• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

guys, recommendations for tracking software about my winning rates and decks and whatnot while playing? I haven't been specially following that part of the game and I need to track down my performance.

guys, recommendations for tracking software about my winning rates and decks and whatnot while playing? I haven't been specially following that part of the game and I need to track down my performance.

Hearthstone deck tracker 100%, I haven't tried the alternatives but it has auto-deck import and the beta version lets you upload reconstructed replays. I'm pretty sure link is in the OP but it could be old.

I think the old link is still valid, it goes to the github download. They now have a website though: https://hsdecktracker.net/

wiibomb

Hearthstone deck tracker 100%, I haven't tried the alternatives but it has auto-deck import and the beta version lets you upload reconstructed replays. I'm pretty sure link is in the OP but it could be old.

I think the old link is still valid, it goes to the github download. They now have a website though: https://hsdecktracker.net/

I tried that one but it seems like it has to be manually opened, right?

may be I'm doing it wrong since the Hearthpwn tracker is opening itself automatically and not hstracker

Top decks are still top and have in fact gotten better. Hunter has gotten better so you see more of it as well as Beast Druid.

You see more spell centric and dragon decks around with the occasional meme decks.

Top decks right now:

Sorry for the late reply...

Thanks for all the info. Looks like I'm gonna have to shuffle some of my decks around for the daily quests.

Levi

Banned
My F2P Asia account (that has one Legendary (two if you count C'thun)) and 5 epics just opened a Doomhammer today so I made a "Midrange Shaman" over there since I had a Shaman quest, it's been doing work.

I don't have any of the adventures so I don't have ALL the OP cards included but I did win 3 in a row for my quest, and all three wins were blow-outs:

iVFiANx.png

I'm such a good deckbuilder.
It's easy when you just put all the most broken cards in your collection in one deck, lul.

Trying to decide what's worse.

T1 Trogg, T2 coin + Feral Spirit, T4 7/7, etc.

or

T1 whatever, T2 coin + Tuskarr with Mana Tide, T3 whatever, T4 7/7

I guess in the second case Tuskarr may not roll Mana Tide.

jgminto

Flamewreathed Faceless is OP but it isn't Dr. Boom or Mysterious Challenger levels of broken. It is closer to Piloted Shredder in terms of power level, but has higher highs and lower lows. Despite its vanilla stats it is actually one of the most frustrating "RNG" cards, because your opponent has to have the answer or they lose. If it was a 7/6 you could more reliably trade into it and it would be fair.

Thing From Below is arguably worse. It is just a little too easy to make it cheap and get a huge tempo swing in a class that already stays ahead on board right now. That's why even Aggro Shaman runs it. Plus the fact that it has taunt means you are basically forced to deal with it. So it is much more likely to be in a position where the tempo gain is guaranteed.
I'm not convinced Flamewreathed Faceless will actually see much play once the next standard rotation has occurred. It's such a cumbersome card without the benefit of Tunnel Trogg. Perhaps it will be run in a list with Unbound Elemental and Eternal Sentinel but I don't think it's going to be the obvious pick for Shaman 4 Drop next year.

Salex_

RANK 5. I'M FREEEEE. This was the most frustrating climb to rank 5 in my 5 months of trying to get rank 5 dust. I was so annoyed by my losses I didn't realize I had a 70.6% (24-10) win rate with a slower Tempo Mage deck. Used that deck for the final 4 game win streak push.

Track-o-Bot is amazing. It even has the option to show the cards drawn (or played for the opponent) when you hover over you or your opponent's deck.

What's better than a 4 mana 7/7? How about a turn 2 10/10 (backstab + prep + fan of knives + coin + van cleef).

I felt confident in doing it too, because this shaman had tunnel trog turn 1, abusive sergeant turn 2, + lightning bolted my face. His aggressive play... seemed so aggressive... so I assumed he doesn't run hex (and he was overloaded anyway). I won in 3 turns. lol

manhack

RANK 5. I'M FREEEEE. This was the most frustrating climb to rank 5 in my 5 months of trying to get rank 5 dust. I was so annoyed by my losses I didn't realize I had a 70.6% (24-10) win rate with a slower Tempo Mage deck. Used that deck for the final 4 game win streak push.

I think this is an important point and related to something I've noticed about how I play. I am currently 9-0 with my updated Dragon Paladin and I guarantee when I start losing I'm going to be pissed off. My 80 game win rate is around 63%, but all it would take is 3 losses in a row to get me annoyed.

It isn't rational, but I think it is just human nature. I suspect a lot of people who complain about losses would benefit from looking at the game from a wider perspective.

This is why deck tracking (track-o-bot or HDT) is so important to help temper some of the salt this game will generate.

fertygo

Rank 5 isn't that hard, I always achieve it within 50 in past 3 month, the win streak made it easy for even average player like me

Legend is so frigging hard tho, I'm not sure will get it in near future

I had 2 month where I tryharding, and still fail

Burgle rogue... is quite fun.

I had flame tongue totem, prep'd burgle, I got a flamewreathed faceless and a windfury minion (the 4 mana 3/3). I played Ethereal peddler, making the flame tongue totem cost 0, which let me use undercity huckster to trade with dagger against the thing from below (fuck that card, it was 0 mana by turn 5). The huckster got me freeze shock. Next turn all he could do was fire elemental the peddler down to 3. So I played the 7/7 for 2 mana, gave the peddler windfury (7 attack), smashed face and froze his fire elemental. He could only remove the peddler and then conceded.

Justice for all the victims of shamans. Burgle rogue steals from the shamans and gives to the priests.

sibarraz

Banned
I was at 3 victories of reaching legend with c'thun warrior, but in that week Hunter started to became more popular and I felt from a cliff.

Even the good matchups like aggro shaman or dragon warrior were horrible for me when they have a perfect start.

Then I gave up, reaching from 5 to Legend requires 50% being good and 50% playing a lot of the time to get there, and after a while curvestone gets really boring to play that much on a day

I was at 3 victories of reaching legend with c'thun warrior, but in that week Hunter started to became more popular and I felt from a cliff.

Even the good matchups like aggro shaman or dragon warrior were horrible for me when they have a perfect start

Last month I too was... so close to legend. Probably 2-3 wins. And then the meta just got so fast because of hunter. I was playing ramp druid, switched to maly rogue because it was slightly faster and by the time I had picked the right deck (which was control paladin) I had already dropped like 9 stars so I gave up. I didn't care in the first place, but carrot on stick was so close I could taste it.

Cables

Neo Member
I know it's tier 2, but the Anyfin Paladin deck I'm running is a lot of fun. Between that, Maly Druid, and various decent Rogue decks, I actually don't think this meta is too bad.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just played a rogue running Arcane Giant gang up in an otherwise seemingly typical miracle shell (plus Yogg as seems common in Rogue these days). He tried to gang up his arcane giant twice, but I had spellbender up, hah. So he also got three spellbenders.

Ending up winning the game off of a key brann conjurer. Got me the burn to kill him using my multiple ice blocks to sustain long enough. Fun game. Even with his good yogg.

Xanathus

Firebat's community banlist poll shows how fucking stupid it is listening to the general community for feedback on what cards should be changed/modified because 90% of the community are rank 20 idiots that think combo/complex decks are overpowered and are exactly the reason why Hearthstone is in the current state it is in.

ZeroX03

Banned
How is Maelstrom Portal working out? Haven't seen it much and my general feeling is it's mostly just against Zoolock whereas Lightning Storm is a lot more versatile despite the cost.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just lost to a Renolock that I thought was Zoo because they were super aggressive the first five turns, then started dropping C'Thun cards and then Harrison Jonesed my Doomhammer. Haven't seen that happen in a long time.

Pretty sure every shaman run it now

Playing Aggro Shaman and I'm struggling to see many situations where I wouldn't rather have a Lightning Storm for AoE or one of the other 2-drops.

Dahbomb

Maelstrom improves your Zoo/Token Driud match up by quite a bit.

Lightning Storm is too expensive against a lot of Zoo's board. If you get a Spell damage totem up then Maelstrom basically acts as a Lightning Storm and puts a body on the board.

ZeroX03

Banned
Maelstrom improves your Zoo/Token Driud match up by quite a bit.

Lightning Storm is too expensive against a lot of Zoo's board. If you get a Spell damage totem up then Maelstrom basically acts as a Lightning Storm and puts a body on the board.

I'm not really struggling against Zoo though, nor am I ever really dropping spell damage Totems? Midrange maybe, but not Aggro.

fertygo

Doom would've so nuts in Druid

Board clear draw and drop 2 8/8, prep for maly turn

I always wishes for Doom when drop yogg at Malygos Druid

Pooya

Firebat's community banlist poll shows how fucking stupid it is listening to the general community for feedback on what cards should be changed/modified because 90% of the community are rank 20 idiots that think combo/complex decks are overpowered and are exactly the reason why Hearthstone is in the current state it is in.

complex/combo cards like Yogg, Tuskarr totemic, Call of the Wild and Barnes? gotcha.

Xanathus

complex/combo cards like Yogg, Tuskarr totemic, Call of the Wild and Barnes? gotcha.

War Axe and Call of the Wild are the non-RNG cards that shouldn't even be on that list, with Call of the Wild being the only reason Hunter is in a playable state right now. But feel free to just cherry pick the bad examples in the list in order to be one of the idiots pushing for Hearthstone to be all about playing cards in a curve.

War Axe and Call of the Wild are the non-RNG cards that shouldn't even be on that list, with Call of the Wild being the only reason Hunter is in a playable state right now. But feel free to just cherry pick the bad examples in the list in order to be one of the idiots pushing for Hearthstone to be all about playing cards in a curve.

but those idiots banned 2 on curve cards. There's few situations you wouldn't play a CotW on curve and FWA turn 2 on an empty board is rarely a bad play either.

Banning both of them severely hurts the curvestone aspect of either class, hunter for closing the game out and warrior for staying ahead on board.

Szadek

How is picking 4 of the top 5 cherry picking?
Also, Call of the Wild is one of the on cruve cards that you apparently hate so much.

Xanathus

but those idiots banned 2 on curve cards. There's few situations you wouldn't play a CotW on curve and FWA turn 2 on an empty board is rarely a bad play either.

Banning both of them severely hurts the curvestone aspect of either class, hunter for closing the game out and warrior for staying ahead on board.

By that logic and definition 90% of the cards in Hearthstone are "curve" cards. Who wouldn't play Water Elemental on 4 mana, or even a Worgen Infiltrator on 1 mana? The point is just to remove cards that automatically win games simply by playing them and getting a good RNG out of it. Prior to Standard Warriors wouldn't play War Axe on turn 2 and instead choose to armor up because you would waste the charges and miss on armor if you're facing a control match up and you needed to use Death's Bite later on, or even just to play around weapon removal. You also wouldn't play CotW if you were facing lethal. Just look at all the other stupid votes on that list like Doomhammer, Tunnel Trogg, Execute. These are votes from people who don't understand that these cards alone aren't OP, it's the overall combination of cards in the whole deck that makes them strong.

If this poll was made during BRM the #1 item on the list would be Grim Patron despite the fact that it's such a terrible card on it's own. Freaking Abusive Sergeant, Innervate, Power Overwhelming, Azure Drake and Brawl are on that list FFS.

tldr; tourney organizers looking to ban cards shouldn't give a crap about random community opinions and just consider those from pro-players

Pooya

You realize only the top 5 cards are banned not the rest? And you realize the huge disparity in vote count between the top 5 and the rest? Apparently not.

You still play call of the wild in that situation btw, because it has a taunt and a charge which could deny lethal and it's not like there is even any possible better choice for hunter if they can play call. It's the ultimate curvestone.

And who said only RNG cards are the problem? You think Doomhammer is not OP? LOL. Pro opinions? Every pro that I've seen thinks doomhammer is ridiculous. It's 16 damage in ONE card. That's one of the sentences you can see brought up by everyone and shaman usually has the time to get all the damage in.

"Combination of powerful cards", ok so what you suggest to be done. You have to hit some of those cards and here it is, some of them are hit. A combination of sticky minions hunter has leading to call it makes it very broken. Now hunter can try some other deck like traps. The point of this format is to try something different than ladder.

protip: if you think everyone is an idiot, you're the idiot.

By that logic and definition 90% of the cards in Hearthstone are "curve" cards. Who wouldn't play Water Elemental on 4 mana, or even a Worgen Infiltrator on 1 mana? The point is just to remove cards that automatically win games simply by playing them and getting a good RNG out of it. Prior to Standard Warriors wouldn't play War Axe on turn 2 and instead choose to armor up because you would waste the charges and miss on armor if you're facing a control match up and you needed to use Death's Bite later on, or even just to play around weapon removal. You also wouldn't play CotW if you were facing lethal. Just look at all the other stupid votes on that list like Doomhammer, Tunnel Trogg, Execute. These are votes from people who don't understand that these cards alone aren't OP, it's the overall combination of cards in the whole deck that makes them strong.

If this poll was made during BRM the #1 item on the list would be Grim Patron despite the fact that it's such a terrible card on it's own. Freaking Abusive Sergeant, Innervate, Power Overwhelming, Azure Drake and Brawl are on that list FFS.

tldr; tourney organizers looking to ban cards shouldn't give a crap about random community opinions and just consider those from pro-players
All of the cards you list are often mentioned as problematic.
There's many cards you wouldn't play on curve since they take setup or would just be subject par on curve. FWA and CotW do not need setup and you're making the best out of your mana still and progress the board when playingoing it.

It's one tournament that one person is organizing for mostly shits and giggles and to just see something different. The ban list is likely going to accomplish that, with 4/5 being auto-includes in almost all the top decks from the top classes.

So I don't see what's worth getting worked up about. If the complaint is that you think the community are idiots, so? It doesn't matter. Nobody is letting the community decide ban lists for majors. It's one silly tournament.

fertygo

It's one tournament that one person is organizing for mostly shits and giggles and to just see something different. The ban list is likely going to accomplish that, with 4/5 being auto-includes in almost all the top decks from the top classes.

So I don't see what's getting worked up about. If the complaint is that you think the community are idiots, so? It doesn't matter. Nobody is letting the community decide ban lists for majors. It's one silly tournament.

Its his point tho, its what happen when the community decide.

Personally aside the War axe, I'm ok with the list.. but I guess banning Call of the Wild is kinda share same issue with banning FWA, its effectively ban certain class, you ban Axe? cool you effectively ban Warrior for the tournament, same for Call..

Its his point tho, its what happen when the community decide.

Personally aside the War axe, I'm ok with the list.. but I guess banning Call of the Wild is kinda share same issue with banning FWA, its effectively ban certain class, you ban Axe? cool you effectively ban Warrior for the tournament, same for Call..

It's a non-issue though. No need to get worked up and call people idiots over something that will never be an issue to major tournaments.It's one silly tournament that is only being done for fun.

People might not bring hunter or warrior to this one tournament? Oh no.

fertygo

It's a non-issue though. No need to get worked up and call people idiots over something that will never be an issue to major tournaments.It's one silly tournament that is only being done for fun.

People might not bring hunter or warrior to this one tournament? Oh no.

Well for Xanathus throwing tantrum, I'm not gonna comment on that, he on his own for his ongoing high and mighty attitude.

I just saying to how I feel to some ban, silly tourney or not, effectively eliminate certain class to be played is very lame.

I think, why not just ban deck too instead just card?

no aggro shaman, no drag warrior

Jadax

My F2P Asia account (that has one Legendary (two if you count C'thun)) and 5 epics just opened a Doomhammer today so I made a "Midrange Shaman" over there since I had a Shaman quest, it's been doing work.

How did you get all these cards - I'm f2p EU, and I'm still missing some of these cards (I don't have adventures too).

Levi

Banned
How did you get all these cards - I'm f2p EU, and I'm still missing some of these cards (I don't have adventures too).

Well, I have a bit of an advantage in that I know immediately which cards are worth keeping and which are worth dusting, and I dust every bad card I open on my f2p accounts even if they are my only copies.

I was lucky to open the doomhammer, every other card in that deck is a rare or cheaper, so the ones I didn't open I was able to craft.

I only have three decent decks on my Asia account, a cheap Pirate Warrior, a cheap Mage (with my only Legendary, Antonidas, but no Flamewakers and my only Mage epic is a Forbidden Flame) and this midrange Shaman it's taken a month of saving dust to put together.

Levi

Banned
So what future gimmick tournaments do we want to see? I'm not fond of the Ban list for BatStone #1 but I'm still pleased Firebat and Cloud 9 are trying out new formats.

I'm having a hard time of thinking what they could do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom