• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

calza

I still think they end S3 with Joffrey's Wedding. Mainly because it appears based on what we know that the Red Wedding is going to happen in Ep8. That leaves 1 episode to soak in the aftermath and then Joffrey's Wedding ends the season in Ep10.

You don't *need* to have The Red Viper present. They can simply rework things a bit and give him a reason to show up after the fact in S4. Same thing with Mace Tyrell. They can delay both of their arrivals at Kings Landing till S4 if they wanted to pretty easily.

ASOS
So Mace Tyrell does not attend his own daughter's wedding? Makes sense.

It's so sad that the seasons only contains 10 episodes each. I think they should have at least 3 more to help develop the characters (like for instance Jon's weird behaviour with Ygritte is pretty sudden for his "honorful and dutiful" character type), and get all the foreshadowing. As it is right now there aren't that many questions that needs answering. Like, for instance, in the book Stannis had to take Storm's End first before meeting Renly, and they did this with magic too. But we, as readers, had no clue on how he actually managed to do it so easily, and then Renly died and everyone went like "aha!". These kinds of moments are too rare in the show, something I think is quite sad.

I'm not dumb though. I know that stuff costs lots of money and HBO probably doesn't have the budget for it. So I imply everyone to read the books to fully get the whole story!

You have got it wrong. In the book Stannis attacked Storm's End, Renly came back and got shadow babied but the readers don't know how. Then to break the siege Stannis sends Davos with Mel and then we find out about the shadow baby.

apana

It's so sad that the seasons only contains 10 episodes each. I think they should have at least 3 more to help develop the characters (like for instance Jon's weird behaviour with Ygritte is pretty sudden for his "honorful and dutiful" character type), and get all the foreshadowing. As it is right now there aren't that many questions that needs answering. Like, for instance, in the book Stannis had to take Storm's End first before meeting Renly, and they did this with magic too. But we, as readers, had no clue on how he actually managed to do it so easily, and then Renly died and everyone went like "aha!". These kinds of moments are too rare in the show, something I think is quite sad.

I'm not dumb though. I know that stuff costs lots of money and HBO probably doesn't have the budget for it. So I imply everyone to read the books to fully get the whole story!

They tried to pack way too much in this year. Should probably have left some of the story for season 3.

CassSept

Eh, all these suggestions make some sense but I always imagined Oberyn as this very slim, highly nimble guy who has no power whatsoever but makes it all up by his dexterity. This is probably quite unrealistic, but that's how I always thought of him. All the actors suggested so far are too chunky compared to my image of the Red Viper.

Ninjimbo

Yes and thank god. All of ASOS in one season would be about the worst thing ever. Assuming they'd stick to 10 episodes. I'd say theoretically it could be done in 15 but I'm not sure are show runners are up to the challenge. Two seasons of 10 episodes should be fine. All of it in 10 would be terrible. Although it would be entertaining on a train wreck kind of way.
I'll take your word for it I guess. I just don't like the idea of waiting 2 years to see all the content in ASoS covered. It's too long a wait.

TCRS

Banned
Oded Fehr for Red Viper?

3888_0803.jpg

Hmm.. yeah, I can see that.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I still think they end S3 with Joffrey's Wedding. Mainly because it appears based on what we know that the Red Wedding is going to happen in Ep8. That leaves 1 episode to soak in the aftermath and then Joffrey's Wedding ends the season in Ep10.

Where are you getting episode 8 from?

duckroll

Eh, all these suggestions make some sense but I always imagined Oberyn as this very slim, highly nimble guy who has no power whatsoever but makes it all up by his dexterity. This is probably quite unrealistic, but that's how I always thought of him. All the actors suggested so far are too chunky compared to my image of the Red Viper.

How about Ray Park? I totally see the viper as someone who can move like Darth Maul in combat.

My (more practical) casting ideas :p

Oded Fehr as The Red Viper, Oberyn Martell
Oded_Fehr_0001.jpg

He was impressive in The Mummy, and since then has appeared in a number of (bad) films and television shows. He's currently scheduled to star in the next Resident Evil film, which may interfere with the show's schedule

Ghassan Massoud
as Prince Doran Martell (Oberyn's older brother)
86jrm22

Outside of roles in the latest POTC film and Kingdom Of Heaven, Massoud hasn't done much feature film work lately. He has extensive theater work, and could be perfect for the brooding, reserved Prince.

kitzkozan

god I hate these bozo dudes. At least while reading the books I didn't have to look at this ugly dude all the time. Makes his character so much worse...so great casting at least I guess.

I haven't read the books, but I did some research and wasn't Theon supposed to be handsome? :p Because in the TV series, it doesn't make much sense for this fuckface to easily bed all these women (while I could totally see it happening in the books if he's supposed to be this handsome yet rotten character) .

Doesn't really matter anyway since I fucking hate the guy, worthy of the second spot on my shit list next to Joffrey. :D

On the Fire & Ice wiki it is written:

Character and Appearance

Theon is known for his arrogance and his cocky smile. He is a lean, dark, handsome youth of 19 years

CassSept

How about Ray Park? I totally see the viper as someone who can move like Darth Maul in combat.

OK, I can see that now. Darth Maul-like agility is about what Oberyn requires.

Though he definitely needs to be a lot more middle eastern. Naveen Andrews looks great for the role if they only used some make up to make him a tad older.

Re: Red Viper (ASOS)

I really hope they go with some ridiculous stunt casting for this character who is actually really cool but goes out in like the most unspectacular, unsatisfying way (aside from putting The Mountain out of comission).

Ghassan Massoud
as Prince Doran Martell (Oberyn's older brother)
http://tinyurl.com/86jrm22

Outside of roles in the latest POTC film and Kingdom Of Heaven, Massoud hasn't done much feature film work lately. He has extensive theater work, and could be perfect for the brooding, reserved Prince.

Doran isn't that old, he's just very sick. That dude looks ancient and would never pass as a brother to Oded Fehr.

apana

I haven't read the books, but I did some research and wasn't Theon supposed to be handsome? :p Because in the TV series, it doesn't make much sense for this fuckface to easily bed all these women (while I could totally see it happening in the books if he's supposed to be this handsome yet rotten character) .

Doesn't really matter anyway since I fucking hate the guy, worthy of the second spot on my shit list next to Joffrey. :D

On the Fire & Ice wiki it is written:

Character and Appearance

Theon is known for his arrogance and his cocky smile. He is a lean, dark, handsome youth of 19 years

This is a medieval world we are talking about. You can get about a dozen women following you if you can provide two square meals a day, let alone if you are some kind of prince. Besides he is not ugly, just not that great compared to the actors for Robb and Jon.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
I know it's not gonna happen, but for Beric, I always pictured someone along the lines of Damian Lewis:

Are they keeping the same guy from season 1? I feel like they're finding someone new, like they did for the mountain.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I got it in my head the other day that I really wanted to see Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond from Lost) as Mance Rayder.

Am I crazy?

Only watched 2-3 episodes of lost so have no idea how the guy is acting wise.

But looks/starure wise I'm not sure I could take him very seriously as Mance. Would be like casting Arya's child actor to be brienne.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
Isn't Beric
supposed to look goulish or something. I don't think looks are important for that character.
That's a good point, (ASOS)
but then again, I never really pictured him as being that ghoulish, thinking he looked more like this than this.

I got it in my head the other day that I really wanted to see Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond from Lost) as Mance Rayder.

Am I crazy?
I feel the same way, (Series)
for some reason I pictured him as a much bigger, stronger man throughout most of the books, but after ADWD and his masquerade as Abel, I finally realized he actually looked much smaller than I imagined, and more of a lady's man than a warrior king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom