• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geralt won't be the protagonist in Witcher 4, but he will be present, says voice actor

surprised desk GIF by South Park

Vlodril

I think they are going to offer a choice like in Cyberpunk 2077. Would make sense for a new school and probably setting.

Reactions: Isa

wipeout364

I think the create a character is probably the best guess. Cyberpunk used this approach more or less and I thought it worked great in that game.

Nickolaidas

Also, I expect some fat bitch to bash his skull in with a smith hammer or something, Ciri lecturing him on his white male privilege, Ciri being a full-on lesbian (although I think this was implied in the previous game as well).

Whatever. Game's gonna suck anyways and/or will be released after six years from now or something.

At this point the only traditional-like fantasy RPG I'm interested in is Project Awakening.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Reminder that CDPR hired a bunch of devs from Insomniac. Their investors probably didn’t like the resetera crowd (who doesn’t buy games btw) shitting on Cyberpunk for perceived slights to LGBT people.

• Thoughtful

StereoVsn

I think it was assumed that it would be a different character. I just hope they would allow a custom character creator vs having a “modern audience” character.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm ok when its Ciri
Not a real Witcher as she did not pass all the trials or underwent mutations. Would not make sense for a Witcher 4.

I expect character creation. But if CDPR has been affected by the Mind Virus then I expect either the character creation to be centered around ugly characters or bad writing.

I did all the ending of Witcher 3, but I'm curious to ask you about this true ending.

Blood and Wine.
Not only did they put the look at camera at the end of the questline saying Geralt is pretty much done.

The little epilogue after that makes it clear its after the main story though you can start the expansion after a certain point (and spoil the main story). The final vineyard scene with Ciri is meant to take place after she becomes a Witcher with Geralt which arguably is the happy ending. Minute 3:09 btw.

cdpr wrote Geralt the happy ending he deserved so why would they go all punished Geralt in another Witcher game.

Top Bottom