• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rififi

At least it wasn't used for sexposition. Just good ole' HBO gratuitous sex scene.

Seems like HBO feels obligated to show boobs since they are a pay channel, if not, some people might get upset.

Aren't these sex scenes in the books though? haven't read them yet.

aceface

Seems like HBO feels obligated to show boobs since they are a pay channel, if not, some people might get upset.

Book has a ton of sex although not some of the specific scenes we are seeing. Ros (red headed whore from winter fell who went to kings landing) is not in the book, she is an invention for the show.

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

Ha. I really need to catch this season somehow, maybe bum a few nights on a friend's couch who has HBO.

neoism

loved the first episode..... I'm really glad I haven't read the books, because I would be picking the show apart about what they didn't show or changed.

KingK

There's tons of sex in the books, yes, and I don't have a problem with sex itself, just that the scene with the whores in this episode felt really out of place and forced. It was like they were wrapping up the episode, then realized that they hadn't shown any tits yet so added a minute of fucking and moaning.

neoism

There's tons of sex in the books, yes, and I don't have a problem with sex itself, just that the scene with the whores in this episode felt really out of place and forced. It was like they were wrapping up the episode, then realized that they hadn't shown any tits yet so added a minute of fucking and moaning.

I was playing this fucker loud too... lol lol I have to quickly turn it down some lol. boobs/sex is never out of place..:p

rando14

Also should mention, loved to see Dragonstone in the opening, along with the slightly modified opening theme. Can't wait to see it up on Youtube soon enough.

I'm also just dying to see
Riverrun and Qarth
in the opening credits too.

neoism

Awesome first episode, loved it. As a non-book reader, I was able to follow everything pretty well. It took me a few seconds to understand the bastard-killing scene, but it wasn't that hard to get. I'm still undecided if I want to read the books or not, but so far I've enjoyed this show immensely.

I marathoned Season One with my family this weekend to get them caught and they're in love with it. Can't wait to see more.

yeah they were trying to fine the slain kings bastard son right

I don't think it was forced. It really set the scene up for some heinous acts to be committed when you didn't expect it to turn out that way because of the opening.

Also should mention, loved to see Dragonstone in the opening, along with the slightly modified opening theme. Can't wait to see it up on Youtube soon enough.

I'm also just dying to see
Riverrun and Qarth
in the opening credits too.

I believe the first of those two will not be making an appearance.

tmdorsey

Loved the episode! Thought all the added scenes were great. (That Robb and Jamie scene :D) Stannis, Melisandre, and Davos actors did a good job. The bastards killing was hard, but really lets the audience know how insane Cersei is.

Can't wait for the next one!

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Both Chris and Cassie from Skins are in the show. :)

I love Joffrey, perfectly cast.

I understood most of this episode, even though I saw S1 a long time ago. The only confusing part was Stannis and that women. Lets hope they get the war started soon.

neoism

Did you miss the conversation between Joffrey and Cersei about how many bastards his father made? Joffrey implicitly suggested for all of them to be killed so as to not have any other people lay claim to the throne.

I truly can not wait for his death scene... hope this show makes it 7 season will be awesome seeing it with all the actors older and stuff.

rando14

Both Chris and Cassie from Skins are in the show. :)

I love Joffrey, perfectly cast.

I understood most of this episode, even though I saw S1 a long time ago. The only confusing part was Stannis and that women. Lets hope they get the war started soon.

Melisandre has introduced a new religion to Dragonstone and converted Stannis and his people. They were burning statues of their old gods, which upset both Davos and Cressen, who but had to accept this new choice.

KingK

No, you're right. I just remember reading they didn't film any scenes for that location this season.

Really? That sucks. They cut that location from season 1 as well, even though it was in the book (That's actually where Robb was when they named him King). Would it really be that expensive to make?

Also, I'm still bitter that the Blackfish was seemingly cut from the series.

rando14

Really? That sucks. They cut that location from season 1 as well, even though it was in the book (That's actually where Robb was when they named him King). Would it really be that expensive to make?

Also, I'm still bitter that the Blackfish was seemingly cut from the series.

Seriously? Damn that's outrageous. He's one of my favorite characters.

neoism

Those who don't read the books will be seriously fucked trying to keep track of all of it.

lol yeah the only major thing is not knowing who most characters are, they usually only say names once, story wise its not all that hard to follow.... need to got to the wiki and read up a little, about the characters names of stuff though.

Pkaz01

Same here, kind of awkward.

Same shit happened to me was watching upstairs with my brother and then she just started moaning... I just muted it and we started to laugh hoping no one else in the house heard. so random and unnecessary though.

I also loved that Stannis scene with the letter. So perfect, really shows how by the books the character is. He hates him and calls him kingslayer but feels compelled to call him ser and give him that respect just because he is a knight.

Hieberrr

I thought the episode was great! The intro really needs fixing though... what the fuck happened to it?!

And who's the woman with the red hair?

KingK

lol yeah the only major thing is not knowing who most characters are, they usually only say names once, story wise its not all that hard to follow.... need to got to the wiki and read up a little, about the characters names of stuff though.

Do NOT use the wiki on westeros.org if you haven't read the books. It's great and useful, but it has tons of spoilers. Right on the character profiles it has date of birth/date of death, spoiling if a character is dead yet or not.

neoism

I thought the episode was great! The intro really needs fixing though... what the fuck happened to it?!

And who's the woman with the red hair?

she was the one dude's main women Robb's "not real-brother" (not Snow) in one of the first seasons episode. She left him for King Landing.

speaking of snow....

Top five favorite characters...

1.Tyrion Lannister
2.Daenerys Targaryen
3.Jon Snow
4.Arya Stark
5.Robb Stark

least favorite
1.Joffrey Baratheon

Do NOT use the wiki on westeros.org if you haven't read the books. It's great and useful, but it has tons of spoilers. Right on the character profiles it has date of birth/date of death, spoiling if a character is dead yet or not.

Tower of the Hand is great for this. You can limit the scope to whatever seasons you've watched or books you've read and it hides anything that would spoil stuff

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Melisandre has introduced a new religion to Dragonstone and converted Stannis and his people. They were burning statues of their old gods, which upset both Davos and Cressen, who but had to accept this new choice.

That makes more sense.

neoism

thanks I just used the OP :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom