• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Doing my part for science and testing out some of these new cards, here's the Warrior Portal and Prince M in a deck together:

T6KHemN.jpg

Let's just say it didn't go well:

6l0woNG.jpg

Fuck Prince Malcheezy and Fuck Ironforge Portal.

PPdAkW6.jpg

Dropped from 17 to 19, Sciencing.

Portugeezer

Prince Malchezaar and Book Wyrm have been insane for me in my Dragon Hunter deck.

Haven't seen much Warlock though, interested to see how the new Discardlock is, seems like it could be insane if you draw well.

embalm

I got to try out 3 decks last night and all of them played pretty well. One was a lot more fun than the others.

Yogg & Maly & Medivh Druid
A spell focused deck with the usual Ramp mechanics. I've seen the deck tried out before, but it had such little come back potential that it never really worked out. When Yogg came out the deck got it's come back mechanic. Medivh another great come back mechanic combining your clears with new minions. Lastly Moonglade Portal adds some much needed healing to stabilize and pull you out of lethal range.
I've been having a lot of fun with this deck. It has some fun random cards, some insane board flipping moments, and it plays very differently than the mid-range decks. I'm not sure how strong it is yet, but it's doing pretty well in the scrub ranks.

2x Innervate
2x Moonfire
2x Living Root
2x Raven Idol

1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath

1x Fandral Staghelm
2x Swipe

2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw (Might get replaced by Violet Teacher)
1x Nourish

1x Emporer Thaur
2x Moonglade Portal
1x Sylvanas (Might get dropped for more draw, maybe a Gadgetzan Auctioneer)

1x Medivh
1x Malygos
1x Yogg-Saron

Pooya

best deck of karazhan seems to be... face shaman. They got two new good cards, xixo's list with claw and portals looks really strong, they needed that help, maybe shaman can be viable now. /s

I like how doomhammer isn't even a huge deal in face shaman. you can win without it just fine lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Good Me thinks I should prioritize crafting Sylvanas, Alex, Ragnaros and Bloodmage, core cards that won't rotate.

Evil Me wants to craft Y'Shaarj, N'Zoth and Vek'lor to troll some fools in fun decks.

What a quandary.

dbd57bcbb3fff7245025a39061012200.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Good Me thinks I should prioritize crafting Sylvanas, Alex, Ragnaros and Bloodmage, core cards that won't rotate.

Evil Me wants to craft Y'Shaarj, N'Zoth and Vek'lor to troll some fools in fun decks.

What a quandary.

Nzoth and Veklor aren't troll cards though.

You should always craft cards with a specific deck or decks in mind. Crafting sylv with no specific deck in mind might leave you too dust poor to actually build a deck where she is useful.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm trying to choose between crafting thalnos and doomsayers for control mage and freeze mage and future rogue usage or Justicar, shield slams and Brawl for control warrior action.

Justicar rotates out soonish which sucks, but getting 5-7 months out of 1600 dust doesn't seem too bad.

I still won't be able to do cthun warrior because of a lack of veklor, but I have Nzoth so I could try that deck.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really like Justicar, but there's no deck I'd use them in and they're up for rotation.

Doomsayers are a good idea. I should get those.

wiibomb

I'm trying to choose between crafting thalnos and doomsayers for control mage and freeze mage and future rogue usage or Justicar, shield slams and Brawl for control warrior action.

Justicar rotates out soonish which sucks, but getting 5-7 months out of 1600 dust doesn't seem too bad.

I still won't be able to do cthun warrior because of a lack of veklor, but I have Nzoth so I could try that deck.

do you have all the other quality legendaries? Justicar isn't such a good idea when she is rotating so soon, thalnos is a very good option, though, since it is a card used in many decks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
do you have all the other quality legendaries? Justicar isn't such a good idea when she is rotating so soon, thalnos is a very good option, though since it is a card used in many decks.

I have a lot of the generic "good" legendaries like Sylv, Rag, Cairne, Nzoth etc.

I am missing tons of class legendaries but not really important ones for classes I play except for Archmage Tony.

Thalnos doesn't really enable new decks that I want to use like Justicar does. I really want to try control warrior out but it seems useless to do so without Justicar. Thalnos is a great card, but can be sort of kind of replaced with either cult sorc or loot hoarder. Not as good of course, but it isn't really a deck ruiner to miss it.

wiibomb

I have a lot of the generic "good" legendaries like Sylv, Rag, Cairne, Nzoth etc.

I am missing tons of class legendaries but not really important ones for classes I play except for Archmage Tony.

Thalnos doesn't really enable new decks that I want to use like Justicar does. I really want to try control warrior out but it seems useless to do so without Justicar. Thalnos is a great card, but can be sort of kind of replaced with either cult sorc or loot hoarder. Not as good of course, but it isn't really a deck ruiner to miss it.

seems like you are pretty set. why not craft it if you want it? yeah yeah it rotates soon, but you might get enough dust to craft any other legendary before then

patchday

What a quandary.

I crafted Ragnaros and Hallazeal the Ascended. I've wanted Hallazeal for months so finally broke down and used my own dust. He has been very fun. Not trying to recommend him or anything I'm sure Kripp etc would say craft Ragnaros, Sylvannas (used in 30% of decks so she's a no brainer), Twin cthun dude, and that druid no-brainer Falgren (sp?)

Got a bunch of other legends from packs (Antonios, Rhonin, Malygos, golden Cairne, etc)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone found a solid discolock deck list yet?

I was using the list I saw sjow playing last night. 10-3 right now though the start of a season especially with after the expansion can be kinda weird.

T7v4HJo.png

He actually cut PO that he had before, this is less token heavy so instead has pretty much pure minions. I've actually had the god open of Imp into Librarian discarding Golem twice already, though imp into librarian has pretty much always been good and pretty frequent. She's also pretty clutch as a topdeck later in the game before you tap.

I'm sure a traditional list just with imps, soulfires and doomguards would be fine though. Double imps on the board into a turn 5 doomguard is pretty disgusting.

Oh, and Peddler actually got EVEN BETTER than before now that he can get imp. You also can pick soulfire more frequently, had a match just a few minutes ago where I topdecked soulfire, used it then tapped into peddler for another soulfire, next turn I topdecked the other peddler for ANOTHER soulfire, tapped and got the second soulfire. It was dumb as hell.

Levi

Banned

Well, you'll have Justicar forever, and it'll always be a strong card in wild.

If you don't care for wild, than it's only a 1200 dust investment, and you'll have a half a year to use it. Control Priest, Control Paladin and especially Control Warrior are much improved with that card.

Don't be like me, I never played the old combo Grim Patron deck and I regret it, and now it's gone forever.

Once it's too late to play Justicar Warrior in standard you don't want to look back and wish you'd tried it while you could.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

If you don't care for wild, than it's only a 1200 dust investment, and you'll have a half a year to use it. Control Priest, Control Paladin and especially Control Warrior are much improved with that card.

Don't be like me, I never played the old combo Grim Patron deck and I regret it, and now it's gone forever.

Once it's too late to play Justicar Warrior in standard you don't want to look back and wish you'd tried it while you could.

Lol, you might be slightly biased. But it's your ass that makes me want to try control warrior.

Is cthun your favorite version right now?

Dahbomb

I have the same list as Sjow only instead of a second Councilman I have a Leeroy. I also have one copy of Demonfire in there.

Legendary balance and one per deck has always rubbed me the wrong way. Often just bombs you hope to get but can't rely on. But Hearthstone wants that big luck element. And the design on so many of them are weird or just unplayable.
No other card game I've played has the "1x" rule for legendaries, and I really do dislike it.

I'm surprised that you never played Grim Patron. It's the most fun Warrior deck IMO.

clav

Do you have epics? Epic cards in this game I think are far more valuable than legendaries.

A Control Warrior without brawl is not a Control Warrior.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have the same list as Sjow only instead of a second Councilman I have a Leeroy. I also have one copy of Demonfire in there.

Yeah I could definitely see both of those. There's so many demons now that demonfire could be pretty legit.

ZeroX03

Banned
No other card game I've played has the "1x" rule for legendaries, and I really do dislike it.

Some card games have restricted lists for select cards...

...but tutoring is a thing in most card games so it's to stop multiple copies reliably hitting the field, not to make it something you can miss altogether. 1x Legend just makes it a roll of the dice because outside of something like Elekk manipulation you can't stop something like Reno or C'Thun being on the bottom of your deck and likely screwing you. And of course cards like Reno are balanced around being one offs.

Do you have epics? Epic cards in this game I think are far more valuable than legendaries.

Very true.

Brawl is the worst card in the game, I hate it so.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I would be crafting two shield slams and one brawl along with the justicar to complete the control warrior shell.

Levi

Banned
Lol, you might be slightly biased. But it's your ass that makes me want to try control warrior.

Is cthun your favorite version right now?

It's probably the most effective version, but my favorite is plain old standard control warrior.

I'm surprised that you never played Grim Patron. It's the most fun Warrior deck IMO.

Well, for a very long time I had a strong aversion to playing decks I thought were "cheap" or "unfair". Then I realized I was just holding myself back for no reason.

The worst part is looking back, seeing how fun that deck was, and knowing I'll never be able to experience it the way it used to be.

Some card games have restricted lists for select cards...

...but tutoring is a thing in most card games so it's to stop multiple copies reliably hitting the field, not to make it something you can miss altogether. 1x Legend just makes it a roll of the dice because outside of something like Elekk manipulation you can't stop something like Reno or C'Thun being on the bottom of your deck and likely screwing you. And of course cards like Reno are balanced around being one offs.

Tutoring is slowly getting implemented into Hearthstone. Ancient Harbinger was printed in WOTOG. It sucks, but it does allow you to target specific draws. And we just got The Curator. Depending on how you build your deck, you can have it target 3 specific cards.

fertygo

One copy of Legendary is one of best thing from HS Compared to other card games, its made the card felt satisfying to use and had..

Now if only you can't being like god with common card lol, its kinda ruin that aspect.. its very good for new player I guess.

Dahbomb

HS having one Legendary limit is one of the best things about it.

It allows Legendaries to be designed as being really strong without being game breaking. One Tirion in a game usually is fine but I don't want to be playing around two Tirions. Same for stuff like Nzoth, Fandral, Antonidas etc. I mean we all complained about Dr Balanced but there was only one of him and you didn't have to deal with two of them like Mysterious Challenger (which should've been a Legendary).

It also makes it much easier to finish your collection. Getting a Legendary that you don't have fills a big hole in your collection. If you are playing a game that allows you to have 3 copies of a Legendary equivalent, then even when you get one copy of a super powerful Legendary you are only 1/3rds away from completing it.

It also makes deck building more dynamic. Right now there isn't much to deck building in HS but if you were allowed to have two copies of a Legendary then that's one less card you would have to worry about in your deck.

The one copy restriction makes it so that there's a big distinction between an Epic and a Legendary.

Now the game being so that you can dominate with commons vs Legendaries is a SEPARATE issue entirely. That's more balancing issue than a core fundamental problem.

Also in YGO some cards are Limited to one or two due to high power level.

Pooya

my games today;

equip 1/3 weapon turn 1. Turn 2 roll spell power 1 in 4 for clean kill.

tuskarr totemic into manatide, my hand was so bad thanks game.

I'm looking at 50/50 deadly shot, it misses and I have to trade my highmane, I lose because of it.

Next game, I have got nothing against this dragon warrior, essnetially I had to use everything to clear his stuff and I'm at 16 hp, he play curator and draws 2 cards too I have nothing.

I top deck call of the wild right on turn 8 (pretty sure it's rigged to make more dramatic esport events, oh got call of the wild on 8 so exicting!! casters shouting and shit, like this happens far too often). into call of the wild. I win the game with empty hand. Nice game.

Next game, all of luck runs out, this zoo plays doom guard into double golem discard on turn 5, of course rest of his hand isn't discarded instead. I just lose on the spot.

This is the most trash meta I've played in two years of this game. With secret paladin you knew exactly what would happen next kinda similar to call of the wild hunter, now it's just clown fiesta with insane swings you can't play around at all. Whether I win or lose, it's not fun. rip the game is completely screwed. Karazhan RNG cards are terrible and we already had a bunch terrible cards. Whatever next set is it's not going to make it better, it's not possible.

DSmalls84

I was using the list I saw sjow playing last night. 10-3 right now though the start of a season especially with after the expansion can be kinda weird.

T7v4HJo.png

He actually cut PO that he had before, this is less token heavy so instead has pretty much pure minions. I've actually had the god open of Imp into Librarian discarding Golem twice already, though imp into librarian has pretty much always been good and pretty frequent. She's also pretty clutch as a topdeck later in the game before you tap.

I'm sure a traditional list just with imps, soulfires and doomguards would be fine though. Double imps on the board into a turn 5 doomguard is pretty disgusting.

Oh, and Peddler actually got EVEN BETTER than before now that he can get imp. You also can pick soulfire more frequently, had a match just a few minutes ago where I topdecked soulfire, used it then tapped into peddler for another soulfire, next turn I topdecked the other peddler for ANOTHER soulfire, tapped and got the second soulfire. It was dumb as hell.

Thanks this is a pretty fun deck to play and I was getting tired of standard Zoo and Reno. Seems to work pretty well so far.

Zoggy

best deck of karazhan seems to be... face shaman. They got two new good cards, xixo's list with claw and portals looks really strong, they needed that help, maybe shaman can be viable now. /s

I like how doomhammer isn't even a huge deal in face shaman. you can win without it just fine lol.
People always kept saying we need cheap aoe to counter aggro yet the deck that best utilizes maelstrom portal is face shaman lol

Salex_

I would have lost if my hand wasn't this good. I got Questing from my Barnes btw.

Barnes is such a ridiculous card. Potentially giving you a massive (or auto-win) tempo swing with no real "bad" outcome.

my games today;
[...]
This is the most trash meta I've played in two years of this game. With secret paladin you knew exactly what would happen next kinda similar to call of the wild hunter, now it's just clown fiesta with insane swings you can't play around at all. Whether I win or lose, it's not fun. rip the game is completely screwed. Karazhan RNG cards are terrible and we already had a bunch terrible cards. Whatever next set is it's not going to make it better, it's not possible.
Pretty much sums up my games lately. RNG is just too much of a factor and I'm rarely in a position to outplay my opponent. The HS team has "RNG is fun, fun is RNG" drilled into their head after the last 2 adventures. Gotta reduce the amount of possible plays for the highlights. It's a shame because the game is a ton of fun when the bad RNG isn't a factor (Like Tuskarr Totemic....and Tuskarr Totemic). I wish they pushed Discover as much as they push these random cards. Discover is such a great mechanic in this game. Picking the best card requires you to think about the entire match up until that point, your opponent's possible remaining cards, and the board state. That's a positive outcome for the game.

Is face Druid a thing now? Saber with stealth, Mark, Raven, Stranglehorn Tiger, Druid of the Claw, etc.

Making my way through Karazhan. The chess game was pretty fun. I wonder if they can make a weekly Brawl out of it.

I thought the Magic Mirror stage would be your opponent summoning a copy (like Mirror Entity) but you summon a copy yourself. Good thing I picked my Mage deck. Double Emperor and Azure Drake made things easy.

patchday

my games today;

equip 1/3 weapon turn 1. Turn 2 roll spell power 1 in 4 for clean kill.

tuskarr totemic into manatide, my hand was so bad thanks game.

I'm looking at 50/50 deadly shot, it misses and I have to trade my highmane, I lose because of it.

Next game, I have got nothing against this dragon warrior, essnetially I had to use everything to clear his stuff and I'm at 16 hp, he play curator and draws 2 cards too I have nothing.

I top deck call of the wild right on turn 8 (pretty sure it's rigged to make more dramatic esport events, oh got call of the wild on 8 so exicting!! casters shouting and shit, like this happens far too often). into call of the wild. I win the game with empty hand. Nice game.

Next game, all of luck runs out, this zoo plays doom guard into double golem discard on turn 5, of course rest of his hand isn't discarded instead. I just lose on the spot.

not trying to be a dick but to be honest every time I read your posts I keep wondering why you still play. As soon as League of Legends became unfun for me I bounced fast. Surely you got much more fun things to do if the game isn't fun if you're winning or losing. There's just way too many other games to play yo

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is face Druid a thing now? Saber with stealth, Mark, Raven, Stranglehorn Tiger, Druid of the Claw, etc.

Making my way through Karazhan. The chess game was pretty fun. I wonder if they can make a weekly Brawl out of it.

I thought the Magic Mirror stage would be your opponent summoning a copy (like Mirror Entity) but you summon a copy yourself. Good thing I picked my Mage deck. Double Emperor and Azure Drake made things easy.

They had a multiplayer version of the chess thing at the launch party, so I'd be surprised if they don't include it in a brawl, unless they decided it was bad for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom