and took the city and was instantly ambushed.

There is no attempt at explanation for such amazing feats of sneaking up on another naval force in the middle of the day. Just a little effort goes a long way, and they aren't making any attempts of treating the world like it actually has laws of time and physics and isn't just a fiction in a TV show that needs to wrap shit up.

Did anyone notice Dany mentioned her dragons by name TWICE in this episode, once when she was thinking of taking out Euron's fleet and another time to Jon Snow.

They barely ever mentioned Visarion and Rhaegal. All of a sudden they mention it twice.

How cool would it be that Rhaegal flies to Jon and bonds with him because he's named after Jon's father?

molnizzle

The Unsullied left most likely before, or at the same time as the other half of the fleet that was supposed to go to Dorne. They would be going in the same direction for at least the first third of the trip, which means that the Iron Born fleet was intercepted during that initial third of the overall trip.

It doesn't matter how many months have passed when The Unsullied sailed across the continent and took the city and was instantly ambushed.

There is no attempt at explanation for such amazing feats of sneaking up on another naval force in the middle of the day. Just a little effort goes a long way, and they aren't making any attempts of treating the world like it actually has laws of time and physics and isn't just a fiction in a TV show that needs to wrap shit up.

Aren't the Ironborn like master pirates and the best sailors in Westeros?

Not that hard to believe they staged an naval ambush when they knew the Unsullied were coming.

UglyPony

Greyjoy fleet - gone
Tyrell army - gone

You're forgetting the Dothraki horde.

Chipotle

Hope one of the spinoffs is just episode after episode filling in the details of the long journeys that people seem to be clamouring for.

Hope one of the spinoffs is just episode after episode filling in the details of the long journeys that people seem to be clamouring for.
And one entire season will be devoted to Euron producing 1,000 ships out of his ass.

smh at the Euron hate...the dude gets results and has a great time doing it.

He and Cersei are the only ones in this entire show who are getting shit done.
Results have been proven to be difficult to get.

The problem with Euron is he produced the best fleet out of thin air, and also has a teleporter for that entire fleet.

kingocfs

Einchy

Ya'll remember when people used to complain and complain about GoT being too slow and the travel taking too long? Now it's all people want.

Rolfgang

Not that hard to believe they staged an naval ambush when they knew the Unsullied were coming.

Well you need to be actually there to stage an ambush. We know the Unsullied and Yara/Theon left at the same time at Dragonstone. Then Euron ambushed Yara's fleet, went back to King's Landing, had a parade, did some shittalking, got on his boat again and arrived at the same time as the Unsullied? Yeah, that's not possible.

He has done shit to deserve that. He is just a freaking badly written character.
Ya'll remember when people used to complain and complain about GoT being too slow and the travel taking too long? Now it's all people want.

There is a middleground. This is not it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So is Kings landing about to be beseiged by the Dornish and tyrell armies? This season really needed to be longer, I'm assuming the Tyrell army had already started marching to Kings landing? Is the Dornish army now stuck without ships? They don't have their own? I know that their leaders have been killed or captured, but the actual nations still exist in some form. The show really needs more time to show what is going on, it's getting very confusing.

Stat!

Im not sure if it's been mentioned but the fact that we didn't see Lady Tyrell die, does that mean there is like hope that Jamie didn't poison her and it was all a ruse to get her to admit it?

....Im hanging onto something here lol

Look at the map and explain how a single fleet ambushes one half of a fleet, stops at Kings Landing, which based on the location of Sunspear, means they would have to go backwards to some degree, and then sneak up on the other half of the fleet that was going all away the entire continent and wait for ambushing them the day they attack Casterly Rock (although you can make a fair argument they could have destroyed them in the ocean and not even needed them to wait to hit land)

The geography and locations of the events are impossible to match up. And if you want to talk an actual naval ambush, it's fucking impossible to hide two of the largest naval fleets in the country when they are sailing for months on end. The Unsullied, at worst, would have known they were being trailed by a faster force for weeks on end.

So is Kings landing about to be beseiged by the Dornish and tyrell armies? This season really needed to be longer, I'm assuming the Tyrell army had already started marching to Kings landing? Is the Dornish army now stuck without ships? They don't have their own? I know that their leaders have been killed or captured, but the actual nations still exist in some form. The show really needs more time to show what is going on, it's getting very confusing.

What's left of the Tyrell army is either defected to the Lanisters or is dead. Dornish are out of the game with no navy to move them in place.

Again, this is all a very half assed attempt to nerf Danny and force her to use the foreign horde she assembled and her dragons.

Im not sure if it's been mentioned but the fact that we didn't see Lady Tyrell die, does that mean there is like hope that Jamie didn't poison her and it was all a ruse to get her to admit it?

She is dead. Why would Jaime even think of that?

molnizzle

Well you need to be actually there to stage an ambush. We know the Unsullied and Yara/Theon left at the same time at Dragonstone. Then Euron ambushed Yara's fleet, went back to King's Landing, had a parade, did some shittalking, got on his boat again and arrived at the same time as the Unsullied? Yeah, that's not possible.

Why not? Months passed in between.

denx

Results have been proven to be difficult to get.

The problem with Euron is he produced the best fleet out of thin air, and also has a teleporter for that entire fleet.

Again, this is a problem with D&D dropping the ball with the details this season. This could had mostly been brushed away had they mentioned that Euron built his fleet from ships he captured and/or allied with during his ten years pirating around the world.

Kalor

There's no reason for her to stay alive. Her army is dead so she's not going to be any help to Dany anytime soon.

Figgles

Yea, it makes no sense. This would take weeks to go south of dorne and back up to casterly rock. It would make more sense if these ships were near the iron islands. But how did Euron get there?

Look at the distance from dragonstone to King's Landing. If dany's 2 fleets left dragonstone around the same time, and the battle between Yara and Euron took place not too far from ds/kl, it wouldn't take long for Euron to return to KL. The unsullied fleet would only be a few days ahead, and unaware they were being pursued. The time it took them to prepare for their siege, would be plenty of time for Euron to catch up.

Can we all agree, that had they not made a point to show Euron's ship The Silence on the coast of Casterly Rock we all could suspend disbelief that Euron split up his fleet and that's how they were able to ambush them going to Dorne and during the bait and switch of taking Casterly Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom