• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So what's the best way to level up at the moment? I want to try and get this level 100 trophy out the way before I finish off the others so it isn't left and I have to spend ages grinding after everything else is done.

You have to use the backfire from the exhaust to ignite the gasoline.

You can do that???

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Ji66a-Man

I put them on inaccesible roofs. :)

If they're far away enough from their personal vehicle, they can call their mechanic to deliver it instead. Destroying it increases the chances of the player calling in the insurance claim and spawing the vehicle in the Mors lot for another airlift run.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If they're far away enough from their personal vehicle, they can call their mechanic to deliver it instead. Destroying it increases the chances of the player calling in the insurance claim and spawing the vehicle in the Mors lot for another airlift run.

Ah, I didn't know that. I usually put them on the roof of whatever apartment they're hiding in.

wizzbang

Banned
there should be a free-roam deathmatch mode.

What there SHOULD be is Coop focused servers with player "map hub" death set to fucking passive, ALL DM maps disabled, ALL Last man Standing, DISABLED - have it focused on the cooop / sp feeling missions which is what I care about.

I can't play online version because so many people just want to shoot,a lamelly

You can do that???

There's a great series of YouTube videos called "GTAV Mythbusters" They will all blow your mind. Backfire from the exhaust will light it, also sparks from blown out tires. Rain puts out fires. In a pinch and on fire? Drive through a collection of water and it'll douse the flames (like on the Vespucci Beach)

I finally unlocked Crate Drops yesterday, but it seems now that Armored Trucks don't appear anymore.

Before that, I was always seeing 2 or 3 Armored Trucks every time I was playing multiplayer.

So, did I screwed myself by unlocking Crate Drops?

Never once seen an armored truck... Do they appear as blips on the map?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Been giving GTAO a rest for a while. I'll get back online in the next few days. Don't fret fellow crew members I've not abandoned you, yet.

Level 90 now but may stop when I reach level 100. Unless there's some news about new content though (i guessing there will be in the not to distant future)

I wonder how job payouts/rewards will work in the content editor... I can't see them allowing the creator to set a payout on it because then somebody would make a point to point race that rewards $9000 and 1000 RP and it's only 1 point, taking 10 seconds.

Maybe all created content has a $0 reward and low RP reward unless Rockstar picks it in their curated content list, and then they assign the reward

Oh fucking hell. I slowly made it to level 56 after having my level 92 one destroyed by Rockstar. I keep getting a message that reads "unable to load character 2." I've been able to load my character after getting that prompt before, but that mixed with cloud server issues is giving me a real bad case of deja vu. Anyone else have trouble logging in right now?

zma1013

Haha. Loved the part near the end when he spends 90% of the time trying to commute to the moving target.

Sums a lot of the crap design issues. Wish it included the crap matchmaking and load times. Tired of racing with this now skeleton of 1 other person out of 15 available where no one else joins? Well let's make you reload the free roam map before you can choose to join a different race with new people, just to load a different areas race, only to get kicked by a crew who is boosting and get sent back into free roam. Just to try again, and be put back into criminal records with 2 other people.

Tired of racing? Any of the team deathmatch games are almost always uneven since you can't get a full lobby before a match ever. Parachuting? Lets do it with guns making it so you can float for a long ass time only to get shot near the end and not make the landing, giving you no money and minimal xp. Survival? Due to crap sharp shooting AI, armor with the resilience of a wet paper bag and AI that materializes behind you, the only real strategy is to find the perfect camping spot and fire from safety.

It's the above that finally made me stop playing. Too much of a hassle, and free roam ain't that great unless you have friends to back you up. I'll check it out again when the stimulus comes and for the free dlc

I hear you brother. Same complaints I have.

shermas

I hear you brother. Same complaints I have.

the moving target missions are pretty brutal.

I'm still enjoying the online game... it's fun running around and causing havoc. I was driving around the city this morning, saw some dude in a shoot out with the cops, pulled up, honked my horn, drove him out of trouble, then spent about 20 minutes robbing stores together. All without a mic. We split some money at the end. Good times.

zaxon

Went back into a free roam after doing a survival and had a bounty on me. Lots of dudes in the free roam come after me. I'm trying to find a train to start up a 5star rampage with all my chain gun ammo from the survival, but the other guys keep chasing me. So, I start fighting back and kill them a bunch of times. One of them gets real mad and spews the usual racist twat bullshit. I get a good laugh at that, especially after I kill him again.

Then, 2 minutes later: "You've been kicked from the session."

Kicked back to single player, losing all the weapons and ammo I farmed in survival, because a couple crybabies got killed.

Brilliant, R*, brilliant.

shermas

What's the best way to get a 5 star wanted level? I keep getting four stars at the military base, but I either die or can't cause enough carnage to get it up to five.

I'd like to get up to 5, then get away from it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is there a way to get rid of one of the free elegys? I can't sell them and I have 2. I don't want to risk losing the one I modded.

The only way I can think is just full up my garage and then replace the one I don't want after I get the garage full

KAP151

Is there a way to get rid of one of the free elegys? I can't sell them and I have 2. I don't want to risk losing the one I modded.

The only way I can think is just full up my garage and then replace the one I don't want after I get the garage full

Destroy it and dont call Mors Insurance?

zaxon

What's the best way to get a 5 star wanted level? I keep getting four stars at the military base, but I either die or can't cause enough carnage to get it up to five.

I'd like to get up to 5, then get away from it.

There are probably better ways, but I've used these two methods:

Easiest is to drive around the freeway (make sure you have bulletproof tires) looking for the orange RON oil trucks. Sometimes they spawn incessantly, and blowing them up will get you stars fast. If they aren't spawning and you have money to burn you can try throwing grenades and stickies at other cars. Just make sure you keep moving so the cops can't shoot you too much, it gets very hectic at 4 stars. Once you get 5 stars, head downtown and look for an underground train entrance to hide in.

The other method is finding a train, hopping on, and attacking any traffic you pass. (If your wanted level starts to blink because the cops can't keep up, use something loud like a grenade to tell them where you are.) Once you get three stars start shooting down helicopters till you get up to 5. Make sure you bring tons of ammo and snacks to heal up with -- you'll need it. To escape, just hop off the train while it's in a long tunnel and wait. This method is a lot of fun once you get helicopters to show up, but finding the train and building stars can be frustrating. I'd recommend looking around the tracks near Franklin's neighborhood/the docks as the train that spawns there seems to have a nice, long route around the map.

Maddocks

I heard a rumor that they don't show in a lobby if someone is too low level. I kind of believe it because there's that glitch that when they do show up, lately, they spawn ad infinitum.

I think its actually you can only have one global thing on the map at a time. So if there is a crate on the map you cant have a truck or a high value car. A lot of times when I have a armored truck and rob it a crate will show up and once someone gets the crate the trucks will show back up.

E92 M3

Been a while since I played, so decided to pop it in and to no surprise it took me 4 tries to get a full lobby. Once I was in, though, people started leaving anyway. Tried running around free roam, but just wasn't having any fun :(. Man, I really want to love the online, but it's getting hard. Anyone in the same drought currently?

Imm0rt4l

Been a while since I played, so decided to pop it in and to no surprise it took me 4 tries to get a full lobby. Once I was in, though, people started leaving anyway. Tried running around free roam, but just wasn't having any fun :(. Man, I really want to love the online, but it's getting hard. Anyone in the same drought currently?

It's getting stale for sure.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
What sort of time are you playing at? I play a bit most mornings (JST) and usually get a semi-full lobby.

Had a great bounty hunt today where the guy parked himself up on Mt. Chiliad. Called Merryweather to take me up there in a heli, and started to rain AK fire on him while he took off on his bike. Eventually I parachuted out and was drifting down (at surprising speed), spraying with the uzi. He evaded my pursuit from the air, and we took it to the road, which ended up with him going back up the mountain... This time I stole a BF Injection, and almost made it to him - had a little shootout half-way. When I had to give chase again I got a bit too over-zealous and ended up blowing myself to smithereens.
So he got away in the end as I had to go, but it was good fun.

Even when friends aren't around, I wouldn't call that stale.

Imm0rt4l

What sort of time are you playing at? I play a bit most mornings (JST) and usually get a semi-full lobby.

Had a great bounty hunt today where the guy parked himself up on Mt. Chiliad. Called Merryweather to take me up there in a heli, and started to rain AK fire on him while he took off on his bike. Eventually I parachuted out and was drifting down (at surprising speed), spraying with the uzi. He evaded my pursuit from the air, and we took it to the road, which ended up with him going back up the mountain... This time I stole a BF Injection, and almost made it to him - had a little shootout half-way. When I had to give chase again I got a bit too over-zealous and ended up blowing myself to smithereens.
So he got away in the end as I had to go, but it was good fun.

Even when friends aren't around, I wouldn't call that stale.

There's a lot of fun to be had for sure, I think I just had a slump for the past 2 days. Haven't been able to play with friends and I'm usually not one to instigate online, I'm more vengeful than anything. Also, I realize that I've unlocked every mission so far so I have a little less to look forward to except replaying them when ever I feel like and people are willing to join.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough. I guess if you feel you've exhausted everything all you can do is muck about with friends, wait for the new content and see if it sticks.

Hey GAF gang. I just finished moving so I'll be back on tonight or tomorrow. I have all my stuff out but I'm too lazy to hook it up yet : )

torontoml

Just became a bad sport, accidentally blew up a crew members car while trying to kill myself on a mission. Shit sucks, guess I won't be playing with you guys for a couple days.

Top Bottom