• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Double Nourish and Gadgetan is super greedy.

Double Nourish is a must for me, G2 player reasoning its not affect the board is whatever for me.. with all those cheap spell you risk yourself run out of card, and with Arcane Giant you actually have chance to play something even after expensive card like Nourish.

Also you can find decent situation for ramp with it if you found it.

Pooya

I don't think druid lists need gadgetzan, I tried those lists and it feels so bad. You already draw your entire deck and unlike rogue you actually can buy time. You don't get face rolled as easily.

Levi

Banned
I dunno why levi lists it as the number 1 rogue deck in his list of best rogue decks though. That's probably quite a stretch. The more classic miracle rogue, leeroy/cold blood/conceal is probably still better. Probably maly rogue too.

Because I lose to Burglar Rogues and I do not lose to miracle rogues.

But really I only rated them so I could make the joke that disenchanting all the rogue cards to craft a Shaman deck instead is in the top three Rogue decks.

No one should ever consult me on Rogue. It is my least played class. I have fewer than 20 ranked Rogue wins.

Dahbomb

Yeah you really don't need Gadgetan, there's enough draw in that deck as is. Against the decks that you want a large hand size you can do it and against decks that you need the tempo... well having a hand of double Nourish and Gadgetan is game losing. I would still run double Nourish though.

And all forms of Miracolis are better than Thief Rogue. Thief Rogue is probably better than expected but it's not really a competitive deck where players would rather bring something like Questing Barnes Miracoli.

inky

I've been playing Malygos Druid forever and now all of a sudden it's popular. Pffff.

TBF, Giants really push it over the edge. It needed stuff like that long ago. And no, it doesn't really need Auctioneer. Heck, it hasn't needed it since it was nerfed. I remember all Rogue's were suffering for it and I felt like the only Druid player that was going to miss the card.

Grief stage, denial:

3131318gpk3.png

:(

So when is this arena patch hitting? I guess upcoming tuesday?

-

Miracle had a short stint of popularity back before auctioneer nerf. It never got as good as token druid did though.

Because I lose to Burglar Rogues and I do not lose to miracle rogues.

But really I only rated them so I could make the joke that disenchanting all the rogue cards to craft a Shaman deck instead is in the top three Rogue decks.

No one should ever consult me on Rogue. It is my least played class. I have fewer than 20 ranked Rogue wins.

It's all about deck match ups. I beat a lot of zoo but I wouldn't rate them lower than handlock, a deck that is much harder to out play if you're not playing a very aggressive hand.

I think burgle rogue's match ups are still being figured out. I don't think there is a deck I can't beat with burgle rogue, kinda reminds me of druid. There is always a solid chance to win. And even though there is some rng in terms of what you get, I feel like the deck has a high skill cap. So maybe it could turn out being better than leeroy miracle.

Dahbomb

That card sucks LMAO. Hell it's even worse than Fireguard Destroyer.

By the way what happens if you have an Arena draft with the banned cards in it? I currently have a Mage deck with Forgotten Torch in it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

By the way what happens if you have an Arena draft with the banned cards in it? I currently have a Mage deck with Forgotten Torch in it.

Probably nothing.

Waiting for some guy on an alt account with a bunch of banned cards to queue into Kripp in a few months.

inky

I have this 3-0 Arena run on EU:

3-0eu1krgw.png

Heck, speaking of Auctioneer, I think I made this draft before the nerf. I wonder how stomped I would get if I played it now.

Dahbomb

It's not that bad of a deck but it's a bit too slow nowadays. I can tell this was made back then because there's no new cards in it and it's very skewed towards 4 drops.

inky

It's not that bad of a deck but it's a bit too slow nowadays. I can tell this was made back then because there's no new cards in it and it's very skewed towards 4 drops.

Yeah, before Hearthstone turned into Curvestone, 4 mana was THE spot where you made things happened. Shit like Water Elemental and Yeti were considered the standard of power.

I'm looking at a Kripp's draft right now, and 25 of his 30 cards are 4 mana or less.

Pooya

I really like to play healadin sometimes. I hope they give paladin a card that is charged depending on how much you healed your hero. Take C'Thun mechanic, make it work based on healing lol.Or make a giant, reduced cost based on healing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really like to play healadin sometimes. I hope they give paladin a card that is charged depending on how much you healed your hero. Take C'Thun mechanic, make it work based on healing lol.Or make a giant, reduced cost based on healing.

Class specific giant would be neat. Forbidden Healing would be nutty with a heal based one.

I had a burgle mirror again tonight. It was pretty damn interesting. Pretty back and forth. A few points where it looked like I was gonna win early on, and then one point where it felt like the opponent got back in the game to have it swing around again.

It came down to him yogging and then shadowstepping yogg (spell not included in his deck) and yogg nearly killed himself at 1 hp. It probably would have been game over as I had a board clear just in the form of fan of knives. I ended up playing my yogg which did stuff and then my yogg just barely survived his second yogg and I cleared his board and he gave up a turn later.

I never even got to use my burgles, but I got a burgle off yogg that got me a thistle tea. I was never going to run out of resources but we were both fairly low on hp and my initiative led me to a win.

Guaranteed 6 attack on a 4 drop is pretty strong. It's no 7/7 obviously. More like a better balanced FWF that likely would not see play because dealing 5 damage is easy and a big set back for a 6 mana minion pile of stats.

For all the jokes about 4 mana 7/7, if it had 5 hp it would never see play imo.

patchday

Reynad was so salty just now-- gripping bout how Prince Malchezzar is bad for Hearthstone because of all the random legendaries his opponent (control warrior) got.

Worse- looks like he got rematched against that same control warrior running Prince again just now

Dahbomb

Guaranteed 6 attack on a 4 drop is pretty strong. It's no 7/7 obviously. More like a better balanced FWF that likely would not see play because dealing 5 damage is easy and a big set back for a 6 mana minion pile of stats.

For all the jokes about 4 mana 7/7, if it had 5 hp it would never see play imo.
The 7 HP is the biggest offender. If it was 7/6 then you would probably be better off playing Fireguard Destroyer for the one less overload (or at the very least you would have a reasonable choice,to make between the two).

Reynad was so salty just now-- gripping bout how Prince Malchezzar is bad for Hearthstone because of all the random legendaries his opponent (control warrior) got.

Worse- looks like he got rematched against that same control warrior running Prince again just now
Prince Malchazaar is just there to screw against other control decks. If I am playing a slow control deck and I see a Priest/Warrior etc. have Malchazaar I instantly concede the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

But but all the pros told me that Prince Malchezzar is the worst card ever????

Xanathus

But but all the pros told me that Prince Malchezzar is the worst card ever????

I've never seen Malchezzar/the legendaries from Malchezzar ever win a game on it's own before, it's the other normal cards in the deck that win the game and then Malchezzar cards give it the win-more.

manhack

And that's why we have to take a lot of the bitching about the game with a grain of "salt".

A lot of these guys are just burned out on the game in general and everything pissed them off.

I remember I was one of the few people arguing malchezzar has a spot in some decks. But all the talk about pros opinions... I'm pretty certain they knew it would work in fatigue decks but also know that fatigue decks aren't a great option in hearthstone and I still agree. I basically got gold portrait playing control paladin, I know the deck sometimes has a spot in the meta but that space closes quite a bit when you have yogg, n'zoth, and other extremely powerful cards that close out games from losing positions.

Miletius

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and postulate that decks that are designed to fatigue out an opponent are not a favorite of Blizzard. It's quite obvious that they want games to last about 15 minutes on average, any more and they figure people get bored. Plus, the only class that can effectively play fatigue is warrior, whose class mechanic is designed around circumventing total life.

Fatigue isn't a favorite archetype of mine, but I recognize it has a place in HS. Just wish that more classes would allow it to some degree.

I'm not counting mill rogue on purpose because a) it's not very good, and b) it's gameplan is about reaching fatigue early, not waiting the same out. Mill matches are over much quicker than the average tank up game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I remember I was one of the few people arguing malchezzar has a spot in some decks. But all the talk about pros opinions... I'm pretty certain they knew it would work in fatigue decks but also know that fatigue decks aren't a great option in hearthstone and I still agree. I basically got gold portrait playing control paladin, I know the deck sometimes has a spot in the meta but that space closes quite a bit when you have yogg, n'zoth, and other extremely powerful cards that close out games from losing positions.

Yeah. Malchezzar would be so much better without the WotOG set.

Too bad he has to get rotated out at the same time as WotOG too, though I guess that might be a good thing depending on who you ask.

Prince Malchazaar is just there to screw against other control decks. If I am playing a slow control deck and I see a Priest/Warrior etc. have Malchazaar I instantly concede the game.

Playing control vs fatigue is the only time I get upset at the opponent for their deck choice. Aggro is the still the enemy, but fatigue is the ally that stabs you in the back as you suffer a slow and painful death.

How can a self respecting control player let aggro get even more control over the meta like that?

Zoggy

People crying yogg always makes me lol. When it was announced people were saying its a joke Timmy card.

Bow down before the God of death

Dahbomb

There are two main reasons why aggro should always be relevant in HS.

To counter combo decks and to counter fatigue decks.

It's when an aggro deck beats every card game archetype known to man is where we have a severe problem at hand.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
People crying yogg always makes me lol. When it was announced people were saying its a joke Timmy card.

Bow down before the God of death

Some of us were calling it a legit card...

There was even a Dr. Boom comparison as the new standout legendary.

vall03

What the fuck are Aggro Shamans and Dragon Warriors doing in Casual? I played two matches against each and lost. Luckily, I was still able to complete my quest playing against other classes but seriously, those were really annoying match-ups and took me more time just for a quest. Oh well, guess I'll go back to Cold Steel II.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck are Aggro Shamans and Dragon Warriors doing in Casual? I played two matches against each and lost. Luckily, I was still able to complete my quest playing against other classes but seriously, those were really annoying match-ups and took me more time just for a quest. Oh well, guess I'll go back to Cold Steel II.

Gold farming robots maybe?

That's what I always assume.

Pooya

pro opinions lead you to believe every card is unplayable. Lifecoach reviews are the most hilarious in particular, he gets everything wrong.

People even dismissed spirit claws and maelstrom portal ffs. lol

Szadek

pro opinions lead you to believe every card is unplayable. Lifecoach reviews are the most hilarious in particular, he gets everything wrong.

People even dismissed spirit claws and maelstrom portal ffs. lol
They were correct about Prince Malchazaar. Unless the game goes to fatigue, which only happens in certain match ups, he only makes you deck worse.

Obviously a 1 mana 3/3 weapon is amazing while a 1/3 one sucks, so it was a matter of how often you will have a spell damage card on the board
There are only 2 spell damage cards worth playing and surprisingly that was good enough..

ViviOggi

It's when an aggro deck beats every card game archetype known to man is where we have a severe problem at hand.
That's the thing, no other counters to combo and fatigue necessary when we already have Blizzard

jgminto

Finally got the Menagerie wing, did the Curator end up seeing much play past the full release of Karazhan? I feel like I haven't seen it at all after the initial trial period.

ZealousD

To be fair, the meta is still very much in flux. Dahbomb and I usually wait about 2-3 months to do our re-reviews for a reason.

Asbel

Fatigue decks have made me a fan of an aggro meta even though playing aggro gets boring. My joy comes from knowing these fatigue decks are getting fucked. Nothing more boring than experimenting with a new deck and wasting time against a Healidin with no big drops or mill.

ZealousD

Fatigue decks have made me a fan of an aggro meta even though playing aggro gets boring. My joy comes from knowing these fatigue decks are getting fucked. Nothing more boring than experimenting with a new deck and wasting time against a Healidin with no big drops or mill.

Yeah fatigue decks can fucked, imo. They're even worse than face decks.

This game needs just a bit more control and some actual midrange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom