• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
To me the question isn't how does Jaime not drown? To me the question is how does he escape without being taken hostage?

He's surrounded by men and a dragon. How does he get away?

IKizzLE

It's dropping a nuclear bomb.
It's like invading a country and you have fighter jets and the enemy only has tanks.
And this was 1 of 3 dragons. I hope each dragon has a different ability like one shoots fireballs instead of a stream of fire, go full fantasy with it.

Best. Episode. Ever.

I don't understand Dany's point about the North following Jon if he says this is the way.

That's very hard to believe. The Wildlings? Sure. The Mormonts? Probably.

The other Houses and the Vale would be furious though, surely?

How are Bron and Jamie going to flee a field swarming with Dokrathi and a REALLY pissed off Dragon who looked both Bron and Jamie right in the face?

They need to start the next episode as prisoners.

They can't just pull themselves out of the water and slip away unseen.

Really felt for Tyrion as well. He was watching his former allies, friends, and family get absolutely wrecked by fire and dothraki. I wonder how he'll act going forward.

Aikidoka

The scorpion was actually pretty impressive in battle. And now that they know it works, they'll be on every castle wall and in every army for as long as Dany has dragons.

It should be pretty easy to counter them though. Just like destroy them all in the middle of the night and they won't be able to see shit.

Mathieran

Banned
To me the question isn't how does Jaime not drown? To me the question is how does he escape without being taken hostage?

He's surrounded by men and a dragon. How does he get away?

I suspect Tyrion will get him saved and they will hold him hostage. Along with whoever saved him (Bronn?)

Preview:
Jon interacts with Drogon, so Targaryen reveal will be next week?

Hell yeah thatd be great. First thing I thought of too when I saw it.

Jons gonna piss Dany off, she gets enraged and orders Drogon to roast him. Next thing you now, theres a hot naked northerner just standing and brooding his face off.

Loxley

The scorpion was actually pretty impressive in battle. And now that they know it works, they'll be on every castle wall and in every army for as long as Dany has dragons.

And that door swings both ways, now Dany knows that Cersei and her allies have a means to kill the dragons, so she'll (hopefully) be more careful about using them.

There's no way she attacks Kings Landing now without some plan to infiltrate the city and sabotage the scorpians first.

btrboyev

Jaime is in full combat gear with a metal hand. Dude should weight three to found hundred pounds minimum and is way far down in the water. He absolutely should be dead.

You think armour weighs 100+ lbs?

He's gonna get pulled out of the water by the dragon.

VeeP

Lmao I really want to see Jorahs pained face no matter what happens.

I legit thought Dany would propose marriage or something in order to unite the north and the south when they were in the doodle cave.

"The north wont accept a southern ruler"
"But they will if their king does. Marry me Jon Snow"

etc

Only time Jon gonna bend that knee is when he ask Dany to marry him. THATS IT.

And Dany, please stfu about "Jon swallow your pride."

Every single he's made, his people pretty much hated. Your god damn grandfather burned his family, the current queen killed his whole family. The north is tired of outsiders.

erawsd

go away. If you hate this show you don't have to watch it.

I don't hate the show. I did not enjoy the first half of episode and I made a joke a about it... Am I not allowed to express that here? I see that book discussion is restricted, but I guess I missed the part where it says I have to love everything or "go away". My apologies.

How will lannisters know it worked when everyone died on their side (or captured in Jaime's case)

gun_haver

Just demonstrated? Lol, wow. This reminds me of the CW shipper controversy. It's these weird motivated delusions.

I don't know what a CW shipper is, but I'm talking about how she just torched the whole army.

Some people are watching it just thinking, well they're soldiers so it's okay to kill them in any way you please if they are your enemy. So it's acceptable for Dany to fly over them, completely out of reach, and kill about 300 of them every few seconds. It's a war atrocity, she doesn't get a pass because the Lannisters didn't immediately vacate the throne the second she said she wanted it.

Drop the hints about 'motivated', because my motivation for saying this stuff is that she's presented as a hero, but her actions and motivations aren't heroic, they're the same as anyone else - she wants power.

How the hell do you win against 3 dragons and more than 10k of army?

Queen Dany is OP

Indeed. And I think the Dothraki number much more than that.

The only guy I thought that could come up with something was Qyburn. But a glorified balista? Nope. That's not gonna cut it.

She kind of did no? She basically said they would follow their king, meaning he would be a real king if she and him married.

Thats what I thought of at first but she meant that if the Northern king bends his knee and accepts Dany as the queen then his people will as well because they follow him.

Weirdly enough, people don't seem to care when the men led armies are stabbing each other to death. But no, I doubt it's because Dany is a chick. I'm pretty sure people would be equally upset if Rob or Stannis used dragons while fighting in the field.

In all seriousness, what the fuck is she supposed to do with her weapons against soldiers?

Ask them nicely to put down their weapons while doing a curtsy.

Volimar

She was smart to only bring Drogon. He's much bigger than the other two but now for all her enemy knows they're all three that size.

REV 09

the plot armor on jamie and bronn was fucking ridiculous
This. Both of them surviving felt cheap to me. Especially Jaime's charge. He should have fled; if the directors want the suspense of him charging then don't fucking pull the punch at the end with a cheap out.

This episode had too much plot "convenience" for me.

Only time Jon gonna bend that knee is when he ask Dany to marry him. THATS IT.

And Dany, please stfu about "Jon swallow your pride."

Every single he's made, his people pretty much hated. Your god damn grandfather burned his family, the current queen killed his whole family. The north is tired of outsiders.

I think Jon now understands Mance's point of view when he made the same point about bending the knee to Stannis.

It wasn't Mance's pride that kept him being King Beyond the Wall.

And now it's the same for Jon as KITN, they were chosen by their people to save them.

Bending the knee is betrayal, 100%. Unity is paramount right now and bending the knee will bring division.

The irony though, I love Dany but isn't it her pride that's hindering their survival? Her quest for all of the kingdoms?

Pretty easily, Tyrion saw the whole thing happen.Jaime gets captured and his men get a choice of serving Dany.

Or Dickon/Bronn fish him out, pretty easy way out.

Or they think about trading Jaime for Yara and Ellaria.

Jaime gets back to KL, and Cersei gives him the cold shoulder cause he lost, and eventually, Jaime will kill her at the end.

I mean cersei fucking blew up a church and burned everyone alive. I don't really think Dany burning enemy soldiers on the field who are fighting against her is somehow reprehensible. She has shown a lot of restraint not burning cities to the ground

This. She only used them on the damned battlefield.

Fuck that shit! Jaime should have killed Dany (and then get roasted).

What? How the hell would that make sense to happen when Drogon was still able to move and defend her, as he did?

sam12

I don't understand this. Telling somebody you know their awful secrets is never a good idea. Specially in GoT. That's what killed Ned Stark. Why would the guy who knows everything be so unwise?

I think Bran is past the point of caring. He has become something else now. Look at his scenes with Sansa or Meera, he has become completely unattached to anything, showing zero emotion. I don't know if he even meant to shake Little finger up but it certainly had that effect.

Boke1879

This straight up shows the contrast between Cersei and Dany.

Dany is right there on the front lines even risking her own life. With and for her people.

Cersei would never. Fuck her.

Big Blue

I don't know what a CW shipper is, but I'm talking about how she just torched the whole army.

Some people are watching it just thinking, well they're soldiers so it's okay to kill them in any way you please if they are your enemy. So it's acceptable for Dany to fly over them, completely out of reach, and kill about 300 of them every few seconds. It's a war atrocity, she doesn't get a pass because the Lannisters didn't immediately vacate the throne the second she said she wanted it.

Drop the hints about 'motivated', because my motivation for saying this stuff is that she's presented as a hero, but her actions and motivations aren't heroic, they're the same as anyone else - she wants power.

Yes, it's acceptable, because it is war. Why is this so hard to understand??? She didn't kill any citizens.

beta_fuse

Anyone else get bad foreshadowing vibes from Sansa when she says that Jon's heart will damn near stop when he's reunited with Arya? I feel like this may have to be taken literally especially now with Littlefinger seemingly planning some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom