• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have enough to make pirate warrior. Only need N'zoth first mate?

Any deck suggestion for that?

That deck Levi posted above is pirate aggro warrior. Add Grommash for the closer maybe?

Killing Zoo on turn 5 when he never got more than 2 minions on board is all sorts of fun.

scarlet

That deck Levi posted above is pirate aggro warrior. Add Grommash for the closer maybe?

Killing Zoo on turn 5 when he never got more than 2 minions on board is all sorts of fun.

Oh I actually read that. Already crafted 2 N'zoth 1st mate and still need 2 alexstrasza's champ and 2 mortal strike and leeroy. Maybe could replace him with Gromm

Need 2 blood of ichor and 1 horserider.

Have enough dust for all of those. Thank you Nat Pagle

fertygo

Oh I actually read that. Already crafted 2 N'zoth 1st mate and still need 2 alexstrasza's champ and 2 mortal strike and leeroy. Maybe could replace him with Gromm

Need 2 blood of ichor and 1 horserider.

Have enough dust for all of those. Thank you Nat Pagle

Put Inner Rage for Grom enrager IMO

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lol, Yogg mage mirror, we both played useless Yoggs, dude has super obvious lethal (I have 12, he has an azure drake and a roaring torch plus hero power), he decides to clear my board. I top deck roaring torch for the win.

for a guy that has no epics shaman isn't all that great. Pirate warrior is probably better than face hunter though
Oh, I thought he meant no Wild epics. If no epics or legendaries at all, then yeah, Pirate Warrior is where it's at - surprisingly good deck.

I have enough to make pirate warrior. Only need N'zoth first mate?

Any deck suggestion for that?
Like, to replace First Mate?

Freeze Mage auto lose to Priest?

Sounds like the match up is being played incorrectly.
Because all Priests run Eater of Secrets in Wild. I lost two matches against Priests because they ate my Ice Block and I had lethal next turn. Also, with Shifting Shade becoming a staple in Priest decks, I've had opponents get Ice Block as well. :-(

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh, I thought he meant no Wild epics. If no epics or legendaries at all, then yeah, Pirate Warrior is where it's at - surprisingly good deck.

Because all Priests run Eater of Secrets in Wild. I lost two matches against Priests because they ate my Ice Block and I had lethal next turn. Also, with Shifting Shade becoming a staple in Priest decks, I've had opponents get Ice Block as well. :-(

I did mean no wild epics.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
mxcQnlC.jpg

ilu frothing berserker

Dahbomb

Secret Eater is not a Priest exclusive thing (minus getting Ice Block which is such a low percentage play).

scarlet

Put Inner Rage for Grom enrager IMO

I did. I replace 1 mortal strike for 1 inner rage

Already crafted N'zoth 1st mate.

4-3 so far with this deck. The problem is zoo and card draw.

Does the faerie dragon serve you well in that deck?

I believe the reasoning is for synergy w/ alexstraza's champion since it's a great two drop if it gets the buff, and that it's still an alright two drop that is safe from lightning bolt, slam, and bash. The main thing that deck wins w/ is buffed weapons from upgrade and cultist.

I did mean no wild epics.

then yea shaman is gonna be good, but if you can make secret paladin just play that honestly

I'm not good playing this pirate warrior.
Maybe you are trading too much. The deck is mostly aggro. Like with any aggro deck, you need to decide when you give up the board and just hammer face. The only difficult decision in the deck is how to use your weapons.

scarlet

Maybe you are trading too much. The deck is mostly aggro. Like with any aggro deck, you need to decide when you give up the board and just hammer face. The only difficult decision in the deck is how to use your weapons.

I always end up with empty hand in the 1st 5 turns. And after that I can only pray for RNGsus giving me good draw.

Pooya

HotS, Overwatch and StarCraft II are all getting brand new better ranked modes.

Hearthstone, absolutely nothing rip, they don't even think they need to change it when legend player has to grind new players every season reset that lasts only one month.

All of those other games have 2.5 month seasons now, they are all doing the same thing and seeing how first competitive mode in Overwatch beta was pretty much hearthstone and how quickly Kaplan and co scrapped it, maybe this is some new company wide direction and hearthstone changes too.

HotS, Overwatch and StarCraft II are all getting brand new better ranked modes.

Hearthstone, absolutely nothing rip, they don't even think they need to change it when legend player has to grind new players every season reset that lasts only one month.

All of those other games have 2.5 month seasons now, they are all doing the same thing and seeing how first competitive mode in Overwatch beta was pretty much hearthstone and how quickly Kaplan and co scrapped it, maybe this is some new company wide direction and hearthstone changes too.
Actually, Brode was saying tonight that he is sympathetic to the huge climb competitive players have to do every season, and that they might change it in the future. Nothing certain, but there's something.

scarlet

My opponent missed lethal, He had sylvanas and 2 CoW.

Instead of killing me, he tried to steal my sea giant with sylvanas. Weird.

And of course once I crafted mortal strike I got another one from pack.

Heropon

Second time I'm not getting to rank 10 since the rewards came and it's again because I feel burnt and I can't play more than ten minutes without getting angry, so I suppose it's time for another break and see if I feel more positive when I return.

I hope priests remain low tier forever.

I have been working 54 hour weeks at work lately, and this game is a godsend for breaks. I actually prefer playing it in short burst then on my desktop and I end up saving so much more gold this way. I also feel like I play better at arena when I come back to a deck I'm losing at, rather then just keep powering through my ticket if I lose a round

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I want that golden epic but I'm still stuck in rank 10. Maybe next month. I'm really enjoying my tempo mage right now, hope to make the pirate warrior next.

Levi

Banned
Haven't seen anything but Shaman, hunter or zoo for 11 straight. I'm ready for a new expansion, this meta is probably the least diverse in history. Everything I'm facing is aggressive midrange play cards on curve. The hero powers change but the game plan doesn't.

I guess there are some warriors and druids out there but heaven forbid matchmaking shows me any.

cHinzo

Lol, Yogg used Thistle Tea when I was almost in fatigue and I ended up with 4 Call of the Wilds in my hand. :"D

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, Yogg used Thistle Tea when I was almost in fatigue and I ended up with 4 Call of the Wilds in my hand. :"D

The ultimate get of Jail Free card giving you 3 copies of the 2nd best get out of Jail Free card. A meme for the ages.

Levi

Banned
I've seen so much Druid not that much less than Shaman or Warrior

I guess I should keep playing--got a day off and was gonna try to climb ladder but after 11 games rotating between warlock zoo, shaman zoo and Hunter zoo... Lost my motivation. Maybe this shifter brawl will be fun.

Don't wait until the end of the month to climb ladder. I always have the most success in the middle of the month.

I tried out Pirate Warrior and it reminds me of old Face Hunter. Just always go face and pray that your opponent doesn't have Taunt. You're usually drawing dead by turn 5-6 so pray to topdeck lethal or concede. Finley would help.

I did win one game because my opponent got me low enough to get 2 extra damage from Mortal Strike.

After the newest Brode interview I think I am done with this game.

It's easier to nerf and buff in other games as you can do so at a much smaller level - micro changes.

Ben is hesitant to say yes to a tournament mode built into Hearthstone, it's a complicated issue with many different implementations.

Changing any number on a card is a major change and is more noticable.

Golden hero borders at 500 wins for the paid heroes aren't technically possible at this time due to the single image the entire hero backdrop uses

what in the fuck. All this bland PR bullshit und pure stupidity. This game won't get better any time soon. It will be a continous cycle of Expansion release, 1 week of fun, and then it will be a stale aggro meta with 4 to 5 decks again, with games that are over by turn 4.

Apathy

anyone care to explain why I keep playing this piece of shit game?

I get to play a mid range card and give it motw on an empty board, oh boy you'd think I'm ahead, nope, my opponent just happens to get a shifter that hits a keeper of the grove on the 1 card he can play, amazing isnt it?

Oh lets keep going in the same game, finally stabilizing again, finally get his board down to a weak card and my zerus decides to give me the beast, alright he'll finally have to trade or take damage, oh no, he has a mulch, because why should I get to actually have fun?

Every week it's some new bullshit.

anyone care to explain why I keep playing this piece of shit game?

I get to play a mid range card and give it motw on an empty board, oh boy you'd think I'm ahead, nope, my opponent just happens to get a shifter that hits a keeper of the grove on the 1 card he can play, amazing isnt it?

Oh lets keep going in the same game, finally stabilizing again, finally get his board down to a weak card and my zerus decides to give me the beast, alright he'll finally have to trade or take damage, oh no, he has a mulch, because why should I get to actually have fun?

Every week it's some new bullshit.

Brawl has no rules and is completely random. Competitive terminology (mid range, empty board, stabilizing) doesn't apply. If it looks bad, concede early and play again.

My brother told me about a brawl game he just had: way behind, only good card was Elise, plays Poison Seeds to stay alive, Shifter gives him the Corrupted Seer to clear the board, at 4 HP he draws Tree of Life, then Shifter gives him Alex, and he topdecks Golden Monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom