• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornflayx

Hey, why don't we print a 1-drop that makes Doomguard even better. That would be neat.

Fuck off, Blizzard. I'm going back to Duelyst

Pooya

Honestly I feel imp+doomguard is more BS than Void Callers used to be. You could kill the void caller on your own terms if you thought your hand can deal with whatever is coming out, it was 4 mana 3/4. It had a bluff aspect to it, it was kinda neat. Now I play doomguard, I draw 2 cards, I might summon a 3/3 for free too at random LUL.

Asbel

Honestly I feel imp+doomguard is more BS than Void Callers used to be. You could kill the void caller on your own terms if you thought your hand can deal with whatever is coming out, it was 4 mana 3/4. It had a bluff aspect to it, it was kinda neat. Now I play doomguard, I draw 2 cards, I might summon a 3/3 for free too at random LUL.

I'm not liking discardlock since I usually hold onto power overwhelming, which means theres a higher chance for them to get discarded and screw me over. The card you draw is likely worst than po. Regular zoo is better than discard zoo.

Portugeezer

Ugh, it's like the Tunnel Trogg of Warlocks... making the downside of a card not a downside. Discard a card? That doesn't matter as it refills your hand or plays an extra minion...

gutshot

I don't think enough credit is being given to the devs for creating a card that actually encourages people to use Totemic Might.

patchday

Late answer, but yes Totemic Might is essential to that deck.

Thanks!

The complaints in this thread about yogg make me want to craft that card.

All hail yogg.

It was truly a blessed day when I got yogg from a pack

<edit> I've had 'Gang Up' casted on my Yogg twice now. This allowed me to play yogg twice on one poor guy. I get giddy just thinking bout that guy running to a forum like this and cry tears of woe of what the mean mage did to him

fertygo

Man discard card is fucking headache, try to play zoolock with 2 librarian, 2 doomguard, 2 soulfire

you discard large amount of damage so often

Ahahaha wanted to do my 5 wins with paladin fast so switched back to Wild and I just faced a priest who wanted to play the control game until he was dead turn 8. My turn 2 Haunted Creeper lived until the very end.

Also have the Battle a buddy quest EU Schreckstoff #2168

Dahbomb

Man discard card is fucking headache, try to play zoolock with 2 librarian, 2 doomguard, 2 soulfire

you discard large amount of damage so often
The way to play Discardlock is to not give a crap. Kinda like playing Fel Reaver. You have to go all the way into "go for broke" mentality.

fertygo

The way to play Discardlock is to not give a crap. Kinda like playing Fel Reaver. You have to go all the way into "go for broke" mentality.

I does, I go for swing everytime and its goes bad so often, and its not "fix" current weakness of zoolock either.

Sheroking

1-1 in Arena.

Run into a Hunter with a turn 1 Mad Scientist into Freeze, three or four decent other deathrattle minions, Onyxia on 9 and N'Zoth at 10.

Fucking hell.

You play discard lock by playing zoolock with malchezzar's imp, because a 1 drop with 1/3 stats is worth running.

Maybe you run silverware golem. The rest is a fairly standard doomguard list.

edit:
My 1 drop just won me the game. Swashburglar got me mind control. I had just sapped priest's ragnaros. He replayed it of course. lul

I don't think enough credit is being given to the devs for creating a card that actually encourages people to use Totemic Might.
haha Good point. It is kind of amazing to see it used now.

The only other time I've seen it used was with Lorewalker to add a useless spell to my hand to mill.

Dahbomb

Well it's more accurate to say that they managed to make a card that encourages people to use Totemic Might that isn't blatantly over powered.

Like they encouraged people to put 5 Secrets in their Paladin decks with Mysterious Challenger. That type of thing isn't hard to do when you print a blatantly broken card.

Imagine if that Witch Doctor was a 3/5 and summoned ANY Totem... yeah people will cry and curse at Blizzard.

Raxus

Lol, Mysterious Challenger can still be used in standard, yet nobody uses them. So OP.

Probably because half the secrets are predictable and nobody likes to water their deck down with secrets now they no longer have strong 2 and 3 drops. Healing paladin seems to be their strongest variant at the moment.

Hycran

Banned
The only reason Doctor 6 isn't still a thing is because avenge got rotated out. If it was still in, it would certainly be none of your business.

sibarraz

Banned
The only reason Doctor 6 isn't still a thing is because avenge got rotated out. If it was still in, it would certainly be none of your business.

More than avenge, Doctor 6 isn't a thing after the rest of the medical staff (dr 2.3.4.5 and 7) were removed from standard

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

This is correct as evidenced by Wild ladder where Secret Paladin is still very much alive and very much a thing.

Dahbomb

Lol, Mysterious Challenger can still be used in standard, yet nobody uses them. So OP.
No Avenge, no Minibot, no Muster for Battle, no Coghammer, no Shredder, no good 5 drop.

So basically nothing great for the first 5 turns before MC comes down. And even then you can play some dank Secret Paladin deck and do reasonably well because you occasionally get carried by MC.

Watch Faceless Flamewreathe and Thing from Deep not be as good when Shaman loses Tunnel Trogg, Tuskar Totemic and Totem Golem.

fertygo

No Avenge, no Minibot, no Muster for Battle, no Coghammer, no Shredder, no good 5 drop.

So basically nothing great for the first 5 turns before MC comes down. And even then you can play some dank Secret Paladin deck and do reasonably well because you occasionally get carried by MC.

Watch Faceless Flamewreathe and Thing from Deep not be as good when Shaman loses Tunnel Trogg, Tuskar Totemic and Totem Golem.

Faceless would've weaker, but thing still very good

I think Midrange totemic shaman still very okay deck for Shaman even after trogg n totem golem rotate out, its even very decent today but why play that deck over tier 1 deck

this
More than avenge, Doctor 6 isn't a thing after the rest of the medical staff (dr 2.3.4.5 and 7) were removed from standard
that too but you could make substitutes. Avenge is a monster, it makes it impossible to come out favourably against a MC.

Secret Keeper is still legal and so are a couple drops tht make the list more resilient than unfair. It wouldn't be a deck that could play both aggro and midrange well but it'd be a great midrange deck with venge.

sibarraz

Banned
this

that too but you could make substitutes. Avenge is a monster, it makes it impossible to come out favourably against a MC.

Secret Keeper is still legal and so are a couple drops tht make the list more resilient than unfair. It wouldn't be a deck that could play both aggro and midrange well but it'd be a great midrange deck with venge.

Not exactly, back then the real problem with secret paladin as that you have a good enough board which will receive the buff for avenge. at times my best scenario was when MC received the buff since I could kill him with BGH, but a 6/6 AND a 5/4 with divine shield or another shenanigan was something that was hard to remove, and good luck if boom or tirion were played later or by turn 6 you had 3-4 minions buffed with competitive spirit. If only you have the buffed MC and the minion from noble sacrifice, you could easily kill him with hex, polymorph, execute, shadow word death, sap or any hard removal

Last month I played secret paladin and the card still did a good work with cards like argent horserider, or silent knight if somehow they survived by when I played MC, and the same logic applied from when I managed to have a board pre standard.

Avenge is still an amazing card, probably the best secret from paladin, but without a board, it doesn't help that much

Dahbomb

Even Midrange Shaman is going to be a lot weaker when those 3 cards rotate. That's like the entirety of Shaman's early game right there. If the opponent has a big lead before 4 mana 7/7 comes down then the card isn't that great. I mean yeah it's still OP just not as back breaking when it's following up other OP cards.

And we still have another expansion to go for Paladin so who knows if MC comes back for real. Though Blizzard has been purposely printing slower cards for Paladin or at least fewer curve god cards. Oh and no Secret since LoE. They have basically been designing around that card and just waiting for it to rotate out.

Pre-TGT Shaman had no early game and the class was terrible. They relied almost completely on Haunted Creeper and sometimes Knife Juggler.

It's going to be bad for Shaman next year if Blizzard doesn't put out some decent early game for them, especially in the 2 and 3 mana slots. At the very least Shaman can rely on Argent Squire for turn 1.

I just got nozdormu from prince malchezzar, dude fucking started moving his ass for 3 turns and spent so much removal.

Even if I lose this game, getting nozdormu against this scumbag roper... worth it.

Why on earth do people choose to rope out every turn?

I'm playing priest and this mage has to rope out... game is gonna be long already man..

The only upside of a punk-ass roper is the satisfaction of taking the quickest turns you can and then lethaling the second you can. "You thought I'd turn into one of you didn't you? Figured you'd concede when I did? Nice try, you fucking loser."

Not exactly, back then the real problem with secret paladin as that you have a good enough board which will receive the buff for avenge. at times my best scenario was when MC received the buff since I could kill him with BGH, but a 6/6 AND a 5/4 with divine shield or another shenanigan was something that was hard to remove, and good luck if boom or tirion were played later or by turn 6 you had 3-4 minions buffed with competitive spirit. If only you have the buffed MC and the minion from noble sacrifice, you could easily kill him with hex, polymorph, execute, shadow word death, sap or any hard removal

Last month I played secret paladin and the card still did a good work with cards like argent horserider, or silent knight if somehow they survived by when I played MC, and the same logic applied from when I managed to have a board pre standard.

Avenge is still an amazing card, probably the best secret from paladin, but without a board, it doesn't help that much
I've played a secret paladin without minibot and dr. boom quite extensively in wild. I've recently went back to them in singletons.
It's true that paladin is lacking any kind of sticky drops from 1 to 5 right now so they can lose on the board now easier than ever.
Also losing the MC has rarely been backbreaking since you still got a 3 or 4 for 1.

The only upside of a punk-ass roper is the satisfaction of taking the quickest turns you can and then lethaling the second you can. "You thought I'd turn into one of you didn't you? Figured you'd concede when I did? Nice try, you fucking loser."

Lethaling the second I can is not possible with the deck I am playing. This could easily be 10-20 minute game provided he plays his turns like a normal human being. But since he is roping each turn, it could be 30+.

edit:
Update, he has 2 cards left, 1 is excavataed evil. I have 5 cards left and 2 entombs. He hasn't yogg'd or any big drops yet. We're only 20 minutes into the match.

edit2:
I was wrong about the timer. We're 25 minutes into his turns. 10 minutes into mine. Apparently 35 minutes total, but the exact timing could be off since it's HDT.

edit:
IT'S FINALLY OVER. SCUMBAG ROPER left on his last turn with 1 card in hand and at 1 hp with ice block and dead to fatigue!

Highlights:
.eJwNzEsKwyAQANC7uI-O1vjJCbLvAUTMoIFERaer0rs36wfvyz7jYhsrRH1uQhznTG0cfFIbMSPPreULYz8nT-0WkSimcmOlKaQFo9wqX9Z5D8ppL5RSYFYlHXj9mDNa7BgHlaerGN5pINZZGgXwC-hFmiA1l46D5b1m9vsDO-8stw.q6Oat5nihrE_Xayl9vE7wdgJD_g.png

.eJwNzMkNwyAQAMBe-BsWwukK8k8BCOEVWLIBweYVpfdkCpgPe8-L7awSjbULcZwr93nwRX2mgrz0Xi5M41w891skopTrjY2WkA6s8kY-nA8BlNdBKKXAGgjeWaW9cRbEE9Ok-u8axleeiG3VThHCBnqTNkrNteES-GiFfX883Sy1.9-_5cJ0CjUavJVHngHP8rOM_V4g.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hunter and Shaman making this game unplayable for me, regardless of what happens its not going to be a fun game, ive taken to just conceding.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Man, Hybrid Hunter is gross. I almost feel bad about these matches when I back to back call of the wild after already having a strong early game, lol.

Salex_

I wish Hunter had some kind of skill cap. It's literally impossible to be bad this deck. No plays to make, win every trade unless you get matched up against Aggro Shaman or Zoolock with a good draws, and fucking Highmane and Call of the Wild just auto-wins the game in too many situations.

Every time I get matched up with a Hunter and I'm not using those 2 decks I feel like I'm already going to lose on turn 0. I should probably just use Aggro Shaman and Zoolock from now on zzzzzzzzz.

I'm sick of call of the wild, not enough cards actually beat that card well enough.

It needs to be removed from Standard to be honest.

EDIT: Just watching my opponent "play" Hunter is so disgusting. Gets Highmane from Barnes now I automatically lose board control despite being ahead, has Freezing Trap to remove any chance of me coming back, summons Highmane on turn 6....so fun and interactive.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Even Midrange Shaman is going to be a lot weaker when those 3 cards rotate. That's like the entirety of Shaman's early game right there. If the opponent has a big lead before 4 mana 7/7 comes down then the card isn't that great. I mean yeah it's still OP just not as back breaking when it's following up other OP cards.

And we still have another expansion to go for Paladin so who knows if MC comes back for real. Though Blizzard has been purposely printing slower cards for Paladin or at least fewer curve god cards. Oh and no Secret since LoE. They have basically been designing around that card and just waiting for it to rotate out.

The story of Hearthstone is that a class's ability to perform is directly proportional to that class's abundance of OP early game options. You can't build a good aggro or midrange deck without OP early game (warlock excluded).

I just had a thought. Blood to ichor should have been a rogue card.

The story of Hearthstone is that a class's ability to perform is directly proportional to that class's abundance of OP early game options. You can't build a good aggro or midrange deck without OP early game (warlock excluded).

You don't think warlock has "OP" early game? What game are you playing? That's an area they lack the least. They run like 8 of them.

Dahbomb

You don't think warlock has "OP" early game? What game are you playing? That's an area they lack the least. They run like 8 of them.
I think he means that Warlock would be able to make an aggro deck even if they didn't have their OP 1 drops. They will play whatever best neutral cards there are dump them on the board fast, their hero power just carries them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom