• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a mandate at HBO that all adult male characters must look like they're just about ready to start collecting their pension.

I don't care who they cast as long as as they find a way to get Conan Stevens back as the Mountain. New guy sucked.

Yeah it's been used pretty terribly in the show aside from Theon's baptism and Tywin entering the throne room (last episode).

I had no idea the music was aiight until I started listening to it on it's own :/

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Theon's "baptism". It's the one scene in the entire series so far where the music stood out to me in a profound way.

The cinematography seemed markedly better too, strangely. The cool blues and greys plus the lighting was gorgeous.

Solo

Yeah, that whole sequence was incredibly rousing in the way it was shot and scored.

I had no idea the music was aiight until I started listening to it on it's own :/

Yeah, I have determined that the actual score itself is pretty fucking awesome. But whoever is in charge of its usage/placement in the show needs to be fired, as one would never know the score has this much swagger without listening to it outside of the show.

Sarah Bolger for meera, close to the right age, she has time on her hands (pilot was cancelled), she actually lives in Ireland, she has already acted in a period piece (she was Mary Tudor in the tudors)

sarah+bolger.jpg

tumblr_l633a8huTl1qad6aso1_500.jpg

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
That's a good point, (ASOS)
but then again, I never really pictured him as being that ghoulish, thinking he looked more like this than this.

I feel the same way, (Series)
for some reason I pictured him as a much bigger, stronger man throughout most of the books, but after ADWD and his masquerade as Abel, I finally realized he actually looked much smaller than I imagined, and more of a lady's man than a warrior king.

[Series]
Yeah, ladies man is always how I pictured him. The Tyrion beyond the wall, though I don't remember his wit being as perfectly shard and instilled. Still though, I've always pictured ladies man with a devilish side you don't want to go against and not just a huge outright warrior.

Solo

It occurs to me that there is almost no way the finale doesn't feel somewhat disappointing coming off an episode that delivered the goods in spades like Blackwater did.

Solo

Indeed. Plus GRRM isn't writing.

Yeah, and we're back to John-Dany-Arya-Robb plot hopping.

I REALLY hope they find a better way to handle Dany next season. She was one of the highlights of S1, but she was one of the low points of S2, both due to the source. Dany had lots to do in GoT, and shitall to do in CoK.

Wray

He's not the handsomest dude around but I'd love to see Ashur from Spartacus as Oberyn (or anyone).

Ashur needs to be on the show period.

Also, speaking of Spartacus. I'm once again going to champion Oenomaus for Strong Belwas!!!

spartacus-Peter-Mensah.jpg

Yeah, and we're back to John-Dany-Arya-Robb plot hoping.

I REALLY hope they find a better way to handle Dany next season. She was one of the highlights of S1, but she was one of the low points of S2, both due to the source. Dany had lots to do in GoT, and shitall to do in CoK.

And look how enjoyable it was without them. I hope this episode proved to the showrunners that they're not vital to every episode. I doubt it though.

Solo

And look how enjoyable it was without them. I hope this episode proved to the showrunners that they're not vital to every episode. I doubt it though.

Its not that they're not vital, per se. It's just that Blackwater proved that the show should focus on 1-2 subplots/groups of characters per episode, instead of tracking up to 5 in a single episode.

Dany should have had one episode this season. A whole 50 minutes devoted to her storyline, and then goodbye til next season.

Socreges

Banned
It will also have Dany, the mother of dragons, who is a mother to dragons, a mother who will not leave her children, because the dragons are her children, and she is the mother of dragons.
And don't forget Xaro Xhoan Daxos, the wealthiest man in Qarth who did not become the wealthiest man in Qarth by being a man who was not capable of being wealthy in Qarth since to be the wealthiest man in Qarth requires wealthy man Qarthiness.

Solo

They're supposed to be kids.

You're going to have to get over this, mang.

Not to mention that casting older does have some benefits. For starters, you're typically going to get a better actor. And then you get to avoid the weird (Sansaaaaaaaaaaaa) growth spurts that kids have in the months between filming seasons.

Socreges

Banned
Its not that they're not vital, per se. It's just that Blackwater proved that the show should focus on 1-2 subplots/groups of characters per episode, instead of tracking up to 5 in a single episode.

Dany should have had one episode this season. A whole 50 minutes devoted to her storyline, and then goodbye til next season.
I would personally love that.... but man would that be unbalanced and bring up a host of other problems.

apana

Sarah Bolger for meera, close to the right age, she has time on her hands (pilot was cancelled), she actually lives in Ireland, she has already acted in a period piece (she was Mary Tudor in the tudors)

sarah+bolger.jpg

Here is the fancasting I have seen for Meera:

Lily Collins, I think eyebrows are cool so I guess she is my first choice.

Lily-Collins-at-event-of-Legion_562.jpg

I've also seen this girl, australian actress Caitlin Stasey.

tumblr_lxkd6dgDfH1qada28o1_500.gif

sarah+bolger.jpg

She must have wanted like a no nude clause or something. She would have been perfect for Margaery Tyrell.

You're going to have to get over this, mang.

Not to mention that casting older does have some benefits. For starters, you're typically going to get a better actor. And then you get to avoid the weird (Sansaaaaaaaaaaaa) growth spurts that kids have in the months between filming seasons.

Nothing weird about kids growing. But the Reeds are kids. Making them into adults makes no sense

Solo

I would personally love that.... but man would that be unbalanced and bring up a host of other problems.

Don't get me wrong - that is a total pie in the sky scenario that would never work. No actor or agent would agree to it.

"So Emilia, we're only going to have you appear in one episode this season. But we don't want you going out looking for other jobs either. How do you feel about that?"

Wray

Strong Belwas is fat

And Dany has purple eyes.

Tyrion has blonde hair.

Xaro is a white dude.

And Rorge has no nose.

Where are you getting episode 8 from?

Back when S3 was announced, GRRM stated he would be writing Ep7 titled Autumn Storms. The general consensus seemed to be that the episode title was referring to the
various scenes from SoS (Jon/Bran/Wildings and Cat/Robb traveling to Twins for example) that took place during the heavy storms which happens right before the Red Wedding. If people are right and that turns out to be the case, then it heavily implies that the Red Wedding happens the following episode.

Don't get me wrong - that is a total pie in the sky scenario that would never work. No actor or agent would agree to it.

"So Emilia, we're only going to have you appear in one episode this season. But we don't want you going out looking for other jobs either. How do you feel about that?"

Lol it happened with Jaime. But I know what you mean.

Still it would be acceptable to have some of these characters appear in only a few episodes. Not all of them though because then it affects the quality of the show. I was seriously bored with this tv series until last episode which was the Game of Thrones I wanted. They have to slow down on the rampant plot-jumping.

Back when S3 was announced, GRRM stated he would be writing Ep7 titled Autumn Storms. The general consensus seemed to be that the episode title was referring to the
various scenes from SoS (Jon/Bran/Wildings and Cat/Robb traveling to Twins for example) that took place during the heavy storms which happens right before the Red Wedding. If people are right and that turns out to be the case, then it heavily implies that the Red Wedding happens the following episode.

Autumn Storms is such a generic title that it could apply to anything really, that's a bit of a leap.

Solo

Nothing weird about kids growing.

There is nothing weird about kids growing in the real world. But in TV land it always sticks out big time since they shoot their season over a few months and then half like a half year break between seasons. It always looks off when a season premiere picks up right where a finale left off but suddenly the child actors grew 4 inches and hit puberty.

Socreges

Banned
And Dany has purple eyes.

Tyrion has blonde hair.

Xaro is a white dude.

And Rorge has no nose.
[ASOS]
Isn't Belwas being fat a pretty important part of his character? IIRC, they focused on it a lot whereas those other details aren't essential.

Wray

Autumn Storms is such a generic title that it could apply to anything really, that's a bit of a leap.

It's not that big of a leap at all when you consider the Episode title, the episode number, the fact that SoS is roughly being split in half, and the various chapters in the book that heavily feature "Autumn Storms" that take place roughly around the point Ep7 should be were they to roughly split the book in two.

[ASOS]
Isn't Belwas being fat a pretty important part of his character? IIRC, they focused on it a lot whereas those other details aren't essential.

Him being fat isn't relevant to the story at all and he can still have the same personality and still provide the same comic relief if he normal looking. What they would have to do if they were to cast somebody like Peter Mensah is expand Belwas' role more than it was in the books to justify casting somebody like that. That wouldn't be a bad thing though.

Those are minor details

Strong Belwas being fat is what made his character stand out

Book Xaro being a pale milk white Qartheen while Show Xaro being a black skinned Summer Islander is a minor detail but Belwas going from being fat to not fat is a big deal?

Does not compute.

Socreges

Banned
Which of the pics posted so far did you think were too cute? I mean they will have to cast an actress for the role.
Would you have cast any of them as Arya? If Meera is described as being cute in the book, then never mind. But that was my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom