• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

is it just me or.. this game needs a couple of new game modes? most of the time I find myself thinking what to do after a couple of matches...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People who get angry at this game need to learn to play casually. Log in every couple of days, do your dailies, maybe do an arena run, pop out. I've been playing that way for a couple years now. The longer you spend playing the game in one sitting and the more serious you take it, the more likely you are to tilt.

New unbeatable Warlock combo I found out thanks to the Tavern Brawl!

Bolf Ramshield with two Mukla's Champions. When you Life Tap, Bolf takes the damage, but then gets healed back up by the Champions! EZ wins.

People who get angry at this game need to learn to play casually. Log in every couple of days, do your dailies, maybe do an arena run, pop out. I've been playing that way for a couple years now. The longer you spend playing the game in one sitting and the more serious you take it, the more likely you are to tilt.

This is how I do it. Been playing like this for a couple years and I have enough cards to build all of the decks. Have pretty good win rates in constructed and Arena with no stress.

Still bored of the game right now though. Second month in a row I have no motivation to make a rank 5 run.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
is it just me or.. this game needs a couple of new game modes? most of the time I find myself thinking what to do after a couple of matches...

I'd like to do arena more often but the part where you need to use gold to get in kills it for me since I'd rather use it on packs most of the time

Tacitus_

I really should count for lethal more often. Autopiloted for trading and missed lethal
or would've if Peddler hadn't given me a Soulfire. Unintended BM?

Also almost fucked up that match by burning my Ooze because I ended the turn with 10 cards in hand T_T

I really should count for lethal more often. Autopiloted for trading and missed lethal
or would've if Peddler hadn't given me a Soulfire. Unintended BM?

Also almost fucked up that match by burning my Ooze because I ended the turn with 10 cards in hand T_T

It's ridiculous how much damage Zoolock does, one game my opponent innervated Cthun to clear my board, I just ignored it and went for face long enough I could end the game with 2 soulfires despite having lost the board by a long shot.

Levi

Banned
Tilted at the ladder so I finally started an Asian Region Account. Currently 2-0 on my free run.. Haven't gotten my free old gods packs yet, though.

Tilted at the ladder so I finally started an Asian Region Account. Currently 2-0 on my free run.. Haven't gotten my free old gods packs yet, though.

Can't say for sure, but I think the free packs are a limited run promotion. I'd figure they would announce it while before it happened though.

Seems unlikely since the store still lists Old God packs as new, but maybe that never goes away till the next release.

Tarazet

I basically only play the Brawl nowadays. Arena is terrible, ladder is terrible, casual is terrible, Wild is terrible. At least the Brawl makes the RNG elements so obvious that you can't feel bad whatever happens.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think it's weird but they'll have to give away Cthun for like ever right? At least for as long as the pack exists in standard I'd imagine

Tacitus_

It's ridiculous how much damage Zoolock does, one game my opponent innervated Cthun to clear my board, I just ignored it and went for face long enough I could end the game with 2 soulfires despite having lost the board by a long shot.

Hah no, I was playing Reno C'thun. I'd played Jaraxxus and was a couple turns into fatigue and warrior had monkey'd. I traded into his Captain Greenskin without thinking. You don't get to 10 cards in hand while playing zoo.

They announced the end date, some time in July. That's why I started this account.

I ended you getting then when I relogged.

Oh, cool, good to know.

______

Also, wanted to throw this in my other post but eh.

My Current N'Zoth Hunter deck, having a lot of fun with it and so far it's gotten me to Rank 7(With a mix of Dragonfire Mage and Tempo Warrior). Nothing special but I find a deck I've tooled with successful if I can get to / past rank 10. It could probably be refined a bit more, but I enjoy how it works.

Au9o8v2.png

manhack

Second time I'm not getting to rank 10 since the rewards came and it's again because I feel burnt and I can't play more than ten minutes without getting angry, so I suppose it's time for another break and see if I feel more positive when I return.

I hope priests remain low tier forever.

I know how you feel. For as much as I've played this game there are times when it pisses me off to no end. If I feel myself getting mad at the game or upset then I take a break too. The only way I can play the game is to embrace the RNG or accept the losses as part of the process, else it becomes infuriating.

Yeah after being super serious about the game for so long this approach was the only way to keep me from not wanting to quit altogether.

Xanathus

I was playing brawl and my Knife Juggler came out as a 3/2. It had an effect text named "Retribution" on it that was giving it +1 attack. Anyone know where that effect came from? I played the Juggler from a Shifter Zerus from hand, the opponent used Eadric on my board the previous turn, and the effect had an icon with Eadric's portrait on it.

Levi

Banned
6-2 on my Asia server arena run. I flamestriked this Paladin on turns 7, 8 and 9.

He friended me after, and turns out he speaks English. Was ready for salt, he just wanted to say "lol".

Won my brawl pack cause my opponent never got on curve Zerus drops lol.

Won a second pack since I just got an android phone too.

Cenarius dropped, but I already have one so the dust was nice. Gonna save the dust since I have enough cards to make that legend in 3 days deck - may just play pirate warrior for the rest of the season :p

cHinzo

40 dust pack. -_- Oh well at least the game was quick. Turn 1 muster, turn 2 Seal of Champion and a Noble Sacrifice into concede. Didn't even get to play the Zerus lol. :<

This brawl mage and paladin are the top dogs, with mage edging out the paly because anyfincanhappen is 10 mana do nothing, and you don't get weapons. But man, summoning a few dudes with your left over mana helps curving out so much and they definitely add up in close games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Had my first real great Yogg after crafting him.

Playing a patron warrior. He has a board full of patrons and a beefy frothing. I have no cards. I top deck Yogg. First spell is brawl, leaving him with one patron. Next is thistle tea giving me 3 fireballs. I get a ball of spiders, leading me to getting King Krush. There were also a few more lovely prizes.

He conceded two turns later. I would feel bad but it was awesome.

This is pretty much how I've been playing the game all along and yes, it keeps my sodium level somewhat tolerable. Sometimes. When I start tilting I just do something else.

bjaelke

I was playing brawl and my Knife Juggler came out as a 3/2. It had an effect text named "Retribution" on it that was giving it +1 attack. Anyone know where that effect came from? I played the Juggler from a Shifter Zerus from hand, the opponent used Eadric on my board the previous turn, and the effect had an icon with Eadric's portrait on it.
Bolvar buff carried over from Zerus' last transformation. Some buffs will persist even after the minion has changed.

I just got to play Unearthed Raptor on a Dreadsteed.

I officially love this Brawl.

It summoned a Dreadsteed when it died - hahaha!

Edit:

Acidmaw + 2 Dreadsteeds now! ROFL

Daigoro

i just played against the slowest, most deliberate face hunter ever, on ranked. it was the weirdest thing...

of course he won :/

Heropon

Now that I've accepted that I'm not getting to rank 10 I feel much better, even after getting demolished by a 20 damage doomhammer.

I feel better not playing meta decks and all that. I actually think ladder rewards are more negative than positive right now for me.

Pooya

I went and played wild today, there are more new players there than in standard, Like my ascend to rank 14 from rank 22, was mostly new players with really really bad plays and even basic decks lol. Perfect place to grind golden portrait like a true asshole.

cHinzo

Now that I've accepted that I'm not getting to rank 10 I feel much better, even after getting demolished by a 20 damage doomhammer.

I feel better not playing meta decks and all that. I actually think ladder rewards are more negative than positive right now for me.

Well, u only get an extra golden common for reaching rank 10. Rank 15 is fine, because u get the golden rare at that rank. Not worth it imo to push for 10, unless u wanna go for rank 5 to get the golden epic.

Ripenen

I usually don't like playing against Cthun decks but yesterday I had two Grim Patrons out and my opponent played Cthun. That was actually kind of fun.

Tarazet

I usually don't like playing against Cthun decks but yesterday I had two Grim Patrons out and my opponent played Cthun. That was actually kind of fun.

It sucks when your board gets filled up, then you can't spawn any more Patrons and they all get killed one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom