• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Feral spirits are fine except when they are played on turn 2 or 3 following up a tunnel Trogg. Being able to both protect and buff a Trogg is pretty gross.

Of course, that's because Tt is broken. Feral spirits is fine.

Shamans have too many cheap overload cards at this point. When an aggro deck can leave out a card as amazing as Lightning Bolt and still work, you know something isn't right.

bunbun777

Golden confuse. Didn't really expect to get 4 good cards in a row. Only 23 more wins for golden warrior though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Had a 2-3 Arena run, but the pack I won had a Golden Hogger of Elwynn, 2 Call of the Wilds, Cult apothecary, and a shifting shade. Ill take it.

had a 1-3 arena run and every card in the pack was one I already had, despite all the ones I'm still missing

what a waste of gold

Hmm... what to play at the start of the season. Maybe I should keep on with mage and get gold portrait. I'm also at least halfway with shaman (played this class a lot in naxx). I kind of want to play a deck that includes yogg, nzoth, or malygos... maybe c'thun.

I know yogg/reno rogue has been popular in the past. Maybe something like that, although I don't care for the reno.

Why is Earthen ring farseer such a seemingly popular card for rogue?

It's pretty much the only decent healing card available to them. Even when healbot was available, sometimes ERF was a better choice because of a cheaper mana cost. ERF also just offsets the loss of hp used to smash face into minions. Occasionally it lets their bigger health minions survive a bit longer, which can be a huge gain in itself.

Tacitus_

XPSSFMG.png

Sometimes lucky

(ooze off the top)

So far so good, 6-2 with yogg-tempo mage. Had a game where yogg carried pretty well. Against handlock I just didn't have a great start and didn't have the card draw to keep it going. Yogg wasn't even a smash hit but it played infected and forced him to twisting nether, which let me get a board from infected and a turn of damage in with 2 burn spells.

Heropon

Finally joined the dark side and made an aggro pirate Warrior. It was actually fun wrecking some faces even if I got very nervious because I never had the axe at turn 2 but thankfully you don't even need it! I actually lost the only time when I had it, so I don't know what to think anymore.

Mulgrok

Ran out of good neutral classic legendaries to craft, so I made Tirion. My win rates with paladin decks will probably skyrocket from the measly 56% I get now.

They really should rename Paladin to Saltomancer due to their salt summoning prowess.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Finally joined the dark side and made an aggro pirate Warrior. It was actually fun wrecking some faces even if I got very nervious because I never had the axe at turn 2 but thankfully you don't even need it! I actually lost the only time when I had it, so I don't know what to think anymore.

I made that deck too. It's a lot of fun. Splitting time between that and the combo warrior with raging worgen.

Schnauzer

I hate myself for playing priest in standard right now... I know I have other decks more viable, that I can win easier...but Priest is my favorite class....

The game is starting to no longer be fun. Priest/Paladin are my favorite classes for healing/control and they are both to the ground....

cHinzo

I hate myself for playing priest in standard right now... I know I have other decks more viable, that I can win easier...but Priest is my favorite class....

The game is starting to no longer be fun. Priest/Paladin are my favorite classes for healing/control and they are both to the ground....

I know that feeling bro. Played almost every Paladin deck imaginable before standard, like aggro, midrange, control, secret, dragon, reno and murloc Paladin, but their early game is just so crap at the moment in standard. They removed Paladin's whole early game, without giving anything back. Not even cool C'Thun class cards. :| I think I miss midrange Paladin the most. QQ

Fishlake

Golden effigy is nice. I'll hold onto that.

Other then that junk.

I feel like I should start saving up 700 gold. Then I'll continue my quest for Justicar and Chillmaw.

I know that feeling bro. Played almost every Paladin deck imaginable before standard, like aggro, midrange, control, secret, dragon, reno and murloc Paladin, but their early game is just so crap at the moment in standard. They removed Paladin's whole early game, without giving anything back. Not even cool C'Thun class cards. :| I think I miss midrange Paladin the most. QQ

We're still king in Wild and OG gave us something for the long game even. I'm down to no Minibots and only 1 haunted creeper already.

How does this game manage to become so fucking stale so fucking quickly. First match of the season is against a cookie cutter Zoolock playing the exact same deck as everyone fucking else.

How is this game still alive at this point. Blizzard has repeatedly dropped the ball over and over and over and over, yet this game lives on just fine. It's an absolute enigma to me.

Whatever, maybe I'm just done for a while. If my choice is between Standard, where I play against nothing but aggro decks or Wild where I play against nothing but secret Paladin then fuck it, I'll play a different game.

What.. no. Feral spirit can easily gimp a Shaman for the next play while a player easily clears those two taunts. It's rarely ever a game changer from what I've seen.

two 2/3 are not easy to clear for a lot of classes with 3 or 4 mana. They can then play a 2 drop or totem, then 7/7 on turn 5. You're already on the backfoot trying to clear up this shit and then you lose.

Zoo Warlock at least you can play around some of their drops and delay a turn or two if you need. Shaman it feels like if they muligan well you've always fucked.

Feral spirits are fine except when they are played on turn 2 or 3 following up a tunnel Trogg. Being able to both protect and buff a Trogg is pretty gross.

Of course, that's because Tt is broken. Feral spirits is fine.
Agreed.

Shamans have too many cheap overload cards at this point. When an aggro deck can leave out a card as amazing as Lightning Bolt and still work, you know something isn't right.
Lightning Bolt is effectively 3 damage for 2 mana. Is it really "amazing"?

How does this game manage to become so fucking stale so fucking quickly. First match of the season is against a cookie cutter Zoolock playing the exact same deck as everyone fucking else.

How is this game still alive at this point. Blizzard has repeatedly dropped the ball over and over and over and over, yet this game lives on just fine. It's an absolute enigma to me.

Whatever, maybe I'm just done for a while. If my choice is between Standard, where I play against nothing but aggro decks or Wild where I play against nothing but secret Paladin then fuck it, I'll play a different game.
Blizzard. No other company can fumble this much and still have a devoted following. Look at Diablo III, or play World of Warcraft sometime.

two 2/3 are not easy to clear for a lot of classes with 3 or 4 mana. They can then play a 2 drop or totem, then 7/7 on turn 5. You're already on the backfoot trying to clear up this shit and then you lose.

Zoo Warlock at least you can play around some of their drops and delay a turn or two if you need. Shaman it feels like if they muligan well you've always fucked.
Except Spirit Wolves don't cost 3 or 4 mana, they cost 5. Even a Mage can just double Frostbolt and come out ahead on tempo.

N'zoth Renolock seem fun
Put Dreadsteed in. ;-)

Tarazet

Lightning Bolt is effectively 3 damage for 2 mana. Is it really "amazing"?

Here's the thing about Lightning Bolt, plus I'll also add Ancestral Knowledge and Lava Burst.. the overload lets you put together crazy burst combos with all these spells that have a low initial cost. I've had a lot of cases where AK fished up the last piece I needed and then I was able to finish it right there. The overload doesn't matter if the match is over. Those same spells also buff Tunnel Trogg, but that's just icing on the cake.

Then there's Doomhammer + Rockbiter, which has been possible since the beginning, but before WOG the Midrange Shaman lists didn't tend to use it, for whatever reason. They seemed to prefer Zombie Chow but in hindsight, maybe that wasn't the right way to do it.

hey! it's like if I'm hearing a good analysis on Dark Souls but instead it is Hearthstone!!! I love he is doing this...

I'll keep checking it, thanks for sharing

No problem.

And yeah, I really enjoy his commentary as well. Looks like he's still learning the game too, so it'll be cool to see him improve too. Glad someone else here will enjoy the videos!

Zoggy

Remember when I said warriors losing death note was a good thing because it might open new archetypes ?

manhack

Just got back from a month break. That helped me a bit. So in the last 20 games I've seen 2 warlocks and only 1 shaman. Also played against Hunter, priest, druid, rogue, warrior, mage. Paladin is the only class I haven't seen yet. I think the "meta" is truly the most diverse I've ever seen it. Not saying the game isn't stale, but I feel it is better than secret paladin meta.

Another thing I've done to make things fun: I've made a Yogg based deck for each class. The Yogg Priest and Yogg Paladin are the most fun because I know they suck ass and people BM the absolute hell out of me lol.

The only losing deck is the Paladin :*(

Dahbomb

Remember when I said warriors losing death note was a good thing because it might open new archetypes ?
That didn't change anything. Go on Wild and you will see Warriors using similar decks as on Standard.

Tempo Warrior, Cthun Warrior, Dragon Warrior and Control Warrior would all be a thing if Death's Bite existed in Standard.

_DrMario_

Trying to do my 3 Priest win quest makes me want to kill myself.

The devs don't get near enough shit for how incompetent they are.

Levi

Banned
I'm half tempted to stick to wild this season, get my priest to level 60. I'm definitely not going to grind priest in standard.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Trying to do my 3 Priest win quest makes me want to kill myself.

The devs don't get near enough shit for how incompetent they are.

Yeah seriously. It seems like NOBODY complains about this game. At all. Everybody just talks so positively about it. You're the first person say anything about the devs being terrible and the balance being off. Keep fighting the good fight.

Pooya

since old gods came out? nzoth control priest in wild is the most powerful deck right now, not secret paladin. I've been playing a lot of wild myself lately, it's what you see a lot in higher ranks. Secret paladin is great still but priest is favored against it and well priest beats everything else easily now that they have a reliable finisher not just to stall games. There are no more druid combos to beat priest too and no one plays rogue in wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom