• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooftrellen is a women right?

I kinda like nourish for draw, he had innervate there if he draw wrath . Yogging after just 4 spell is very worrisome , I guess if its not worked out its jump to Dragon Warrior that more favorable than zoo

And it would have been instant loss without, and maybe slightly better position if he did hit it. That would be even riskier than yogg imho.

He didn't have to win off yogg of course. That was nuts.

squidyj

Monsanto did a lot of great stuff, both in terms of deckbuilding and play decisions. He was in a position to have yogg save him because of the good decisions he made that game and he was in a position to win the series because of the good decisions he made building his decks and in the games he's played so far.

Dude totally deserved to win the series and playing to Yogg was correct, not his fault Blizz printed a card with text that allows you to steal games you shouldn't be winning.

Dahbomb

Monsanto did a lot of great stuff, both in terms of deckbuilding and play decisions. He was in a position to have yogg save him because of the good decisions he made that game and he was in a position to win the series because of the good decisions he made building his decks and in the games he's played so far.

Dude totally deserved to win the series and playing to Yogg was correct, not his fault Blizz printed a card with text that allows you to steal games you shouldn't be winning.
Man no one is saying he didn't deserve to win the series. It's completely not his fault, you never blame the player.

Don't hate the player, hate the game etc.

Just saying we feel for the other guy who lost to Yogg. RNG is always both feels good and feels bad at the same... someone always get short changed in the exchange.

nubbe

Yogg suicide :(

fwZkGbx.jpg

greepoman

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/WAgTq3pZTjMh7FGxsYQ3MU/?utm_source=hdt

My first experience against Arcane Giant Warrior.

Turns out playing five 0-cost 8/8s is pretty good.

They nerf Molten Giant and print this shit.

Not even gonna bother asking for critique this time, only posting so you can point and laugh at how shitty I am losing to meme decks at rank 11.

Lol bro it's okay this is a safe place..blizzard has all abused us in some way.

Looking at your match here I my thoughts:

Turn 6 - He removes your flamewaker with revenge...HUGE red flag...that card means "I have healing don't push me to 12 health and below"

Turn 7 - Even though he has card advantage and a 2/1 on the board and you have 2 cabalists tomes clogging up your hand you chose to cult sorcerer , ping, frost bolt face. Not what I would do because he's at 21 and you don't have much burn in your hand, but acceptable line of play.

Turn 8 - You use 2 arcane blasts on a 1/2 and 2/2 immediately and fireball face to bring him to 8 health...but you have no burn in hand and the revenge previously used indicates he has healing and like i said you don't really want to push him below 12 anyway.

Why not cabalists tome? You're low on cards. When you do it next turn you got an arcane explosion...that wouldve been a much better way to kill off the minions without using two 4 dmg arcane blasts since you had cult sorc .

If you had gone with that line of play the turn after he wouldn't have cleared your cult sorc and you would have been able to clear both arcane giants (sorc + 2 arcane blast + fireball) and basically nullify his main win condition.

So basically I'm just wondering why you're going face so much with spells over drawing cards when you're not a face deck. You really want to save spells to push tempo unless the opponent is much lower and/or you've calculated your percentages to draw burn.

When you fireball'd face you had 14 cards left and half of those are probably minions so there's a good chance you wont draw burn so that means that your only out for lethal is hoping he doesn't have healing and fireball off of tome or draw...which is pretty low chance either way.

So I guess the biggest thing I suggest is watch card advantage. If you're opponent is low on cards and you have a large hand then it's more appropriate to go face with spells. But if you're down in card advantage you need to use any card advantage spells/minions while you can if you're ahead on board.

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/WAgTq3pZTjMh7FGxsYQ3MU/?utm_source=hdt

My first experience against Arcane Giant Warrior.

Turns out playing five 0-cost 8/8s is pretty good.

They nerf Molten Giant and print this shit.

Not even gonna bother asking for critique this time, only posting so you can point and laugh at how shitty I am losing to meme decks at rank 11.

I've played some tempo mage with double cabalist's tome so I'll take a look and give some thoughts.

Why did you keep cabalist's tome from mulligan? Seems like a card you never keep from mulligan.

On turn 7, whats the point of frost bolting face? You're only protecting a 3/2 and you already have 2 taunts, albeit at 1 hp. Playing around weapons that much is a very poor use of resources. I think your best bet was to start using tomes. You probably could have held onto the 3/2 to ensure spelldamage gets value, which is important for tempo mage.

Now on turn 10, because you took too long to cabalists tome, you can't play yogg with maximum impact. Lets say you played cabalist's tome earlier, and then spent all those spells. You could have dropped yogg on curve. Maybe you should have regardless. Cabalit's tome on that turn seemed even riskier than a lower power yogg.

Levi

Banned
Lol bro it's okay this is a safe place..blizzard has all abused us in some way.

So I guess the biggest thing I suggest is watch card advantage. If you're opponent is low on cards and you have a large hand then it's more appropriate to go face with spells. But if you're down in card advantage you need to use any card advantage spells/minions while you can if you're ahead on board.

Thanks for looking through. I didn't actually expect anyone would, as every other time I've ever asked for help in this thread I've been ignored.

I didn't really have a plan that game, at that point I had lost something like 9 or 10 in a row so I figured my only chance to win was top decking all my burn in the right order.

I've played some tempo mage with double cabalist's tome so I'll take a look and give some thoughts.

I don't remember keeping Cabalist's Tome. That's pretty shit. I generally hard mulligan for 1 and 2 drops, and my frostbolts.

I really appreciate you looking through, although if I thought I was actually going to get feedback I would have shared a game I was actually trying to win.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Hotmeowth losing to back to back Yoggs.

On MAXIMUM tilt right now.

Also having both Warleaders on the bottom of the deck. What a game.

Also "struggling to draw correctly" is the best shade to throw in this game. You are blaming the player for the game's faults lol.

Dahbomb

He didn't lose to that yogg. He had bad draws and Archmage kicked his ass.
Yogg was absolutely instrumental in setting up that win. It drew a lot of cards and put up a lot of secrets that made it much harder for Hotmeowth to do optimum plays. He was setting down Wildpyros naked just to play around Mirror Entity and random spells versus Counter Spells.

Shifter Zerus time... VERY likely it's going to bring out something that might change things.

Yogg was absolutely instrumental in setting up that win. It drew a lot of cards and put up a lot of secrets that made it much harder for Hotmeowth to do optimum plays. He was setting down Wildpyros naked just to play around Mirror Entity and random spells versus Counter Spells.

Shifter Zerus time... VERY likely it's going to bring out something that might change things.

Sorry what was that? xD

greepoman

I don't get why there couldn't be a way to save the game state and resume it for tourneys? I guess you could fake dc to get extra time...but say you lose 1 turn if you dc to discourage it.

Portugeezer

I don't get why there couldn't be a way to save the game state and resume it for tourneys? I guess you could fake dc to get extra time...but say you lose 1 turn if you dc to discourage it.

Yeah... seems a bit easy to DC and get a rematch, most people could see Roof was on top (as much as it pains me to say after he won his 2 matches thanks to Yogg RNG), and by quite a lot at that point.

Levi

Banned
Hotmeowth unplugging the ethernet cord on the sly, what a scumbag. /s

e5mlqvV.jpg

Got most of my stars back. I guess that's something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Justice for Roof!

That shit was well deserved

4-2 Roof

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have no idea how i got to rank 5 this season. I feel like i should be up at Rank 16. I can't beat anybody. I'll be up there soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom