• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three cheers for Jorah Mormont of House Mormont, cured and well, walking in on Dany and Jon.
NOW HIS WATCH BEGINS

I can see him taking over his father's position by the end of this though. All of this show is basically a wayward son returning home.
Speaking of which, I kinda wish they had made this into one final season and not do this one (which is already feeling both tired and yet stressed at the same time) and then still another next year.
I mean, that wall is going to have to fall by the end of this season or something like that to validate there being a last one. If they can just go around it, then it's like "the fuck took you so long to do it". Maybe they'll get into one of Euron's boats and it's suddenly 'white walkers everywhere, gg'. A lot of the topography in this show doesn't make sense unless you read the books and know the map of Westeros. Or maybe the dead just walk really really slow.
I do love Euron's enjoyment in his rampage though. Reek returning for a flash in the second episode was great, in my opinion. As for Dorne: good riddance. I'll miss house Tyrell, but good lord will I not miss Dorne at all. House Frey: eh. Gave Arya something to do, I guess? Kinda feel that character has been done for a while now, and frankly rooting for Cersei to capture (and kill) her.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Something that's been nagging at the back of my mind ever since Bran came back, and I want to know if anyone has any insight. The first couple of seasons we had multiple different scenes were the likes of Robb, Cat, and I believe Ned, kept stating that "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell." I brought this up to a friend and asked him if the lack of a Stark there might have something to do with the Nights King's march south. But he then pointed out that the White Walkers were at it with their fuckery from the first episode. In the second season though when we see them again, I'm pretty sure their attack at the Fist of the First Men happens after Bran and Rickon flee from Winterfell.

So why make a big deal out of this statement if there isn't some weird things going on behind the scenes? It seemed like that line was almost like a second family saying after, "winter is coming!" Similar to the Lannister's "a Lannister always pays their debt."

OrionX

I think it's just the speed of everything happening so fast. What would be the reasoning for Varys to immediately start double crossing Dany? Is he truly like LF and just wants chaos and mayhem? Doesn't seem like the character he's been propped up to be for the past 6 seasons.

I agree that turning on Dany would seem contradictory for him... but maybe it's not so much that he wants to sabotage Dany and more that he's trying to steer her down a specific path "for the good of the realm." Maybe she needed to be in a more vulnerable position to convince her to ally with Jon, for example. Or maybe I'm just really overthinking things. lol

I'd like to know what exactly the "voice in the flames" said to him as a child, because I feel like that's been the driving force behind everything he's done. I originally assumed the voice told him he needed to help Dany in her rise to power, but who knows.

Corpekata

Banned
You guys are, in attempting to justify some odd writing/editing choices, kind of missing the forest for the trees.

There's no spy in Dany's council. All these manuevers are meant to be is to show off that Euron and Jamie are skilled After all, we left last season with like half the cast united against them. They needed to start this season reminding us why they aren't just getting nuked with just 2 primary characters left around.

Tyrion underestimated his sister in thinking she would stubbornly make sure he never got his hands on their birthplace. He bet on her pride and vanity and lost, that's about it.

Heshinsi

Nah, Drogon's the only one the general audience is familiar with... though that also means his death would have more impact. Hmmm.....

Drogon dies, Dany dies. Drogon is to Dany what a Valyrian steel sword is to the best fighters in Westeros. He is a living, breathing extension of Dany. The better not pull a
Homecoming and have a Stark tell her, "if you're nothing without Drogon, then maybe you shouldn't be queen!"

He best not die or I will be penning a very long, and very angry letter to HBO.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Something that's been nagging at the back of my mind ever since Bran came back, and I want to know if anyone has any insight. The first couple of seasons we had multiple different scenes were the likes of Robb, Cat, and I believe Ned, kept stating that "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell." I brought this up to a friend and asked him if the lack of a Stark there might have something to do with the Nights King's march south. But he then pointed out that the White Walkers were at it with their fuckery from the first episode. In the second season though when we see them again, I'm pretty sure their attack at the Fist of the First Men happens after Bran and Rickon flee from Winterfell.

So why make a big deal out of this statement if there isn't some weird things going on behind the scenes? It seemed like that line was almost like a second family saying after, "winter is coming!" Similar to the Lannister's "a Lannister always pays their debt."

I think that's just a way of saying that The North looks up to the Starks, and that there always needs to be a Stark there or it would seem like The North is without a leader.

Could be more to it but I never thought there was much to it other than that.

Heshinsi

I think that's just a way of saying that The North looks up to the Starks, and that there always needs to be a Stark there or it would seem like The North is without a leader.

Could be more to it but I never thought there was much to it other than that.
I had totally forgot those scenes until Bran returned. So you're probably right that it's more than likely a reference to the Stark power and the symbol of their authority.

Maximo

You guys are, in attempting to justify some odd writing/editing choices, kind of missing the forest for the trees.

There's no spy in Dany's council. All these manuevers are meant to be is to show off that Euron and Jamie are skilled After all, we left last season with like half the cast united against them. They needed to start this season reminding us why they aren't just getting nuked with just 2 primary characters left around.

Tyrion underestimated his sister in thinking she would stubbornly make sure he never got his hands on their birthplace. He bet on her pride and vanity and lost, that's about it.

Tyrion forgot how testosterone filled Euron was and that he invented warp technology, also hes the reincarnation of the Drowned God, and the Promised Prince

Heshinsi

5a9e6c2c7877fb307225ed363287495d.jpg

Love this guy's work lol.

https://www.facebook.com/jhallcomics/

Einchy

Tyrion and Jon's back and forth in this episode were the shit, I hope they have a lot more scenes together.

Heshinsi

I think I might be the only person who sees Olenna going out trying to get the final laugh in, but not so effective as Jaime keeps his composure.
Olenna doesn't give two shits what's Jaime thinks, because the message is for Cersei.

"Yeah tell that bitch she should have gone with her original plans for me, because I'm going to die in comfort while I made her son die in agony. Tell her Lady Olenna sends her regards!"

Cersie going to go all medieval pope on her and have her remains exhumed so that she could put her on trial haha.

you know, Jon trusted Tyrion enough; I wonder why he didn't just start talking about the winter war with Tyrion, on their way up to see Dany?

Tyrion went with him to the wall...Jon could've started telling him his godforsaken anecdotes and I think he would even be comfortable telling Tyrion about his resurrection. Sansa knows, right? I'm assuming Jon or Davos told her. So I think Jon if it was just him and Davos present would tell him everything, before being in front of Dany. Right in front of Dany it's awkward that's why Jon had to stop him

Olenna doesn't give two shits what's Jaime thinks, because the message is for Cersei.

"Yeah tell that bitch she should have gone with her original plans for me, because I'm going to die in comfort while I made her son die in agony. Tell her Lady Olenna sends her regards!"

Cersie going to go all medieval pope on her and have her remains exhumed so that she could put her on trial haha.

No way Jaime tells her, though. He doesn't want to deal with that.

Yea I don't see him telling her, so her last hurrah just falls on deaf ears and Olenna's revenge doesn't get fulfilled and her ancient house is now destroyed under her watch.

sjboi

My thoughts, after a re-watch:

- LOVED the Varys/Melisandre exchange. Two powerful and fascinating characters, with Varys coming across as very sinister here and a bit out of his depth. I'm intrigued.

- That was peak Cersei. Lena Headey's performance this episode was sublime. Her revenge on Ellaria and Tyene was both fitting and disturbing. Shout-out to their respective actresses as well, they did a great job conveying emotion without speaking, as others have mentioned.

- The fact that Cersei was so turned on by extracting her revenge that she then immediately blows her brother... damn. It's dark. But also kind of sweet that they no longer have to hide their relationship.

- I didn't catch Randyll Tarly and Bronn riding behind Jaime the first time I watched the episode.

- Lady Olenna, truly an iconic character! Sad she had to go, but what an awesome way to go out. Captivating scene.

Overall I really loved this episode.

Heshinsi

No way Jaime tells her, though. He doesn't want to deal with that.

"So Jaime, how did that old hag take that I outsmarted her?"

5f571e0e4fee8d57b64b98f2410bf676cb20d545_hq.gif

"Well she ah, she took it quite well actually all things considered."

giphy.gif

"What, no last minute snark from the Queen of Thorns?"

tumblr_static_7xfwpvczfmw4sosw0c0s0w80o_640_v2.gif

"..."

giphy.gif

"What is it Jaime, what happened?!

tumblr_mngn7a43Q91spnoblo1_500.gif

"I think it's best we forget about Olenna Tyrell."

Game-of-Thrones-Season-5-game-of-thrones-38087363-500-250.gif

"I'm not some child you need to protect from words spat at me from a dying old woman. Tell me what she said!"

giphy.gif

"She said she killed our little boy...she poisoned Joffrey!"

zocXVZ6.gif

"My sweet, sweet little boy."

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fgame-of-thrones-reacts-to-the-purple-wedding%2Fcersei.gif

"Once I get my hands on that Imp and his whore wife, they will know that the debt has been paid in full!"

tumblr_n282px75k91r06qd5o1_250.gif

"Cersei, Oleena killed our son. Tyrion and Sansa had nothing to do with it."

tumblr_inline_o6u94omt061t7wcnj_500.gif

"How dare you betray me Jaime?! How dare you protect those fiendish monsters who took our boy from us?!"

055d1283e619427a27eb1d16f9d1712076a031ba_hq.gif

That's when Jaime releases his dealing with Queen Psycho and he books it for Dragonstone to seek out Tyrion.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Thought it was weird that the guards were very protective of kaleesi in one scene then in another John walks up behind her with no one watching over her

Einchy

Heshinsi postin' them leaks.
[TW]Stone;245167128 said:
Thought it was weird that the guards were very protective of kaleesi in one scene then in another John walks up behind her with no one watching over her

Haha, yeah, I thought the same but I understand why they did it. This was supposed to be a private moment between them where we finally saw their relationship grow a bit, would've been a bit weird from a dramatic standpoint if she had a bunch of guards.

Heshinsi

I'm an expert in Dothraki so let me clear up the confusion you seem to be having. In the throne room when Dany turns around to speak to her Dothraki guard, what she says is:

**Dothraki** "Hash yer, ray tih loy alegri zhey vikeesi, k'asi assikhqoyisirivo mawizzi vo alegri Meereen. Anha ray char m'ave yeri lajakoon hakeso, vezh adothrae nakhaan rhaesheseri. Anha zmiti, anha dorasi. Hoshora ma mahrazhi aqovi affin mori, atihi mae hash tihi, anha vazhak maan firikhnharen. Vekhi she nhare yeroon! Hash tih!

**English** "Listen, Snowman seems to be hot as fuck, and I haven't gotten laid since I left Meereen. So if he comes seeking me out, you chill the fuck out and let him come to me. I want this, I need this. There's an inferno building up in my loins, and only ice can put it out, if you get my drift. Blink twice if you understood what I said! Good!"

wandering

Banned
I'm an expert in Dothraki so let me clear up the confusion you seem to be having. In the throne room when Dany turns around to speak to her Dothraki guard, what she says is:

"Listen, Snowman seems to be hot as fuck, and I haven't gotten laid since I left Meereen. So if he comes seeking me out, you chill the fuck out and let him come to me. I want this, I need this. There's an inferno building up in my loins, and only ice can put it out, if you get my drift. Blink twice if you understood what I said! Good!"

You could totally replace D&D

hemo memo

Gold Member
Indeed I feel like this season is skipping a lot of details important to the story and events. I wish it was like Turkish television drama a 120 to 150 minutes an episode. The show deserve it.

There was a guy at the top of the stairs before Jon comes into frame.

**Dothraki** "Hash yer, ray tih loy alegri zhey vikeesi, k'asi assikhqoyisirivo mawizzi vo alegri Meereen. Anha ray char m'ave yeri lajakoon hakeso, vezh adothrae nakhaan rhaesheseri. Anha zmiti, anha dorasi. Hoshora ma mahrazhi aqovi affin mori, atihi mae hash tihi, anha vazhak maan firikhnharen. Vekhi she nhare yeroon! Hash tih!

**English** "Listen, Snowman seems to be hot as fuck, and I haven't gotten laid since I left Meereen. So if he comes seeking me out, you chill the fuck out and let him come to me. I want this, I need this. There's an inferno building up in my loins, and only ice can put it out, if you get my drift. Blink twice if you understood what I said! Good!"

But there is fire in Jon's loins, as well.

2 fires vs. 1 ice. What's the outcome in that situation?

Is Jon immune to fire like Dany?

All these questions.

And will Dany be pissed that Jon is the rightful heir to the 7 kingdoms? I mean she could just be his sugar aunty queen, I suppose.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If Drogon does die, I don't expect it to be until next season. I don't see any way the writers would deprive us of Drogon vs White Walker badassness.

One of the dragons definitely has to die eventually though. If for nothing else, to send shockwaves to the viewers to remind everyone they aren't invincible. Also, they showed off that ballista for a reason. Would they really build it up just to have it miss? But if dragons die I expect Drogon to be the last to go.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Also, who is going to be the one who kills Franken-Mountain?

Ooh man, I would love for it to be Tyrion.

I thought The Hound for years, but with him heading farther away from King's Landing it appears, it would appear less likely this season. Although with the speed that everyone travels lately, they could have The Hound, Berric,Thoros make it there in half in episode if they truly wanted.

Lately, I've been thinking The Mountain will die by being set on fire in a poetic way because of what he did to The Hound. By whose hand, I haven't really thought of yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I thought The Hound for years, but with him heading farther away from King's Landing it appears, it would appear less likely this season. Although with the speed that everyone travels lately, they could have The Hound, Berric,Thoros make it there in half in episode if they truly wanted.

Lately, I've been thinking The Mountain will die by being set on fire in a poetic way because of what he did to The Hound. By whose hand, I haven't really thought of yet.

As of yet there's no one in a position to kill The Mountain, unless Bronn face-turns to join back up with Tyrion and bro it up.

If The Mountain dies it probably won't be this season, if he did it'd be a surprise given the direction and speed of the plot.

taizuke

If Drogon does die, I don't expect it to be until next season. I don't see any way the writers would deprive us of Drogon vs White Walker badassness.

One of the dragons definitely has to die eventually though. If for nothing else, to send shockwaves to the viewers to remind everyone they aren't invincible. Also, they showed off that ballista for a reason. Would they really build it up just to have it miss? But if dragons die I expect Drogon to be the last to go.

I'm with you and i'd would want for Drogon to die last but this show has a tendency to surprise people. Drogon dying first would be more impactful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom