• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Kripp surprising me with his fair and measured response to the change:

https://twitter.com/Kripparrian/status/773956528684593153

I expected him to blow it all out of proportion, make some ranty video, and collect that sweet YouTube ad revenue as the disgruntled and hateful fanboys on Reddit upvote it to the front page.

I used to be a fan of Kripp, but between his nonstop negativity and frequent sellout sponsored streams I stopped watching him. Now in the evening I watch high-level constructed players such as Zalae and NaviOOT and not only is their stream more entertaining, their chat is actually readable.

Kripp's chat is a bunch of junior Nazis all competing to see who can spam the most fucked-up thing imaginable.

I never thought I'd interact in twitch chat but these smaller streams with active moderators actually makes it fun.

Dahbomb

Kripp has never uttered a lie and is usually pretty reasonable. But even he can be broken and pushed to the limit. Same with ADWCTA, a reasonable and intelligent guy but Blizzard pushed him over the edge and he just started making non stop Warrior Arena rants.

In fact Kripp is one of the biggest Blizzard defenders/fanboys out there.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Kripp has never uttered a lie and is usually pretty reasonable. But even he can be broken and pushed to the limit. Same with ADWCTA, a reasonable and intelligent guy but Blizzard pushed him over the edge and he just started making non stop Warrior Arena rants.

In fact Kripp is one of the biggest Blizzard defenders/fanboys out there.

Yeah I do enjoy listening to his usually rational opinions. He gets hella salty on stream all the time though, and I don't watch that unless I am in the mood to watch salty tears. His videos usually are pretty intelligent and at least have good ideas behind them if I can't support the idea directly.

Nordicus

Now in the evening I watch high-level constructed players such as Zalae and NaviOOT and not only is their stream more entertaining, their chat is actually readable.

Kripp's chat is a bunch of junior Nazis all competing to see who can spam the most fucked-up thing imaginable.

I never thought I'd interact in twitch chat but these smaller streams with active moderators actually makes it fun.
As much as I like Kripp, the chat is the reason I'm not following his Twitch streams and watching Noxious and Kibler instead. And even Kibler only during Duelyst streams because his chat activity drops to manageable level.

Can someone ELI5 the whole Purify thing?

Purify is a 2 mana card that silences a friendly minion and draws a card.

The distinction between making it 2 mana and making it only friendly minions was what made it a below average card.

Compared to Power Word: Shield which is a 1 mana +2 health and draw a card.

There are many more examples of better 1 and 2 mana cards than Purify, which is why people got understandably upset with Blizzard because it's a pretty shit card to make part of an Adventure and claim it'll be great for Priest decks.

It's a not so great card that requires excellent card synergy compared to a lot of other cards that could be used instead.

Dahbomb

Can someone ELI5 the whole Purify thing?
It's a bad card printed for currently the worst class in the set in an expansion with very limited cards per class. It's further exacerbated by it being a common card which has the dual purpose of screwing over Priests in Arena too. Since new expansions get an occurence bonus as do class cards (and commons are more common in Arena).... you would see Purify 6 times as much as you would say a Yeti.

It was the perfect storm of screw up when it came to a single card. They couldn't even assign it the proper rarity. Instead of swapping rarities with Onyx Bishop they just outright banned the card from Arena so now Priest of the Feast is offered at a staggering 12 times the occurrence bonus. That's still preferable to it being in Arena as Priest is also the worst class in Arena.

As to why the card is bad... just compare it to other 1/2 mana cards that draw. Silence your own minion is a very niche effect and in some cases a negative. Pretty much every other 2 mana cantrip in the game does something very positive and draws a card (Shiv, Wrath, Mark of Yshaarj, Battle Rage, Flare, Novice Engineer, Mortal Coil, Commanding Shout). Hell Priest has a 0 mana Silence card that can target enemies too AND a 1 mana buff that also draws.

Levi

Banned
Amongst all this arena silliness, the new Data Reaper report was overshadowed:

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-17/

it seems we are fully in the Hunter/Shaman meta, as both classes have two decks in the top two tiers.

There are also zero control decks in the top two tiers.

Hopefully the meta isn't "solved" at his point, because if things stay as they are it's going to be a long couple of months until the next content drop.

inky

For me streams are something I put on my second monitor so the chat is the last thing I'm thinking about. I'd rather have no chat AND no stupid notifications/donation messages breaking the flow of the stream than read a chat on twitch. And Kripp seems to be the only streamer left in the world that hasn't succumbed to that annoying crap. I give him mad props for that.

I'd rather watch a few sponsored streams here and there, which are usually a nice change of pace anyways with the different games. I started watching him for Diablo and PoE so I like when he goes back to those too.

Amongst all this arena silliness, the new Data Reaper report was overshadowed:

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-17/

it seems we are fully in the Hunter/Shaman meta, as both classes have two decks in the top two tiers.

There are also zero control decks in the top two tiers.

Hopefully the meta isn't "solved" at his point, because if things stay as they are it's going to be a long couple of months until the next content drop.
RIP Zoo.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah who the hell watches/reads a Twitch chat? That's the equivalent of reading youtube comments. Obviously it is all cancer and should just be removed. Let those people go back to IRC and the rest of us can continue watching as before.

Yeah who the hell watches/reads a Twitch chat? That's the equivalent of reading youtube comments. Obviously it is all cancer and should just be removed. Let those people go back to IRC and the rest of us can continue watching as before.

Depends on the channel. I usually am not interested in chat, but sometimes it's okay.

Hunter I played against in wild played back to back CotW defensively, I just powered through them. Feels so good.

Just lost to the weirdest deck. Freeze mage playing scaled nightmare as a win con. Frostbolt, Blizzard + Counterspell Noble Sacrifice, Frost Nova + Frost Bolt and it was 32/3

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Finally uninstalled, after creating a mage deck and coming against 10 opponents, 3 zoo, 7 shaman I decided to call it quits til the next round of balancing, making anti aggro decks is not fun, making aggro decks is not fun, there is nothing I can do in this game with the meta the way it is.

Dahbomb

I just noticed that the classes are listed in terms of their actual Arena rank right down to Priests at the bottom.

Damn, no beating around the bush there.

Seems like Blizzard is cutting cards that have some variance. Should've removed Flame Cannon instead of Forgotten Torch then.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump playing Y'serajj Barnes Hunter.

Nice to see a streamer actually understand the deck and not replace the active damage cards with value cards like lock and load.

EDIT: I am liking my adding Ragnoros even more after watching him. Otherwise Barnes and Y'Sarajj both in hand is an instant loss because that deck can't handle two practically dead cards in hand.

I choose you, God Cleef.

.eJwNzEEOgyAQBdC7sBf-oFD1BN33AIbgBEwUDExXTe_evgO8j3q3U60qi9x9NWY_eqxt111qC4l1qjWdHO6j61gvE0RCzBcX6YY8kXtMABy5GYudjbWjW7wHaMSEaXTWPDk0yf-u8PaKjbn0XGXDMmAeyG8WmqDh9V2S-v4AMFwsgQ.B0Yllx73ATVWIAXf_BjYLucwZiE.png

My biggest van cleef in constructed I believe.

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIC2KIguYwhw6AUtgfplbvd771VPr2pTh0gbG0A6R-Se9BDuoWRdmEvNoZ1DR74giIR4XPmWAeSI7DIjoiXrcTUejJns6sm5eTE0oXUEhdMea86fXZ5-628r6vcHAkoldg.RJcZyXhjMCuCu8jQj_AUJm5JpX4.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you guys are able to get through arena drafts without being forced to take bad minions, please tell me your secrets!

Every arena draft is going to include a couple stinkers. Your mistake is in thinking that charge is going to make those minions better. It won't. Bad minions will always be bad minions.

Levi

Banned
Why would the meta be "solved" 1 week after release...

Everyone sure acting like it is, at least around here.

Some dude just below you QUIT THE GAME because he's convinced the meta is stale.

I personally don't think it is, but it sure didn't take long for all the experimentation to end and most people to go back to hunter and shaman.

bvyqmjy.jpg

where do u think i could fit a second shifting shade in? honestly i'm liking this sort of cheaper version of rez priest much better than the greedy version with wild pyro. wild pyro is almost always garbage to resurrect, and its like your only early game defense, i kept dying to zoos and hunters having to wait until turn 5 to drop impactful cards against them. having anuchai/coh/flash helps EXTRAORDINARily. plus circle of healing/flash heal are miracle workers for your first blademaster, i can't believe i ran the deck without that package before.

and having hoarders and such lets you get a little board presence early for cheap, and keeps your hand refilled. not a bad card to end up resurrecting really. since you have the auch combos it helps to res them and cycle for the combos. but yeah shade is a great card for draw, i feel like i should have one. might need another late game bomb like yogg or something but i'm digging the flexibility so far, just have to make good use of nexus (won my last game with 2 hoarders on the board and a call of the wild XD)

Everyone sure acting like it is, at least around here.

Some dude just below you QUIT THE GAME because he's convinced the meta is stale.

I personally don't think it is, but it sure didn't take long for all the experimentation to end and most people to go back to hunter and shaman.

The meta is far from stale. I'm still seeing new decks in game and while watching on twitch.

If someone wants to quit cause they ran into a string of meta decks, I am incredibly surprised they made it this far. I don't want to beat up on someone because it's their choice to draw the line where they want to, and their experience can differ from mine.

My last 100 match break down looks like this:
>10%
Mage
warlock
hunter
druid
shaman

9%-5%
Warrior
rogue

< 5%
Paladin
priest

These are very different numbers than last month where warrior was topping even mage which has highest numbers this week.

And in mage, it's not just tempo at least. It's also control mage and god forbid freeze mage, as well as reno mage.

Warlock isn't all zoolock, there's been few but definitely present reno/control locks.

Druid has ramp, token, and beast.

Shaman is aggro, midrange, and control.

Warrior has control, fatigue (control+malchezzar), c'thun, dragon warrior, pirate warrior, yada yada. Pretty spread out atm, I assume dragon warrior when I see one for mulligan as they're the most common.

Paladin is running control/anyfin, dragon, menagerie zoo (for lack of not knowing the name).

And even priest has a pretty good showing with dragon priest (I have only seen kibler play it on stream though), resurrect seems to have died down but it seemed okay, and I've seen control priests but still pretty rare.

The meta isn't stale at all and it's not "solved" either. I've seen a lot of variations and new stuff over the last week.

I would drop NCS. He's too slow and way too inconsistent.

but hes soooo funnn esp when he gets barnes or ressurrected lol. but yeah he is the weak spot, he's kind of a carry over from when i had yogg in the deck. which might be the best way to go, esp since i basically just want a good deck but still with some fun in it. he can help with feasting tho

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
but hes soooo funnn esp when he gets barnes or ressurrected lol. but yeah he is the weak spot, he's kind of a carry over from when i had yogg in the deck. which might be the best way to go, esp since i basically just want a good deck but still with some fun in it.

You're already playing priest. Competitive should play second fiddle to fun any day.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this is an example of how Rag is good in the Barnes/Y'Sharjj deck even if it only accomplishes 8 damage to face, or an example of lol priest, but either way:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Ybb3RDtHYCkMxA8twT8ER3

He did have a pretty good anti aggro draw as a Dragon Priest at least, but not enough. 14-5 with the latest version to rank 12 at the moment. Zoolock and Dragon Warrior are the only two decks that beat me I think.

Decklist

i wonder if you could make a trolly ressurrection priest deck around leeroy jenkins. 5 of them in a face deck could be pretty disgusting. use embrace the shadow or something to get face from your spells, maybe a yogg as a clincher. maybe a malygos to enhance embrace/flash heal trolls. or prophet velen. use power word glory on some early trash and go shadow form lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
i wonder if you could make a trolly ressurrection priest deck around leeroy jenkins. 5 of them in a face deck could be pretty disgusting. use embrace the shadow or something to get face from your spells, maybe a yogg as a clincher.
You'd never live long enough to get the resurrect cycle going.

Eddie Bax

I'm glad they've finally acknowledged arena has class balance problems, and I understand that this move is intended as a quick response, but I wish they'd actually explained their ban reasoning in the announcement post and not just done a 'welp, here it is!'

You'd never live long enough to get the resurrect cycle going.

sigh, the arcane golem nerf really killed face priest. i honestly made it to single digit ranks multiple times using various face priest decks before they nerfed that card. i never got anywhere near as many friend requests as when i ran people sub rank 10 with those decks. holy fire was good to stall for t7 lethal and drag them to lethal distance. arcane, shadowbomber, mind blast, velens chosen and loatheb really gave you the tools necessary to pull an anti meta deck like that together. esp before reno dropped lol.

Dahbomb

Getting ready for the new Arena, I made a run with Rogue.

At 6-0 wins, I face off against a Mage. I get Counter Spell off of Swash Burglar. I push for tempo and board, to get ahead while the Mage puts down Faceless Summoner. I put down Counter Spell, put more minions and keep going face.

I know that the Mage is going to play either Flamestrike or Firelands Portal to get in the game... and of course Flamestrike is used without even thinking twice for the maximum punish. Instant concede after that.

Too bad I went 7-3 after that. The deck wasn't good but I was pleased with my performance after not playing Arena for so long. Got double pack (OG and TGT) plus 150 golds so it was more than worth the investment.

Got cabalist's tome off burgle. Had two auctioneers in hand and no preps. Had to wait til way later into the game to even think about playing it due to having a full hand, but once I did (it was 3 mana at that point) I had my second peddler in hand... so good. I didn't get great spells, but yeah... fun stuff.

great, time to find a way to free another 2 gigs on my iphone only for it to immediately be free again >_<

I don't think they said it's a client side patch or a server side, so maybe you're safe.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
How did the quest bug work? Because I'm 99% sure my dummy account still has it.

I haven't gotten anything but 40 gold or tavern brawl quests for two weeks.

Was it client side or server side?

I just had the craziest fucking game of hearthstone... all because of yogg.

I'm playing burgle rogue, I inserted yogg cause why not, it beats certain decks and gives you a chance against certain decks where you've already lost. Anyway, the way the game played out was slow. It's hard to recall all the nitty gritty details cause it was a long game with all the burgles and cabalist's tomes. Just watch the replay if you want to know about the mid game. I even had an ice block get flared, and I actually had a second one. Pretty crazy stuff going on mid game. He even played medievh AND antonidas.

So near the end, my opponent had like 4 secrets after yogg saron, one I knew was ice block from way earlier in the game. And he finally played some heavy minions and mirror image. I was actually in fatigue since I drew cards off auctioneer. 20 spell yogg, by all logic I should probably lose to fatigue right? 20 spells and not a single one drew a card btw.

I'm not even actually sure how secure I was in my win. 20 spells take forever to go off. At one point I got eye for an eye twice. And he took some face damage bringing him down to 5. So at that point if I just bring him down to 1, he dies to eye for an eye when that triggers right? But then something even better happens. Yogg casts curse of rafaam, even a surer ice block popper! And then it casts heroic strike! And unleash the hounds! While the spells are still going off, I manage to take down the mirror images and hit face, there was an explosive trap, but my heroic strike damage brought him to 1 hp and he died to curse of rafaam. That was insane.

Here is the upload: https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/dt3LG44DixXrzgTJFzePi4/?utm_source=hdt

edit:
I did get a battlerage which drew for 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom