• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

there is a good dragon paly list somewhere, I just can't figure it out. I don't want a control deck, I want a midrange deck. I just need more decent 2 drops...

Dahbomb

there is a good dragon paly list somewhere, I just can't figure it out. I don't want a control deck, I want a midrange deck. I just need more decent 2 drops...
I think you need that new 2 drop that discovers a dragon. Until then you have to just survive with Faerie Dragon.

gutshot

Kibler's list seemed pretty decent. More on the aggressive side but still running some late game bombs such as Tyrion and both Rags.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What would babbling book replace in a tempo mage? The body is largely irrelevant to a mage, it isn't discover, replacing a spell with it seems terrible. It seems like a bad card outside of reno mage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What would babbling book replace in a tempo mage? The body is largely irrelevant to a mage, it isn't discover, replacing a spell with it seems terrible. It seems like a bad card outside of reno mage.
Yogg fuel.

I don't think paladin has the early game to make a midrange dragon deck. If you think about the midrange decks that were successful in the past, they had zombie chow and shielded minibot and even muster for battle. Maybe that new 3 drop is okay enough to somewhat fill muster's shoes. But for 1 drops? You got argent squire maybe.

And faerie dragon? I've tried faerie dragon... pretty middling results before imo. I think faerie dragon would be like the card you run alongside minibot if it still was in standard. I guess knife juggler wouldn't be terrible since you can get 3 pings but feels wrong (at least to me).

Paladin just doesn't have the early game that dragon warrior does which enables it to play midrange. That's why I usually focus on control paladin.

edit:
Also, I feel like control dragon paladin could be good. I put my list that I've tested a bit so far. It's not bad. But I am also waiting on a couple other cards to finish it up. Bookwyrm feels like it could be great, as does netherspite historian.

bunbun777

Was trying out beast druid deck and ran into another druid that was running a Reno Curator deck, caught me off guard and totally out gassed me.

clav

But so is a spell that you can choose. Cabalist is yogg fuel. Babbling book is a nearly worthless body that gives you shatter.

That 1/1 minion can make all the differences especially in Arena.

Someone played Faceless Summoner that spawned a Moroes, which destroyed any chances of winning. Couldn't get rid of the cloaked 1/1. Stuff spawned after was very annoying.

I've been playing a little bit of beast druid with a focus on Jungle Panther / Druid of the Saber in addition to Stranglethorn Tiger. Reynad's running pretty much the same thing but using Savage Combatant x2 and running Leeroy. His list seems strictly better.

You can pretty much just leave your minions stealthed in a decent number of matchups and then burst down quickly. I don't know if it's the best way to do Beast Druid but it's certainly one of the cheesiest.

manhack

I don't think paladin has the early game to make a midrange dragon deck. If you think about the midrange decks that were successful in the past, they had zombie chow and shielded minibot and even muster for battle. Maybe that new 3 drop is okay enough to somewhat fill muster's shoes. But for 1 drops? You got argent squire maybe.

And faerie dragon? I've tried faerie dragon... pretty middling results before imo. I think faerie dragon would be like the card you run alongside minibot if it still was in standard. I guess knife juggler wouldn't be terrible since you can get 3 pings but feels wrong (at least to me).

Paladin just doesn't have the early game that dragon warrior does which enables it to play midrange. That's why I usually focus on control paladin.

edit:
Also, I feel like control dragon paladin could be good. I put my list that I've tested a bit so far. It's not bad. But I am also waiting on a couple other cards to finish it up. Bookwyrm feels like it could be great, as does netherspite historian.

I agree mostly. The list I posted is doing OK, but it is mostly because the Hunters I'm facing are awful at this game and think they don't need to trade with me. The rest just pull back to back COTW.

Triz

That feeling in Arena when Undercity Huckster gives you doom, and on turn 10 the warlock just loads up the board thanks to his Darkshire Councilman. I had never even played the card before and it felt glorious.

fertygo

What's your current Druid list? I need to reoptimise mine.

SilhRPQ.png

Just replace Onyxia with Yogg because I don't have it.. Some list also only use 1 mire keeper to tech Thalnos

I'm not sure Token Druid will ever beat beast druid anymore tho

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But so is a spell that you can choose. Cabalist is yogg fuel. Babbling book is a nearly worthless body that gives you shatter.

The body isn't worthless. It can trade into a 3/2 with your hero power on the next turn, kill a fiery bat, put kindly grandmother or totem golem into a state where you can frostbolt it down, bait out a hero power. Several things.

Dahbomb

Reynad just got Legend with turn 5 lethal using Beast Druid.

Mark on an Innervated coin Tiger into Inervate Warden for 2 Stealthed 4 mana 7/7s.

This is the game we play.

clav

2 wins out of 2 games so far.

First game against Aggro Shield Paladin.
Second game against Beast Druid.

Apparently using Shadow of Madness on Addled Grizzly and playing Menagarie Warden will summon a 7/7 Menagerie Warden along with a 3/3 Addled Grizzly with charge.

I should have screenshot my board.

Very bizarre.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i'd totally try purify priest, but I don't really have any of the cards that are good purify targets.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
2 wins out of 2 games so far.

First game against Aggro Shield Paladin.
Second game against Beast Druid.

Apparently using Shadow of Madness on Addled Grizzly and playing Menagarie Warden will summon a 7/7 Menagerie Warden along with a 3/3 Addled Grizzly with charge.

I should have screenshot my board.

Very bizarre.

Warden copies the exact state of the minion. It actually is relevant for things like druid of the claw charge since the copy also charges, and unstealthed minions are also unstealthed.

Shadow of Madness has always been weird but it actually GIVES the minion charge even if it doesn't specify it.

clav

Finished Priest quest.

Since everyone is playing Beast Druid, I switched to Mill Rogue.

Curator is actually a decent add. Taunt and the right draw.

Please excuse my poor deck as I spend most of my time in Arena. Definitely needs an extra Preparation. Throw in Yogg if you have one. Could add a Wild Pyro.

Warden copies the exact state of the minion. It actually is relevant for things like druid of the claw charge since the copy also charges, and unstealthed minions are also unstealthed.

Shadow of Madness has always been weird but it actually GIVES the minion charge even if it doesn't specify it.

Interesting.

bjaelke

Muster for Dragons -> Silvermoon Portal has been doing a great job for me so far. Running a tempo Paladin deck with some inconsistent Menagerie synergy.

fertygo

Well its disappointing a litťle bit of hopeful thought Beast Druid wòn't ve good is gone now.. turnout its very brokeback.. deck is so fast.. its more than I expected. You can actually farm hunter with this not the opposite like I initially thought lol.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I've had some surprising success going all in on Zoobot/Menagerie Magician/Curator with paladin.

You actually get a lot of synergies working pretty consistently, since for Murloc synergy you just need to play the Vilefin Inquisitor at some point in the game. And for Nightbane Templar and Twilight Guardian you just need to hold one other dragon. Gives you a lot you can do early game too.

Zoobot/Menagerie tends to be better later in the game, but they become great late. You can really flood the board with good stats over and over in the late game.

Finally, the fact that you're flooding the board a lot means you do have a lot of sticky board presence, which is why the Kings and Portal buffs work so well.

I'm sure there are major changes to be made, but I do think there's something there to be decent. Main weakness seems to be mage, which maybe i need to find a heal slot for, but it absolutely crushes Beast Druid and Hunter. Also Vilefin Inquisitor ruins all Anyfin Can Happen decks, potentially turning it into a 10 mana summon 7 1/1s card.

Decklist

vall03

Hey guys, need some advice, currently have 1500 dust and I'm thinking of disenchanting some unused cards to craft a legendary. My current plan is to craft Ragnaros, however, I can also spend the dust to craft new decks and my plan is to create a Midrange Shaman and Beast Druid considering both decks mostly have commons and rare. So for this, Ragnaros or two new decks?

Played a shitload tonight. I started off doing so so, like 60% winrate. I was 3-4 wins from legend so I decided to break for a bit and come back. Bad move. The meta was just so aggressive and every little bit of RNG did not go my way. I lost to RNG several times and then I switched to maly rogue cause the meta felt faster than what ramp druid could handle but I felt like rogue is a better at dealing with early aggression. And that's when the "omg blow my brains out" RNG hit me.

So I switched up to dragon paladin and ended up going 9-3.

There does seem to be a singular druid beast list picking up popularity, and it actually runs all the beast synergy cards... like knight of the wild and that one that adds 3hp. Not sure if I am impressed by it but the knight of the wilds can take you by surprise.

bjaelke

Hey guys, need some advice, currently have 1500 dust and I'm thinking of disenchanting some unused cards to craft a legendary. My current plan is to craft Ragnaros, however, I can also spend the dust to craft new decks and my plan is to create a Midrange Shaman and Beast Druid considering both decks mostly have commons and rare. So for this, Ragnaros or two new decks?

What decks do you currently have? Might be better of crafting 2 decks that can perform on ladder (if that's what you desire) and hold of on the legendaries until you have a need for them.

vall03

What decks do you currently have? Might be better of crafting 2 decks that can perform on ladder (if that's what you desire) and hold of on the legendaries until you have a need for them.

I actually have a lot of decks, Midrange Hunter, Dragon Warrior, Zoolock, Dragon Priest etc. Sadly, I don't play a lot of ranked matches, I just try to reach rank 20 every month and I'm done with it. But considering all of the decks that I have, I can probably reach Legend if I wanted to.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok so how's druid beast

Pooya

Beast druid is at least good, might not be OP but it's another viable deck for the second best class in the game. They now have ramp, token and a aggro/tempo deck in standard, all of them are at least high in tier 2. This is the class that was hit the hardest with nerfs too.

Token druid is probably still the best druid deck to play but I'm really impressed how consistent and strong ramp is actually now.

fertygo

I do not had any single idea how to beat beast druid with token druìď tho its look unwinnable if they pull the interactive comvo.

ZeroX03

Banned
My feelings for Beast Druid are that it's good and great if you pull something busted with Innervate, but Midrange Hunter seems more consistent if there's a missed curve or something and can adapt better. Doesn't rely on combos nearly as much and has Call of the Wild. Both should be suitable to climb ladder quickly, if you don't want to just Aggro Shaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom