• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Just wanted to drop in out of nowhere and say this scene is Emilia's best performance on the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M952wOC8Huo

She looks devastated.

Bouncing off Iain Glenn gets the best work out of her. Hope Jorah returns to her soon.

That is a good one.

In terms of one on one conversations, I think Tyrion and Oberyn might be my favorite. The way Tyrion tears up at both Cersei's horribleness and the "that's not a monster...that's just a baby." line gets me every time.

That is a good one.

In terms of one on one conversations, I think Tyrion and Oberyn might be my favorite. The way Tyrion tears up at both Cersei's horribleness and the "that's not a monster...that's just a baby." line gets me every time.
I quoted the exact line to my brother when discussing this scene. Love it, these character moments are always my favourite parts of thrones. It's why I loved the conversation with Jaimie and Ollena. The build up, with the music, to Oberyn telling Tyrion 'I will be your champion.'

Another standout from the series is the scene between Jaimie and Brienne from season 3. 'By what right does the wolf judge the lion.'

Vashetti

Banned
I quoted the exact line to my brother when discussing this scene. Love it, these character moments are always my favourite parts of thrones. It's why I loved the conversation with Jaimie and Ollena. The build up, with the music, to Oberyn telling Tyrion 'I will be your champion.'

Another standout from the series is the scene between Jaimie and Brienne from season 3. 'By what right does the wolf judge the lion.'

That scene is great, especially as Nikolaj played Jaime as whispering. Really makes you cling to every word.

Nameless

Just wanted to drop in out of nowhere and say this scene is Emilia's best performance on the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M952wOC8Huo

She looks devastated.

Bouncing off Iain Glenn gets the best work out of her. Hope Jorah returns to her soon.

Still the best

https://youtu.be/7ubcEV1V0R4

"Is that what you fear?"

I've always loved Emelia's delivery there. Great speech too. Her confidence, shaky at first, quickly hardens and you see the first hints of the conquerer emerge.

Rhoc

I smoked some weed and i thought about something. What if Jaime the person that every watcher of series kinda roots for. What if he ,the Kingslayer, switches sides after Tyrion persuades him to join his cause. What if he's the one who kills the Night King and
lives up to his reputation as the Kingslayer. Maybe he sacrifice himself in the progress and be our tragic hero. I would love to see a duel between him and the Night King but i don't know if he is even capable with one hand. I love characters that redeem himself in the end even if it's with the ultimate price.

...But maybe it was just to much this time :)

Speely

Banned
I smoked some weed and i thought about something. What if Jaime the person that every watcher of series kinda roots for. What if he ,the Kingslayer, switches sides after Tyrion persuades him to join his cause. What if he's the one who kills the Night King and
lives up to his reputation as the Kingslayer. Maybe he sacrifice himself in the progress and be our tragic hero. I would love to see a duel between him and the Night King but i don't know if he is even capable with one hand. I love characters that redeem himself in the end even if it's with the ultimate price.

...But maybe it was just to much this time :)

At the very least, I think Jaime will emerge from the water changed or soon to be so. I don't think he will die as someone who serves Cersei. At most, he will become a very heroic figure who affects the endgame dramatically.

Figgles

At the very least, I think Jaime will emerge from the water changed or soon to be so. I don't think he will die as someone who serves Cersei. At most, he will become a very heroic figure who affects the endgame dramatically.

If he doesn't put a sword through Cersei, I'll be shocked.

I was expecting some JonxDany bullshit but that was a fantastic video.

I really hate the way she says Dracarys now though. She used to roll the R and it sounded Valyrian, now it sounds like an American trying to pronounce it.

There are plenty of characters to fit that bill, the majority even, not all of them will go.
YUP! I knew there was something off about the way she said it when I heard it. You nailed it, I would've said that before she just sounded cooler.

Also, JonxDany isn't bullshit!!! It's fuckin destiny my man
I was stoned and I loved it

Goodstyle

Everyone's waiting for Jaime to kill Cersei, meanwhile I can't wait to see Tyrion and Cersei meet up again.

tumblr_m1m4dkDnSM1qcmhq6o1_500_scleganes.gif

Come give your sweet sister a kiss Tyrion!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Cersei would need to do something pretty goddamn awful to get Jaime to kill her, not saying that it's not in him to do it, just wondering what the trigger would be.

Speely

Banned
I am a lil drunk and rewatching ep4 again, and I just realized something: I want Bronn to fight Gregor. I want that fight a lot.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
how did she keep her cool when Tyrion just did that

wouldn't it have made sense for her to get disgusted and ballistic

This was the context of the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWD1SLIUOw

She's not going to throw a temper tantrum because Tyrion was busting her balls, and anyway, Cersei has always been pretty calm in front of others for the most part. The only time I can think of that she lost it publicly was when Joffrey died and I mean, that was a pretty good reason to be enraged.

I don't doubt that getting the full details of the Sept and Tommen might tip Jaime over.

He already knows everything that happened. Remember Cersei said Tommen betrayed her when he sided with Margery and Jaime wasn't really feeling that line of thinking?

Decorum. That was at the start of the second season when he was named acting hand of the king by Tywin. She still had to pretend to care.
v
This was the context of the scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWD1SLIUOw

She's not going to throw a temper tantrum because Tyrion was busting her balls, and anyway, Cersei has always been pretty calm in front of others for the most part. The only time I can think of that she lost it publicly was when Joffrey died and I mean, that was a pretty good reason to be enraged.

He already knows everything that happened. Remember Cersei said Tommen betrayed her when he sided with Margery and Jaime wasn't really feeling that line of thinking?

Tyrion was a better character back then. The writing was way better back then too, lol.

I like how evil they have Cersei I hate her so much but they've made Tyrion behave like a jackass sometimes, they could've written him better this season and maybe last season too. I get the whole thing about him failing at being a war commander - yeah, he's not. So that makes sense and it sucks for Dany. He might be a good Hand, might not, he was only Hand in King's Landing thus far, so.

Nerokis

That is a good one.

paerfjaorfjrpfjpifjr

this is why i stopped rewatching the series after season 4

watching this again broke me

i still absolutely love this incredible series, but season 4 was the last time it was a true masterpiece, and also happens to be the most tragic goddamn season with Oberyn's ridiculously unjust death

You guys remember the build up to Oberyn vs. The Mountain? Fuck, man. FUCK.

Goodstyle

Cersei will live through to the end, her brothers will die. Drink wine. Fuck fan service.

I want Cersei and Tyrion to be the last people standing, with Jaime making a heroic sacrifice and having his page filled.

I honestly just feel like Cersei has to die so the story can fully focus on The Night King.

CLQVUk7.gif

Night King can eat shit! Cersei should live on to fight another day!

latest

These 3 carried this show on their BACKS. You take one out and the whole thing falls apart.

Tyrion's scene with Oberyn was great....but lord, I still hate his death. The gore of it didn't bother me, but he felt like he died for dramatic's sake. I don't know. Something about the whole thing I didn't like.

Tyrion's scene with Oberyn was great....but lord, I still hate his death. The gore of it didn't bother me, but he felt like he died for dramatic's sake. I don't know. Something about the whole thing I didn't like.

His death perfectly made sense. He was an arrogant showman who didn't go into that fight to win, he went in for a much more selfish reason. He played with his food and let his anger and pride take over and it took him down. He was my second favorite character in the show after Bronn, and his death was horrifying and made me sick, but it was completely, 100% earned and wasn't just some thing thrown in for shock. It made perfect sense and we've been seeing the ramifications of that outcome ever since.

That scene is great, especially as Nikolaj played Jaime as whispering. Really makes you cling to every word.

That is still my fav scene in the show. You can see how much it pains him when people call him kingslayer when his decision saves King' s Landing.

Fantastic actor and delivery.

Gin-Shiio

There is something very romantic about the way Jorah loves Dany, a devotion offered without asking for anything in return. Jon and her can still fuck if they want, it wouldn't even take away.
Just needed to talk about my favorite ship, now move along.

There is something very romantic about the way Jorah loves Dany, a devotion offered without asking for anything in return.

I really like that forbidden love aspect. He basically worships her.

It's probably all being set up for him to die protecting her. That's gonna be emotional. I bet he gets a kiss before he dies.

Gin-Shiio

I remember when the Red Wedding happened, I was sitting in front of the screen with my jaw wide open. I never saw it coming. But when it comes to Jamie, everyone has been saying he will be the one to kill Cersei for ages now, and I am actually starting to dislike that conclusion for being too on the nose now. In fact, it made me lose interest in Jamie, thinking to myself for seasons now: "when will you kill her already?"

Speely

Banned

It's probably all being set up for him to die protecting her. That's gonna be emotional. I bet he gets a kiss before he dies.

Or just after. I could see that being a big part of Dany regaining her empathy after going full Targ.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Jaime's progression as a character:

Dick Jaime --> Imprisoned Asshole Jaime --> Smug Jaime --> Punished Jaime --> Here Comes the Swerve Jaime --> Buddy Cop Jaime --> Daddy Jaime --> Hurt in the Heart Jaime --> Return of Dick Jaime --> Pussy Whipped Jaime --> Brave Fool Jaime

Speely

Banned
Just to confirm, does little finger know about the bloodline of denarys and John?

Well he knows about Dany's bloodline. As for Jon's, no one knows for sure. If I were to guess, I would say no because he sure as hell would have given more attention to Jon if he knew, imo.

Edit: Unless he didn't think it mattered because very few others knew and Jon joined the Watch...

Could go either way, really.

I just think he would have approached Jon sooner and tried to leverage that info if he had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom