• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I remember him throwing her down the moon door, but goddamn I can't believe I forgot about that revelation.
It's one of the coolest ones since it means Jaimie and Cersei didn't kill him. So everything that has happened in the show is Littlefinger's fault.

The episode this happened in lol.

d-rooooooooop.gif

A true agent of chaos. I kinda hope he lives through it.

televator

A lot of plot threads wouldn't have happened for sure But Ned would have died either way. And that was the catalyst that set so much shit in motion

How would Ned have died if he wasn't summoned to KL to become hand of the king and investigate Jon Aryn?

I mean sure, there's an infinite number of ways, but a planned thing by LF and in such a public manner at the hands of the Lannisters...

Nameless

A lot of plot threads wouldn't have happened for sure But Ned would have died either way. And that was the catalyst that set so much shit in motion

Would he? Robert has no reason to ride North to enlist Ned if Jon Arryn is alive. Littlefinger was also behind the letter Cat got implicating the Lannisters , and steered Ned towards the truth about Cersei's children knowing full well his honor would compel him to reveal the truth. He's also the one who framed Tyrion for the attempt on Bran's life.

Remove Littlefinger from the equation and hundreds of thousands live. This show is basically fantasy Downton Abby until Dany(or Mance) or the Night King show up... A Song of Peace and Prosperity.

televator

Jamie did throw Brandon off the tower. You could argue that started a lot of shit.

... which wouldn't have happened if King Robert didn't personally go to Winterfell to summon Ned to become the new Hand of the King because LF had Jon Aryn (the former hand murdered in secret). It all circles back to LF's meddling.

Guevara

I'm just thinking about how King's Landing is having cash flow problems, and the former Master of Coin is hanging around the North bored.

Fake Edit: actually both Littlefinger AND Tyrion were former Masters of Coin.

Einchy

I just realize I no longer have to hope an episode has Bran now that his storyline merged with Sansa's. Bran all day 'erday!

i watched the whole video. Ygritte did a summersault too. When the thenn smacked Jon's head on the anvil I swear it should've made some of his front teeth loose.

Those summersaults reminded me of every summersault I do in Uncharted 4 mp ever
Those two fights are related. Tanner taught him the value of fighting dirty and he utilized those tricks against Styr.

The Tanner fight is one of the most impressive displays of Jon's skill IMO as he was at an EXTREME disadvantage going against dual knives with a long sword in a very cramped space. Still he fought Karl to a draw until the spit/trip combo.
Fuck, yeah this happened right before the battle at castle black. Even if Karl wasn't fighting dirty I don't think Jon would've won. He's too fast.

Einchy

I kinda thought Karl was bullshitting about how good he was but dude indeed being a damn ninja. Give me 20 good Karls and we'll kill the Night bitch.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I kinda thought Karl was bullshitting about how good he was but dude indeed being a damn ninja. Give me 20 good Karls and we'll kill the Night bitch.
House Good Men and House Fooking Legend are all that's needed to save the realm.

How would Ned have died if he wasn't summoned to KL to become hand of the king and investigate Jon Aryn?

I mean sure, there's an infinite number of ways, but a planned thing by LF and in such a public manner at the hands of the Lannisters...
I was referring to brann, not jon ayrnn. Sorry for the confusion

I was just spoiled on another forum regarding episode 4. The shitty thing is the way it went down. The person dropping the leaks did so in a way that nobody knew they were leaking shit. Then someone called out "no specific poster" for posting leaks that he read on that page. Then it became easy to figure out who posted the leak simply based on what was posted even though nobody was called out by name. I couldn't stop my brain from deducing who it was.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So do we know if the mountain is dead? Like although he is already resurrected could he be turned into a wight?

Heshinsi

So wait, the bit with the Iron Bank is that they want their initial debts owed to them paid off, and then they would extend a new loan to Cersei? Why does Cersei need them if she just stole the gold from Highgarden? Also, why would Randyll "I'm a fucking Bigot" Tarly be fine with the region he backstabbed for, to be left high and dry out of its gold and resources?

Nameless

I wonder if Bran can actually warg into people or if he was only able warg Hodor because he'd done it already. Time loops are fun.

FiggyCal

Banned
So wait, the bit with the Iron Bank is that they want their initial debts owed to them paid off, and then they would extend a new loan to Cersei? Why does Cersei need them if she just stole the gold from Highgarden? Also, why would the Randyll "I'm a fucking Bigot" Tarly be fine with the region he backstabbed for, to be left high and dry out of its gold and resources?

The Lanisters already owed the Iron Bank money from before the war. Also you don't want them funding the enemy (the Northerners or Daenerys).

There seem to be a lot of problems with what has been happening with the Tarlys and Tyrells.

Heshinsi

The Lanisters already owed the Iron Bank money from before the war. Also you don't want them funding the enemy (the Northerners or Daenerys).

There seem to be a lot of problems with what has been happening with the Tarlys and Tyrells.

Would the bank be funding those two by way of proxy, because I don't see either of them agreeing to any financial help the bank gives them?

Yeah Tarly is a fucking joke.

"Hey so the good news is that you're the new Warden of the Reach. Bad news is you've got no money to pay your troops, and we just stole all your food. Thanks for choosing the winning side, and remember, if you piss us off we'll just get one of your underlyings to betray you. Bye!"

FiggyCal

Banned
Would the bank be funding those two by way of proxy, because I don't see either of them agreeing to any financial help the bank gives them?

Yeah Tarly is a fucking joke.

"Hey so the good news is that you're the new Warden of the Reach. Bad news is you've got no money to pay your troops, and we just stole all your food. Thanks for choosing the winning side, and remember, if you piss us off we'll just get one of your underlyings to betray you. Bye!"

Wars are expensive. Dany might not need their help now, but you need to pay troops, weapons, armor, food, etc.

Nameless

So wait, the bit with the Iron Bank is that they want their initial debts owed to them paid off, and then they would extend a new loan to Cersei? Why does Cersei need them if she just stole the gold from Highgarden? Also, why would Randyll "I'm a fucking Bigot" Tarly be fine with the region he backstabbed for, to be left high and dry out of its gold and resources?

Tywin gave a good rundown on the Iron Bank.

Cersei was paying attention. She always listened to her father more than Jaime or Tyrion and it's really showing now.

Heshinsi

I thought that Iron Bank scene was with Tywin and Tyrion, which is the reason I kept wondering why Tyrion would assume Casterly Rock was valuable. He doesn't know the place is goldless does he?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I thought that Iron Bank scene was with Tywin and Tyrion, which is the reason I kept wondering why Tyrion would assume Casterly Rock was valuable. He doesn't know the place is goldless does he?

He's mainly just trying to claim his birthright. I don't think there's an ounce of strategy behind that move.

I dont get the hate for Tarly.

Did you see what Cersei Did? She wiped out an entire house!!

Tarly even tells Jaime that he saw what Cersei does to those who disobey her.

If he goes against her, he knows that she can label him a traitor against the realm and wipe out his house.

He made a decision to back Cersei reluctantly.

Jesus, I feel like people just watch this show and post on neogaf and miss every dialogue. They pretty much spelled this out.

Like it or not, Cersei is the protector of the realm. Her commands outweighs allegiance to any house.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tyrion was master of coin for a time. He has to know.

About the debt? Sure. About the gold drying up? Not so sure. Remember that Tywin held his reigns pretty tight while there.

Someone should probably go back into those seasons and check to see if he ever mentioned it or had it mentioned to him.

Corpekata

Banned
Tyrion was betting on Cersei's vanity and pride. Cersei has after all made a lot of short sighted and wreckless moves, and she still thinks he killed Joffrey. He didn't really even want it as much he thought it would be a blow to her armies since he would be assaulting it with more skilled warriors through a back entrance. It was about taking out a lot of her forces (this is before they knew of Tyrell bannerman betrayals like Tarly).

It wasn't about gold or him wanting his birthright, it was just him underestimating his sister (or at least underestimating his brother wrangling her into smart strategy).

Even if Tyrion was not told directly in an Iron Bank scene, Olenna was on his war council and it should be safe to assume the whole "The Tyrells have been bankrolling things for a while now" thing was common knowledge.

sjboi

I dont get the hate for Tarly.

Did you see what Cersei Did? She wiped out an entire house!!

Tarly even tells Jaime that he saw what Cersei does to those who disobey her.

If he goes against her, he knows that she can label him a traitor against the realm and wipe out his house.

He made a decision to back Cersei reluctantly.

Jesus, I feel like people just watch this show and post on neogaf and miss every dialogue. They pretty much spelled this out.

Like it or not, Cersei is the protector of the realm. Her commands outweighs allegiance to any house.

I think a lot of people here just hate Cersei, and try to diminish her victories and her intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom