• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCYQ

Made a Beast Druid deck with Curator, x2 Azure Drakes and Zoobots, am surprised by how hard you can out-tempo the opponent (thanks to Raven/Warden/Mark) even though I ran a more top-heavy list. Curator is such a strong card since I can get up to 2 draws (one of which will provide spellpower + draw as well). I feel like Zoobot is a little less clunky to play than Wildwalkers since you can curve it out earlier and it can help provide a bit more damage for a better trade.

17Mgy8T.jpg

I started out with x2 Mulch, but I'm thinking that it isn't really worth using even after cutting it down to just 1 copy. Decided to swap it with 1x Savage Roar. Cut Zoobot to 1, figured that I only have a pair of dragons anyway. Now I'm thinking of cutting Huge Toad for the second Living Roots.

zoukka

Yeah Curator is a god tier legendary (imagine him as a better Ancient of Lore pre-nerf).

I would put Druid of Sabers in instead of Huge Toad. Druid of Flames instead of Jungle Panthers. I would also play Fandral even in beast druid. Maybe only one combatant. Dunno about Drakes, I would just play Nourish, Curator and the 2 marks for card draw, your 5-drop slot is too overcrowded.

Beast Druid is weak to stuff like shadowflame so Renolock could see increase in play if Beasts run amock in the ladder.

Salex_

I'm so fucking tired of Beast Druid and the piece of shit RNG known as Barnes I swear nearly all my games at ranks 4-5 are Beast Druid and Hunter.

How the fuck am I suppose to do anything against a turn 2 tiger followed by mark which turned it into a T3 7/7...and drew a card. Not even going to mention some of the Menagerie Warden bullshit I lost to. Did this game really need another tier 1 deck that embraced the CurveStone meme? Did Blizzard completely ignore all of the bad RNG complaints and decided Barnes was a perfect addition to the game?

Is anyone actually having fun playing against these decks? I'd rather play against Dragon Warrior every match than deal with this garbage. Fuck this adventure.

ZeroX03

Banned
Knew Curator would be good. Almost any deck that would be running Curator would find Azure Drake useful. From there you just need a Beast which three classes have decent choices, or even Stampeding Kodo in others. That's a draw two. Control Paladin can do all three easily, I'm not sure how viable that is though.

Could see a place for it in things like Freeze Mage as an Alex tutor (Ysera too) and it'll find it's way in a lot of Reno decks for obvious reasons.

gutshot

The adventure is too easy to bother with cheats anyway.

True. This week was stupidly easy.

I don't really understand why the Heroics are so easy this adventure. Did they feel like the difficulty needed to be dialed back for some reason? Or did they just run out of time to properly tune and balance it?

Dahbomb

The Nightbane one is the most hilarious.

I feel like in Heroic it was supposed to be that only Nightbane starts with 10 mana. As it is there's no difference between normal and heroic Nightbane.

Levi

Banned
Gave up on tryharding when I lost 5 stars yesterday, fucking around with Beast Druid now.

Got a turn 2 stealthed 7/7 against a pirate warrior, idiot tried to race me. Cleared his whole board with swipe on 4, he should have quit then. Think I won on turn 6.

Rank 7 at the moment. Went 4-0 then lost two and quit before I tilted all the way back down.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/DMVaNA9qgSAispeNFbrXHR

Next time someone suggests I'm shit at this game I'll just show them this replay. I got fucking skills, man.

Innervate is fucking broken.

What the actual fuck. Paladin mirror I'm on NZoth opponent is on Anyfin I put my opponent to 8 so that the double attack spell I got from Ivory Knight is lethal with Ivory Knight.
I was all the way back to 30 both of us just fatigued. He plays anyfin for 32 charge damage and runs 1 of them into my rag instead of face and hits me down to 6. He fucked up doubly by killing my rag instead of my ivory knight without which I wouldn't have had lethal. I hadn't had played truesilver yet so he should have expected it even. Rag hitting his face would have been a 1 in 7 chance.

So moat lurker is pretty cool. I am sure princess would be better but having the ability to remove a problem enemy can be beneficial as well. Yes after death they will get it back but it may be enough of a tempo change to turn things for you. Plus they have to deal with the moat lurker to get it back.

But sylvanas on turn 5/6 and then running it into a minion and then moat lurker the damage sylvanas on the next turn is amazing. Did this to a priest where I killed injured blade master and then dropped moat lurker to destroy sylvanas and stole priest for feast, and then he dropped his own sylvanas and shadow worded it and stole my moat lurker. He didn't realize when I killed the moat lurker I got the sylvanas back not him. That was a fun couple of turns.

wiibomb

So moat lurker is pretty cool. I am sure princess would be better but having the ability to remove a problem enemy can be beneficial as well. Yes after death they will get it back but it may be enough of a tempo change to turn things for you. Plus they have to deal with the moat lurker to get it back.

But sylvanas on turn 5/6 and then running it into a minion and then moat lurker the damage sylvanas on the next turn is amazing. Did this to a priest where I killed injured blade master and then dropped moat lurker to destroy sylvanas and stole priest for feast, and then he dropped his own sylvanas and shadow worded it and stole my moat lurker. He didn't realize when I killed the moat lurker I got the sylvanas back not him. That was a fun couple of turns.

It could also be used for crazy plays... like Moat Lurker enemy ragnaros and then purify moat lurker... or even mass dispell

I still like the idea of Moat Lurker in Shaman. You can remove something, then Evolve it into a seven cost minion.

But they already have Hex and the class works better with faster decks.

gutshot

The Nightbane one is the most hilarious.

I feel like in Heroic it was supposed to be that only Nightbane starts with 10 mana. As it is there's no difference between normal and heroic Nightbane.

I didn't even realize that, but yeah. The only difference, I think, is that Nightbane gets 15 additional armor. WTF Blizz?

And does Illhoof ever summon anything? They had some ominous dialogue but I never saw him summon anything crazy.

I still like the idea of Moat Lurker in Shaman. You can remove something, then Evolve it into a seven cost minion.

But they already have Hex and they work better with faster decks.

Oh yea I thought of this as well. I use to run big game hunter in an evolve deck but yea moat lurker has way less restrictions and can evolve to a 7 mana minion.

Dahbomb

I didn't even realize that, but yeah. The only difference, I think, is that Nightbane gets 15 additional armor. WTF Blizz?

And does Illhoof ever summon anything? They had some ominous dialogue but I never saw him summon anything crazy.
It summons that 4/8 taunt in Heroic, that's it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
True. This week was stupidly easy.

I don't really understand why the Heroics are so easy this adventure. Did they feel like the difficulty needed to be dialed back for some reason? Or did they just run out of time to properly tune and balance it?

Every adventure seems easier and easier for veterans because the card pool keeps getting larger. So there's so many more choices when it comes to exploiting the mechanics. They can't scale up the difficulty too much or new players that don't have the older sets will get left behind. If you want a greater challenge, try the heroics using standard cards or even just the basic set.

_DrMario_

Every adventure seems easier and easier for veterans because the card pool keeps getting larger. So there's so many more choices when it comes to exploiting the mechanics. They can't scale up the difficulty too much or new players that don't have the older sets will get left behind. If you want a greater challenge, try the heroics using standard cards or even just the basic set.

So if I take my hunter netdeck into heroic Naxx right now I'll be able to beat it easily just like ONiK right? Somehow I doubt that.

edit: Lol just tried Lord Nefarius on Heroic... I bet it would take me longer to beat him then it would take me to beat ONiK on normal and heroic and do all the challenges.

Levi

Banned
Of course priest is the first I'm gonna run into after switching from aggro shaman to control pally.

*That actually end up being played.

All three Shaman cards are seeing/will see play. Maelstrom Portal is probably the best card Shaman got (it's a Ravaging Ghoul that scales with Spell Damage, pretty good) but the Wicked Witchdoctor has made the cut in Totem decks and Spirit Claws is a Light's Justice with the potential to become a better Fiery War Axe for just one mana.

That's certainly going to see play. The worst case scenario is you get a ping and the best case it's better than one of the best cards in the game?

Mulgrok

Threw together this mess of a deck that is doing pretty good at rank 8. Most of my losses have been to my opponents getting bullshit RNG and top decks.

EDIT: Divine Favor has been a dead card usually, because of how often I hero power out murlocs.

EDIT2: Dragon Egg has been the MVP of most games.

rahji

I played the new wing right now. Then suddenly I got thrown out of the game and cannot login any more. why on my free time? :(

edit: seems to be my damn new internet providrer. had never trouble with the old one.

squidyj

my 100% smorc rogue opponent gets doomhammer from his burglar.
I'm sitting there thinking "this guy has 5 mana and no cards and he's really pressuring my life total, it'd be awful for me if he got.... oh, there it is"
thank god he never drew his second poison.

Just got torn a new a--hole by some russian streamer.

Not that I can tell. Launcher has patch notes with a little bit of information.

Yeah, it says it wouldn't be optimal and it isn't. Would be a pretty bad viewing experience, not that I am looking to get into streaming.

It was incredibly easy to set up though.

This is neat to know. My friend also said that if you Faceless a Moat Lurker who has eaten a thing the copied one will also pop the eaten thing out on death as well. Not sure if the owner of the cloned eaten thing is altered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom