• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
When you're playing against a Reno mage and you kill them on turn 5. #JustPirateThings

Playing that F2P pirate deck on Asia trying to get a class to 20 so I can unlock tavern brawls.

Levi

Banned
What's your mulligan?

Like all Warriors, I'm looking for weapons.

Always keep: N'zoth First Mate, Fiery War Axe, Flame Juggler.

Conditional Keep: Upgrade (If I have a weapon), Southsea Deckhand (If I have a Weapon), Argent (If I have a 1 drop and a 2 drop already), Dread Corsair (if I have a Fiery War Axe).

Against Shaman I'll keep blood to Ichor if I have N'Zoth first mate and I'm going first, that way I can kill a T1 Trogg on my turn 2.

Levi

Banned
Oh you're not using the one you posted with alex's champ?

My Asia Region account is only one day old, so I'm playing this extremely cheap Pirate deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/579870-f2p-legend-on-a-new-account-in-3-days

My free packs + a 9 win arena got me more than enough dust to make this deck.

This is a fun cheap Warrior deck too that somebody got to legend f2p.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/577050-top-100-eu-asia-legend-lokshadow-f2p-otk-warrior

This is a more challenging deck to pilot than the Pirate deck I'm using, so a new player is probably better off with Pirates. The OTK deck is better for experienced players who want a cheap deck to play on other regions, experienced players who don't have Warrior epics, or ambitious new players who aren't scared of a challenge.

MMaRsu

Wow C'thun warrior is actually working pretty well.

Just threw some c'thun minions, 2 brawls, couple of taunts, revenge, bash etc, Malkorok

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Don't know how I have managed to go through so many WOTOG packs (both free and via arena) and still don't have the two cards that everybody seems to have in their C'Thun decks: Disciple and Vek'lor.

It's really annoying.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My Asia Region account is only one day old, so I'm playing this extremely cheap Pirate deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/579870-f2p-legend-on-a-new-account-in-3-days

My free packs + a 9 win arena got me more than enough dust to make this deck.

This is a more challenging deck to pilot than the Pirate deck I'm using, so a new player is probably better off with Pirates. The OTK deck is better for experienced players who want a cheap deck to play on other regions, experienced players who don't have Warrior epics, or ambitious new players who aren't scared of a challenge.

I like it because combo decks tend to be expensive. It is a different kind of deck that is cheap to try out.

Brawl is a bit buggy. History card text on a couple opponent drops said "Flame Leviathan" and that other card that does damage when you draw it, yet the actual card on the board isn't.

Also Nerubian Prophet's effect persists on the next card it becomes.

Brawl is a bit buggy. History card text on a couple opponent drops said "Flame Leviathan" and that other card that does damage when you draw it, yet the actual card on the board isn't.

I wonder if that's what the purpose of this brawl is - bug finding since they may not be getting enough people actually playing Shifter Zerus in their decks lol.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wonder if that's what the purpose of this brawl is - bug finding since they may not be getting enough people actually playing Shifter Zerus in their decks lol.

Buffs persist even when Shifter Zerus changes. That way cards like Thaurissan and Mistcaller still work. If they excluded certain buffs like Nerubian Prophet or Bolvar Fordragon there would be a lot of hardcoding and arbitrary rules, which is poor form.

Keasar

I just wanna unlock my fucking basic druid cards, every opponent I meet is some twat with 5 different legendary cards in their decks who just steamrolls over my pitiful deck of jackshit to do.

Levi

Banned
I just wanna unlock my fucking basic druid cards, every opponent I meet is some twat with 5 different legendary cards in their decks who just steamrolls over my pitiful deck of jackshit to do.

If you're under level 10, you should just face the Innkeeper to level up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey look, more shit. Surprise!

TOW79Fa.jpg

Cat Party

Play solo. Give the innkeeper Warlock. You can level up pretty quickly.

Mulgrok

my Reno-C'thun-Elise warrior is doing better at rank 6 than expected

It suffers against midrange decks with good draws, but other than that it holds up.

EDIT: it would probably do better if I had Gromm and Gorehowl.

Tarazet

Interesting, wonder if it's trying to play the text and bugging out.

Tacitus_

Wew lad, tried arena again and my 2nd match (at 1-0) was vs a paladin with a heal-rag, kel'thuzad and he discovered a 2nd kel'thuzad.

Won with 1 hp left since he died to fatigue, but goddamn. That ain't right.

patchday

This is a fun cheap Warrior deck too that somebody got to legend f2p.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/577050-top-100-eu-asia-legend-lokshadow-f2p-otk-warrior

Thanks!!! Will give this a try when I get a chance. I made a f2p pirate deck that only had 1 or 2 cards that were different (I am short 200 dust). Perhaps I was too stupid to find a reasonable substitute or I'm just super bad but I lost all my matches. Luckily I was practicing in Casual so no harm done. Just some hurt ego. I kept telling myself, "Hey cheer up its cause you're still pretty new and you're on NA- surrounded by folks with super decks"

Hmmm, been out of the game since OW came out basically. Been running a tempo rogue deck but I'm getting bored with it, plus it's a bit weak. I wonder what I should play... maybe malygos rogue... maybe something mage (non-freeze mage)... thoughts?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thanks!!! Will give this a try when I get a chance. I made a f2p pirate deck that only had 1 or 2 cards that were different (I am short 200 dust). Perhaps I was too stupid to find a reasonable substitute or I'm just super bad but I lost all my matches. Luckily I was practicing in Casual so no harm done. Just some hurt ego. I kept telling myself, "Hey cheer up its cause you're still pretty new and you're on NA- surrounded by folks with super decks"

Like Levi said, that deck isn't going to be easy to run. Lots of decisions, no standard on curve plays (aside from the best way to get yourself both card draw and board control) but it is definitely possible to make it work.

patchday

Thanks I will keep what Levi says in mind too. I didnt apply any strategy to my Muligan beyond trying to get low minions for early game. I see I should have applied a bit more thought

Keasar

Welp, 300 gold down the drain on Arena. Two tries. One win each.

That's it. I am obviously born too far on the fucking low end on the human DNA pool to even play a "casual" fucking card game. I know when it's time give up and stop before I get a feeling I should fucking end myself.

Tarazet

That's it. I am obviously born too far on the fucking low end on the human DNA pool to even play a "casual" fucking card game. I know when it's time give up and stop before I get a feeling I should fucking end myself.

Arena is ridiculous dude. I can't even imagine how people get the kind of results I hear about here. Next level card counting skills for sure.

Razakin

Did you draft the cards yourself, or did you use sites like Hearth Arena or Arena Drafts to help you pick up what cards to take?

Using those sites do help newcomers a bit to see what to pick up and so on. But guess the more pro players in here can give even better tips what to look for curve wise and so on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haven't been playing too much lately but just went for a last minute rank 10 and...at full stars with cthun warrior I got beat three games in a row to a RIDICULOUD yogg from the opponent that blew me out of the game. What a stupid fucking card.

Don't think I'm touching this again for the month.

patchday

Haven't been playing too much lately but just went for a last minute rank 10 and...at full stars with cthun warrior I got beat three games in a row to a RIDICULOUD yogg from the opponent that blew me out of the game. What a stupid fucking card.

Don't think I'm touching this again for the month.

yeah a mage used Yogg on me in ranked. Granted, I think I was losing before it was put into play but that card definitely brought our struggle to an end.

Did you draft the cards yourself, or did you use sites like Hearth Arena or Arena Drafts to help you pick up what cards to take?

Using those sites do help newcomers a bit to see what to pick up and so on. But guess the more pro players in here can give even better tips what to look for curve wise and so on.

been avoiding Arena cause I suck at deck building. But this seems very helpful.

I got a thistle tea off yogg, drew an arcane missiles... was pretty cool. Also got shadowform. I almost burned down the priest just from arcane missiles. Ended up having to finish them off next turn.

I have to admit, it's a pretty well made deck. The yogg drawing cards helps finish off a low opponent which apparently happens pretty often due to the amount of draw spells in the game. This makes forgotten torch work a bit more as well.

cHinzo

Welp, played Warrior for the first time and realized how much I suck with him. Those card playing order for Warriors man. Keep forgetting to draw with Slam or summon a 2/2 minion with Blood to Ichor, before hitting my face into a minion with my axe. >_> Maybe I just need to sleep.

Fishlake

That's alright. I don't touch arena with a ten foot pole right now.

I don't do well in it and there are way too many cards in the pool.

I prefer drafts when the pool is small.

Next month is dedicated to learning the ways of secret paladin did not have much time to play this week.

But first a return to Runescape Chronicles, since beginning of month.

Jrmint

Ladder is pure cancer right now. Was trying to get rank 5 and just running into constant face decks at rank 6. Really tilting.

God this brawl sucks ass. First person to RNG a good card wins.

At least Portal Brawl gave you the opportunity to pull something out of your ass with the cost reduction.

Got my quests done though so, whatever really.

KuroNeeko

This month was really rough, but I think it's my own fault for playing priest for most of it.

I started playing the Hotform Yogg-Miracle deck (despite railing at Miracle Rogue last month) and yeah, OK guys, its fun. lol Immediately went up from 16 to 13. I'll probably try to hit 10 during lunch.

Anyone play hotform's tempo mage list with yogg sauron? I might play that but I'll need to craft yogg first.

It's good but with two caveats:

1) There's RNG baked into the list. You'll need to calculate, and play, the odds. Even then, there will be times when you will lose to RNG (and vice-versa.)

2) It requires a lot of thought to pilot well. I didn't really make the connection until the first time I started playing Yogg-Miracle Rogue, but you have to be really aware of what is in your deck and how much potential damage you can crank out or draw into at any moment.

If you're the type of player that likes RNG, then you should craft Yogg. Yogg and N'zoth are, without a doubt, my two most played cards from WotG (along with Shifting Shade and Cabalist Tomb.)

400 dust it is. I at least got a flame imp for zoolock.
Enter the coliseum was my epic aka 400 dust.

I got 2 wings in gold stored up already.

AH looks AWESOME in gold!

Ladder is pure cancer right now. Was trying to get rank 5 and just running into constant face decks at rank 6. Really tilting.

People trying to sneak in those last minute ranks!

squidyj

Card idea:

"discard a neutral 1 mana card from your hand. It becomes your hero power"

(Hero power still costs 2)

your hero power is now abusive sergeant. summon a 2/1 for 1 that gives another friendly minion +2 attack this turn.

*looks at paladin hero power*

okay... i guess.

Fishlake

your hero power is now abusive sergeant. summon a 2/1 for 1 that gives another friendly minion +2 attack this turn.

*looks at paladin hero power*

okay... i guess.

Theoretically it would be a summon so the battle cry will not go off. So 1/1 leper gnomes or 1/2 2/1 taunts etc.

Would be an interesting effect especially if you discard a random 1 cost card.

I really hope we get field effect of some sort soon. I want my dragons to be raining hell on the enemy board.

squidyj

oh man arena though.

the number of times I've gone 0-2 just to clear out to 7+ wins is too damn high.
spent 5 turns at 2hp on my last game just getting some strong draws and playing carefully to avoid being lethaled while pushing for my own win.

Broken cards combos with this:
Injured Kvaldir
Lightwarden
Secret Keeper
In my thinking battlecrys would still trigger, so really just abusive sergeant would be op. But like I originally said, the hero power would still cost 2..... Secret keeper could be pretty op, though I'm not sure about lightwarden

Plus it's not like the card that swaps your hero power would cost 0 itself, I just don't have any idea what a balanced cost would be :)

In my thinking battlecrys would still trigger, so really just abusive sergeant would be op. But like I originally said, the hero power would still cost 2..... Secret keeper could be pretty op, though I'm not sure about lightwarden

Plus it's not like the card that swaps your hero power would cost 0 itself, I just don't have any idea what a balanced cost would be :)
Then I would say Elven Archer would also be OP.

patchday

wow man so much sadness in this thread. Maybe its always like this at end of month and folks realize they're not going to hit Legend? Seem like there was a lot of joy and positivity when I first started but maybe it was all a fabrication in my head (or it was the beginning of the month/season).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom