• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I agree with Dahbomb that barnes is gross in Hunter. It's not quite as swingy as some of the huge bombs from other classes, but it's VERY relevant that you're almost always pulling a beast with deathrattle and he's consistently pulling something above average. His powerlevel is much more annoying based on if the opponent can ping or not with a hero power, and even if they can they usually fall behind if they feel forced to spend mana to deal with the token beast you pulled.

But there's other stuff like I'm seeing anyfin pally run it to potentially pull tirion, another murloc warleader, rag lightlord, acoloyte of pain for cycle, etc. But it can also get an aldor or azure drake which aren't doing much.

The difference between these are massive, game deciding outcomes based on a prayer, early in the game which is when this is most impactful.

Jadax

I have some questions:

1. Is there any way to reduce the graphics of hearthstone via configs? I really don't care for all the effects etc. (I've already put it on windowed + Low Quality + 1024x768)

2. So I think I asked this before too, but since I only have naxx - should I continue saving up gold for the future, or buy one of the latest adventures or expansions (per wing for 700g). I'm currently not able to buy them with £££.

tl;dr - Save gold for packs (if so, which ones) or buy all the expansions/aventures I don't have (only have naxx).

Acerac

Banned
Thanks. Yeah, that makes sense on the Sunfuries. Mind games has played out oddly well, but convert has been decent. What would you replace them with, more spells or minions?

Should I replace Argus with Sunfury or just do both?

I don't run argus in my wild variant just because it's tough to find 2 targets for it more often than not. At a certain point you need to be able to put up walls though.

Well, just had one of the most ridiculous games of my entire Hearthstone life. Malchezaar Control Warrior (me) vs. Malchezaar N'Zoth Warrior (him). Just a few of the highlights.

His Malchezaar gave him Harrison to destroy my Gorehowl. Also gave him Chillmaw that he brought back with N'Zoth.
My Malchezaar gave me Malkorak which gave me Fool's Bane. Also gave me Malygos which let me clear his N'Zoth board with Revenge. Toward the end of the game it gave me Barnes as well which let me combo with Brawl to stay alive.
His Golden Monkey gave him Deathwing as his final card while I was at one health.
My Golden Monkey gave me Reno while I was at one health.

Dude added me after the match and was actually pretty cool about it. Admitted he was salty about the Reno but I sure as hell can't blame him.

Dahbomb

Well, just had one of the most ridiculous games of my entire Hearthstone life. Malchezaar Control Warrior (me) vs. Malchezaar N'Zoth Warrior (him). Just a few of the highlights.

His Malchezaar gave him Harrison to destroy my Gorehowl. Also gave him Chillmaw that he brought back with N'Zoth.
My Malchezaar gave me Malkorak which gave me Fool's Bane. Also gave me Malygos which let me clear his N'Zoth board with Revenge. Toward the end of the game it gave me Barnes as well which let me combo with Brawl to stay alive.
His Golden Monkey gave him Deathwing as his final card while I was at one health.
My Golden Monkey gave me Reno while I was at one health.

Dude added me after the match and was actually pretty cool about it. Admitted he was salty about the Reno but I sure as hell can't blame him.
Man you can't even make an anime episode out of that because it's just too crazy.

If I am playing CW and my opponent shows they have Malchazaar then I am just going to concede turn 1. My CW list is anti aggro, anti meta and it loses to these greedy decks.

jgminto

I think Yogg is fine as is, they designed a card that is actually worth the cost of its effect. There were basically no minions above 8 mana that saw play pre-Old Gods and unlike most effective high cost minions, it isn't something designed to be brainlessly dropped when you reach the mana cost. Stuff like MC and Boom is so much worse for the game than a late game nuke that has to be developed beforehand.

I think Yogg is fine as is, they designed a card that is actually worth the cost of its effect. There were basically no minions above 8 mana that saw play pre-Old Gods and unlike most effective high cost minions, it isn't something designed to be brainlessly dropped when you reach the mana cost. Stuff like MC and Boom is so much worse for the game than a late game nuke that has to be developed beforehand.
So as long as it's above 8 mana, print whatever garbage you want blizzard!

zoukka

Yogg is bad design and the ultimate card to follow blizz's "RNG is entertaining" philosophy. With Yogg in your deck, you can play super reckless and greedy and just hope that Yogg clears the board and draws a ton of cards (which it often does). It's like deathwing but much much better and safer.

Cthun is balanced since you need specific cards in your deck for it to work. Yogg requires nothing but spells and all decks play spells.

Mulgrok

Ysera, Alexstrasza, Jaraxxus, Mal'ganis, Mountain giant, and Molten giant were regularly seen in ladder play. There weren't many 9+ cards to choose from.

EDIT: a control dragon warrior died to fatigue because his Sylvanas Brawl stole my acolyte of pain right as he ran out of cards and i was able to force draw 3 from him.

Ladekabel

Yogg as a card existing is fine by me. Losing to it in ranked because my opponent got incredible lucky with his Yogg annoys me after losing to several Tempo Mages in a row who would've lost the next turn if it wasn't for Yoggl isn't fine by me.

Blizzard should make Ranked a "Little-to-No-Fun-Allowed"-Mode and ban several cards from it. There's always casual for that sort of stuff.

patchday

You guys have not been playing the Hunters that pull out Highmanes and Spider Wolfs from Barnes?

Or in Malygos Rogue getting Gadgetans or Malygos? (like Chakki did in the Grand finals of a tournament)

Barnes is also just as game winning as Tuskar, if you don't realize it by now then you need to play more games. It's about the same thing as Tuskar Totemic winning you a game off of a high roll.

Pro players want that card and Yogg banned, and for good reasons.

barnes always pulls out that grandma wolf for me like 90% of the time. It's weird. only gotten one awesome thing from barnes so far.

edit: Now Barnes just drew out King elekk. I think you have to change around yer deck to get good consistent results from barnes (which I am gonna try)
edit 2: Lol I cant do nothing to improve Barnes chances hes just not reliable in hunter deck.

Levi

Banned
Watching ONOG VOD's TJ said Aggro Shaman has collective 55% winrate stat?

the fuck

ok blizz where the nerf

The last Data Reaper report has Aggro Shaman as far and above the most effective deck in this meta at all levels of play. They think (and I agree) that this is because the meta swung so hard in the direction of Hunters that the amount of Warriors went way down, which is the only class that can consistently punish Aggro Shaman.

94u5AYk.jpg

Notice also how much better Zoo got with the combination of their new cards and the relative lack of Warriors compared to the pre-Karazhan meta.

wiibomb

babbling book got me an ice block...

ethereal peddler got me a carbalist tome and carbalist tome got me an ice block...

I already set up an ice block

I'm swimming in all these blocking abilities!!!

Levi

Banned
186GE9k.png

I got enough dust to craft two golden Shield Slams, so I'm getting pretty close to my goal of a full golden Control Warrior deck. I can already play this janked version, which I took onto casual and beat a Druid who was using frickin' Chillwind Yetis so I felt kind of bad.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Oh savjz how can you rope when you have two choices and still make the wrong one, how

Youve been playing this game so long ;_;

Pooya

Add this to the list of all the BS shaman can pull off. Played Maelstrom portal, got northshire cleric, then I drew 4 cards with the healing totem, lmao.

patchday

wow what is going on? Havent tried rogue in ranked for so long (since I started really). Now that I know what I'm doing and have a plethora of cards this malygos rogue not doing too bad (at least so far)

And Barnes is actually pulling out my gadgetzan sometimes or Emperor. Hell ya I can get behind this.

btw Barnes on my hunter deck just pulled out grandma wolf again. It's amazing (I'd rather get ragnaros though, just once plz)

wiibomb

wow what is going on? Havent tried rogue in ranked for so long (since I started really). Now that I know what I'm doing and have a plethora of cards this malygos rogue not doing too bad (at least so far)

And Barnes is actually pulling out my gadgetzan sometimes or Emperor. Hell ya I can get behind this.

btw Barnes on my hunter deck just pulled out grandma wolf again. It's amazing (I'd rather get ragnaros though, just once plz)

I need a malygos for that rogue to work. it is literally the only card I'm missing to make that deck (and without it the deck is simply useless)

I got my barnes to pull a copy of rag yesterday, and then resurrect revived it...

and then my opponent dealt easily with both, feels bad

wiibomb

Finally crafted two calls of the wild, builded a midrange deck, lost five games in a roll, I'm doing something wrong.

I'm in a similar position, I thought it might be I'm sometime making face or control board misplays, but I'm honestly not sure when I making the misplay

I got nice results but I had to adapt to the deck and I had to switch decks because of the many counters I faced at rank 16-15, I'll come back to it, definitely

patchday

Finally crafted two calls of the wild, builded a midrange deck, lost five games in a roll, I'm doing something wrong.

ladder is tough out there right now. Bet in middle of month you'll climb much easier

I need a malygos for that rogue to work. it is literally the only card I'm missing to make that deck (and without it the deck is simply useless)

I got my barnes to pull a copy of rag yesterday, and then resurrect revived it...

and then my opponent dealt easily with both, feels bad

dang thats crazy

tamminen

Have any of you actually gone and dusted all of your wild cards? I dont think Ill ever go to wild but dusting all of it seems.. crazy. The big problem is I cant settle with just one or two decks. I want to try them all and many of the decks have a key legendary to do certain things. Right now Im dying to try a shaman deck that builds around Hallazeal but to craft it I gotta dust some wild cards. Tomorrow I find another deck and to complete it I probably have to dust more wild cards. So why not just burn em all huh.

Dahbomb

barnes always pulls out that grandma wolf for me like 90% of the time. It's weird. only gotten one awesome thing from barnes so far.

edit: Now Barnes just drew out King elekk. I think you have to change around yer deck to get good consistent results from barnes (which I am gonna try)
edit 2: Lol I cant do nothing to improve Barnes chances hes just not reliable in hunter deck.
Grandma Wolf is actually a great pick up. You are basically summoning over 5 mana worth of stats for 4.

Grandma Wolf is actually a great pick up. You are basically summoning over 5 mana worth of stats for 4.

Yep, plus you still have Barnes on top of it.

If Barnes were a spell with no board stats then you could be salty about that.

Anyways, trying out a midrange Kharazan Shaman with Spirit Claws.

Got to rank 20 (lul) without losing, but the decks in there are booty.

Wish I had Thalnos to get more value out of the claws.

bjaelke

Have any of you actually gone and dusted all of your wild cards? I dont think Ill ever go to wild but dusting all of it seems.. crazy. The big problem is I cant settle with just one or two decks. I want to try them all and many of the decks have a key legendary to do certain things. Right now Im dying to try a shaman deck that builds around Hallazeal but to craft it I gotta dust some wild cards. Tomorrow I find another deck and to complete it I probably have to dust more wild cards. So why not just burn em all huh.

Been playing since beta so I have a full collection and some spare dust. Otherwise I might have considered it since I've no intention of ever going "back" to wild.

Kornflayx

Opponent has 2 Backstab, 1 Shadow Strike, 1 Swashburglar in opening hand. His Swashburglar steals a Call of the Wild and he preps it on turn 5. Before that he dealt with everything I threw on the board and I instantly lost on a whim.

If my keyboard wasn't so expensive, I would've smashed it into a hundred pieces. The salt is real

fertygo

Basically what I do.

Miletius

Opponent has 2 Backstab, 1 Shadow Strike, 1 Swashburglar in opening hand. His Swashburglar steals a Call of the Wild and he preps it on turn 5. Before that he dealt with everything I threw on the board and I instantly lost on a whim.

If my keyboard wasn't so expensive, I would've smashed it into a hundred pieces. The salt is real

That's pretty much how your opponent feels every game when they get to turn 8 and have to deal with call of the wild.

I'm still so scared to enter Arena.. I feel like I'll be losing my gold worthlessly in that mode.

Worst case you always get a pack, so you lose 50 gold.

You might get some dust as well, so it's not a total loss.

If you get lucky and get a few wins, you come up ahead.

It's just more of a time investment compared to buying packs and dusting dupes.

If I win the lottery, I'm going for a full HS card collection.

ALL GOLD.

rahji

If you have malchazar imp on the board and you play deathwing...do you draw cards or not? I was wondering the whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom