• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is Cult Sorcerer like low key one of the most overpowered cards Blizzard has ever printed?

Looking at that thing next to Kobold is so ridiculous lol.

I wouldn't call it OP, but its damn strong. I think its likely Stronger than Blizard anticipated.

You know, even if I'm not a fan of the C'thun archetype, I hope Blizard gives it a few more cards next expansion. There is like zero hope Blizard produces cards for it next year, and I hate seeing mechanics and tribes trashed so quickly.

Dahbomb

My last 4 games:

*Shaman rolls Mana Tide on coin Tuskar Totemic. Gets massive card advantage and just throws everything down. Had stabilized the game but the game finished with hail msry Spell damage totem roll into double Lava Burst (I had Chillmaw up)

*Second game Druid cheats out a Thaurissan on turn 2 using a turn 1 Raven Idol that got him a second Innervate. I kill it after two turns, he goes full brokeback and loses board, I get lethal set up on him with 3 minions on board ( and I was holding back to play around Yogg). Top decks Yogg, clears board, Moonglade Portals himself, develops Sunwalker, draws cards, set up secrets. Next turn a big board is created with Arcane Giants and other stuff.

*3rd game actually up on a Hunter, gets god damn Cairne from Barnes. I answer everything, then Call of the Wild into Call of the Wild.. two Calls in top 10 cards of his deck.

*Tempo Mage gets god draw starter, perfect Flame Juggler pings, then manages to have both Fireballs in top 12 cards of deck. Got Arcane Intellect just as she had dumped all hand by turn 6.

What a god damn joke. That's enough HS for 2 days (until quests are filled).

Meta is 2nd worst the game has ever had. Undertaker meta will probably never be touched because of turn 1 loss but this is like bad in a different way. Every top deck except maybe Dragon Warrior has some bull shit RNG win condition thrown in the deck to steal games.

How DARE I try out the new cards...

ViviOggi

My last 4 games:

*Shaman rolls Mana Tide on coin Tuskar Totemic. Gets massive card advantage and just throws everything down. Had stabilized the game but the game finished with hail msry Spell damage totem roll into double Lava Burst (I had Chillmaw up)

*Second game Druid cheats out a Thaurissan on turn 2 using a turn 1 Raven Idol that got him a second Innervate. I kill it after two turns, he goes full brokeback and loses board, I get lethal set up on him with 3 minions on board ( and I was holding back to play around Yogg). Top decks Yogg, clears board, Moonglade Portals himself, develops Sunwalker, draws cards, set up secrets. Next turn a big board is created with Arcane Giants and other stuff.

*3rd game actually up on a Hunter, gets god damn Cairne from Barnes. I answer everything, then Call of the Wild into Call of the Wild.. two Calls in top 10 cards of his deck.

*Tempo Mage gets god draw starter, perfect Flame Juggler pings, then manages to have both Fireballs in top 12 cards of deck. Got Arcane Intellect just as she had dumped all hand by turn 6.

It's not gonna change fam. Thankfully there's others out there. Don't let dailies control you

https://www.eternalcardgame.com
http://store.steampowered.com/app/397060/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/291410/

Dahbomb

I have two other card games lined up after HS already. I have two goals I want to reach with HS then I will be playing it very infrequently after that.

My last 4 games:

Meta is 2nd worst the game has ever had. Undertaker meta will probably never be touched because of turn 1 loss but this is like bad in a different way. Every top deck except maybe Dragon Warrior has some bull shit RNG win condition thrown in the deck to steal games.

How DARE I try out the new cards...
Yup. Sounds like Hearthstone.

Just play Wild man, I tend to get WAY less fuckshit RNG losses compared to standard. I just have to deal with stupid shit like Piloted Shredder.

Dahbomb

Barnes and Yogg have invaded Wild too though. And you have stuff like Crackle, Unbalanced Portal and Implosion to deal with there.

Will definitely be playing Gwent.

There's something almost poetic about the fact that going into the expansion Dragon Warrior was the strongest deck in the game, and now after the expansion it's still the strongest deck in the game without a single card change lol.

clav

I don't think that game is for everyone as it doesn't have fancy animations, and the interface is really plain.

It also plays differently as in you play according to your combination of cards you built for the deck and a cost economy of how many cards you want to use in the best of three games (no refills). There's no going face factor as the game plays like how do you add up your minion count to a large number as efficiently as possible while annoying your opponent's count.

I'll probably pick up Duelyst and Faeria. The later interests me because it looks like a blend of Hearthstone and Settlers of Catan, one of my favorite board games.

Barnes and Yogg have invaded Wild too though. And you have stuff like Crackle, Unbalanced Portal and Implosion to deal with there.

Also what I'm waiting for. Really enjoyed the game in Witcher 3, though I expect it to be a fair bit different in the separate version. They better let me in the beta....

fertygo

Looking forward to gwent too.. I really want play card game that I start from beta like that.. really regret not doing it with HS

Shinypogs

Dusted a golden injured blademaster and crafted a highmane, slowly but surely my secret hunter deck becomes more powerful. I was one win away from being back at rank 15, I'm hoping I can reach 10 this season with some combo of hunter and zoolock. I think my wip freeze mage needs a bit too much work to safely ladder :(

Can someone explain to me where all the rogues went? When I started a few months ago they were everywhere, then I took a bit of a break, came back and now I see them so rarely? I mean I see priests more than rogues and that seems a little odd.

ViviOggi

Can someone explain to me where all the rogues went? When I started a few months ago they were everywhere, then I took a bit of a break, came back and now I see them so rarely? I mean I see priests more than rogues and that seems a little odd.

Deletion of Blade Flurry + releasing nothing but shitty meme cards

jgminto

Arena does nothing but make me mad at this point. I've been trying to springboard my gold into an Adventure wing with a high win run but every game being decided by going first into 1/2/3 drops is just exhausting.

patchday

does Gwent have rng card packs too? If so will just stick to Hearthstone. There's a plethora of CCGs out there and pretty much none of them improve the monetization. been playing a few months at this point but for some weird reason I dont care bout RNG (people getting lucky). I'd probably lose a ton more w/o it. Just my personal feeling.

I admire people wanting to try new games by all means you should check it out

I still play Overwatch on the side too so not much need for me to tryout new CCGs

ViviOggi

does Gwent have rng card packs too? If so will just stick to Hearthstone. There's a plethora of CCGs out there and pretty much none of them improve the monetization. been playing a few months at this point but for some weird reason I dont care bout RNG (people getting lucky). I'd probably lose a ton more w/o it. Just my personal feeling.

Well randomized packs come with the territory, but wrt f2p currency every single digital CCG I've played recently is a more generous than HS. Dunno about Gwent.

patchday

Guess I got spoiled by MOBAs. Like in Smite it is f2p but you pay a one time fee and all heroes (past, present, and future) are unlocked. * But even in League of Legends you can buy the exact hero you want

I do sort of dig Duelyst though. I played a little last season (still rng packs tho)

-----

Actually RNG does get on my nerves but I think my gripes is with most any ccg such as certain cards in my deck never coming out when needed. That one Brawl were you got your cards guaranteed on curve was very interesting. I am guessing making the decks deterministic is a bad thing for card games in general though? I didnt get to play around in that Brawl much back then cause my cards sucked ass (another reason I am loathe to try a new CCG cause starter decks are stupidly weak when against a pro)

Dahbomb

I don't think that game is for everyone as it doesn't have fancy animations, and the interface is really plain.

It also plays differently as in you play according to your combination of cards you built for the deck and a cost economy of how many cards you want to use in the best of three games (no refills). There's no going face factor as the game plays like how do you add up your minion count to a large number as efficiently as possible while annoying your opponent's count.

I'll probably pick up Duelyst and Faeria. The later interests me because it looks like a blend of Hearthstone and Settlers of Catan, one of my favorite board games.
I played it in Witcher 3 so I know what's going on.

patchday

Yeah lots of aggro out there. Only my mid range hunter and thijs secret hunter seems to be getting positive this morning on the ladder

Experimenting with Dragon paladin right now. Practicing in Casual. It's been a lot of fun! Prince Mal is givng me the chance to use some legendaries I still havent unlocked yet. I guess I might recommend Prince for that purpose

[edit] So glad I didnt dust my gold Sword of Justice card. Its putting in work.

I admire people wanting to try new games by all means you should check it out

I still play Overwatch on the side too so not much need for me to tryout new CCGs

AFAIK, the only DCG that lets you outright buy the set is Faeria, but I can't find the gameplay to be interesting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone want 80g on EU?

Yoshichan #2623

edit: gg!

never really though i'd see the day where playing vs hunter is like playing vs secret paladin

even hunter's secrets are better than paladins right now

also F barnes everytime he pulls highmane

never really though i'd see the day where playing vs hunter is like playing vs secret paladin

even hunter's secrets are better than paladins right now

also F barnes everytime he pulls highmane

There is a huge difference though. Once hunter's play their secrets their hand size and resources are often used up relying on top decks or whatever threats remain in their hand, and it doesn't thin their deck.

I haven't really played Hunter in a long time, but I'm trying to again. What the hell do I do about card draw? Did I rely on starving buzzard that much? I'm thinking about adding cult master, but that won't help me until turn 7,and it's relies too much on my opponents board.

cHinzo

Thanks for the game Yoshi! :"D Damn, wish I had Tirion for my redemption shenanigans. Still, the 4 times Sylvanas was pretty funny. :d

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks for the game Yoshi! :"D Damn, wish I had Tirion for my redemption shenanigans. Still, the 4 times Sylvanas was pretty funny. :d
Haha yeah that was an insane game

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I haven't really played Hunter in a long time, but I'm trying to again. What the hell do I do about card draw? Did I rely on starving buzzard that much? I'm thinking about adding cult master, but that won't help me until turn 7,and it's relies too much on my opponents board.

You don't.

Hunters have one card draw card that never goes off. Quick shot.

Salex_

It's getting to the point where I can't beat Hunter unless I'm using Zoolock or Aggro Shaman even if I get the perfect starting hand from other decks...I honestly can't understand what the HS team was thinking when they just said fuck it and gave Hunter a sticky minion for every mana slot to fill out the autopilot curve. The most frustrating card besides the obvious is Freezing Trap. This single card is making it near impossible to maintain board control. How in the world when am I suppose to have a decent board for Highmane + Call of the Skill when this card is setting me back so far?

Anyways, I'm trying out Discardlock since I don't want to deal with Hunter's bullshit and want to stand a chance against Aggro Shaman. When the discard flow is working, it's ALMOST as ridiculous as Aggro Shaman (even though you have to play your hand in a certain way and take actual risks. lol shaman). At it's worst, it's still decent just not as strong as zoolock. It's pretty fun so far. It's like I'm playing a mini-game within the game.

EDIT: And of course, all the Dragon Warriors magically came out of nowhere. No good match-ups allowed.

patchday

Switched to Wild with this Dragon Paladin+ Prince deck so I can mess around with these Wild legendaries. hopefully I'll get to use Dr Boom on someone

This poor warlock just now discarded his Dr Boom to charge in with Doomguard. Those tears must have been so bitter

Guess I got spoiled by MOBAs. Like in Smite it is f2p but you pay a one time fee and all heroes (past, present, and future) are unlocked. * But even in League of Legends you can buy the exact hero you want

I do sort of dig Duelyst though. I played a little last season (still rng packs tho)

-----

Actually RNG does get on my nerves but I think my gripes is with most any ccg such as certain cards in my deck never coming out when needed. That one Brawl were you got your cards guaranteed on curve was very interesting. I am guessing making the decks deterministic is a bad thing for card games in general though? I didnt get to play around in that Brawl much back then cause my cards sucked ass (another reason I am loathe to try a new CCG cause starter decks are stupidly weak when against a pro)

You can't get more copies of a card than you can use in Magic Duels, but the game's rarity limit bugs me so much compared to the paper game I can't recommend it.

Levi

Banned
5-5 with DiscardLock since picking it up yesterday.

The wins were blow-outs, and the losses were really close. Two games in a row I was in a position where I had a 20%+ chance to top deck lethal the turn before I died.

I had this Dragon Warrior at 5 health with two Doomguards remaining in my deck and 11 cards left to be drawn, so 2 in 11 chance to win.

I drew soulfire and Imp gang boss and lost. Still, Warrior is probably the worst match up I would think and I put myself in a very good position to win so I didn't feel that bad.

Still, 50% win rate ain't gonna cut it so I'm dropping that deck. No idea what to try next. I want to climb and I want to have fun, and I'm not sure the two can be done simultaneously. Maybe I'll finally learn how to play aggro Shaman since there are still so many Hunters knocking about.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
5-5 with DiscardLock since picking it up yesterday.

The wins were blow-outs, and the losses were really close. Two games in a row I was in a position where I had a 20%+ chance to top deck lethal the turn before I died.

I had this Dragon Warrior at 5 health with two Doomguards remaining in my deck and 11 cards left to be drawn, so 2 in 11 chance to win.

I drew soulfire and Imp gang boss and lost. Still, Warrior is probably the worst match up I would think and I put myself in a very good position to win so I didn't feel that bad.

Still, 50% win rate ain't gonna cut it so I'm dropping that deck. No idea what to try next. I want to climb and I want to have fun, and I'm not sure the two can be done simultaneously. Maybe I'll finally learn how to play aggro Shaman since there are still so many Hunters knocking about.

You don't know that you have a 50% real win rate after 10 games.

Im on a clock here, I'm sick of getting to the end of the month and not crossing the finish line so if a deck can't climb well at rank 17 I am not wasting my time.

You can't really judge the deck on the first 10 games though. And perhaps with a few adjustments to the deck and your plays the winrate can increase.

I just realized this morning that anyfin is a LoE card and won't be rotating out next season. Somehow I thought it was a TGT card.

Goddammit.

rahji

now I know the feeling when you coin + innervate fendral. I played a hunter who had two deadly shots in his hands. after the second failed attempt to kill fendral he conceded. I feel a little sorry about him.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You don't.

Hunters have one card draw card that never goes off. Quick shot.

Elekk helps occasionally.

If you run Unleash the Hounds, a Cult Master can also draw you a ton of cards, but that combo doesn't go off that often in practice.

patchday

AFAIK, the only DCG that lets you outright buy the set is Faeria, but I can't find the gameplay to be interesting.

Never heard of Faeria that's intriguing I will go look it up, thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom