• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salex_

Os70dzQ.jpg

It's so frustrating when this shit happens. This guy also happened to have 4 mana 7/7 on turn 4 as well...and on turn 6. There's no way I can win this game (and I didn't). I'm going to just use Dragon Warrior until rank 5. So fucking tired of Aggro Shaman ruining everything.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This Y'shaarj Hunter is starting to get boring. I don't see how that guy did so well with it. It's way too gimmicky and rng based.

It's good when you don't get the Barnes dream because it's surprisingly easy to rush down their health with just burn spells. You can fit in a lot more hero powers than a minion based deck, and things like those Arcane Shots and On the Hunt often allow you save your Bow charges, Quick Shots, and Skill Commands for extra face damage that you might have otherwise wasted on a 1 or 2 health minion.

Also helps that hunter secrets are very good defensively, and CotW is a pretty good card.

Hmmm, curator is such an interesting card. If you draw 3 cards it's like you've played a sprint for 2 mana.

For all the complaints about RNG, there are still some deck building possibilities that could be fun to play.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I want to try the Y'shaarj Hunter, but I don't have Y'shaarj, nor Rag.

What about Cloaked Huntress? If Barnes pulls that, spam secrets.

Probably not good at all. I tried a similar thing with Emperor Thaurissan, but I don't think the deck needs mana discounts very much. What it needs is to push face damage, and only a ragnaros or a 10/10 can do that.

I do like running both Y'shaarj and Rag though. Lessons the chance of drawing barnes without anything to pull, and getting that 8 damage to face or free minion kill are both extremely good outcomes for this deck.

Pooya

not trying to be a dick but to be honest every time I read your posts I keep wondering why you still play. As soon as League of Legends became unfun for me I bounced fast. Surely you got much more fun things to do if the game isn't fun if you're winning or losing. There's just way too many other games to play yo

I'm trying new cards man, new meta. a set just came out! maybe things got better. Nope, I will probably stop soon. Every streamer I watch just hate the game now, superjj just rage quit into faeria lol. things are looking bad, he literally said hoping Blizzard is punished for their mistakes!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I have to admit, I'm probably going to bounce out faster than usual once the meta settles back down too.

It is at least still fun to try out new cards and decks while a lot of people are running not optimized decks.

Probably not good at all. I tried a similar thing with Emperor Thaurissan, but I don't think the deck needs mana discounts very much. What it needs is to push face damage, and only a ragnaros or a 10/10 can do that.

I do like running both Y'shaarj and Rag though. Lessons the chance of drawing barnes without anything to pull, and getting that 8 damage to face or free minion kill are both extremely good outcomes for this deck.

Yeah I was thinking about adding rag to it, but I don't know if I want to waste my dust.

It's a shame rogue never got a dragon class card. I feel like they've always had some potential as a dragon class but lacked maybe one more card to tie it all together. They could use a "steal" card with dragon racial perhaps. Like what if swashburglar was a dragon instead of a pirate. Could have been interesting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I was thinking about adding rag to it, but I don't know if I want to waste my dust.

It's weaker but doable with only rag.

I wouldn't recommend crafting rag only for this deck, but rag is such a good craft in general. It's even in the evergreen classic set that wont ever be rotated out.

tinantlu

Hey party people, I have both the watch a friend win and play a friend quests up if anyone wants to add me up I should be on for a bit.
Tinantlu 1973

bunbun777

Discard Warlock might actually be a thing. So far I haven't lost one game, went from 19 to 15. I'm using fist of jaraxus x2 and somehow it just works. Those imps do serious work and honestly I'm a bit surprised how efficient it all goes together. My opponents have been hunters, druids and pallys only.

rickyson1

it really is too bad that they remove adventures from the store when they rotate out of standard

I really want a card back for completing all the heroics and that probably removes any(albeit probably tiny to begin with) chance of that ever happening

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
it really is too bad that they remove adventures from the store when they rotate out of standard

I really want a card back for completing all the heroics and that probably removes any(albeit probably tiny to begin with) chance of that ever happening

It also makes playing wild more expensive since buying an adventure is more monetarily efficient than crafting all the relevant cards from the adventure.

I hope when they rotate brm and loe out they leave them for sale and bring naxx back for sale.

wiibomb

same happens with old pack expansions, it is kind of crappy they just decide to relegate those parts of the game to a forgotten place.

it kinda make seem like they want to just forget those existed at all.

wiibomb

Firebat goes ham on the RNG in HS. More fuel to add to the fire:

https://youtu.be/SqVfKHLzTSQ

prrreeeetty good video.

Yes, RNG make this game good, I love it, and I even love the absurd RNG in tavern brawl, because it is merely for the lulz, but the RNG should be capped a little more in the standard format.

yogg is a problem, I totally see that point, there should be a limit about the RNG, it is pretty damning when you have a board with 3 9/9s and you are not sure if they will survive for your next turn, because a yogg can potentially wipe everything out.

AND THEY NEED MORE MODES

Pooya

The worst part is that you can't even go to wild and play oil rogue. Like they couldn't just save a snapshot of how cards were before standard in wild and make a new edition of them for standard in a digital card game. That's like how paper based card games work in formats but this digital one fails so miserably at something so simple.

I wish I could go and play old patron in some format too but I can't. I'd have definitely do that over playing boring standard. The main problem with the game is that there isn't much you can play in if you don't like ladder. Arena is screwed in another way and wild is just N'Zoth decks because they thought printing that card was a good idea....

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Firebat goes ham on the RNG in HS. More fuel to add to the fire:

https://youtu.be/SqVfKHLzTSQ

Yogg or not, Tournament level Hearthstone is a joke. I bet you could take out all the RNG, and you'd still see no consistency in who wins tournaments and who goes out early given the types of decks that are good and how much those decks require good draws.

I'm not saying there's no skill involved, but it's just not to the point where big tournaments can suss out the best players.

The way to find the best player is to look at who had the best win percentages on ladder, but the ladder system they have also really sucks at accounting for how easy it is to lose to bad luck. It's ridiculous how many ranks you lose after losing 1 game near the top of the ranks. They're using math derived from chess to determine MMR when chess doesn't have near the amount of random losses upping the uncertainty factor it uses.

clav

Thing about the tournament that bothers me is why can't they have one that uses only classic cards for once?

I stopped watching because tournaments are just regurgitation of ladder over and over and over and over and over again. If I want to see that, then I'll just play the game myself. Why do I need to watch two people?

Mulgrok

Trolden videos used to be a fun watch. Now they are just boring slot machine highlights.

EDIT: Tried Prince in my Reno Mage deck. Lost 3 out of the first 4 games because of him. Bye, bye prince.

clav

They are also messing up YouTube recommendations, so I think I'll probably unsubscribe. Keeps recommending dumb clickbait videos and bigotry/racism/sexism reality tv bs. Makes you wonder the demographic who watches these videos now. Do you want to be associated with them?

Other videos are people getting pissed off at bad RNG. I don't think they are funny.

Stuff like Disguised Toast that points out bugs / interactions in the game are worthwhile.

I remember when yogg first came out and i said i would quit (if he kept showing up and he did) , but people on gaf at the time where like " he just a gimmick deck,he will never be used competitively" .

I come back months after and yogg is in multiple top tier decks, with everyone whining about him.

Dahbomb

Trolden videos are still fun at least from one perspective.

Like someone OTKing with Majordormo and Coldarra Drake/Maiden is hilarious but someone rolling spell damage totem then rolling all 4's on Lightning Storm is just eye rollworthy.

I remember when yogg first came out and i said i would quit (if he kept showing up and he did) , but people on gaf at the time where like " he just a gimmick deck,he will never be used competitively
To be fair, originally people made terrible decks with Yogg that had no win condition outside of Yogg. Those decks are still bad. Yogg is strong in decks that are strong without it.

I mean even Blizzard didn't really design this card to be competitive. It was meant to be a Timmy card. This is what happens when a Timmy card becomes good.

Karazhan heroic card back looks good...
I just got it today and yes, it looks damn good. I love it.

Trolden videos used to be a fun watch. Now they are just boring slot machine highlights.

EDIT: Tried Prince in my Reno Mage deck. Lost 3 out of the first 4 games because of him. Bye, bye prince.
Currently facing a control warrior who's using prince with my Rano Mage. I'm not going to win because of the extra 5 cards unless Monkey gives me god tier stuff.

wiibomb

was this brawl somehow broken on the first hours?

check this https://youtu.be/o-oGyRqTFi8?t=13m26s

the party elemental did summon only one, and it did that for me too yesterday, later in night it started summoning 3 instead of 1

EDI: there were also some people who like me, received only 4 or 3 heal from one of the party goers

Fatigue Warrior with Malchezaar might be my new favorite thing.

Even if the prick did give me Nozdormu, The Boogeymonster and The Beast lol.

Edit: Too bad I'm "randomly" being matched up with nothing but Midrange Hunters after building the deck lol.

Fatigue Warrior with Malchezaar might be my new favorite thing.

Even if the prick did give me Nozdormu, The Boogeymonster and The Beast lol.

Edit: Too bad I'm "randomly" being matched up with nothing but Midrange Hunters after building the deck lol.

I'd like to use malchezzar in paladin but... the deck just doesn't have the card draw. Even with 9 dragons in my deck I sometimes don't get a dragon early enough and I feel like 9 dragons is more than enough. I can't imagine adding 5 more cards to dilute the pool would do.

CoolOff

Yep, Mage became even dumber after the bonus kicked in. Imagine that, a 2-drop with a ridiculous upside in a meta where 2-drops are lacking, as well as the dumbest common yet in Firelands.

Whoud've thunk it.

Fishlake

Beat the last heroic boss today. Success! I got the blue portal now. I ended up using control n'zoth pally on it. Went onto ladder and remembered that the beginning of the month is no fun. Especially with new cards too. I want to try stuff out.

Yep, Mage became even dumber after the bonus kicked in. Imagine that, a 2-drop with a ridiculous upside in a meta where 2-drops are lacking, as well as the dumbest common yet in Firelands.

Whoud've thunk it.

Medivh's valet? I assume you're talking about arena as you mentioned rarity. Seems like a rather tame arena common. Requiring a secret is something that mages don't easily meet imo.

Whoud've thunk it.

I don't know what game you're playing. 2 drops are not lacking in any way right now.

Pooya

I played secret dragon paladin and got crushed and dropped all the way down to 20, . I've not been to 20 in ages lol. Like my draws were so bad, no matter what I had all of 5 secrets in my hand. On paper it should have worked but nope. I like juggler/templar combo but the deck performed horribly.

Cut the secret stuff, played a more midrange deck but still I have 2x pyro 2x eq and a doomsayer. I guess it's not that midrange. It crushes zoo really easily but not sure more than that how good it is.

Book Wyrm is ok but what's more useful is the historian. You can keep guardian, play this get another dragon for your guardian activation. It's its main purpose, extra value is a bonus. Nice card. Got Alex from it and sneaked in a win, maybe Alex is actually good to have in a deck instead of Ysera I'm playing right now. You can reliably get a big guy from them, maybe you can afford to not play any big dragon at all.

I played secret dragon paladin and got crushed and dropped all the way down to 20, . I've not been to 20 in ages lol. Like my draws were so bad, no matter what I had all of 5 secrets in my hand. On paper it should have worked but nope. I like juggler/templar combo but the deck performed horribly.

Cut the secret stuff, played a more midrange deck but still I have 2x pyro 2x eq and a doomsayer. I guess it's not that midrange. It crushes zoo really easily but not sure more than that how good it is.

Book Wyrm is ok but what's more useful is the historian. You can keep guardian, play this get another dragon for your guardian activation. It's its main purpose, extra value is a bonus. Nice card. Got Alex from it and sneaked in a win, maybe Alex is actually good to have in a deck instead of Ysera I'm playing right now. You can reliably get a big guy from them, maybe you can afford to not play any big dragon at all.

Yep, netherspite historian is great with twilight guardian.

And vs tempo mage it got me a deathwing so that pretty much sealed that game. I'm running it in place of a late game dragon. Although I cut ivory knight for bookwyrm since adding 2 more cards that require dragons, while losing 1, made it feel necessary to have more dragons.

I mean, before that I went like 3-4 games in a row having the dragon activators early on with no dragons. So it kinda historian both helped and hurt my overall deck composition. Seems better in an aggressive meta due to the historians rather than ysera, and bookwyrm rather than ivory knight, but historians should provide at least 1 late game dragon between the two of them.

Current list: http://i.imgur.com/bl7TfzC.png (with bookwyrms rather than ivory knight).

Some card games have restricted lists for select cards...

...but tutoring is a thing in most card games so it's to stop multiple copies reliably hitting the field, not to make it something you can miss altogether. 1x Legend just makes it a roll of the dice because outside of something like Elekk manipulation you can't stop something like Reno or C'Thun being on the bottom of your deck and likely screwing you. And of course cards like Reno are balanced around being one offs.

Very true.

Brawl is the worst card in the game, I hate it so.
Nerf Brawl's RNG hard.

Yeah, the game needs something to help the RNG-draw factor. I would adore it if Duelyst's cycle system were implemented.

It's probably the most effective version, but my favorite is plain old standard control warrior.

Well, for a very long time I had a strong aversion to playing decks I thought were "cheap" or "unfair". Then I realized I was just holding myself back for no reason.

The worst part is looking back, seeing how fun that deck was, and knowing I'll never be able to experience it the way it used to be.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom