• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, you're arguing against it.

Re-read what I said. I'm pretty apathetic towards the issue, but I never argued they shouldn't sell them. People did have 2 years and several months before it happened they had the opportunity to unlock the wings if they really wanted to. If you missed out, it's just what it is. It's not like you only had a small window to buy the adventures.

I played secret dragon paladin and got crushed and dropped all the way down to 20, . I've not been to 20 in ages lol. Like my draws were so bad, no matter what I had all of 5 secrets in my hand. On paper it should have worked but nope. I like juggler/templar combo but the deck performed horribly.

Cut the secret stuff, played a more midrange deck but still I have 2x pyro 2x eq and a doomsayer. I guess it's not that midrange. It crushes zoo really easily but not sure more than that how good it is.

Book Wyrm is ok but what's more useful is the historian. You can keep guardian, play this get another dragon for your guardian activation. It's its main purpose, extra value is a bonus. Nice card. Got Alex from it and sneaked in a win, maybe Alex is actually good to have in a deck instead of Ysera I'm playing right now. You can reliably get a big guy from them, maybe you can afford to not play any big dragon at all.
Alex + Tirion means your Ashbringer is lethal.

clav

Don't think Blizzard wants to sell them anyway.

You're given a warning verification when you try crafting a Wild card after pressing craft.

Levi

Banned
I think Blizzard thinks that if they sell Wild Packs/Adventures, their customer service is going to be inundated with customer's demanding refunds because they bought cards they can't use (in standard).

It also keeps the client streamlined and approachable.

If you go into the store and there's a million different pack types and adventures, that might turn people off.

wiibomb

Re-read what I said. I'm pretty apathetic towards the issue, but I never argued they shouldn't sell them. People did have 2 years and several months before it happened they had the opportunity to unlock the wings if they really wanted to. If you missed out, it's just what it is. It's not like you only had a small window to buy the adventures.

this is part of an old argument about content lost.. these digital games have a tendency of just losing content without any way to obtain it. Kind of sad in my opinion since I would have liked to buy now Naxx just to have my collection of all adventures

I just cracked up as my zoolock opponent got over-excited to play leeroy top deck, thinking he could use chillmaw deathrattle to kill the whelps, but not realizing his leeroy would die with it.

this is part of an old argument about content lost.. these digital games have a tendency of just losing content without any way to obtain it. Kind of sad in my opinion since I would have liked to buy now Naxx just to have my collection of all adventures

I can play the content still fine, as can anyone else who bought the adventures while they were being sold. They aren't lost, they just aren't being sold to people who haven't bought at least one wing.

edit:
For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind them re-releasing the wings for sale... or even introducing some cards back into standard for a rotation.

Xanathus

The reason they don't want to keep selling the old adventures is because they don't want to have to keep re-testing the battles every time they patch something since they did not set up any regression tests for them which is kinda understandable. One of the boss fights in BRM got bugged to be stupidly easy because the boss' hero power got broken in a patch, but it could easily go the other way around where a battle becomes unwinnable because of a patch. By limiting the number of adventures they have to maintain they ease up on the dev manpower. If one of the Naxx or GVG bosses was completely unwinnable I imagine they would put it on the lowest fix priority.

I'm liking Dragon Paladin a lot. The fact that the Netherspite Historians pretty much allow you to leave the late game dragons out of your deck is huge.

Probably still needs a lot of refinement but I think there will end up being a list that is really strong.

Another game vs yogg mage where yogg almost single handedly won him the game. I'll paint you a picture. Top decks yogg the turn before he loses. Plays yogg and the first spell is twisting nether. Then it plays him mind games and 2 stand against darkness, as well as several draw cards.

It turns out he gets a major domo from that rogue discover card and manages to kill it bringing him from 1 hp (with me having lethal from hand) to 8 hp, with a hero power that can win him the game in itself.

I still managed to scrape by a win... he ran into fatigue and couldn't kill me or clear my board and I was just lucky his rag shots didn't hit me in the face a few times in a row.

Talk about the RNG... the guy had no board presence, almost no hand, nearly dead, with me at full hp... and then suddenly he has 7 minions on board with me having none, having drawn several cards.

Still did not feel good to win that. And it would have been way worse to lose it that way. Some people might argue, well that's a 10 mana card it has to be great to even be played. But at least with n'zoth and c'thun etc., you can plan for that.

manhack

Step 1: Make a greedy ass Burgle Dragon Curator Rogue

Step 2: Queue againsts control warrior.

Step 3: Burgle a Varian Wrynn and bait out brawl.

Step 4: Play Varian

o9ugX7o.png

Ahhh the joys of Season Reset and new content

Dahbomb

Hearthstone would make an excellent anime though.

"I have lethal on board with 2 4 mana 7/7s. My next attack will finish your pathetic tournament run!"

"Not so fast... as long as I have one HP I am still in this."

"Draw... I play the magic spell UNSTABLE PORTAL. I pay two mana to receive a random minion and its cost is reduced by 3."

"Old Gods grant me power beyond power... ahah! You had a good run Not-Kaiba but I am afraid that I will to be winning this duel after all...."

"Impossible!!! You have no hopes of beating my double 4 mana 7/7s. You have used both Fireballs and Polymorphs... that measly portal isn't going to save you now!"

"Come forth.... DEATHWING, THE POWER INCARNATE!!!! With this minion's Battlecry I destroy all minions on the battlefield!!!"

"NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO.... MY 4 MANA 7/7s!!!!

patchday

Hearthstone would make an excellent anime though.

"I have lethal on board with 2 4 mana 7/7s. My next attack will finish your pathetic tournament run!"

"Not so fast... as long as I have one HP I am still in this."

"Draw... I play the magic spell UNSTABLE PORTAL. I pay two mana to receive a random minion and its cost is reduced by 3."

"Old Gods grant me power beyond power... ahah! You had a good run Not-Kaiba but I am afraid that I will to be winning this duel after all...."

"Impossible!!! You have no hopes of beating my double 4 mana 7/7s. You have used both Fireballs and Polymorphs... that measly portal isn't going to save you now!"

"Come forth.... DEATHWING, THE POWER INCARNATE!!!! With this minion's Battlecry I destroy all minions on the battlefield!!!"

"NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO.... MY 4 MANA 7/7s!!!!

This post deserves like 100+ likes. Reminds me of that comedy short a fan made with Kripp vs Ben Brode on youtube

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ummm can anybody explain this? Rogue had misdirect up and my minion hit my face and this happened.

wNQBN17.jpg

There's no way that is supposed to happen right?

I think Blizzard thinks that if they sell Wild Packs/Adventures, their customer service is going to be inundated with customer's demanding refunds because they bought cards they can't use (in standard).

It also keeps the client streamlined and approachable.

If you go into the store and there's a million different pack types and adventures, that might turn people off.

This is the same company that said more than nine deck slots would confuse players. It's something along those lines.

They should still sell the adventures to people who didn't gain access to them before they were rotated out. Packs I understand not having because you can just craft the cards anyway, but the adventures have content outside the cards. It's odd to just remove that from the game for new players just because the cards aren't part of standard.

Sell them for real money only, put a big disclaimer, maybe even only sell them out of game if they are really worried about confusing people.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizard is just considering marketing options, I'm sure they will eventually come up with something. Stuff like limited windows to buy old adventures (With Cash), or sets of old packs (Also with Cash). I think they are waiting till the next set of expansions rotate out of Standard, once that happens wild should pick up in popularity a lot, and it will be easier to sell old content.

patchday

Yeah its strange us newer players cannot buy older expansions. But yeah it took me quite awhile to even find the option to craft Wild cards and even do the Wild ladder lol. It's kinda like they trying to hide it from noobs

Yeah its strange us newer players cannot buy older expansions. But yeah it took me quite awhile to even find the option to craft Wild cards and even do the Wild ladder lol. It's kinda like they trying to hide it from noobs

They actually are hiding wild from new players. They want new players to be exposed to standard first. It is overwhelming to a new player to see so many expansions in the store, and adventures to pick from, and the cards etc.. Imagine the game in 2 more years after we have 10 expansions/adventures. They want people to be able to start the game without being completely overwhelmed even then.

patchday

Man my Ancestral/Control Shaman took bout 9 mins to take down this Paladin. It's interesting deck to play but the matches can go so long. And this pally wasn't even a control deck- he was simply trying to go aggro with divine shields via that Stewart

Miletius

Anyone wanna post their burglar rogue deck? Just crafted grand crusader for this

Maybe the arcane giants are too much.

Little late but here's my take on it. It's basically the classic gadgetzan rogue shell with burglar, huckster, burgle peddler, giants, and yogg. It's been doing pretty well so far, I'd probably put VC in too if I had him.

Y7VRzxC.jpg

That's intentional. Wild is basically a compromise with established players in mind. Blizzard wants newer players in their preferred format.

bunbun777

IF I was a new player I would be discouraged from a collector's standpoint of the amount of dust it would take to get the cards from discontinued expansions. But blizzard obviously prioritizes it's fanbase with dummies then suckers (I'm the latter)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is Cult Sorcerer like low key one of the most overpowered cards Blizzard has ever printed?

Looking at that thing next to Kobold is so ridiculous lol.

Cult Sorcerer is not that OP. She's basically on the same level as something like Bloodmage Thalnos or Azure Drake in terms of value for her cost. OP enough to see play in Constructed but she's not suffocating in any way.

Dahbomb

Is Cult Sorcerer like low key one of the most overpowered cards Blizzard has ever printed?

Looking at that thing next to Kobold is so ridiculous lol.
No, it's just a strong 2 drop. I would rate Sorc Apprentice above it by quite a bit.

In other news I am very impressed with the two new dragon cards. They are probably the hardest carry in the decks that aren't normal dragon decks. Netherspite in particular allows you to play lower high end dragons for better early game because the Discover is pretty much always going to have a big dragon option if you need it. A lot of minions in the meta are 3 damage or less which means Book Wyrm has been hitting for me every game. I have even had good success with Dragon Mage. Kibler would be proud. Dragon Paladin got the biggest boost because A) Dragon Consort is the most common Discover and stacking up all those Consorts is really strong for mid/late game tempo and B) They can manipulate attack to make Book Wyrm hit larger targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom