• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

man, HS competitive is a complete joke now, lol. Just look at last year around this time we had ATLC finals happening, even Blizzcon it self, the level of plays and decks have dropped a ton. It's so terrible now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
man, HS competitive is a complete joke now, lol. Just look at last year around this time we had ATLC finals happening, even Blizzcon it self, the level of plays and decks have dropped a ton. It's so terrible now.
The competitive system is not set up to really reward strong players regularly. It's been pretty bad for the player pool. Beyond that, every time game balance seems like its escaped one problem it finds itself with another. Blizzard almost just seem to have doubled down on stupid gimmick cards that break the game, and it's only going to get worse with the rest of Karazahn.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Speaking of dumb gimmick cards that break the game, on stream Dog just got innervate coin barnes for aviana turn 1, then turn 2 rag.

Dahbomb

Competitive HS has been a joke ever since Naxx and GvG released. At least before then Blizzard made regular balance changes and removed/nerfed crazy RNG swing cards (they heavily nerfed Tinkmaster and Pagle as they were heavy RNG swing cards).

They keep printing heavy swing RNG cards that are good like Barnes. They also keep pushing archetypes that are heavily based around RNG like Discard Lock, Steal Rogue, Resurrect Rogue, Evolve Shaman, Lock n Load Hunter etc.

Also unless some big changes are coming, we are never going to escape seeing Zoo in competitive play in Hearthstone. And if Zoo is a deck then that means in competitive matches Freeze Mage will also be a thing. The same decks we have been seeing forever basically.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Competitive HS has been a joke ever since Naxx and GvG released. At least before then Blizzard made regular balance changes and removed/nerfed crazy RNG swing cards (they heavily nerfed Tinkmaster and Pagle as they were heavy RNG swing cards).

Tinkmaster was just busted dude, nevermind the RNG. Just compare it to Keeper of Uldaman which is also a crazy card.

wiibomb

Tinkmaster was just busted dude, nevermind the RNG. Just compare it to Keeper of Uldaman which is also a crazy card.

talking about keeper of uldaman.. I had a good laugh at the "Lore Description" they have right now on the wiki

Zf91QmX.png

Just realized, Silvermoon Portal can screw over a Paladin if they get Doomsayer.

Was thinking about trying it out but I'll probably stick to using Kings.

Mulgrok

talking about keeper of uldaman.. I had a good laugh at the "Lore Description" they have right now on the wiki

Well, that description is pretty inept. WoW arena was fundamentally a crap concept due to the core design always being based around large scale raids while hearthstone arena could work if blizz gave one ounce of thought about rarities. WoW should not have gated the best pvp gear behind shitty arena, but they wanted conceited players to stroke their e-peens without having to rely on others.

psyfi

Banned
Playing for the first time after my four day camping trip, and finally hit rank 19 for the first time. :) :)

I played the brawl and had no idea what was going on at first, lol. I got matched with someone using the murloc shaman hero, which was my first time seeing it, and I thought it was an AI controlled enemy, haha. I eventually did some googling and figured it out, whoops.

So are there any decks out there that farm midrange Hunters? I can't think of any. I guess aggro Shaman and Zoo are supposed to be favorable right? Anything else?

Just played a Rogue that had what I assume were just Barnes and Blood of The Ancient Ones as his only minions. Barnes - Shadowstep - Barnes for a one turn Ancient one. I polymorphed it and he conceded but the idea was novel.

Just realized, Silvermoon Portal can screw over a Paladin if they get Doomsayer.

Was thinking about trying it out but I'll probably stick to using Kings.

It's okay. I tried it in a token based deck. Paladin doesn't really have the tools to take advantage of tokens, I think. Maybe the list deserves sea giants. Hard to say since your draw is divine favor and sea giants are too situational for divine favor to work. I was using mukla's champion, but it might not have the oompf to outright win games or take your board out of AOE range.

I think it just doesn't have enough value, it's actually just too fair of a card. 2/2 buff plus a 2 drop which is typically 2/2... that's not even much better than blessing of kings, if at all.

Just played a Rogue that had what I assume were just Barnes and Blood of The Ancient Ones as his only minions. Barnes - Shadowstep - Barnes for a one turn Ancient one. I polymorphed it and he conceded but the idea was novel.

After 10 tries to make it work, you just crushed his dreams.

Dahbomb

yeah if its at 8, its better than Rag

fucking shame
Not necessarily, Rag is more offensive and can snipe other larger minions plus get lethal. Soggoth matches poorly against other giant minions, hell it trades even with 4 mana 7/7.

Soggoth excels where Rag lacks which is going up against a board of weak minions.

It's possible that it was tested at 8 mana and deemed too good. However, a card like Soggoth can never be too good because Black Knight exists.

So are there any decks out there that farm midrange Hunters? I can't think of any. I guess aggro Shaman and Zoo are supposed to be favorable right? Anything else?
The good old Hearthstone rule of thumb applies here. You beat Hunter with something that is faster than it. So Zoo is a good option.

But Midrange Hunter has always been one of those decks that is hard to farm because it's just consistent against the field. You can't build a deck that beats it 8-2.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Lol. If you weren't close to a big rank you should have just let him win. He probably lost so many ranks trying to make that happen.

And who still plays polymorph anymore?

As much as it sucks to lose to a priest who got Velen off two consecutive resurrects, or a mage who got freezing trap and a shadowstep off yogg with lethal on board, I have to realize that the RNG elements are way more interesting to most players than just grinding the same matchups on ladder (especially with deck variety as low as it is right now).

Yogg decks are actually a ton of fun, because even when you're playing vs the same decks over and over there's always that card in your deck that will do something you've probably never seen before

Control decks in general are anti-fun for the person who isn't playing them. Decks that revolve around negating your every move while doing nothing aggressive on their own until the late game are extremely boring. That said, without them, Hearthstone is just the midrange snorefest it is right now because the game doesn't have any deep or interesting mechanics.

gutshot

Yeah, J4ckiechan was playing that deck on stream yesterday. I think he played about 5 or 6 games before finally getting the combo off, then was like "That was fun" and went back to playing a real deck, lol.

Another thing about Paladins, does anyone know if you play Steward of Darkshire into a Sword of Justice, if your X/1's will get the shield then get buffed? I know the other way around makes it where they turn into X/2's before getting the shield.

The reason I ask is because I would think with the text on both cards should function together regardless. Steward of Darkshire has Whenever you summon while Sword of Justice has after. I took a look at that Hearthstone Science video again and it mentions how cards with the text of Whenever should trigger before cards with the text After. Which is why I'm thinking it has to be related to the sequencing.

You play Sword of Justice first, therefore it buffs the X/1 before it hits the board, getting the shield.

Whenever the situation rises, I keep forgetting to test it, hah.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Anybody tried out the cycle cthun warrior deck kolento came up with? It's the only Cthun warrior deck i can afford and I'd like to give it a try, would have to craft Twin emps.

Haha, fuck this tempo mage. He got the god opener. Mana wyrm, sorc apprentice, flamewaker, flamewaker, 2nd mana wyrm (first removed), and goes face with all his spells. I am just testing a new shaman cthun deck out in casual, this guy is pro smorcing with an established deck. Turn 7 comes around and I get twin emps up. And he has 1 waker left (both survived spellpower lightning storm btw), and he arcane missiles and pings face. I am down to 2 hp. Next turn he top decks a 2 drop and pings face. I am down to 1 hp. I top deck healing wave (also drake in hand, so I had 2 tries). Healing wave myself back to 15. And then next turn I healing wave again to 28 but he is already dead to my board.

This guy probably thought he had that shit in the bag. Instead he got it ripped away at 1 off lethal. Is there any better comeback than that, with a deck you just built from scratch.

psyfi

Banned
Haha, fuck this tempo mage. He got the god opener. Mana wyrm, sorc apprentice, flamewaker, flamewaker, 2nd mana wyrm (first removed), and goes face with all his spells. I am just testing a new shaman cthun deck out in casual, this guy is pro smorcing with an established deck. Turn 7 comes around and I get twin emps up. And he has 1 waker left (both survived spellpower lightning storm btw), and he arcane missiles and pings face. I am down to 2 hp. Next turn he top decks a 2 drop and pings face. I am down to 1 hp. I top deck healing wave (also drake in hand, so I had 2 tries). Healing wave myself back to 15. And then next turn I healing wave again to 28 but he is already dead to my board.

This guy probably thought he had that shit in the bag. Instead he got it ripped away at 1 off lethal. Is there any better comeback than that, with a deck you just built from scratch.
That's amazing.

PS: Thanks for the jargon lesson.

Levi

Banned
One win from rank 7 and then I face three miracle rogues in a row, all three have gadgetzan on curve.

Who the fuck ladders with that trash deck.

bunbun777

I love the 80g friend quest, someone on my friend list challenged me named jethro, have no idea who they are but who cares? I say thanks and thanks again after I win with my wild gold monkey nzoth priest deck. His reply:

"Fuck you

Pussy :("

Lol. As long as he keeps challenging me I'll take it ty.

Levi

Banned
Anybody tried out the cycle cthun warrior deck kolento came up with? It's the only Cthun warrior deck i can afford and I'd like to give it a try, would have to craft Twin emps.

Had to look it up, It's the draw engine of otk warrior plus the core cthun package, seems OK.

Priest of the Feast and Auchnai Soulpriest out at the same time, rip Priest.

But it was hilarious to watch.

At first I had both in the same deck then I thought, man that makes no damn sense. lol. Never had the negative synergy actually hurt me though. But not exactly winning much either. *sigh*

Shinypogs

I don't like this new nothing is ever dead priest meta. It's better than them just stealing my stuff like before but it's also all annoying and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about it.

That said all the new cards do make things fun and I'm tempted to just buy the adventure vs farming the gold for each wing.

At first I had both in the same deck then I thought, man that makes no damn sense. lol. Never had the negative synergy actually hurt me though. But not exactly winning much either. *sigh*

I felt pretty bad because all he needed to do was Circle first and I think the first Chicken Leg would of healed him instead of damaged, then Power Word: Shield'd his Priest of the Feast. Would of put him out of lethal range.

Instead it was Power Word Shield, Power Word Shield, Circle, Dead.

Pooya

man, argent horserider in rogue and with Barnes is really good. It helps a lot against getting face rolled in turn 1-4 and if you pull it out of Barnes you only lose one stat on it. This hunter had obvious freezing trap set up, I play Barnes into horserider, that was true esport lol. He never recovered. I'm quite happy with the results.

I felt pretty bad because all he needed to do was Circle first and I think the first Chicken Leg would of healed him instead of damaged, then Power Word: Shield'd his Priest of the Feast. Would of put him out of lethal range.

Instead it was Power Word Shield, Power Word Shield, Circle, Dead.

Reminds me a terrible misplay I had earlier with Wild Pyromancer. I had the cards in hand to clear a menacing board but played them out of order and blew it. Granted, I don't use that card very often. That is my excuse. :)

Reminds me a terrible misplay I had earlier with Wild Pyromancer. I had the cards in hand to clear a menacing board but played them out of order and blew it. Granted, I don't use that card very often. That is my excuse. :)

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Priest can be a difficult class to play properly considering how much they rely on combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom