• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Am I alone in being bored by this show? I just find all the dialogue so..dull, and I do not care about most of the characters. While watching I'm struggling to keep my attention at times.

Wasn't really a fan of the first season, but so far this is only worse.

JCtheMC

Carice van Houten´s character needs to be killed off quick. She´s a terrible actress. Can´t stand how she changes accents every other sentence.

MMaRsu

Carice van Houten´s character needs to be killed off quick. She´s a terrible actress. Can´t stand how she changes accents every other sentence.

We discussed this in the other thread, but fuck yes, she's terrible imo. Her accent kills any immersion imo for a dutchy.

But
tits
are nice lol

Peru

I think her introduction and religious schpiel with Stannis is one of the best ideas Martin has had, and luckily she's nailed so far on the series.

Fry

Really enjoyed the first episode. Going to watch the second one on sunday so I don't have to wait too much for the third one.

Joffrey is a loveable cunt, I hope he gets beaten up soon.

Feature

Banned
Can someone please tell me what the reason for the 2 threads is? The names are almost exactly the same... confusing for no reason it seems.

Can someone please tell me what the reason for the 2 threads is? The names are almost exactly the same... confusing for no reason it seems.

The other one has no book spoilers and is for non-book readers, this one is mostly for book readers and there's a ton of blackened text.

Peru

No book spoilers or mentions or allusions allowed in the other thread. Book info and comparison allowed here, and spoilers allowed when tagged correctly.

Basically this is not a safe place, the other thread is. Should be pretty obvious.

van Houten makes a vital contribution to the Dragonstone scenes working by underplaying Melisandre, not creating some camp charicature but rather a calm, collected and confident danger with unclear motivations.

Krogan

Am I alone in being bored by this show? I just find all the dialogue so..dull, and I do not care about most of the characters. While watching I'm struggling to keep my attention at times.

Wasn't really a fan of the first season, but so far this is only worse.

If you didn't like the first season what gave you the impression that season 2 would be any different?

noah111

Still Alive
I have no clue what this show is about, but i'm hearing about it quite a lot. Just one question: Is it worth getting into/watching Season 1.

bengraven

I have to say, Episode 2 is the funniest episode of the entire series so far. Gendry is funny. Dolorous Edd has an awesome back and forth with Grenn, which I thought was the funniest part until a later Gendry scene. Saladar Saan...holy shit. lol In the books I pictured him more old and goat-like and flamboyant - here he's got the swagger of a pirate who moonlights as a stand up comedian. TV Saan >>>>>>>>> book Saan.

(ep2)
"I don't want to RAPE her. I want to FUCK her."

Ah okay.

iboWEv61DbPzhO.gif

I'm having to much fun with this now.

That's so awesome. Saving for later use. I admit I was a bit intimidated when you posted how you make GIFs, I but like a lot of multi-step activities, I'm sure it will become easy once I do it a few times.

I have quite a few movie gif ideas I need to finally make happen.

S2 Episode 2 thoughts

Agree completely about Stannis. He's got these bug eyes and a constant jittery, anxious look about him. I suppose it fits with the character in some ways, but I never expected Stannis to drink too much caffeine. He made me shudder.

episode 2
melisandre has beautiful boobs

She does. And ass.

bengraven

I have to say, Episode 2 is the funniest episode of the entire series so far. Gendry is funny. Dolorous Edd has an awesome back and forth with Grenn, which I thought was the funniest part until a later Gendry scene. Saladar Saan...holy shit. lol In the books I pictured him more old and goat-like and flamboyant - here he's got the swagger of a pirate who moonlights as a stand up comedian. TV Saan >>>>>>>>> book Saan.

(ep2)
"I don't want to RAPE her. I want to FUCK her."

Ah okay.

iboWEv61DbPzhO.gif

I'm having to much fun with this now.

That's so awesome. Saving for later use. I admit I was a bit intimidated when you posted how you make GIFs, I but like a lot of multi-step activities, I'm sure it will become easy once I do it a few times.

I have quite a few movie gif ideas I need to finally make happen.

S2 Episode 2 thoughts

Agree completely about Stannis. He's got these bug eyes and a constant jittery, anxious look about him. I suppose it fits with the character in some ways, but I never expected Stannis to drink too much caffeine. He made me shudder and in a bad way.

For some reason I keep picturing him as Tim Matheson.

That said, he does have the mouth right. He twists his jaw back and forth, lets it hang open fiercely. Maybe that's what trips me up. From his nose down he's pure Stannis, but from his bug eyes to that wayyyyy too full head of hair he's Tim Matheson.

episode 2
melisandre has beautiful boobs

She does. And ass.

suzu

I have no clue what this show is about, but i'm hearing about it quite a lot. Just one question: Is it worth getting into/watching Season 1.

You will be confused if you jump straight into season 2. Watch the first couple of episodes of season 1 and see for yourself if you enjoy it.

Plot: Set in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, Game of Thrones chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the kingdom's noble families for control of the Iron Throne; as the series opens, additional threats from the snow and ice covered region north of Westeros and from the eastern continent across a narrow sea are simultaneously beginning to rise.

Divius

If you didn't like the first season what gave you the impression that season 2 would be any different?
Not different, just better. I love the setting and there is so much potential.

I did enjoy the first season, especially considering things that appeared to be coming.

Azrael

I find some of the inclusions and omissions in the family trees of the Viewer's Guide curious. For example, Aeron and Euron Greyjoy are listed, but not Victarion. Possibly merging Aeron and Victarion into a single character?

I find some of the inclusions and omissions in the family trees of the Viewer's Guide curious. For example, Aeron and Euron Greyjoy are listed, but not Victarion. Possibly merging Aeron and Victarion into a single character?

If so, they picked the wrong name. Victarion is an amazing name.

it happens during the ''king in the north'' scene in the finale.
on the bluray commentary you can hear that the writers never wrote that line. and were surprised at how it got to the final version of the episode. turns out it that the guy who shouts 'renly is not right' didn't even have a line. he just said it in the heat of the moment.

Fuck, this is awesome :lol. Didn't realize it til you guys pointed it out.
I have to get the blurays..

I have never read any of the books. Just bought "Clash of Kings", but I am a little apprehensive about starting it without having read the first book. Even though I saw season 1 of the show, should I still read "Game of Thrones" or will I be able to follow book 2 pretty decently?

I have never read any of the books. Just bought "Clash of Kings", but I am a little apprehensive about starting it without having read the first book. Even though I saw season 1 of the show, should I still read "Game of Thrones" or will I be able to follow book 2 pretty decently?
You'll be able to follow it pretty easily, but you're going to miss out on a lot of back story that's well worth reading. I'd recommend you take the time to read "A Game of Thrones" first if you're up for it.

Azrael

I say renewal announcement Friday.

I'm surprised it hasn't been announced by now. Either the Luck debacle has affected how HBO announces renewals or HBO and the showrunners haven't reached an agreement on details like money and number of episodes yet.

bengraven

Hope episode 2 brings some more nudity!

Oh it does.

Also, to those saying the Yara/Asha scene is bad - no. Just no. She actually does an incredible job. And I was one of her strongest detractors when I heard her casting.

Also, Van Houten is awesome. I don't care if her accent changes: so does Dinklage's in the first season and in this season.

I've read all the books. When reading them I never think about the characters accents. Why do people have so many gripes about this with the show? I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm surprised it hasn't been announced by now. Either the Luck debacle has affected how HBO announces renewals or HBO and the showrunners haven't reached an agreement on details like money and number of episodes yet.
There have been rumors of shooting Seasons 3 and 4 back to back for a while now. That might be holding things up.

alphaNoid

Banned

I finished reading Game of Thrones after watching season 1 on TV and honestly.. of course there are always details left out on film, but the show really covers so much of what is in the book. So I will safely say skip the first book, start reading 2.

I'm reading Clash of Kings now as well.

Gregorn

I know 2 people that started with Clash of Kings even after I recommended them to start with Game of Thrones and they didn't have any problems. If you want the TRUE ONE TIME ONLY COMPLETE EXPERIENCE, start with GoT, if you don't care then go with CoK

There have been rumors of shooting Seasons 3 and 4 back to back for a while now. That might be holding things up.
It sounds like that might be off the table at this point. Because it takes them so long to film one season (10 episodes in 11 months or something like that), there really isn't much of an advantage of shooting back-to-back seasons. In any case, it's all speculation at this point and we'll hear from HBO sooner or later.

Tess3ract

Banned
You should go over GOT because there's too many threads they reference and remove from the tv show that when you start up clash of kings that you'd just be confused and not really understand how people thought and the impact of each person's evolution and point of view from the first book to the fifth.

Lothar

Banned

You won't have any trouble at all following along. The only bad thing about jumping into book 2 is that you'll miss a lot of cool things. For example, remember the battle in the first season where Tyrion got knocked out before it started? You actually read about that battle happening in the book and it was an incredible chapter. You also got to hear how Jaime got captured. It was described in the book retrospectively but it was described. As you can imagine, most conversations that happened in the TV show were longer and in more depth in the book.

Helmholtz

This show seems incredibly popular now. I passed by people on my campus talking about it, and I've had a lot of people in my program asking me if I watch it etc... pretty cool to see this story reach such a wide and diverse audience. Some of the people I know who are enjoying it are people I never would have guessed would be into it.

AngryMoth

I read the 2nd book having only seen season 1 and then went back to AGOT once I'd finished them all. I'd actually recommend this approach, I know I would have rushed the first book if I'd done it first because I was desperate to know what happens after it; I think I appreciated it a lot more by doing it last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom