• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to make sure we get the idea down right;

> Play Antonidas as a Rogue, get Fireballs from spells.
> Play Peddler with Fireballs in hand but they don't get reduced.

If that's the case, I would guess that those Fireballs from Antonidas are some sort of special case card that they forgot to include.

Yes, in the class challenge I played Anton and received 3 fireballs from spells. I played peddler the following turn once he killed Anton but the fireballs were still 4 mana.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
When you think about it you should just replace Argent Squire with Malchezaar Imp even if you aren't running any demon or discard synergy cards, it's just straight up better.
edit: nevermind, I guess it's not good for trading against a 3 or higher attack creature

The way you evaluate divine shield is that it is better than 2HP but not as good as 3HP. When you look at the average results of how much benefit you get from divine shield that's usually what you end up seeing. So argent squire is halfway between a 1/3 and a 1/4.

Dahbomb

anyone has a deck for heroic malch? seems really bs with those hero powers.
I played Nzoth Renolock and had a bunch of cards from Wild like Belcher, Dark Bomb, Healbot and Kelthuzad. Got all the board clears. I save my stuff, build up a taunt wall plus a bunch of deathrattles... then when he wipes the board I play Nzoth.

Once you have stabilized with Reno Jackson against the Orc, you just develop your hand and board with Deathrattles so when he does the Twisting Nether into hero power you are prepared. Don't kill her too early, just build up the wall and she can't do much. Without Reno Jackson she will easily kill you though.

gutshot

I did it with Reincarnate Shaman. Kel'thuzad, Reincarnate, Ancestral Spirit and the rest of the deck filled with on curve taunts. Play the taunts early to survive until you get KT. Then Reincarnate him so you have 2 KTs. Then just build a wall of taunts and don't kill the Orc until you have an Ancestral Spirit on one of your KTs. Once you have that, Twisting Nether does nothing. Then you can just go face against Malchezaar with your KTs basically making your board invincible.

rickyson1

I used a mage deck with kt/antonidas and counterspells

took a few tries to get the board setup I wanted going into the second match but if you can get antonidas or kt up with a counterspell you're in pretty good shape

i actually drew kt my first turn the game I won to go with the antonidas I had set up already,made for a hilariously easy game

Well, that was awkward.

33i5hxR.png

Yes, in the class challenge I played Anton and received 3 fireballs from spells. I played peddler the following turn once he killed Anton but the fireballs were still 4 mana.

That's pretty off then, hopefully it gets changed because I would guess that those are technically supposed to be 'Mage,' spells.

Miletius

Peddler rouge is amazingly fun, but probably not competitive. I feel like I'm always drowning in options (some pretty bad).

Two times so far though, Void Crusher has won me the game against folks who don't really understand how it works. Had one guy charge with a doomguard into my face, not realizing I could basically kill it for free the next turn (Void Crusher was already out).

Strider

I love the cards Mage got this adventure... Plus there are neutrals that can slide into mage decks like Medivh and Arcane Giant.

Mage will probably be my next golden class because I see myself spending a lot of time with it the next couple of months.

Hah TIL there's an attack chain in Hearthstone.

Misdirection changed the target of the attack from my face to faerie dragon then explosive trap proced and killed the faerie dragon and the doomguard attacked my face instead of a 3/0 faerie or just ended his attack.

patchday

In the new biggest bullshit of all time.

Dude drops Barnes which summons a 1/1 Yashraj which then in turn pulls 10/10 Yashraj from his deck.

Biggest bullshit ever.

Wish I were that lucky to witness that miracle. This is a true triumph of mathematics when you think about it lol. makes me wanna craft Yashraj but I already blew my dust on two other legendaries I wanted to run

Then again I think someone did it too me last night. I dont think its BS that dude got crazy lucky no doubt

Otnopolit

Game apparently glitched as I didn't receive my ranked chest (but somehow got the card back?) and pulled a Millhouse Manastorm out of a pack today. GG, Hearthstone, GG.

Pulling Millhouse should count as a reportable bug.

squidyj

I think a lot of people are going to put prince malchezaar in their deck and not really understand why they lose the games that they do and then write it down to bad luck.

wiibomb

Game apparently glitched as I didn't receive my ranked chest (but somehow got the card back?) and pulled a Millhouse Manastorm out of a pack today. GG, Hearthstone, GG.

Pulling Millhouse should count as a reportable bug.

Millhouse only exist in the game to let us know that blizzard can fuck out pack openings every time... never feel safe about that gold glimmer until you see it isn't millhouse

jgminto

It's sad that every time I Thoughtsteal a Call of the Wild as Priest I always win. Just shows how weak Hunter is without Call, they'd probably be worse than Priest.

Miletius

Kind of sad Shade of Aran doesn't say: "I'll show you this beaten dog still has some teeth!" though. Shade was my favorite Kara boss, so I'll always remember that line fondly.

I think a lot of people are going to put prince malchezaar in their deck and not really understand why they lose the games that they do and then write it down to bad luck.

I've already seen it 3-4 times and it only belonged in maybe 1-2 of those decks... maybe.

The funniest one was zoolock, with heavy discard mechanics. It did nothing but clog up their hand as they discarded twin emps and malch itself. It wasn't the dumbest thing though, because he had the imp out... but I'd imagine he'd be in a better spot with more useful cards.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the card even in a fatigue deck I'd add elise to the deck before malchezar. I guess once she rotates he might see play if control is a thing then.

The card is a trap for Timmy style players who just want to see cool/big minions. I can't see it being good for anything unless the number of released legendaries with great stats and no downside rises significantly. And at most mana levels also. The game just has too many bad legendary cards to play with him probably ever.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Um, is Heroic Netherspite the most horribly broken encounter they've ever done?

You basically have to play taunt minions so that you don't die in three turns, but you stick a single taunt dude in the blue beam and he derps until you kill him. The fuck?

squidyj

I've already seen it 3-4 times and it only belonged in maybe 1-2 of those decks... maybe.

The funniest one was zoolock, with heavy discard mechanics. It did nothing but clog up their hand as they discarded twin emps and malch itself. It wasn't the dumbest thing though, because he had the imp out... but I'd imagine he'd be in a better spot with more useful cards.

i doubt it belonged in any of those decks.

cHinzo

Omg I was so happy when I got Book Wyrm out of Netherspite Historian. Then played my dragon, the enemy played Water Elemental and I was like: "aww yiss, perfect time for Book Wyrm to shine!" Dropped Book Wyrm on the board without having a dragon in hand, gg. >_>

The card is a trap for Timmy style players who just want to see cool/big minions. I can't see it being good for anything unless the number of released legendaries with great stats and no downside rises significantly. And at most mana levels also. The game just has too many bad legendary cards to play with him probably ever.
If the meta shifts completely to control and games go to fatigue you'll be happy about the 5 cards extra.

That will never happen though.

Asbel

Omg I was so happy when I got Book Wyrm out of Netherspite Historian. Then played my dragon, the enemy played Water Elemental and I was like: "aww yiss, perfect time for Book Wyrm to shine!" Dropped Book Wyrm on the board without having a dragon in hand, gg. >_>
Lol, sorry to hear but thanks for the laugh.

cHinzo

So anyone play with the new dragon cards? Threw together a dragon priest but havent really tested it out yet.
I've put those new cards in a randomly made Dragon Pally deck. Book Wyrm is great. Big body and a Shadow Word: Pain in one. Can also combine it with Aldor, since Paladin has trouble removing single target stuff. Netherspirit Historian is fine with only 1 in the deck I think. A 1/3 body doesn't really do much, but getting an extra Dragon card out of it gives some flexibility. Had soms good ones out of discover, like Book Wyrm, Dragon Consort and Chillmaw.

Still, I need to find a way to get a better early game. Paladin's 1 and 2 drops are all terrible and usually u don't play Aldor on curve either. Wish those good early Dragon cards weren't all class based...

Dahbomb

I don't see Malchazaar being good in stuff outside of fatigue decks like the Fat Warrior deck. Right now the game isn't in a state where that stuff is possible but who knows down the line it might be.

For the record in that type of deck you run both Elise and Malchazaar so it's not like one is competing over the other. When going for maximum greed you go all the way.

So really my initial impression hasn't changed much at all.

I don't see Malchazaar being good in stuff outside of fatigue decks like the Fat Warrior deck. Right now the game isn't in a state where that stuff is possible but who knows down the line it might be.

For the record in that type of deck you run both Elise and Malchazaar so it's not like one is competing over the other. When going for maximum greed you go all the way.

So really my initial impression hasn't changed much at all.

Disagree Elise is enough for fatigue warrior if it were a thing right now. Malchezar dilutes your draws too early and makes a later impact as a minion played, which is worse in either case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom