• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Which Lady Stark?"

"You're the one impersonating her sister. You tell us."

This makes no sense.

Arya knows there is only one person it could be.

It makes perfect sense.

How is she supposed to know that it's Sansa? She doesn't even know where Sansa is or if she's even alive.

All she knows is that Jon is King of the North, by word from Hot Pie, a baker.

She doesn't know anything about Bran, doesn't know that Rickon is dead.

Any one of them could have Married, Bran and Jon might have wives who could be Lady Stark. Not to mention, as far as Arya knows, Jon should be at The Wall, maybe this king of the north is an impostor.

Arya isn't dumb.

Nerokis

"Which Lady Stark?"

"You're the one impersonating her sister. You tell us."

This makes no sense.

Arya knows there is only one person it could be.

...and directly after that last line of dialogue, Arya says, "Tell Sansa her sister's home."

Seriously, where is this bizarre reaction to that scene coming from? It didn't telegraph anything except that Arya briefly hesitated to assume that her sister was currently in charge of Winterfell.

molnizzle

No, the episode "No One" from season 6 did. It made the entire Braavos storyline confusing and pointless. Nothing Jaqen H'gar said to Arya meant anything.

Braavos storyline and that last Meereen conquest should've been chopped, the show would flow a lot better. There's essentially an extra season of nonsense that doesn't need to be there.

Speevy

Banned
"Her father's dead. Her mother's dead. Her brother's dead. Her Aunt in the Eyrie's dead. Winterfell is a pile of rubble."
-The Hound

If the Hound is recounting this, then Arya is aware of it. If the Hound knows this, he knows the same story everyone has heard, which is that Bran and Rickon were hanged and burned.

If he's saying this around Arya, she knows it.

molnizzle

"Her father's dead. Her mother's dead. Her brother's dead. Her Aunt in the Eyrie's dead. Winterfell is a pile of rubble."
-The Hound

If the Hound is recounting this, then Arya is aware of it. If the Hound knows this, he knows the same story everyone has heard, which is that Bran and Rickon were hanged and burned.

If he's saying this around Arya, she knows it.

Why do you even watch this show? All you do is try to find stupid reasons to poke holes in it. It's seriously exhausting.

Read:

...and directly after that last line of dialogue, Arya says, "Tell Sansa her sister's home."

Seriously, where is this bizarre reaction to that scene coming from? It didn't telegraph anything except that Arya briefly hesitated to assume that her sister was currently in charge of Winterfell.

Nah dude if Tyrion rolled up on him again, the old bromance would rekindle.
What Tyrion and Bronn went through pales in comparison to what both Jamie and Bronn has been gone through. Bronn seems to be more faithful to Jamie and considers him as a friend, while I think he considers Tyrion as a friendly acquaintance.

Plus, Bronn turned down Tyrion's request in dueling Gregor during his trial. His direct quote was ""I like you... I just like myself more". That was the moment when bromance ended.

Nerokis

Also, the first thing Arya says to Sansa upon reuniting with her is, "Do I have to call you 'Lady Stark' now?"

Between it being counterintuitive for Arya to see her sister that way, the fact that she hasn't seen her at all in such a long time, and the amount of change and chaos that's surrounded Winterfell over the better part of a decade, it makes an incredible amount of sense for Arya to initially question whether "Lady Stark" referred to Sansa.

On the flip side, I find some of the reaction to that scene very confusing. :p

Addi

I didn't really know what to make of Littlefinger giving the dagger to Bran, but now I get it. He keeps on talking about Catelyn, that he would have given his life for her and that he is here to protect her children. Her children means "no Jon Snow". He calls Bran Lord Stark. He was trying to start a manipulation that would end up with Bran stabbing Jon with the dagger. Then he got a ladder to his face.

I didn't really know what to make of Littlefinger giving the dagger to Bran, but now I get it. He keeps on talking about Catelyn, that he would have given his life for her and that he is here to protect her children. Her children means "no Jon Snow". He calls Bran Lord Stark. He was trying to start a manipulation that would end up with Bran stabbing Jon with the dagger. Then he got a ladder to his face.

Yeah, like with mummy's boy he was licking his lips at the thought of grooming another youngster.

Speevy

Banned
Why do you even watch this show? All you do is try to find stupid reasons to poke holes in it. It's seriously exhausting.

Read:

I watch the show because I enjoy it and I don't think that line justifies what Arya says.

I really don't care how exhausted you are by my posts.

Zolo

Only one more character to get off the boat! (image from s5 I think?)

17Ezbc8.jpg

Ashhong

I don't get it..

Littlefinger hasn't got long left, i think.

His story is really just petering out in a lame manner.

After the chaos is a ladder conversation between LF and Varys it seems it was only ever Varys who had a real plan.

Speely

Banned
I think it's real Arya, but not because of Bran at all. Bran could have any number of reasons for giving the dagger to the waif. His former attachment to Arya wouldn't affect that. He could conceivably give it to her for any number of reasons. He can see outcomes no one else can, so it's hard for us to "logic" out his reasoning, and he has no more emotional attachments that would affect his decisions.

I just don't think it's the waif because A) she was too-immediately adept at interacting with Sansa in very familiar ways, and B) Sansa knew where to find her even though the method was through Sansa's intimate knowledge of the old Arya's past and personality, not to mention that the waif would not know to go stand in front of Ned's tomb and wait for Sansa.

Also, the waif would not be acting in ways so contrary to the girl Arya was when she met her. She would act more like younger Arya so as to not confound her family. She is acting like current Arya, and if she were as cunning as some are giving her credit for, she wouldn't do that. That would make her a horrible Faceless Man.

Plus Walder Frey stuff.

Fun theory, but it would absolutely suck for logical reasons and be 100% unbelievable for the above reasons.

All that said, something I noticed re-watching. Bran's dead-eyed zombie demeanor has a purpose beyond merely conveying his nigh omniscience: it lets us know when he is doing things that really matter by showing any questioning or emotion at all.

There is only one point in the episode where he shows any sign of being moved or otherwise affected by a decision he is making: when he hands the dagger to Arya. That interaction elicited a tiny flicker of a reaction. I would not have noticed it were he not a zombie at all other times.

They're gonna need to deal with cersei first. I want the next season to just be the wight walkers rolling through.

Just as we think the credits for the season finale are gonna roll after Dany takes the throne a 10 - minute sequence of the white walkers destroying the Night's Watch and wall will be shown.

does anyone besides me think that Dany was trying not to attack Jaime? Maybe on Tyrion's request?

Drogon, first of all, his roars are very satisfying, second of all I remember 2 instances where Drogon flies down by Jaime but doesn't ignite him. The first is when Jaime gets the arches to knock, draw, and loose, Drogon flies right down that way it looks like all the arrows bounced off his scaly ass chest tbh and Drogon didn't light them on fire.

Another instance later on Jaime goes "take cover!" to his men and they're all lit up before his eyes; but he wasn't. It looked like careful aiming on Drogon's part it didn't look like he got lucky. You can't get lucky twice like that, come on.

And then in the end anyways Jaime tries to kill Dany coz he's a fuckboy and if I'm right about this theory, Dany's gonna be so pissed off at Tyrion

Speely

Banned
does anyone besides me think that Dany was trying not to attack Jaime? Maybe on Tyrion's request?

Drogon, first of all, his roars are very satisfying, second of all I remember 2 instances where Drogon flies down by Jaime but doesn't ignite him. The first is when Jaime gets the arches to knock, draw, and loose, Drogon flies right down that way it looks like all the arrows bounced off his scaly ass chest tbh and Drogon didn't light them on fire.

Another instance later on Jaime goes "take cover!" to his men and they're all lit up before his eyes; but he wasn't. It looked like careful aiming on Drogon's part it didn't look like he got lucky. You can't get lucky twice like that, come on.

And then in the end anyways Jaime tries to kill Dany coz he's a fuckboy and if I'm right about this theory, Dany's gonna be so pissed off at Tyrion

I can see how this makes sense, but only in restrospect because I assumed mere plot armor before the very end. The final look she gives Jaime before Drogon goes volcanic is one of concern, and it doesn't look like it's for herself.

Speevy

Banned
I was just thinking about the results of the fight if Jaime had put that spear through Dany.

The dragon would have barbecued him for killing its mother, and we would have lost Jaime Lannister and Danerys Targaryen.

However, the war would have been won for Cersei and she would have just moved on.

After 3 seasons of staying out of danger and getting Bronn to handle everything, Jaime Lannister actually put his life on the line. For however brief that scene was, it was positive growth for his character.

Hyun Sai

Does Dany and Drogon got any idea what Jaime looks like at that height ?

unfortunately I heard about the leaked Littlefinger/sansa girls plot on youtube.

Well, it would be a good idea to avoid internet until the end of the season, but good luck. Some morons often put spoilers / leaks in some place with no relation whatsoever with the show, even in some fucking public chat of video games.

They've both done all right so far, LF's way was a bit more chaotic which is his thing.

Ya he's the ruler of the Vale pretty much, that's a big step up from where he started.

Was his ultimate goal not the Iron throne?

Since getting Sansa he would literally have been better off doing nothing. Instead he uncharacteristically married her off to someone he knew nothing about. Marrying off sansa also weakened his position. Then he got involved in a war he needn't not have due to marrying off sansa.

The guys on borrowed time now. The dagger seems to be a chekov's gun which will do him in.

Why would you post this at all? There is/was a thread discussing leaks before the season was released, even if you're not telling the truth and this isn't a leak this is still a shitty thing to post.

Edit - If it's just about this episode you gotta be more specific if you meant you got leaked for something officially released now, otherwise it implies a future plot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom