• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Disagree Elise is enough for fatigue warrior if it were a thing right now. Malchezar dilutes your draws too early and makes a later impact as a minion played, which is worse in either case.
Yeah but what if BOTH Warrior players are using Elise...

You get those extra Legendaries in the mirror which is what this is for... have the most threats available.

And I am obviously talking about a fictional meta where you can actually play this greedy and not get superbly punished for it.

Yeah but what if BOTH Warrior players are using Elise...

You get those extra Legendaries in the mirror which is what this is for... have the most threats available.

And I am obviously talking about a fictional meta where you can actually play this greedy and not get superbly punished for it.

That's true. Like I said before malchezar might see play once she rotates in fat decks if those still exist.

How funny would it be for a tournament player to put him into Reno Lock and get a 2nd Reno

manhack

Is Prince malchezaar a good card? No.

Should we be Surprised that people are trying him out on the first day of a new expansion? No

I don't see Malchazaar being good in stuff outside of fatigue decks like the Fat Warrior deck. Right now the game isn't in a state where that stuff is possible but who knows down the line it might be.

For the record in that type of deck you run both Elise and Malchazaar so it's not like one is competing over the other. When going for maximum greed you go all the way.

So really my initial impression hasn't changed much at all.

I think people underestimated elise because people didn't realize you could just put more cycle in your deck to hit your more important cards. Then the leftover cycle becomes legendary cards.

With Malchezar, I think you can justify more cycle the same way with elise, except you don't have to wait for the monkey to hit those higher value cards. I don't think it needs to be a super greedy deck, but it definitely fits the theme.

I don't think that discard lock was crazy for trying out malchezar, because when you're cycling your deck as fast as you can with that set up, it could be great pick ups. And if not, they just get cycled like any other card that isn't great in that situation. And it's not just the imp that cycles, it's also the 2 drop that discards + draws on death. And if you have 2 imps out, you draw twice for each discard. Discard lock could potentially be the fastest deck in terms of card velocity, perhaps even faster than auctioneer.

edit:
Another thing about the card, it's incredibly hard to play around. I've seen pros talk about playing around spells off of spellslinger... malchezzar is that times 5.

You can't get repeat legendaries.

that's a bummer would have been fun and makes the card so much worse.

I think people underestimated elise because people didn't realize you could just put more cycle in your deck to hit your more important cards. Then the leftover cycle becomes legendary cards.

With Malchezar, I think you can justify more cycle the same way with elise, except you don't have to wait for the monkey to hit those higher value cards. I don't think it needs to be a super greedy deck, but it definitely fits the theme.

Did anyone number crunch the chances for good hits? Malchezar has a lot of downsides he makes mulligan much much worse for instance.

patchday

maybe Prince Mal could work in my control shaman deck but meh, those matches can go so long. I did a match against a control priest for bout 10 mins last night. finally ended in my defeat cause he was mind controlling and entombing my minions. I really cant fathom why they added mind control and entomb there's 0 counter to that crap. Maybe Counterspell or Spellsinger would block those. It's no small wonder why ladder is full of aggro

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just got blown the fuck out in arena by this rogue. His Turn 1 was Wisp, Murloc Tinyfin, and Buckaneer. D=

All heroics done, not too bad. Chess was by far the worst, with Nazra/Malchezaar probably giving me the most trouble aside from that. At least there was nothing as dumb as Skelesaurus Hex.

Netherspite historian seems good. I cut ysera from my dragon list and included 2 of the historians. They'll not only help some with early aggression, they'll provide additional late game opportunities as well. I still have chillmaw, lightlord, and tirion in case they whiff. Against hunter I got drakonid crusher the turn I dropped him to 15, so... yeah pretty hot.

One card I haven't fit into the deck or tried yet is bookwyrm. Bookwyrm seems okay. But right now ivory knight is clutch vs aggression all the same, and can provide a win off the discover all by itself... so it might be tough to cut for a more situational card, even though it's a dragon.

Netherspite historian seems good. I cut ysera from my dragon list and included 2 of the historians. They'll not only help some with early aggression, they'll provide additional late game opportunities as well. I still have chillmaw, lightlord, and tirion in case they whiff. Against hunter I got drakonid crusher the turn I dropped him to 15, so... yeah pretty hot.

One card I haven't fit into the deck or tried yet is bookwyrm. Bookwyrm seems okay. But right now ivory knight is clutch vs aggression all the same, and can provide a win off the discover all by itself... so it might be tough to cut for a more situational card, even though it's a dragon.

How has Nightbane Templar been?

ZeroX03

Banned
That's true. Like I said before malchezar might see play once she rotates in fat decks if those still exist.

How funny would it be for a tournament player to put him into Reno Lock and get a 2nd Reno

I had a guy playing a Renolock deck. Plays his Reno to stop lethal. Plays Elise. Gets the monkey out. Plays a second Reno to stop a second lethal. Was not impressed.

How has Nightbane Templar been?

Great. It's much better than blackwing tech imo. I think it favors certain match ups that paladin needs help against, like zoo and hunter. Whereas BW tech favors slower match ups, where paladin is stronger against on the whole.

I've been running it for a week now so I can safely say it's a keeper.

This is the list I am running now. I haven't played this exact list a ton yet, but it's not far off from the list I was using last week and feels as good so far.

squidyj

I don't think that discard lock was crazy for trying out malchezar, because when you're cycling your deck as fast as you can with that set up, it could be great pick ups. And if not, they just get cycled like any other card that isn't great in that situation. And it's not just the imp that cycles, it's also the 2 drop that discards + draws on death. And if you have 2 imps out, you draw twice for each discard. Discard lock could potentially be the fastest deck in terms of card velocity, perhaps even faster than auctioneer.

edit:
Another thing about the card, it's incredibly hard to play around. I've seen pros talk about playing around spells off of spellslinger... malchezzar is that times 5.

I would agree with the idea of putting threats in your deck if it wasn't for the fact that malchezaar obeys deckbuilding rules.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Light lord, which was awesome.

And Rhonin, the Mage legendary

Well it certainly works in Yogg and Load. Run one Kings Elek as well for better draw potential. Could see it working in every hunter deck since everyone runs Call of the Wild.

Those are two pretty damn good pulls. Sounds kind of disgusting. Medivh seems really strong.

Great. It's much better than blackwing tech imo. I think it favors certain match ups that paladin needs help against, like zoo and hunter. Whereas BW tech favors slower match ups, where paladin is stronger against on the whole.

I've been running it for a week now so I can safely say it's a keeper.

This is the list I am running now. I haven't played this exact list a ton yet, but it's not far off from the list I was using last week and feels as good so far.

Have you tried a rallying blade before? I like having it since I can coin it out on turn 2 and it still lets me kill off anything with Keeper

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Last month i theory crafted that Prince Malchezaar would be great in a heal paladin deck because it lets you fill your deck with all the heal stuffs against aggro, and let Malchezaar win you the game against control through fatigue, and it seems to be working wonderfully so far.

Will report back after more testing.

Have you tried a rallying blade before? I like having it since I can coin it out on turn 2 and it still lets me kill off anything with Keeper

I've tried it in other control paladin lists. It's not bad. What it comes down to, at least for me, is that I am trying to get away with the least amount of early game as possible and I think the 3 mana fiery war axe just barely doesn't make the cut because of truesilver champion, and the fact that the other 3 drops are just as good if not better (aldor peacekeeper + nightbane templar).

jgminto

Has anyone tried Medivh in Druid? I feel like it could be pretty powerful when ramped out. A 5 Drop, Draw 3 cards or Heal 6 Health and Summon Two 6 Drops would be pretty powerful effects too.

Levi

Banned
I just lost to some guy running a 35 legendary deck. I was way way ahead of him until he dropped Varian on curve and pulled three 9+ drops.

I still would have won if either of my brawls had turned up.

Can't believe I lost to some guy running a meme deck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
One positive of using Malchezaar to cover all your late game is none of your late game will show up in mulligans.

Didn't realize that before.

squidyj

I just lost to some guy running a 35 legendary deck. I was way way ahead of him until he dropped Varian on curve and pulled three 9+ drops.

I still would have won if either of my brawls had turned up.

Can't believe I lost to some guy running a meme deck.

at least he was rich.

One positive of using Malchezaar to cover all your late game is none of your late game will show up in mulligans.

Didn't realize that before.

until you get cards like mukla and pagle.
someone should write a malchezaar simulator

patchday

goodness ranked is always so bad in early month. getting tired of getitng forced into casual til all the higher ranks level back up.

guess I'll go back to my bread and butter builds. was hoping to make good use of new cards but everyone still running their same netdecks

I just beat a tempo mage whose yogg almost killed him from fatigue on the spot... then the last few cards played animal companion, buffed the hell out of it, siphon souled the 2/2 next to it... and gang up'd the animal companion. He was 2 in 2 fatigue hits but the gang up saved his ass... until the very last round where he was 2 short of lethal and died to the fatigue.

prince malchazaar is kinda fun with kings elekk. lol. since you almost always win the jousts. if only hunter had some freakin card draw. i wonder if you could make a cancer deck with that. kinda hard considering hunter has such bad board clears. i need to make yogg, then i can roll with savanah, yogg, mediv, and a bunch of spells.

edit: the larger my collection becomes, the more hesitant i become to dust anything. it's a weird inversion there. i guess ill finally say goodbye to the gold leeroy i pulled since i made him regular before i pulled it. as cool as he is, i wanna play some ignorant creative shit atm

edit: the larger my collection becomes, the more hesitant i become to dust anything. it's a weird inversion there. i guess ill finally say goodbye to the gold leeroy i pulled since i made him regular before i pulled it. as cool as he is, i wanna play some ignorant creative shit atm

Don't, golden leroy double PO is ultimate BM

spoon!

Done with heroic. Love the card back, probably my favourite next to the LoE staff.

Now to mess around with burgle Malygos rogue.

Gonna try the 35 Prince guy in Casual and see how it goes. Got him in this Hunter deck

water u usin? mines p stupid
GEJs0ga.jpg

id like to have a doomsayer or two but then it kinda fucks with elekk. elekk wins like almost every joust bc of prince. although i guess i could drop the grandmas for sayers. idk any ideas to make this less stupid? its fun tho. curator pulls ysera and often random junk prince put in my deck lol

also running curator/mediv/yogg/finley/ysera/reno hunter now for shits and giggles.

patchday

I have this Mage dominance quest so went with a Secret Mage + Acolyte + Prince + ragnaros, etc. will post screenie in a bit. Made it for some giggles. Running counterspell and Spellbinders to troll my opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom