• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Same reason I'm not a fan of Ridgeline/Timberland not to mention the bases are terrible. Something like Avalanche you had several entrances into a base, including a nice portal if people were turtling the outside. In Timberland/Ridgeline this is not so.
The base designs stem from Sidewinder, anyways, but with Avalanche/Ridgeline they made revisions based on new changes to gameplay. Only difference is Avalanche's teleporter inside, which could've been good or bad depending how you look at. I wish the actual base inside was larger than it was, because once you go back through from the outside you're right in the grenade hole. Would have preferred a Sidewinder base but the teleporter up top and the man-cannon could have launched you right beside the top entrance.

Brings up my hope for them to make changes to the current teleporter. Often times in Reach/3's version you'll go in, but you can't go back in until you step a few feet away out. Plus it removed telefragging to counter people who loved to camp teleporters.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Is there suppose to be something after the colon?

I was going to put mine, which is Valhalla.

Sandtrap
Construct
Epitaph
Ghosttown
Isolation
Longshore
Narrows
Sandbox
Snowbound
Standoff

Take your pick.

...no Valhalla?

And I've always wanted to know what Narrow's problem was. When I think about the marginal amount of fun I had in H3, Narrows is there with the Pit and Guardian.

Remake from H3 that would make you rage the most:

Epitaph, Snowbound and Isolation are maps that come to mind. So bad.

And for the decent maps in Reach, I'd say:
non DLC
Zealot
Powerhouse
Countdown
Asylum
DLC
Anchor 9
Tempest
Condemned
Highlands
Beaver Creek
Timberland
Headlong
Damnation

So that is 4 decent Reach stock maps and 8 DLC maps that are decent. So that leaves us with 12 crappy maps (counting the launch forge world maps with that) and a whole bunch of forge world maps (and those suck most of the time)

I was going to put mine, which is Valhalla.

...no Valhalla?

And I've always wanted to know what Narrow's problem was. When I think about the marginal amount of fun I had in H3, Narrows is there with the Pit and Guardian.

You liked Narrows but not Valhalla.

Leave this thread, now.

Havok

You liked Narrows but not Valhalla.

Leave this thread, now.
I don't think either are very good. Do I win a prize?
Valhalla is aight. I'd have it before just about every Reach BTB map.
That's not saying a whole lot. The practically unassailable nature of the hill and Pelican soured Valhalla for me almost entirely.
Crappy spawns, mostly. Very easy to hold the points to trap people.

Retro

Do not want:
Construct - Hey everyone, let's run into the lifts, what's the worst that could happen?
Isolation - Hey we got the top of the hill oh we lost the top of the hill of we got the top of the hill.
Sand Trap - Barf
Snowbound/Boundless - Hey, one room filled with dead people and grenades, neat.

Halo 3 Maps I wouldn't rage over but don't necessarily want:
Guardian
Narrows

Halo 3 Maps I Want, preferably with some changes
High Ground - Crawl space needs to just be an actual entry point, no laser.
The Pit
Last Resort - Use Zanzibar, actually.
Valhalla - Flatten that Hill, no laser.

Karl2177

Is anyone aside from Hyper and zerofire online? I can't join their game for some reason, and I'm getting awfully tired of playing with terrible randoms.

I'm on now doing dlc achievements if you are interested.
I'm in with this now. If anyone else wants to join message Karl2177 or CyReN CE.

Arnie

As far as what appears to be part of your visor in shot, I'm not that big a fan, seems like one of those inclusions that would be detrimental to actual gameplay. It's an addition that would look cool initially but fall flat after 10 hours.

Seems stupid drawing anything from that clip though, and regardless those who've seen the game are probably laughing at said analysis.

just want funday monday

Karl2177

As far as what appears to be part of your visor in shot, I'm not that big a fan, seems like one of those inclusions that would be detrimental to actual gameplay. It's an addition that would look cool initially but fall flat after 10 hours.

Seems stupid drawing anything from that clip though, and regardless those who've seen the game are probably laughing at said analysis.

just want funday monday

Day[9] plays Halo?

Why would I like a map that's basically KotH with a lazer?

At least Narrows has some interesting shooting angles.
I'm sure "interesting" is not the word most would use, though :p

Narrows. Interesting shooting angles. Really? Narrows was some shit ass Quake wannabe.

Hey Demon!

There are only 75 Saturday badges for PAX East left. So order now! I just want to remind you.

Wow, thanks for the warning! I'm gonna try and see what I can do. Here's hoping.

Man, I wish 343 would Re-release this map for Halo 4.

For those of you who don't have H2v it's called District. It's an official multiplayer map that's partly a remake of the courtyard that you fight in after chief lands on earth in the second level of halo 2, but a little less destroyed and expanded.

Playing Halo 2 at these high resolutions and 60 frames is pretty sick, I can't wait to see what the xbox 720 can handle and in 3D!

Come to think of it, just the view in my scope is a much higher resolution than the xbox could render the full screen at.

May as well show you the other H2v map your missing out on, Uplift:

I would kill for slightly buffed versions of the Halo 2 Magnum in Halo 4.

So, dual wielding with two-handed weapon starts in Halo 4, what do you guys think?

Wow, both of those Halo 2 Vista maps look pretty cool, its too bad they didn't get a console release.

This was posted in the Halo 4 thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35694408&postcount=4717

Come on, HaloGaf! Stay on top of things! I don't want to have to visit the gaming side for H4 info. :p

Hm, what do they plan on showing? Maybe they just plan to break the embargo? Or maybe they think it ends then? Haha

Striker

Valhalla - Flatten that Hill, no laser.
Rather have:

jODpENtpRnApw.jpg

Arnie

lol Epitaph is by far the last map from Halo 3 I want to be remade for Halo 4

Most infuriating Doubles map ever. Easy to just take the lead and sit behind shield doors with CQC power weapons.

I wouldn't mind a Narrows remake, quite enjoy MLG CTF on that, although The Pit is probably my most wanted remake. In my opinion it's the best map in the series.

Of course none of this matters if the gameplay is vastly different to Halo 3, like Reach was. In that case forget remakes and start with fresh map ideas that suit the gameplay.

Arnie

Yeah I'm guessing that's going to be used for armored core-like maneuvering during whatever zero-g segments there are but not be a part of the game.

I enjoy Halo as frantic and fast paced as possible, it's why I play MLG mostly. In that respect the prospect of thruster based BR battles has me bursting at the seams. Need to temper such expectations though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom