• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosher

Looks like that casting list covers pretty much everyone. I am pleased.

Actually, notable exception:

No Reek still, WTF.

Or Val. But now that I think about it, that's at the very end of ASOS so her appearance would probably be pushed back to S4.

Maffis

Looks like that casting list covers pretty much everyone. I am pleased.

Actually, notable exception:

No Reek still, WTF.

Or Val. But now that I think about it, that's at the very end of ASOS so her appearance would probably be pushed back to S4.

reek might be the weird dude that follows theon, he might be ramsay bolton in disguise, and if there's a "reek" that dies to ramsay, then he probably is just a random actor.

duckroll

Updates to the HBO youtube account:

- Recap #19
- Inside The Episode #19
- Season 2 Finale Preview (please spoiler tag any discussion)

Cropped screenshot from finale preview: http://i.imgur.com/bK5C6.jpg

This scene right here summarizes perfectly well for me everything that is "right" and wrong with the entire Theon arc throughout all of season 2. I just look at this and I laugh so hard I can't take anything from him seriously. And then I look at his second-in-command, and I laugh even harder because of that stupid look he gives Theon with regards to anything he does.

I have the image saved on my computer as TheonLOL.jpg just in case I need to bring this up again in the future. Lolz.

Lothar

Banned
(SoS)

All those things you listed show her being helpful to Sansa, not Tyrion. They don't change the fact she could easily be a lying, conniving twat towards Tyrion.

The things I listed show that she's a good natured person. It would be really out of character for this Shae to betray Tyrion unless she had a very good reason: like for example her life being at stake.

And I didn't find his actions in the book questionable at all. She deserved it, and the one two combo of her and Tywin had me smiling afterwards for a long time. Probably one of the most satisfying moments in the entire series. After all the asshole behavior from his father and lying backstabbing bullshit from Shae, they both get what they deserve. If anything it's Tywin that will be the problem. They've made him way way waaaaaay more likable in the show. I will genuinely be upset when he dies.

I'll say what I said before. She did what she thought she had to do to survive. Her testimony wouldn't have changed anything. He was going to be judged guilty no matter what. She made the smart decision.

This scene right here summarizes perfectly well for me everything that is "right" and wrong with the entire Theon arc throughout all of season 2. I just look at this and I laugh so hard I can't take anything from him seriously. And then I look at his second-in-command, and I laugh even harder because of that stupid look he gives Theon with regards to anything he does.

I have the image saved on my computer as TheonLOL.jpg just in case I need to bring this up again in the future. Lolz.

Finchy is the casting coup of the season.

(SoS)
I'll say what I said before. She did what she thought she had to do to survive. Her testimony wouldn't have changed anything. He was going to be judged guilty no matter what. She made the smart decision.

Pretty sure Tyrion's inner monologue goes along with her needing to say those things to survive and he's prepared to forgive her. Then she calls him her "Giant of Lannister" and WELP IT'S TIME TO HULK THE FUCK OUT.

He had been so utterly and grievously humiliated by the woman he loved and it killed him. And to find her in Tywin's bed reminding him of his greatest humiliation right after the Tysha revelation? Poor timing, Shae.

God damn I am excited for that whole arc.

duckroll

I really have this serious love/hate relationship with all the Theon scenes this season. On one hand, it's really stupid and silly in a slapstick kinda way because the failure of Theon in every episode is so over the top and hilarious. On the other hand, it's just SO FUNNY, so they have to be doing something right. Lol.

Read that EW casting report thing and just laughed and laughed about all the people who'd been whining all year. I think pretty much every single holdout was on that last. I was dyin' and this dude next to me on the bus was like "What's so funny" and I was like "Remember all that complaining Games of Thrones fans were doing because, you know, Jib Jeeb and Sir Steak N Eggs weren't in Season 2?" and he was like "DO I? Don't get me STARTED" and then I showed him the list and he was like "They're all there! Holy shit! NOW what are they going to complain about?" and I said "I onno, the lack of food this season?"

He high fived me and I got off at my stop.

He's definitely offputting and not in a good way. I liked someone's idea that he is all in Theons head. It would somewhat explain the goofiness.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Read that EW casting report thing and just laughed and laughed about all the people who'd been whining all year. I think pretty much every single holdout was on that last. I was dyin' and this dude next to me on the bus was like "What's so funny" and I was like "Remember all that complaining Games of Thrones fans were doing because, you know, Jib Jeeb and Sir Steak N Eggs weren't in Season 2?" and he was like "DO I? Don't get me STARTED" and then I showed him the list and he was like "They're all there! Holy shit! NOW what are they going to complain about?" and I said "I onno, the lack of food this season?"

[ASoS]
I want to see all 77 courses during Joffrey's wedding in S4 or else I'm going to be pissed!

:lol

Famassu

(SoS)

I don't buy that. Sansa getting in deep shit by insulting the Queen or Joffrey does not put Shae in any harm. What is putting her in harm is her putting a knife to a maid's throat. It's an entirely selfless act. It's going to be hard for audiences to swallow Tyrion murdering her. Not hard in that it'll make him a shades of gray character. Hard in that it'll make him a villain. It was already questionable in the books when she didn't do anything to make herself likable. When she didn't do any selfless acts. When she didn't give a shit about Sansa and if I remember correctly, even made fun of her.
ASOS & ADWD
Thing is, Tyrion was already MADE into a villain by everyone. So he then decides to act the part they've forced on him, why should he really give a shit when no one else has given him any credit for all the good he has done. Plus he's completely broken in the beginning of ADWD, so it's not like what he did had no negative effect on him

god I hate these bozo dudes. At least while reading the books I didn't have to look at this ugly dude all the time. Makes his character so much worse...so great casting at least I guess.

Wray

Pumped up about that confirmed casting list that WiC posted today.

Combined with other roles we know are being cast, that give us...
Vargo Hoat
Ramsay Bolton
Titan's Bastard

+

Mance Raydar
Darrio
Edmure Tully
Reed Twins
Lady Selyse Florent
Shireen
Beric Dondarrion
Thoros of Myr
Tormund Giantsbane

I'm guessing Red Viper is pushed off to S4 which makes sense. Only person I'm concerned about that hasn't been confirmed yet is Strong Belwas. Other than him we're looking pretty good. Would also like some confirmation on...

Mace Tyrell (Can be pushed back to S4)
Qyburn
Missandei
Grey Worm
Styr
Val

Who else is missing that needs to be S3?

I think you're pretty close there, Wray. As you mentioned, Strong Belwas is the only omission so far that stood out for me, though they do say that there are a few more on the way that haven't been mentioned yet.

Wray

Also, anybody else feel that Shireen is going to be used in place of Eldric Storm as a plot device for the Dragonstone story arc?

Socreges

Banned

iwnMvd1XnQmDa.gif

I'm worried about how all those characters will be introduced competently to an already bloated cast. The show handled some introductions perfectly this year, such as Stannis (with the letter) while others seemed rushed (like Davos, who's backstory wasn't discussed much until a couple weeks ago).

I'd imagine the Reeds won't be hard to introduce. But just as the Qarth characters and locations created a...cheese factor for the show, I think some of the more foreign characters in S3 could do the same thing.

Altazor

Haha, someone recommended Pablo Sandoval for Strong Belwas. I like that casting if he hadn't lost some weight. Lots of mentions of Maggie Smith for the Queen of Thorns -- that'd be an excellent casting and there's obviously been a bit of a Downton connection already with Jorah.

oh god please YES

I think you're pretty close there, Wray. As you mentioned, Strong Belwas is the only omission so far that stood out for me, though they do say that there are a few more on the way that haven't been mentioned yet.
I can see them cutting him but I really hope he makes it. One of the few I like in that storyline.

Yeah I've said this before, and I know he's a favorite of people's, but I think he will be cut.

"OMG, people have complaints about something I irrationally love; listen to me throwing a tantrum while using juvenile sarcasm!11!!!"

Glad to see the Reeds in, I really doubted they would be omitted as I think they will play a larger part in WoW. Hopefully they cut some Dorne PoV's as the plot of the tv show is already becoming untethered and having trouble focusing on the large number of independent stories and not much of interest happens there.

Wray

I'm worried about how all those characters will be introduced competently to an already bloated cast. The show handled some introductions perfectly this year, such as Stannis (with the letter) while others seemed rushed (like Davos, who's backstory wasn't discussed much until a couple weeks ago).

Yeah but don't forget that S4 is going to likely have a much lighter cast load than S2 and S3 brought in. Since most of the characters who are introduced in SoS are likely coming in during S3.

These are the only major characters I see them bringing into S4. Assuming they move up the
Kingsmoot
to S4.

The Red Viper
Ellaria Sand
Aeron Greyjoy
Euron Greyjoy
Victarion Greyjoy

S4 would be a good place to introduce some other characters too. Possibly the Kettlebacks and Balon Swann perhaps. Since S5 is going to once again have a shit ton of new characters to introduce from Feast and Dance combined.

Televisionary notes they're running multiple S2 marathons before the finale on Sunday:
HBO Zone will present the first nine episodes of Game Of Thrones back to back three times, ending right before the season finale on HBO.
The triple marathon starts on Saturday at 6pm ET.

3rdman

ASOS
Regarding Shae...The fact that she ended up in Tywin's bed (for me) was more than just a whore doing a whore's job. It opened the possibility that she was also working for him the whole time...true or not, this is what I thought as he found her in his father's bed...was I the only one that thought that? Am I way off?

"OMG, people have complaints about something I irrationally love; listen to me throwing a tantrum while using juvenile sarcasm!11!!!"

Glad to see the Reeds in, I really doubted they would be omitted as I think they will play a larger part in WoW. Hopefully they cut some Dorne PoV's as the plot of the tv show is already becoming untethered and having trouble focusing on the large number of independent stories and not much of interest happens there.

Tantrum? Juvenile? I have been called many things, but never that. I'd love to see a four year old come up with something as clever as that post.

pulga

Banned
Fuck yeah at the casting list.

ASOS
Thank R'hllor they have Edmure and the Reeds in there. I was getting a bit worried. I can't wait for next season.

Talon

ASOS
Regarding Shae...The fact that she ended up in Tywin's bed (for me) was more than just a whore doing a whore's job. It opened the possibility that she was also working for him the whole time...true or not, this is what I thought as he found her in his father's bed...was I the only one that thought that? Am I way off?
I never really considered that as a possibility, really.

Meier

Nice find. The Station Agent is one of my favorite films of the aughts.. so nice to see Peter truly get such widespread recognition after all these years. I was blown away by Bobby Cannavale in it as well.. he's had plenty of success since then but I can't really think of him ever having a truly break out role which is a shame.

Levi

Banned

None of this actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom