• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that's what that was. Sansa says Bran is home, then Arya smiles before realising what that meant. I thought Sansa's serious expression only meant "but Bran is weird now", but implying Rickon is gone makes more sense.
She is probably thinking "Shit...the creepy brother lived."

m23

Art is from maxwellthebeech

bP-1C-14fg0.jpg

Perfect, thank you.

Crispy75

Do we have any idea what happened to Dany's ancestor who had three dragons - I forget who it was? Anyway, he had three dragons just like she did, but what is the betting that the Night King is going to find one of the dragon corpses and revive it as an undead dragon?

The skeletons/skulls of the old Targaryen dragons are in the dungeon under the Red Keep. Qyburn ruined one with the ballista test.

Remember last week when that youtuber who's never watched GoT reviewed episode 3? Well he's done one for episode 4 now too.

https://youtu.be/03xHNhLgd1Y

The Cast:

Lagolas Queen
Bastard King
Handsome Guy in Armour
Greasy Mullet Guy
Short Hair Queen
Weird Raven Kid (AKA Harry Potter)
Rat Assistant
Red Hair Queen
Pelt Girl
Young Sad Girl
Super Tall Woman
Bi-Racial Emma Watson
Bodyguard Friend

Lol, nice cast list. Is he saying that Missandei looks like Emma Watson though?!

The skeletons/skulls of the old Targaryen dragons are in the dungeon under the Red Keep. Qyburn ruined one with the ballista test.

Ah, right you are! Never mind then.

OMFG, lol! This is so true.

Sansa reunion with Arya:
Sansa: Bran is also home.
Arya: *smiles*
Sansa: *thinking to herself* Am I forgetting something? Did someone die? Probably nothing important.

They share a forlorn look that says a lot without speaking. Perhaps Sansa told her off screen (before they went to meet Bran), but I think Arya realises what's up.

aBarreras

How did arya figures it out? There was literally nothing in the scene alluding to this. We know Bran was hurried in the crypts, if the show wanted to acknowledge him they could have shown his grave. He was not acknowledged.

watch the episode again then, because you arent paying enough attention

It's Wednesday and the gold being in King's Landing is still being explained...

Watched the episode again last night. So good. Really feels like this season is flying by though.

watch the episode again then, because you arent paying enough attention

I've rewatched the scene, the silence on sansas part conveys nothing about Rickon. Rather Bran's home but he's not really himself anymore. Then we get concerned arya face and cut to a new scene. If you have to jump through loops to contrive the true meaning from this scene, it's bad writing.

As I've said, we know Rickon's remains are in the crypts. If the show wanted to acknowledge him they could have.

Reply with some substance next time, or don't waste our time.

Rickon's grave is right next to Eddard's as per Jon's request. So Arya probably knows.

Sansa saying Bran is home (alone btw) should tell her Rickon's gone.

Again, why would Arya probably know? The show does nothing to tell us she does. Rickon's grave is with Ned's. If the show wanted to acknowledge it, they would have panned the camera slightly to show it.

Lol piss off with that shit.

I've rewatched the scene, the silence on sansas part conveys nothing about Rickon. Rather Bran's home but he's not really himself anymore. Then we get concerned arya face and cut to a new scene. If you have to jump through loops to contrive the true meaning from this scene, it's bad writing.

As I've said, we know Rickon's remains are in the crypts. If the show wanted to acknowledge him they could have.

Reply with some substance next time, or don't waste our time.

Calm down dude.

Again, why would Arya probably know? The show does nothing to tell us she does. Rickon's grave is with Ned's. If the show wanted to acknowledge it, they would have panned the camera slightly to show it.

Dunno mate, it's just guess work.

Things happen off screen, Jon discussing his death with Sansa happened off screen at Castle Black, the conversation we see starts with them talking about how they should have never left Winterfell. So we're left to assume that she knows what happened.

I assume it's the same here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunno mate, it's just guess work.

Things happen off screen, Jon discussing his death with Sansa happened off screen at Castle Black, the conversation we see starts with them talking about how they should have never left Winterfell. So we're left to assume that she knows what happened.

I assume it's the same here.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah it's natural to assume the conversation would happen off screen. As with the Sansa Jon scene.

But there really isn't anything in the scene itself acknowledging Rickon at all, as the poster I quoted argued.

Yeah it's natural to assume the conversation would happen off screen. As with the Sansa Jon scene.

But there really isn't anything in the scene itself acknowledging Rickon at all, as the poster I quoted argued.

Ah, I agree with you on that.
When I first watched the scene I thought Arya was reacting to Sansa's pause after telling her Bran is back, meant that there was something "wrong" with him.

Which I think is the direction they went with.

As much as some people want an on-screen reaction to Rickon's death, I think he's simply forgotten. Everything else(including my thoughts on Arya knowing) is headcanon.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What if the Night King revives dead direwolves? I would be sad but hyped at the same time.

Man this is metal as fuck

So the children make a weapon that they can't even defeat with their own magic and weapons? Wouldn't you have a failsafe for a weapon of this nature?

The cave scene was so silly. There just happens to be a small cave right next to the dragonglass trove with drawings of the very thing that Jon has been trying to convince Dany is going to happen. I was watching that while high and thought that Jon had just quickly drawn them in a desperate attempt to get the help he needs lmao
Well, it was a cave full of dragon glass and dragon glass is the children's ultimate weapon, so it makes sense for there to be some primitive artwork there
Maybe. I do think Tyrion's story is a bit far gone now though so it may be an unfair comparison. I love Tyrion but his schtick hasn't really changed and he's basically fucking useless at the moment.

Davos though, I love him and his interaction with everyone and would love more of him but I'm not sure if I would end up getting too much of him and not exactly disliking him but being a little less 'fuck yeah, Davos' when he's on screen. He's clearly well liked by the Show Runners though because he's pretty much always had a role.
I bring up Tyrion because Davos is the closest thing to Jon's Hand, yet we get may more dialogue and overall exposure from Tyrion than we do from Davos. Tyrion talked to both Jon & Dany after their first meet; Davos seems to be an extrovert talking to Missandei so it'd be nice to at least see him talking to Jon more, with amount of Tyrion/Dany scenes we got.

dLMN8R

Oh man, I know we're all excited and hopeful for a Jon and Arya reunion, and even Sansa pointed it out last episode.

But one super-obvious thing that for some reason didn't occur to me until just now?

I want to see Jon and Arya fighting side-by-side. Maybe with Brienne too?

God damn I hope that happens.

effzee

So I never realized this was a running plot point but back to the conversation a few pages back about who sent the assassin all the way back in season 1 to kill the injured Bran. I was watching "Talk the Thrones" " https://www.pscp.tv/ringer/1ypKdljQjddKW?t=32

And they hint that there is something to this. I always assumed it was the Lannisters to keep Bran quiet about the incest between Jamie and Cersei. Then after finding out how Littlefinger was behind the Arryn death, I assumed it was Littlefinger. Now....not sure. Hope this is revealed.

EDIT - they also muddy up the origin of the WW. I thought it was simply that before the pact between the First Men and the Children, there was a constant war between them and the Children (Leaf) created the WW to fight men. Then they lost control and the Men and Children banded together to banish the Night King and the White Walkers behind the Wall.

Isn't that the official history?

So the children make a weapon that they can't even defeat with their own magic and weapons? Wouldn't you have a failsafe for a weapon of this nature?

Wasn't it an experiment that went awry?
Don't think they had a failsafe, they wanted to drive the First Men out and out of desperation came the Night King.

If they did I'm convinced we wouldn't see the White Walkers appear in this series.
Instead we have a giant wall and a certain type of metal that could kill them.

Not sure they know how to kill the Night King though. Don't think he's as simple as getting hit by dragonglass/Valyrian steel.

Addi

What if Arya getting the dagger and her sparring with Brienne means she'll have to fight the Hound in wight form? Until now the army of the dead have been a bunch of unknown zombies, but things will get interesting when they will have to fight dead relatives. Headless Ned Stark, headless Oberyn, Rickon, faceless Ramsey etc. They surely haven't burn the bodies in Westeros.

I see absolutely zero reason as to why he wouldn't be a wight.

I'd be annoyed if he wasn't.

Tears would flood the streets. I'm certain there will be a zombie hodor though. Hopefully seeing him brings humanity back to Bran.

How is some orcs running away and getting slaughtered by horses better than battle of the bastards, that is not even a battle, and that is not even the best in the triology.

That's just my favourite moment from the battle. Imho the battle of pellenor fields on the whole and helms deep are far ahead of anything on thrones. No disrespect to thrones, they're just fantastic. My stand out battle from thrones is still when the wildlings attack the wall. The panning shots from castle black, to the top of the wall and down to the wildlings
were brilliant.

Ridesh

Banned
Sapochnik nailed the fuck out of Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter.

I would love to see him back next season.

Everyone is talking about the fight scenes, but the baby -> Jon transition in The Winds of Winter with dat music and everything, legendary TV moment.

Ferrio

Banned
What if Arya getting the dagger and her sparring with Brienne means she'll have to fight the Hound in wight form? Until now the army of the dead have been a bunch of unknown zombies, but things will get interesting when they will have to fight dead relatives. Headless Ned Stark, headless Oberyn, Rickon, faceless Ramsey etc. They surely haven't burn the bodies in Westeros.

Wights can be killed by conventional weapons can't they? No need for Valyrian/Dragonglass.

Wights can be killed by conventional weapons can't they? No need for Valyrian/Dragonglass.

They can be killed and raised again, but killing them with Valyrian Steel/Dragonglass or fire will put the wights out.

When Jon stabbed the wight in season one it was momentarily ''dead'', Jon had to throw a lamp and kill it with fire.

Knowing this, all of the wights that were killed with conventional weapons in Hardhome must have been risen again.

Everyone is talking about the fight scenes, but the baby -> Jon transition in The Winds of Winter with dat music and everything, legendary TV moment.

Yup. Still gives me chills. I love watching the reaction videos to that scene too. Ugh. What an amazing "show dont tell" moment.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yup. Still gives me chills. I love watching the reaction videos to that scene too. Ugh. What an amazing "show dont tell" moment.

meh. it was an ok scene. everyone knew about that theory and it was pretty anti-climatic for me. whats worse is that they didnt even confirm his father's identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom