• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishlake

I was playing against a warrior who played a gore howl and had a c'thun 2/3 minion on the board. He sends the 2/3into my beltcher 3/5 then attacks with his gore howl. I really wish I could have said more then "that was a mistake". Didn't help that next turn he brawled and my Dr.Boom won and Malganis was sent out of my hand.

I feel bad for him.

Got my warlock quest done though.

this brawl pack 👌🏿

helVaXI.jpg

back2back legendaries from brawl packs. i've definitely used all my RNG up for the year.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I'm playing the Elder Scrolls card game and I saw this:

NgNbcNR.jpg

Shackle means freeze btw.

Dahbomb

Unless the game has no summon sickness and you play that on a open board, that is a terrible card. Or the game isn't minion heavy which I doubt that cause more and more card games are going very minion centric (even YGO which used to have a deck that was like 50-60% spells)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That card looks like a bunch of suck.

How is the TES card game? Any great/unique/cool mechanics?

Can't say much right now (for obvious reasons) but the game so far is insanely good. Heavily, HEAVILY inspired by our beloved Hearthstone though - but holy shit some of these mechanics and layers of depth...

I agree that the Brawl really favours whomever goes first.

Played a Hunter mirror match. I went first.

Fiery Bat
Quick Shot
Carrion Grub
Houndmaster
Turn 5 is different: I play Tundra Rhino, he plays Sludge Belcher.
Highmane
I forgot what goes here
Call of the Wild
He concedes.

Got a golden Highmane in my pack. Finally something good.

Levi

Banned
Reddit user /u/averysillyman came up with a cool Holy Wrath brawl deck.

Face Paladin is really brainless to play and will either win or lose fast.
Worgen Infiltrator (substitute any other aggressive 1 drop)
Argent Lance (substitute any other aggressive 2 drop)
Wolfrider (substitute any other aggressive 3 drop)
Armored Warhorse (substitute any other aggressive 4 drop)
x2 Holy Wrath
x24 copies of your most expensive cards
Mulligan everything to find Holy Wrath. If you don't get it, just concede. Send everything to face. Finish them off with turn 5 Holy Wrath face into turn 6 Holy Wrath face (or turn 4 coin Holy Wrath into turn 5 Holy Wrath).
The way the deck is built, Holy Wrath will always hit for 9+ damage, and sometimes you will draw Molten Giant and straight up one-shot them. The jousters are also very good in this deck. Everybody else is playing some sort of midrange and your deck is full of 10 drops, so you will always win the joust.

This Brawl is an excellent reminder of why the game should not guarantee you draws on a curve, lol. Tempo Mage is no match for midrange Shaman with a stacked high-end.

Can't say much right now (for obvious reasons) but the game so far is insanely good. Heavily, HEAVILY inspired by our beloved Hearthstone though - but holy shit some of these mechanics and layers of depth...
Oh, under NDA?

I'll keep my eye on it.

cHinzo

Just played some secret pally to clear my quests in Brawl. Haven't played that shit in months, but it's funny to draw exactly on curve. :^) Mysterious Challenger into Dr. Boom into Kel Thuzad is just mean. Got my 40 dust pack as usual.

Levi

Banned
Brawl treated me right this time - a legendary on NA (a dupe, hello dust) and a second Sea Giant for my EU account.

The Light

Is anyone having crazy lag? or is it just my crappy laptop.
So I'm playing the Elder Scrolls card game and I saw this:

NgNbcNR.jpg

Shackle means freeze btw.
Man I hope I have a card with deadly when this is placed since you know buffs plus silence is coming soon after.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think art style is a huge part of why I like hearthstone and have o interest in any other card game. Just looking at that card makes me not want to play the game. Duelist is even worse.

wiibomb

I think art style is a huge part of why I like hearthstone and have o interest in any other card game. Just looking at that card makes me not want to play the game. Duelist is even worse.

way too serious...

exactly why I'm not linking those card games much... I prefer the cartoony side of HS and how it sometimes jokes and sometimes sets epic intros for minions

manhack

I think Demented Frostcaller might be the best card that nobody is playing. I am using him in a tempo yogg mage on my main account and he is really great at locking out games. Just made a crazy control/tempo mage on my F2P EU account (no Flamewaker yet) and he was doing amazing work there as well.

You basically lock down the opponents board indefinitely and with Cabalist's tomb and ethereal conjurer you are casting spells constantly.

I think Demented Frostcaller might be the best card that nobody is playing. I am using him in a tempo yogg mage on my main account and he is really great at locking out games. Just made a crazy control/tempo mage on my F2P EU account (no Flamewaker yet) and he was doing amazing work there as well.

You basically lock down the opponents board indefinitely and with Cabalist's tomb and ethereal conjurer you are casting spells constantly.
I'd love to see a recording, but I think the big problem with Frostcaller is his weak stat load. 2/4 for 4 mana is down 3 stat points from a pure stat play, and in a meta all about playing big stuff and overrunning the board, he's hard to keep around.

Hycran

Banned
I'd love to see a recording, but I think the big problem with Frostcaller is his weak stat load. 2/4 for 4 mana is down 3 stat points from a pure stat play, and in a meta all about playing big stuff and overrunning the board, he's hard to keep around.

Frostcaller is even worse than 3 stat points in some cases. At 4 mana, paladins are playing keeper of uldaman which is +1 attack but usually giving +2/+2 to some recruit. Hunters are playing the infected wolf which is a 5/5, shamans are playing "thats incredible", druids are playing a turbo yeti, the list goes on and on. Part of what makes flamewaker so good is that he is fairly priced at 2/4 for 3 mana. 2/4 at 4 is simply not destined to last.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
lol all these hunters playing Fiery Bat in the brawl.

Zombie Chow is so much better.

Kettch

Well, I just learned a new lesson after a couple years of playing. Apparently when you click to cancel your match after queuing up and the game disconnects you, the match goes through. Just came back from starting dinner to a loss message after logging back in.

I just lost to a N'Zoth Mill Rogue in Wild. You will never find that kind of odd deck in Standard, hahaha. I can't even be mad, that mill came nowhere at the end.

lol all these hunters playing Fiery Bat in the brawl.

Zombie Chow is so much better.
Playing Fiery Bat in general is pretty lols.

Frostcaller is even worse than 3 stat points in some cases. At 4 mana, paladins are playing keeper of uldaman which is +1 attack but usually giving +2/+2 to some recruit. Hunters are playing the infected wolf which is a 5/5, shamans are playing "thats incredible", druids are playing a turbo yeti, the list goes on and on. Part of what makes flamewaker so good is that he is fairly priced at 2/4 for 3 mana. 2/4 at 4 is simply not destined to last.
No doubt.

The TES card game is made by some mtg pro players among other things
There are SO many MtG clones out there, though. If you want a digital MtG, you literally have 5 games to choose from if you count games in beta right now.

Duelyst excites me because it has a board to play on.
Infinity Wars excites me because it has simultaneous turns, which lead to the most intense mindgames of any card game out there (including MtG).
Solforge was cool because it had no mana system, and I found that intriguing. The game got a little dull for me, though.

Well, I just learned a new lesson after a couple years of playing. Apparently when you click to cancel your match after queuing up and the game disconnects you, the match goes through. Just came back from starting dinner to a loss message after logging back in.
I've had this bug happen to me. Irritating.

KuroNeeko

Jeebus, Blizzard, how about you fix the frackin Priest class already.

Edit: How hard it is to make a balanced 1-3 drop for the class so people can continue to play the archtype they enjoy?

You watch the best players sit down with priest and make comments like, "Why did I decide to try priest today? This class is terrible." (Kolento) or "I can't believe I spent the first hour of the stream playing Priest. I feel stupid now." - Strifecro.

Contrasted with "We still think there might be some quality lists out there waiting to be discovered." Warrior has 4-5 lists in the top two tiers spanning from control to aggro and Priest struggles to remain on a tier list at all.

There are SO many MtG clones out there, though. If you want a digital MtG, you literally have 5 games to choose from if you count games in beta right now.

I forgot to quote but that was supposed to be in response to the depth post.
The game is licensed and little more than the contract work financing their own IP, that from what I've heard is not particularly good and another cross of mtg and hearthstone.

Dahbomb

This Brawl is an excellent reminder of why the game should not guarantee you draws on a curve, lol. Tempo Mage is no match for midrange Shaman with a stacked high-end.

Oh, under NDA?

I'll keep my eye on it.
Breh you literally recommended that we should get draws like these in the opening hand/mulligan (for consistency) and we not only told you that it was an awful idea but that they made a Brawl around it which was bad.

I was just waiting for this Brawl to show up again so I could say "told ya so!"

The Light

I'm in the eternal beta and I don't mind playing it. True it is a hearthstone meets magic, but I think it pulls it off well.
Duelyst excites me because it has a board to play on.
Infinity Wars excites me because it has simultaneous turns, which lead to the most intense mindgames of any card game out there (including MtG).
Solforge was cool because it had no mana system, and I found that intriguing. The game got a little dull for me, though.
There are 5? Magic origins, Hex, Spellweaver, Eternal and what?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Played the silliest game against a rogue with my hunter. He played a massive edwin on turn 3 (8/8) and i used a freezing trap. His edwin was alone on board. He proceeded to play around freezing trap (and wasting his turns) for 5 turns before finally concealing a Thalnos so he could activate the trap. He ended up running edwin into a 6 attack minion, and then i played explosive trap and to him out.

And i still almost lost somehow. When he wasted half the game trying to preserve his one minion. But I'm terrible so that makes sense. Still a hilarious game.

Man, it is really depressing these days to say "Hey, I feel like playing Druid," then opening up the collection manager and seeing what they have.

Then again, I guess it's no more depressing to pretty much be forced into playing combo like before.

KuroNeeko

Man, it is really depressing these days to say "Hey, I feel like playing Druid," then opening up the collection manager and seeing what they have.

Then again, I guess it's no more depressing to pretty much be forced into playing combo like before.

Maaan, you have ramp, C'thun, and Token Druid--all of which are viable and competitive.

Zoggy

i made this brawl kind of fun.

all warlock cards except your only 2 drop is renounce darkness. add in justicar for turn 6 and boom for 7.

then draw cards on curve (but also costing one mana less) for the game.

but its still not fun because everyone is secret paladin

did the guys doing tavern brawl get fired? we haven't had a good brawl in over a month. been one and done or played less than 10 games for all of them. and i love tavern brawls, there was one where i had over 250 wins!

Breh you literally recommended that we should get draws like these in the opening hand/mulligan (for consistency) and we not only told you that it was an awful idea but that they made a Brawl around it which was bad.

I was just waiting for this Brawl to show up again so I could say "told ya so!"
No, I said that *IF* you include a certain number of 1-mana cards, you should be guaranteed a 1-mana card in your hand. I still think that would be a good idea, because it is incredibly annoying to put 8 1-mana cards in your hand and not get one.

I forgot to quote but that was supposed to be in response to the depth post.
The game is licensed and little more than the contract work financing their own IP, that from what I've heard is not particularly good and another cross of mtg and hearthstone.
Ooph.

I'm in the eternal beta and I don't mind playing it. True it is a hearthstone meets magic, but I think it pulls it off well.

There are 5? Magic origins, Hex, Spellweaver, Eternal and what?
Magic Origins, Hex, Spellweaver, Eternal, and...

Shadowverse
Might and Magic
Probably some more...

Hey, if you have an extra Eternal beta key at some point, I'd like to give it a shot. I've watched

Yeah, because they're so OP, right?
Priest isn't OP, but their cards often aren't fun to play against. No one likes having their stuff stolen...

Nordicus

all warlock cards except your only 2 drop is renounce darkness. add in justicar for turn 6 and boom for 7.
Do you go "I greet you" every time you cast Renounce? Because I can't stop doing that :p
No, I said that *IF* you include a certain number of 1-mana cards, you should be guaranteed a 1-mana card in your hand. I still think that would be a good idea, because it is incredibly annoying to put 8 1-mana cards in your hand and not get one.
Yeah, having optimized Turn 1 =/= completely optimized curve

KuroNeeko

Eh, I guess. I don't thnk C'Thun and Ramp are that good really. Yogg is okay but really niche.

It might be better for Druid if they didn't get shit on by Zoo.

Yeah, but almost everyone gets shit on by Zoo so... ; )

Priest isn't OP, but their cards often aren't fun to play against. No one likes having their stuff stolen...

So what?

Since when has anyone in this game played for the enjoyment of their opponent? You think playing against Fiery War Axe is fun? Or Call of the Wild? Or having some aggro Shaman or Pirate Warrior push your poop in on turn five fun? Or playing against Secret Paladin before Standard was fun? None of that stuff was fun and Control Priest (the only real archtype that Priest has had since the start of Hearthstone) has never been as dominant as any of the decks I just listed.

You don't want me to Cabal Shadow Priest your Bloodhoof, Brann, or whatever else? Don't play something with less than three power on or after turn six. It's not like CSP really does much against aggro these days anyways.

No one plays Mind Control.

Almost no one plays Shadow Madness.

No one plays Mind Vision or Mind Games.

Thoughtsteal doesn't "steal" anything.

That leaves Entomb, a six mana, single-target removal spell. lol

With the state of Priest as it is now, Entombing something is rarely little more than a Pyrric Victory. Yeah, I removed your dood and put it in my deck, but now I'm dead.

Edit: If Blizz wants to revamp the whole class to make it more fun for everyone, than I'm down with that provided they do a better job than what they've been doing up until now. I don't need Priest to be stealing shit; there are more creatives ways to make Priest fun. Why don't we do more with healing / shadow damage. More cards like Northshire Cleric, Holy Champion, Shadowform, and Light of the Naaru? All of that stuff is fun.

But in today's Priest, no one uses Holy Champion. No one uses Shadowform. Some priests don't even use Northshire Cleric anymore. So which Classic cards do you propose they do away with? Shadow Words Pain / Death? Holy Nova? Power Word: Shield? Auchenai Shadow Priest? None of those cards steal anything?

Thoughtsteal? I'd rather have Arcane Intellect. (Actually, no I wouldn't. TS is more fun, but AI is the better card.) Then what? CSP? A 4/6 for six mana that potentially does nothing but race to its death when played without a target to take?

jgminto

Priest was a lot of fun to play as before standard, it was my fave control class. Now Warrior is the only one left standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom