• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cake was made from Walder's sons. The Tullys are Arya's relations on her mother's side.

Yea, but he became his son-in-law after he married his daughter in Rob's place.

Actually, didn't Walder and Jamie send him to retake that one castle from the Blackfish?

Didn't they give him that castle?

Jombie

Disappointing episode, will consider not staying up anymore and just watching the rest of the season the morning after. The beginning was good but I lost interest during the 20 minute poop montage and the hound scene.

I already fear that the season is going to end with a shot of Daenerys going into battle, and all the 7 episodes are going to build into that moment. I'm tired her closing every episode and every season, implying that she is going to do something. There should have been a battle at the castle since the Lannisters leaving it unprotected and ready to be taken sounds like a stupid plot hole.

It should have cut to Dany after the credits. I thought we were done with all this build up shit.

FiggyCal

Banned
The guys that Arya was hanging with in the woods. Were they Lannisters? Tge gad tge red armor and cape, but I don't think they said specifically. And I don't think Arya would've been okay with it.

BTM

Only thing I'm really not feeling is the whole Sansa vs Jon storyline. We wait all these years to get some Starks back together and the first thing they do is start fighting.

Seemed natural to me. Fighting/disagreeing is kind of what siblings do. Also, Jon/Sansa weren't really close before all of this.

Volimar

Disappointing episode, will consider not staying up anymore and just watching the rest of the season the morning after. The beginning was good but I lost interest during the 20 minute poop montage and the hound scene.

I already fear that the season is going to end with a shot of Daenerys going into battle, and all the 7 episodes are going to build into that moment. I'm tired her closing every episode and every season, implying that she is going to do something. There should have been a battle at the castle since the Lannisters leaving it unprotected and ready to be taken sounds like a stupid plot hole.

It's possible they had people there but not enough to hold it and so they abandoned it when they surmised that that's where Dany was heading. But if that's the case it would seem strange that the Stannis banner was still hanging.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The guys that Arya was hanging with in the woods. Were they Lannisters? Tge gad tge red armor and cape, but I don't think they said specifically. And I don't think Arya would've been okay with it.

Yeah, aside from the Lannister armor, they talked about being in King's Landing and whatnot. She was gonna murder them until she saw they were a bunch good duders.

Only thing I'm really not feeling is the whole Sansa vs Jon storyline. We wait all these years to get some Starks back together and the first thing they do is start fighting.

They never even spoke until last season though, considering how bratty Sansa acted in the first season and how much Cat disliked Jon, I bet they never got along in the first place.

Seemed natural to me. Fighting/disagreeing is kind of what siblings do. Also, Jon/Sansa weren't really close before all of this.

Sure but is it actually something people want to watch?

The general reaction seemed to be after they teased Jon v Sansa last season the majority of watchers weren't feeling it.

I guess it kinda makes sense from a narrative point of view but it's gonna suck having to drag this plot line along

Belfast

Ed's a pretty big fan of the show/books, too, isn't he? No shame in a little cameo. Apparently that's where all the nice people in Westeros hang out.

Yeah, aside from the Lannister armor, they talked about being in King's Landing and whatnot. She was gonna murder them until she saw they were a bunch good duders.

She probably still will kill them.

All she needs is one guy's face and she'll murder them all - and use whoever is leading them's face to get into King's Landing.

So after Stannis left Dragonstone, the Lannisters never took it over? Seems like a huge misstep to let such a massive fortress be unguarded.

The lannisters actually don't have the resources. Tywin mentions a few seasons ago that there actually going broke. The gold mines have dried up, they and the crown owe 11 million to the iron bank. They are just pretending to be rich.

The lannisters actually don't have the resources. Tywin mentions a few seasons ago that there actually going broke. The gold mines have dried up, they and the crown owe 11 million to the iron bank. They are just pretending to be rich.

They're probably also stretched thin man power wise as well.

Ramirez

The Lannister's are practically alone at this point, no way they have enough forces to defend an empty keep, trying to hold the River Lands, Casterly Rock, and King's Landing, lol.

Fanuilos

Fair point. I mean, season 7 might be a bit late to suddenly, not to mention briefly, go for that angle. Furthermore, it's a fact that should go without saying, so you could argue that it's a bit insulting to the audience's intelligence. So I'm still going to go with "gratuitious celebrity cameo," but at least I see the intent now.

Overall, this was a very solid "here's where everyone is now" episode.
It may be a bit late, but Arya hasn't had much interaction with anyone in Westeros for a while now. I think it's building Arya to a point where she's in a position to kill someone, like maybe Jaime or Tyrion, and the situation won't be as clear cut as it was with the Freys. I also don't have a clue who this Ed guy is so my perspective is a bit different in that way.

She probably still will kill them.

All she needs is one guy's face and she'll murder them all - and use whoever is leading them's face to get into King's Landing.

Oh shit...Ed Sheeran is going to ride into King's Landing, urgently report to the queen, and then peel off his face to reveal Arya Stark, isn't he?

Ed Sheeran murders Cersei confirmed.

FiggyCal

Banned
Oh shit...Ed Sheeran is going to ride into King's Landing, urgently report to the queen, and then peel off his face to reveal Arya Stark, isn't he?

Ed Sheeran murders Cersei confirmed.

Imagine if he's just actually a recurring character. I'd honestly stop watching now.

Does Arya know that Little Finger betrayed Ned?

Oh man I don't remember anymore. If not, imagine the moment when she finds out.

"...with two hands."
R6Fyx9D.gif

rhino4evr

Jon was also killed for doing the right thing once. He's playing a game higher than that petty bullshit, Sansa is just acting a fool for not caring.

I agree, but Sansa does have a point. It's a convincing dilemma. Do you focus your energy on the greater long term threat or the immediate threat.

BTM

Was anyone else expecting Melisandre to be waiting for Dany at Dragonstone? I bet she shows up there eventually.

Lol yea I was thinking the same thing when they were walking around Dragonstone. Was waiting for Meli to just pop out of the shadows

someday

Banned
Agreed. Between all the Stark children, Sansa and Jon are the easily the most un-alike and have completely different outlooks and experiences. In this situation i absolutely agree with Sansa. Jon is a warrior but he's as stupid (and noble) as every other Stark man that's been killed in this series. They all died putting their trust in the wrong people, and each one had someone pointing out their mistakes but they didn't listen. Jon's no different.

Can someone help me out with a quick summary of what all Jorah did last season? I was confused seeing him in Oldtown.

I might be missing something, but basically, he helped free Dany from Vaes Dothrak but then said he had to leave. I'm guessing he traveled to Oldtown in hopes of a cure and they locked him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom