• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geralt won't be the protagonist in Witcher 4, but he will be present, says voice actor

Hrk69

Gold Member
I don't know why some people act surprised here. It was known pretty much from the initial announcement that Geralt won't be the protagonist in new Witcher games.
Well, not everyone here is up to date with every single piece of gaming news that comes out.

So it's not strange for those people to act suprised

Rudius

A strong and brave woman of color mind you. More than likely with the current trend going on in gaming as of late. If so, it’s more than likely SBI was involved.
What about her reproduction capabilities? Can a strong and brave man impregnate her? Can she give birth through the vagina and breastfed the baby all the way to 2 years old?

What about her reproduction capabilities? Can a strong and brave man impregnate her? Can she give birth through the vagina and breastfed the baby all the way to 2 years old?
Going by the current trend once again, she will not want a man to impregnate her. She will despise men and will more than likely be a lesbian. Perfect lead character for todays games with an Insomniac lead writer.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Fans and journalists are the only one calling it The Witcher 4. CDPR literally had to clarify that it isn't "The Wither 4" on the twitter:

For now CDRP is referring to the game by its codename: Polaris. They literally added "A new saga begins" on the announcement graphic.

I mean it shows a Medallion from another Witcher school. It may as well be a Witcher 4.

timothet

I mean it shows a Medallion from another Witcher school. It may as well be a Witcher 4.
You are missing the point. I was responding to dude suggesting that the game shouldn't be named The Witcher 4 if Geralt won't be the protagonist in it.
The game is NOT named The Witcher 4(as per the twitt I linked). It's a new game saga. So it will be named The Witcher: New Saga or something like that implying that is not a continuation of Geralt's adventures.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
And they are going to piss all over Geralt to prop her up. It´s not going to work, and they are going to accuse bigot fans for their failure.

I´ve seen this happen so many times before (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc...)
Probably going to make a Geralt 2.0 by either giving player character same mutations or stronger mutations and they survive them easily.

jason10mm

Gold Member
That is a weak point. The Witcher title isn't exclusive to him. There are other witchers beside him.
Plus CDPR would have to expand the universe of that game, if they want to keep using it.

Also, when did using a new character become a stigma? Did people suddenly become crybabies? Getting offended for introducing new stuff? They own the series and can do whatever the F they want with it.
Narratively Geralt is at the end of his world though. Monsters are gone, civilization has claimed almost all the wilderness, it's basically played out.

We need a new conjunction to wreck shit again or go back to the more wild times. The strength of the series is in the little mythology tales anyway, the main 'plot' as it was never the draw I don't think.

For as much as this place loves to make fun of Reeeera (they do deserve it), some of you guys can be just as bad my god lmao.
I find it interesting. Two places that funnel all new topics to the same 3 conversational points.

It feels like a social experiment and some of the thread creators are in on it too.

We're 100% playing a woman in their next game.
Question is, will it actually be a woman? Or is it a male protagonist with a female character model and voice.

Think Yeah Right GIF by Saweetie

Švejk

Banned
Guess I have more interest in the W1 Remake now if anything...

Honestly though, I feel CDPR got too big and popular (pretty quickly), and that only means the rats already nested themselves there in the corner to pull whatever strings and influence.

feynoob

Banned
Narratively Geralt is at the end of his world though. Monsters are gone, civilization has claimed almost all the wilderness, it's basically played out.

We need a new conjunction to wreck shit again or go back to the more wild times. The strength of the series is in the little mythology tales anyway, the main 'plot' as it was never the draw I don't think.
They can do prequel or time skip. The world of the witcher is interesting and could be their new elder scroll series.

Top Bottom