• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

wow man so much sadness in this thread. Maybe its always like this at end of month and folks realize they're not going to hit Legend? Seem like there was a lot of joy and positivity when I first started but maybe it was all a fabrication in my head (or it was the beginning of the month/season).
It's a cycle. People get excited when there's a new expansion incoming and we are slowly drip fed cards. Then first week of expansion is fun as people figure out what's good. Then the game settles down and it's not fun anymore when everyone's using the same deck and strategies. This continues until the next expansion.

Plus this time around we had the hype around Standard mode too which promised a lot of fresh and every changing strategies (it even says that as you are queuing into a match).

I was staring down certain lethal, at 5 hp, against a zoolock. Then yoggsauron... twisting nether, mirror images, pyroblasts his face bringing him to 1 hp. He had a single 1/1 after deathrattles resolved.

patchday

It's a cycle. People get excited when there's a new expansion incoming and we are slowly drip fed cards. Then first week of expansion is fun as people figure out what's good. Then the game settles down and it's not fun anymore when everyone's using the same deck and strategies. This continues until the next expansion.

Plus this time around we had the hype around Standard mode too which promised a lot of fresh and every changing strategies (it even says that as you are queuing into a match).

Thanks that makes perfect sense!!! I started when Whispers of the Old Gods came out. I figured it was a great time to hop in while they were giving away all the free cards. I meant to just play enough to collect the free cards and then maybe quit right after

But got kinda hooked. They dangled that carrot and I ate the whole thing

With the way Nzoth pally has gone I'd be really pissed if I hadn't moved the cards to secret paladin in wild.

patchday

I was staring down certain lethal, at 5 hp, against a zoolock. Then yoggsauron... twisting nether, mirror images, pyroblasts his face bringing him to 1 hp. He had a single 1/1 after deathrattles resolved.

ah man thats a crazy turn around good for you tho

If Zoolock let you play Yogg he's probably already lost.

yeah if my opponent alive by turn 10 with my Zoo I'm probably out of cards in my hand. But I'm not that great tho

squidyj

wow man so much sadness in this thread. Maybe its always like this at end of month and folks realize they're not going to hit Legend? Seem like there was a lot of joy and positivity when I first started but maybe it was all a fabrication in my head (or it was the beginning of the month/season).

this is about right.

This thread is like 80% anger, I don't know what you were reading. ;)

Triz

Had a 2-3 Arena run, but the pack I won had a Golden Hogger of Elwynn, 2 Call of the Wilds, Cult apothecary, and a shifting shade. Ill take it.

squidyj

nah man when I started everyone was all posting all the loot they got from opening their Whispers of the Gods packs and stuff. Was pure joy most of the posts I read.

just like heroin addiction, those packs only get these junkies back to normal.

Zoggy

na servers are shit right now

every game either i DC or my opponent, and then it locks at the victory/defeat screen so you have to re-start after every game.

thanks brode

squidyj

every game either i DC or my opponent, and then it locks at the victory/defeat screen so you have to re-start after every game.

thanks brode

I'm just chilling out waiting for the rollover then its time to slam cthun druid down people's throats

Shaman was my least played class until I made this crazy Reno Battlecry Deck. Not exactly climbing the ranks, but pulling Crowd Favorite or Rumbling Elemental out of obscurity has been a lot of fun!

I enjoy making weirdo decks & seeing how far they go much more than sincerely ranking up (which I don't have the dust for anyway). Might be another reason why things seem more positive around expansion time--everyone's just banging Legos together, experimenting to see what sticks.

Rank 5. Decent I guess, even though it's my second golden Gorehowl.

hearthstonescreenshotk6sgt.png

Pooya

got golden brawl and yet another sea reaver this month. Could have been worse I guess. Maybe I keep the brawl in case it gets nerfed, you know, "it feels bad for your opponent" like priest cards and Blizzard is all about favoring board flood players I guess.

nah man when I started everyone was all posting all the loot they got from opening their Whispers of the Gods packs and stuff. Was pure joy most of the posts I read.
Oh. People are too excited by the possibilities of neat new cards to care about anything else.

just like heroin addiction, those packs only get these junkies back to normal.
It's more like when a restaurant says they redid their crappy food recipe, so you go and try it with excitement only to find out they just put food coloring in the mix.

thanks brode
I find that I DC/reconnect to matches at least once every few days in this game, and it's the only game to do that for me.

Pooya

well, if they are going out of their way to swap card backs that are alrady patched in, it must be important I guess. I don't think it's about the adventure.

It's probably just a mistake, they messed up thunderbluff and thrall card backs a few months ago too on the blog post. Pretty sure Pandaria one will remain for this month.

Shaman really is broken and the problem is feral spirit.

Oh well at least it isn't secret paladin / GET IN HERE levels of broken.

jgminto

Feral Spirit is one of the least offensive cards in Shaman's arsenal. When it's not played alongside Trogg, it provides very little offensive presence. The card would likely see much less play without Tunnel Trogg, TfB is a better option for a tempo taunt minion.

Interfectum

What.. no. Feral spirit can easily gimp a Shaman for the next play while a player easily clears those two taunts. It's rarely ever a game changer from what I've seen.

bjaelke

C'Thun warrior running both Doomcaller and Elise. Greedy bastard.
this is pretty useless, right?
Yeah Aspirant was quite popular after TGT released but has since been rotated out of the meta. Around the time LoE came out everyone had an answer to the Aspirant (Darkbomb, War Axe etc.) and now Mire Keeper has found its way on to the ramp instead.

Magnus

First month in a year where I didn't hit rank 10 or better. Feels bad man. Overwatch and busy times at work drastically cut into my play time, and I also just didn't really do very well. Got my ass whooped a lot at lower ranks...

Rank fucking 18. Thanks for my golden common I guess. Haha.

Also, I remember seeing some hilarious ideas for thread titles. But the one that was chosen is lost on me. What does the '4 mana' part mean?

Edit - Oh... Dr. 4. Never mind. Lol.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
First month in a year where I didn't hit rank 10 or better. Feels bad man. Overwatch and busy times at work drastically cut into my play time, and I also just didn't really do very well. Got my ass whooped a lot at lower ranks...

Rank fucking 18. Thanks for my golden common I guess. Haha.

Also, I remember seeing some hilarious ideas for thread titles. But the one that was chosen is lost on me. What does the '4 mana' part mean?

Edit - Oh... Dr. 4. Never mind. Lol.

It is OT 7/7.

Levi

Banned
I don't know what I want to climb with this season. I was thinking Dragon Warrior, but I don't know which of the many variations I should go with. I tried one with Sir Finley this morning and when 1-3. I was expecting that since it's day one I would see mostly aggro, but I actually a control warrior, two N'zoth Rogues and a tempo warrior.

The Rogues really threw me for a loop, I don't think I saw a single Deathrattle Rogue in June.

bjaelke

Hearthstone ‏@PlayHearthstone
🌴 Surf's up! Grab the Tinyfin Beach card back during #Hearthstone's July Ranked Play season! 🌴

@PlayHearthstone erm what happened to Halfhill? Explain your self!

@Mega_Tec What is this card back? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Mulgrok

Monthly reward was arcane blast for the second month in a row. Good thing I needed both of them, because I am too cheap to craft most ToG epics.

Levi

Banned
Feral Spirit is effectively 5 mana for two 2/3 taunts. It's pretty fair.

Feral spirits are fine except when they are played on turn 2 or 3 following up a tunnel Trogg. Being able to both protect and buff a Trogg is pretty gross.

Of course, that's because Tt is broken. Feral spirits is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom