• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no

1209.gif

I just watched it and that was me the last 15 minutes of the episode. Such an awesome episode.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
YouTube is going to be a mess in the next few days, what's with getting so many recommended GoT videos.

YouTube is going to be a mess in the next few days, what's with getting so many recommended GoT videos.
With GOT spoilers i find youtube to be the worst with those fucking recommended videos.

Back in the day you could hide them but now google force it on the side of every video.

It's easy man. You delete your history and then tick the box to not record your viewing history. Everybody should do that. Also disable comments. It's been a year or two since Youtube last spoiled me, I think.

Nameless

We went through this for 5 1/2 seasons, guys:

-Avoid Twitter
-Avoid Reddit
-Avoid YouTube comments
-Be careful with image searches
-Dont open PSN/XBL/Steam messages from strangers/don't voice chat with strangers period

gutshot

-Avoid Twitter
-Avoid Reddit
-Avoid YouTube comments
-Dont open PSN/XBL/Steam messages from strangers/don't voice chat with strangers period

I'll also add avoid Twitch chat too.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Seeing everyone freak out about leaks...
tumblr_o66bziWvgo1s5m21go1_500-1461587924.gif

This can't go on like this. Fucking hackers man......

newgirl-stop.gif

I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO OUR ISSUE. Game of thrones has been leaked and the night will be full of assholes posting spoilers on youtube. Well it seems the lord of light is kind. And sent us the solution.

Click the gif, choose the appropriate terms to block, specific character names, the words death, die, spoilers, etc. block avatars as even gaffers can't be trusted, hell even reactions, maybe even GoT in general.
<----fourth wall break. Click.

tumblr_n4q2deLuam1qd5lk3o1_250.gif

We got past the last couple seasons without being spoiled, we can make it through this one too.

I am eternally disappointed in Jaime.

I wanted him to start having a redemption arc years ago but at this point it feels like it'll only be when Cersei cockblocks him that he leaves her. By that point it'll be "Who the fuck cares?"...

Skipped through the leaked episode: quality is pretty shite but it'll look great on TV in a few days. r/freefolk doesn't have anything legit from Season 8 that I saw, although the other week someone did mention that Season 8's episodes might be 90mins long each and that the scripts for 5 of them were done but I think we knew it might be super long episodes so hardly surprising.

Also does anyone know at what resolution they film GoT? I know HBO are releasing a UHD of Westworld and I swear to god some of the shots this season look like they were filmed at a higher resolution than the 1080p broadcast. Curious if we'd get a UHD boxset of the series, CGI be damned.

Biggest show in TV right now.

That, and HBO make so much bank from the show that going insanely overboard with cybersecurity or whatever to try and limit the leaks isn't really worth it. Like the opening episode of Season 7 may have been pirated 91 milliion times but it's not like the show lost out on 91 million viewers.

Vashetti

Banned
I am eternally disappointed in Jaime.

I wanted him to start having a redemption arc years ago but at this point it feels like it'll only be when Cersei cockblocks him that he leaves her. By that point it'll be "Who the fuck cares?"...

Skipped through the leaked episode: quality is pretty shite but it'll look great on TV in a few days. r/freefolk doesn't have anything legit from Season 8 that I saw, although the other week someone did mention that Season 8's episodes might be 90mins long each and that the scripts for 5 of them were done but I think we knew it might be super long episodes so hardly surprising.

Also does anyone know at what resolution they film GoT? I know HBO are releasing a UHD of Westworld and I swear to god some of the shots this season look like they were filmed at a higher resolution than the 1080p broadcast. Curious if we'd get a UHD boxset of the series, CGI be damned.

GoT is filmed with Arri Alexa cameras but mastered at 2K, same as Westworld. So any UHD release would be an upscale. Of course you'd get the benefits of HDR, 10-bit colour and higher bitrates.

GoT is filmed with Arri Alexa cameras but mastered at 2K, same as Westworld. So any UHD release would be an upscale.

Ah, cool.

Interesting to know. It'd still be nice, but not warranted. Although I feel like how I want a Folio Society edition of ASOIAF when its all done, an HBO UHD Boxset would probably cost an arm and a leg....

ty

-Avoid Twitter
-Avoid Reddit
-Avoid YouTube comments

This is just good advice for life in general regardless of Game of Thrones spoilers.

ah shitty low quality garbage leak.

not even worth watching..

thankfully it's the weekend so i can just drug myself into submission until sunday.

#drugs

I'm pretty good at just avoiding the talky parts of the Internet when I want to, no friends lol and I'm not one who just browses things randomly like Reddit or Twitter etc when I'm bored so I should be fine.

See you guys on Monday (NZ time for me. :p)

May the Lord of Light protect you all.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Be careful what you say if you watched the leaked episode... even vague stuff can get posts deleted and people banned. Better not to post anything if you did watch it.

When people are saying "shit quality", what does that mean?

I ask because this is GAF. If a game is 720P or 30 FPS it's "shit quality".

Is this like cam quality where it's dark and blurry?

Vashetti

Banned
Guys this thread is going to be a graveyard if you carry on.

Note: Any leak discussion is prohibited in the thread and bannable. This includes linking to sources, vague hints, posting spoilers outright, etc... Find somewhere else on the internet to have this conversation if it appeals to you.

How hard is it?

Yeah please try not to talk about the leaked episode. If you must just keep it incredibly vague.
I'd say don't even vaguely talk about it just to be safe. Had a friend try and be vague about the story on a certain game. He said something seemingly benign, however I was able to pretty much determine what characters were going to die and how it ended based on what he said lol. Sometimes being vague just isn't good enough.

I think the OP is pretty clear about leaks and spoilers. Mentioning that you saw the episode and giving your vague impressions is nothing more than a tease and doesn't really add to the discussion. Especially when there is a leak, I consider this thread the only safe place on the internet I can go for GoT discussion.

Apologies everyone if I broke rules. Wasn't aware that a question regarding image quality was against the rules.

I'll send a PM next time. :(

zsynqx

I'd say don't even vaguely talk about it just to be safe. Had a friend try and be vague about the story on a certain game. He said something seemingly benign, however I was able to pretty much determine what characters were going to die and how it ended based on what he said lol. Sometimes being vague just isn't good enough.
Yeah, you are right.

Kind of annoying there might be season 8 spoilers out already(?). Hopefully those are fake/just guesses, though I did see they said season 8's scripts were completed about a week ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom