• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I don't see any situation where Priest can even be relevant.

If Priest has Dragon Priest as their best deck with the new dragon cards and it's considered usable... all the tempo decks are going to out tempo it just like they have now.

If Barnes is good enough to make Nzoth Priest good... other classes will also use Nzoth decks and that will make Renolock return and bully Priest out again by winning the control match up.

And if Nzoth decks are good then that means Miracle Rogue comes back which craps on Priests.

Blizzard is banking on some jank Herald Voladjz Nzoth deck where you use a bunch of resurrects to return your deathrattle minions and always manage to have some board so that Herald hits something relevant most of the time. And then use silence on your Barnes/Voladj minion to get value/tempo in.

Nordicus

Priest Minion: Onyx Bishop

5 Mana: 3/4 - Battlecry, summon a minion that died this game
Works well with injured blademaster, but way too fucking slow. Blizzard still didn't give a 2 mana card for priest, cunts.
LOL! So priest got a crappier version of Duelyst's Keeper of the Vale! That card restricted effect to friendly minions
HIoKyHj.png
And even Keeper of the Vale isn't really played except by the faction that can essentially ramp into an early Magnataur Alpha with Charge. It dies, then you Keeper one back.

Then again, priest minions suck so it might be an improvement to summon a random enemy minion EleGiggle

ViviOggi

They're not even trying anymore, the only actual pieces of removal in the set are Mage and Shaman portal, and they're both designed as minion tempo cards. Game is done.

fertygo

I think aside Tiger + Warden degenerate combo, Beast druid minion maybe still too weak to trade with other stronger aggresive/tempo deck

I still holding a hope Token Druid still the chosen Druid deck, not another hunter BS

I don't think it'll hurt too much, Warrior has no problem pinging for 1 with Ravaging Ghoul (or whatever) before swinging.

its will leave another minion if everything on curve tho, its the best turn 2 that they hoping for

Dahbomb

5 mana 3/4 with powerful effect is a lot better in Hearthstone than in Duelyst, stat for stat.

Like in HS, a 5 mana 5/6 are premium stats... in Duelyst for 5 mana 4/9 or 5/8 is premium stats.

They're not even trying anymore, the only actual pieces of removal in the set are Mage and Shaman portal, and they're both designed as minion tempo cards. Game is done.
They got the Warrior weapon removal and the Dragon 6 mana removal.

But yeah this is the worst set when it comes to removal and AOE. Which pretty much means faster meta and more tempo minion oriented game play.

FeD.nL

LOL! So priest got a crappier version of Duelyst's Keeper of the Vale! That card restricted effect to friendly minions
And even Keeper of the Vale isn't really played except by the faction that can essentially ramp into an early Magnataur Alpha with Charge. It dies, then you Keeper one back.

Then again, priest minions suck so it might be an improvement to summon a random enemy minion EleGiggle

Well it is interesting that the card lacks the ´random´ keyword.

Actual Graveyard filtering is pretty nice assuming that they did not mess up the wording on the card.

But Resurrect for example explicitly states random friendly minion:

14461.png

5 mana 3/4 with powerful effect is a lot better in Hearthstone than in Duelyst, stat for stat.

Like in HS, a 5 mana 5/6 are premium stats... in Duelyst for 5 mana 4/9 or 5/8 is premium stats.

They got the Warrior weapon removal and the Dragon 6 mana removal.

But yeah this is the worst set when it comes to removal and AOE. Which pretty much means faster meta and more tempo minion oriented game play.

it looks like theyre phasing out any strict spell dmg/aoe cards and favoring things w/ bodies attached so I doubt they'll print out any real AOE or strict spell removal cards

zoukka

That Knight of the Feast is a solid anti-aggro card for priest. The stats are awesome.

Blizzard are pulling a Shaman with Beast Druid. Like they are fed up with the fact that Beast Druid hasn't been real since TGT so now they are giving them a god curve because all else has failed.

That new 6 mana card is like one tier below Call of the Wild/Dr Boom/MC. The 6 mana card kinda requires a good beast on the board to be good, those other cards don't. But if you pull it off you will win the game.

So just like Hunter, Druid's game plan revolves around one card now. Survive and make sure you have a beast in play before turn 6. With potentially 6 stealth beasts, that's not that difficult to accomplish.

TBF only tiger is the true bomba here. Nobody cares about a cloned 3/2.

But still, it's a badly designed card following the bad design of call of the wild. Instead of everyone playing deathrattles that endlessly trade into each other, we now play fatties with ridiculous stats for their cost trading endlessly to each other.

Well it is interesting that the card lacks the ´random´ keyword.

Actual Graveyard filtering is pretty nice assuming that they did not mess up the wording on the card.

But Resurrect for example explicitly states random friendly minion:

14461.png

the way they talk about it in the reveal makes it seem like it's resurrect and brings back a random minion but who knows

Pooya

that druid card is like Ram Wrangler but without much stat penalty and you know exactly what you will get from it. Even Ram Wrangler was played to some extent, 5 mana 3/3 maybe I get King Crush and win but mostly I'm going to get meh results, vs this...Like if this hits a 3/2, 2/5 or whatever you won't be sad exactly. You won't be sad with this card ever actually.

seemsgood.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
This expansion is such a clusterfuck. Blizzards internal culture is so insanely far off from the rest of the semiserious non soccer mom playerbase. "When were playing our weird jackoff clown fiesta decks internally, the one guy whos actually good at the game still beats us with priest. Priest is better than people think."

Get some people on the team that fundamentally understand why classes are weak or strong to balance cards. If it's some majority vote thing on balance decisions and card creation, fire the half of the team that are incompetent. There are probably a minority of competent team members who spoke out or hinted at how problematic this was that kind of hate their jobs right now. The fact that this was pushed through is indicative of major problems that need immediate addressing.

This is a complete nightmare.

Szadek

In the stream they actually mention to "combo" of ancient watcher and purify.
A 2 card combo for 4 mana to get a fucking yeti for 4 mana, how impressive.

fertygo

that card need to be 1 mana and either can target enemy or for all friendly minion for even playable for meme/troll deck

Nordicus

"When were playing our weird jackoff clown fiesta decks internally, the one guy whos actually good at the game still beats us with priest. Priest is better than people think."
"Fuck Charlie, always beating everyone with Priest during Bring Your Meme Deck To Work Day"

Ladekabel

Whenever we get an alternate Priest hero portrait it better be pretty fucking good. If not they can remove the class from the game.

that card need to be 1 mana and either can target enemy or for all friendly minion for even playable for meme/troll deck

It would be alright if it didn't say friendly imo. Don't know if it would see play but it wouldn't be meme bad.

Pooya

I have Rogue deck ideas that are probably bad.

1) Like you have a 1/1 a 2/2 and a 3/2 that add cards to your hand, so if you hit the curve, your hand size just goes up every turn despite playing things. Hand Rogue bois, curve into twilight drake and mountain giant, OP. yeah don't think so...

2) Pirate rogue! This 1/1 is a pirate, you now have access to 3 different 1 drop pirates, all of which are pretty ok. Maybe you can get value out of shady dealer? Fork is kinda interesting here too, you can play the 2/5 pirate to play the fork for 1. If you want to curve, you can play a 3 mana weapon then play dread corsair for 1. These tempo curves are all pretty good I think...they're just not good against what other tempo decks have so I guess it's bad! I try pirates every set, well, one more time, probably last chance for pirate rogue.

In the stream they actually mention to "combo" of ancient watcher and purify.
A 2 card combo for 4 mana to get a fucking yeti for 4 mana, how impressive.

well, that's like innervating a yeti out... except that innervate is good with many things and this card is only good with watcher :p

playing two bad cards to make something good is a bad idea!

Ladekabel

2 cards + 4 mana to get 4/5. You draw one card, so in total you spent 1 card and 4 mana to get 4/5 on board.

Or how about I just use Yeti instead and use that second card slot for something else.

Yeti + Power Word: Shield = 4/7 plus card draw. But that sucks because it's 5 mana.

Yeti + Power Word: Shield = 4/7 plus card draw. But that sucks because it's 5 mana.

But the Purify + Ancient watcher is worse than playing a Yeti, because if you only draw one of the cards in that combo, it will be a dead card that does nothing. The fact that you have to draw a combo makes this a worse play than just playing a Yeti. In fact, purify + ancient watcher is like a yeti that takes TWO card slots in your deck. It's bad.

Then there is the purify + eerie statue. 4 mana 7/7 with overload 2 on next turn! WOO! Except it's a combo and once again if you only draw one of those cards, it will be a dead card that does nothing to help you. And priest didn't need a turn 4 play, we have tons of turn 4 plays. We needed a turn 2 play. That you can potentially have a 4/5 by turn 3 is negated by fact that it's a combo that you will NOT be drawing into reliably that early in the game.

And that's the only two cases I could ever see myself using purify in. It's a dead card that can be combined with another dead card to produce 4 mana 4/5 or 6 mana 7/7. Why would I ever use that 2-card combo instead of just dropping a yeti or a boulderfist ogre?

I'm ready to keep playing until I hit the hamburglar dream, regardless of how consistent the deck ends up. Turn 1 Swashburglar, turn 2 Huckster, turn 3 Raptor on Huckster, turn 4 Tomb Pillager, turn 5 Prep+Burgle play Peddler. Reduces cost of 5 cards by 2. The base stat line on that curve isn't bad either.
'
EDIT: revised dream, instead of Tomb Pillager on turn 4, play Brann + 2nd Swashburglar. Then Brann somehow survives 1 turn and you get 7 cards reduced by 4. Awww yeaaa.

I somehow forgot to subscribe to the newest edition of this thread and haven't posted here in ages due to that. Went to find it to discuss Priest stuff and was sad when I realized my error.

Summary: I play Priest as a main and will just be staying in Wild. I've found a ton of success in Wild as Priest and see no reason to click that scary ass Standard button, even after Karazhan.

Ladekabel

But the Purify + Ancient watcher is worse than playing a Yeti, because if you only draw one of the cards in that combo, it will be a dead card that does nothing. The fact that you have to draw a combo makes this a worse play than just playing a Yeti. In fact, purify + ancient watcher is like a yeti that takes TWO card slots in your deck. It's bad.

Then there is the purify + eerie statue. 4 mana 7/7 with overload 2 on next turn! WOO! Except it's a combo and once again if you only draw one of those cards, it will be a dead card that does nothing to help you. And priest didn't need a turn 4 play, we have tons of turn 4 plays. We needed a turn 2 play. That you can potentially have a 4/5 by turn 3 is negated by fact that it's a combo that you will NOT be drawing into reliably that early in the game.

And that's the only two cases I could ever see myself using purify in. It's a dead card that can be combined with another dead card to produce 4 mana 4/5 or 6 mana 7/7. Why would I ever use that 2-card combo instead of just dropping a yeti or a boulderfist ogre?

Dead+Dead = Alive!

Dude, I wasn't being serious. Purify will see play for some Youtube meme decks or we might see it in a Trolden video. At least that makes it better than Demonfuse.

Pooya

If renounce darkness was a rogue card, you could build one awesome meme deck. You might still get a renounce darkness sometime. The possibilities are endless.

edit: getting renounce darkness actually does nothing, dreams are dead.

Furo

Blizz will be really happy with the decisions by the the dumb HS designers and their even more dumb chief ben laughing brode when they realise at the end of the year that the player numbers are dropping A LOT.
The meta was already really crap (with people stop playing) and it will only get worse with karazhan.
Dunno how a design team can be so incompetent while the game is still making tons of money

Interfectum

Blizz will be really happy with the decisions by the the dumb HS designers and their even more dumb chief ben laughing brode when they realise at the end of the year that the player numbers are dropping A LOT.
The meta was already really crap (with people stop playing) and it will only get worse with karazhan.
Dunno how a design team can be so incompetent while the game is still making tons of money

These meltdowns are getting comical now.

zoukka

Well unlike you might think, balancing a TCG is one of the hardest things to pull off in game design.

Nordicus

We need to go danker when thinking about uses for Purify.

Cho Mill Priest, you use it on Coldlight Oracle, Elise Starseeker, or a Northshire Cleric that's drawn you enough cards, when you have a Cho on board. Memes on memes on memes

Szadek

Well unlike you might think, balancing a TCG is one of the hardest things to pull off in game design.
True, but they made several, easily avoidable mistakes.
I think people are overestimating how much a potentially subpar expansion would actually hurt Blizzard's numbers.
That's correct. The game is going to be alright.
Not that it matters to me, unless the karazan turns out much better than expected or the next expansion is great, I'm done with the game.

Finalow

I think Arcane Giant is going to be insane, basically the new Molten Giant for Mage/Druid or whatever other decks use a lot of spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom