• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say GoT has one of the weaker credits sequences on HBO. The way it's "shot" is so boring. Every time there's one of those sweeping, awkwardly smooth camera moves it feels like a video game cutscene.

Pollux

Re: OtakuASSEMBLE

and ACOK spoilers re: Stannis
Larry wants some brotherly bonding between Renly and Stannis...Yea, that's going to work...lolololololol

Dany

Banned
True Blood has a better opening. :p

I'd say GoT has one of the weaker credits sequences on HBO. The way it's "shot" is so boring. Every time there's one of those sweeping, awkwardly smooth camera moves it feels like a video game cutscene.

1310121691_game_of_thrones_tyrion_lannister_slaps_prince_joffrey.gif

No one is taking my sun and stars away from me!

anaron

I'd say GoT has one of the weaker credits sequences on HBO. The way it's "shot" is so boring. It'd help if the map thing didn't feel so flat and empty outside of the major cities.

I really wished it was synced better with the music too. I love the concept and title music, but some stronger creative touches would serve it well.

ETA: regardless, it's still probably my favourite hbo intro and better than the majority of the others.

_Isaac

So how are they going to [Book 2 spoiler]
do the battle of blackwater with one ship?

Probably (ACoK)
both Davos and Tyrion fall on their heads and wake up after it's all over.

Larry Williams confuses me so much.

He's got this clear, almost radio perfect voice and can ramble without slurring his words or losing himself too much. Then there's the "reaction" videos where he comes off as an every day kind of guy, pissed off because his favorite character got killed. He's a good looking dude who doesn't look overly nerdy.

But then you hear him do his "Otaku Assemble" thing or watch his other reviews and he's a pretty big fucking nerd.

Edit: oh, ouch, one of the "big spoilers" that happens later in the series was ruined for him. I feel bad for him.

I've only read the first two books. If I see that video will it spoil it for me too?

stupei

Probably (ACoK)
both Davos and Tyrion fall on their heads and wake up after it's all over.

I've only read the first two books. If I see that video will it spoil it for me too?

He doesn't say what the spoiler is, just which book it comes from and that it's the reason he's turned off commenting on his videos.

I'm pretty bummed Larry got spoiled. I figured it would happen due to open comments sections, and the fact that he checks all his PMs. Bah, whatever asshole did it needs to be slapped Joffery style

Altazor

I'm pretty bummed Larry got spoiled. I figured it would happen due to open comments sections, and the fact that he checks all his PMs. Bah, whatever asshole did it needs to be slapped Joffery style

for 10 minutes non-stop and with Guile's Theme as background music?

_Isaac

It's crazy how Larry can talk about it for so long. Some of his videos last season were almost an hour long I think. I'd be like "It was coo" and that's pretty much it.

apana

So what's going to be the [book 2 spoiler]
big swordfight of this season? What comes to the top of my head is the halfhand vs jon snow, except the halfhand was kind of faking it. I remember Ned's swordfighting skills got bumped from above average to excellent and so I expect Robb and Jon will also get bumps. Though from what I remember Jon was always skilled with the sword. Robb was skilled with the spear I think.

Puddles

Banned
big swordfight of this season? What comes to the top of my head is the halfhand vs jon snow, except the halfhand was kind of faking it. I remember Ned's swordfighting skills got bumped from above average to excellent and so I expect Robb and Jon will also get bumps. Though from what I remember Jon was always skilled with the sword. Robb was skilled with the spear I think.

Well, based on the trailers,
The Hound is going to tear some people up this season.

_Isaac

(ACoK)
It won't be as dramatic, but I hope they make Loras vs Brienne pretty cool especially since Loras is supposed to be top tier.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Book Tyrion is god damn amazing. His first chapter with his dad in SoS was so damn great. Dinklage nails it.

I wasn't a huge fan of Sansa in Clash, but already in SoS her first chapter was already one of the most interesting chapters yet. Although I really love the whole Hound dynamic in Clash, I guess.

Also, this may not ever be mentioned in the books, only eluded to, but did the tv show spoil the Renly/Loras thing? I don't remember it ever being explicitly stated.

_Isaac

I don't remember any dick sucking in A Game of Thrones. If it wasn't for the show I wouldn't have even realized they had a thing.
(ACoK)
I guess the Rainbow Guard makes sense.

Suairyu

Banned
The BBC asks, "Why are fantasy accents British?"

It's a great deal of speculation for an answer that is, I feel, blindingly obvious:
The only native-english speaking country around during medieval times was Britain. Even if the language was different back then, the cultural tradition is obvious.

Still, great to see they acknowledge the "British people are usually bad guys" trope.

The BBC asks, "Why are fantasy accents British?"

It's a great deal of speculation for an answer that is, I feel, blindingly obvious:
The only native-english speaking country around during medieval times was Britain. Even if the language was different back then, the cultural tradition is obvious.

Still, great to see they acknowledge the "British people are usually bad guys" trope.

That article seems a bit misinformed. I think Game of Thrones has great deal of traction in the UK. I can't go a day without hearing someone new mentioning it at work.

Thing is huge, as is the marketing - every bus stop round me has the poster. And I don't live in the city either.

I'm surprised they went for Northern English accents for the Northern characters as opposed to Scottish accents. The blokes that play the Mormonts are Scottish, as is Robb Stark's actor. Although in Robb's case, the accent wouldn't have fit with Sean Bean's at all.

No "Norn Iron" accents either.

stupei

I know, I know. But that wasn't in the book was it?

There is never a scene where someone outright says, "Hey, did you know that Loras and Renly are together?" but it is alluded to very openly several times and I believe GRRM had already confirmed it at a fan event.

So I wouldn't say that the show spoiled it, no. The fact that they're gay is already in the books and it's something we're meant to already know based on that, not something new that will be revealed or confirmed in the future. I mean, the books have lines like where Loras is referred to as "Renly's little rose." Collectively, it adds up.

I actually guessed it really early on in book one based on Sansa's chapters, at least for Loras. She clearly thinks he's flirting and fawning over her and he doesn't seem to even notice the effect his actions have on her. Almost as if he doesn't really bother to think about women that way!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There is never a scene where someone outright says, "Hey, did you know that Loras and Renly are together?" but it is alluded to very openly several times and I believe GRRM had already confirmed it at a fan event.

So I wouldn't say that the show spoiled it, no. The fact that they're gay is already in the books and it's something we're meant to already know based on that, not something new that will be revealed or confirmed in the future. I mean, the books have lines like where Loras is referred to as "Renly's little rose." Collectively, it adds up.

I actually guessed it really early on in book one based on Sansa's chapters, at least for Loras. She clearly thinks he's flirting and fawning over her and he doesn't seem to even notice the effect his actions have on her. Almost as if he doesn't really bother to think about women that way!

Yeah, while it's obviously not as explicit as it was in the show, if you read all the books there's really no excuse to not have figured it out, it's made very clear.

bengraven

And like it was said: GRRM has come out and straight up said: "they're gay".

I wonder if (COK)
Renly's Kingsguard are wearing rainbow colors.
That was one thing I always wondered if people found offensive, especially homosexuals.

Yeah, I feel really bad about that, too. It's so hard to remain pure on anything these days. I can't think of a single series that hasn't been spoiled by someone accidently or purposefully posting something in the wrong place.

Though at this point I've basically given up and I think, "If you want to enjoy something, you better just read the source material first so you don't get spoiled".

Carnivale is still the king, but Game of Thrones comes pretty close.

Respect.

And like it was said: GRRM has come out and straight up said: "they're gay".

I wonder if (COK)
Renly's Kingsguard are wearing rainbow colors.
That was one thing I always wondered if people found offensive, especially homosexuals..

GRRM has said that was a coincidence, not another sign Renly is gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom