• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heropon

Okay, I really like the Shadowpriest deck I'm trying. I don't know how it will perform at higher ranks but right now it's both fun and surprisingly effective.

ScDRTr4.jpg

Oh, and thoughsteal is so disgusting. It always gets some kind of win condition. Against a Warrior it got me Ysera and Deathwing and this poor priest gave me N'Zoth, which I don't have, to close the match. Other cards that are putting work are Priest of the Feast and Reno Jackson because they make aggro decks and freeze mages' lives miserable.

For now my main weakness is Tirion because Entomb doesn't want to be available when he appears and it's basically game over. Thankfully I've not faced many paladins but they're as annoying as in the past.

Levi

Banned
I am officially sick of Burger Rogues.

Oh, you got shield slam, shield block, gorehowl, 2x slam, execute and obsidian destroyer and you got to play them all for a reduced cost?

It's like if Yogg was a fucking class. Bunch of random shit you can't play around because who the fuck knows what is in their hand.

I have no idea how you'd touch Yogg while stile retaining his flavour. When he was first announced I thought the spells he casted corresponded to the mana cost of spells you cast that game. I think that would be a fun implementation, no pyroblasts or DOOM unless you cast a 10 cost spell yourself earlier and there would be some figuring out which spells give the best results. As is he's a bit like a deathwing that draws instead of discards, gives you some secrets and then kills himself.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have no idea how you'd touch Yogg while stile retaining his flavour. When he was first announced I thought the spells he casted corresponded to the mana cost of spells you cast that game. I think that would be a fun implementation, no pyroblasts or DOOM unless you cast a 10 cost spell yourself earlier and there would be some figuring out which spells give the best results. As is he's a bit like a deathwing that draws instead of discards, gives you some secrets and then kills himself.

I think making it so he stops casting spells when he dies or gets morphed would be fine. Sylv already affects his casting. So should dying.

Pooya

Is there a tempo mage that doesn't have mana wyrm and apprentice in the opening followed by cult sorc and flamewaker in turn 4-5? Probably only when I play it.

Like seriously, with all the high cost junk in that deck how they curve this stupid.

I deal with all that shit then comes flamewaker, coin, arcane missile 2x. I got hit with 12 damage from empty board on turn 4. Someone explain this to me how is this ok.

Dahbomb

Yeah that change makes the most sense (have spells stop casting when he dies).

Like as it is, the whole thing is very inconsistent. Yogg is the one casting the spells... not the player. That's why the player doesn't get overloaded. That's why Lock n Load doesn't trigger more effects or you don't get benefit from Antonidas/Mana Wyrm/Flamewaker on board.

fertygo

Thijs also got really bad lose to Yogg at his ĺast game before offline.. i don't know man I kinda like the spell based deck can had their ulťimate card.. but sometime the loses just so unfair.

They had to nerf it.. the outrage just can't be còntained and its deserved.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah that change makes the most sense (have spells stop casting when he dies).

Aka nerf him into the damn ground? Yogg kills himself MOST times.

He is a 10 mana card. People lose to C'Thun and they are fine with it. People lose to N'Zoth and they are fine with it. People lose to Yogg and everybody loses their minds!

Magnus

Sounds like a good deal. Let's see... I already have rogue, priest, warlock, warrior, mage, paladin, shaman and druid class legendary cards. The only one I don't have is hunter. No need for me to buy this. Sounds great for new people though.

This is an insane deal. I would actually put money done for this if I didn't have all the Classic class Legendaries already lol.

It'll probably be one or two golden commons and 600 dust or something. I guess that really isn't worth $5 if I have already have 10k+ dust...

Hmm...

(I know I'll probably get it anyway because opening packs feels like digital gambling and checks off a certain box in my brain, haha)

gutshot

I guess you can't get that on amazon? I probably have some coins there still.

Why wouldn't you be able to use Amazon Coins? You can use them for any in-app purchases, so I don't see why this would be an exception.

Could be a great deal for me as I'm missing Tyrion, Antonidas, Cenarius, Al'Akir and Van Cleef. Have come close to crafting them all at some point but have held off. My patience may finally be rewarded (or I could end up getting a third King Krush)!

Levi

Banned
Card that costs 10 freaking mana wins games. News at 11.

Other 10 cost, game-winning cards can be played around. Deathwing? Save a taunt or hard removal.

Varian? Save a board clear.

Y'shaarj - Removal.

C'thun? Keep your life total up, keep a board presence and save hard removal, or steal it with Syl.

N'zoth? Board clear, or play Doomsayer and kill their syl to give it to them, or be so ahead that bringing up a bunch of minions doesn't actually do anything (just beat an Nzoth Rogue who summoned 6 minions and then died to Gorehowl + Bash).

How do play around Yogg? It generally clears the board, gives your opponent card advantage, is a Mysterious Challenger, deals a bunch of damage to your face if the minions are cleared early, and if that's not enough, it frequently summons a bunch of minions for your opponent. Nothing better than your opponent going from no board to Ball of Spiders, Kara Khazam, Force of Nature, or Call of the Wild, going from no cards to a full hand of cards that they don't even run in their deck, going from a losing position to a dominating one.

Yogg-Soron is a minion that is only played from behind and only done so because it has a strong chance to just instantly win you the game, making every turn leading up that one pointless.

What other 10 mana card is played from behind to salvage an unwinnable game? Uh, Deathwing. Except Deathwing has a huge downside, which Yogg rarely does. Sure, once it a while Yogg will discard your hand for you, but who cares if you lose a game you were already losing?

10 mana cards should be strong, but not this strong. There needs to be counterplay.

The only counterplay to Yogg is hope you can kill them before they draw it. So, what's the point in playing slow decks? You guys say you don't want to face Shaman and Hunter and Dragon Warrior but what other choice is there in a metagame where Yogg exists? What's the point in playing Control when long games are decided by a bunch of coin flips?

Dahbomb

Aka nerf him into the damn ground? Yogg kills himself MOST times.

He is a 10 mana card. People lose to C'Thun and they are fine with it. People lose to N'Zoth and they are fine with it. People lose to Yogg and everybody loses their minds!
Because you know what's going to happen when those cards get played. It's a vastly different scenario.

Cthun and Nzoth aren't great against a board especially when facing lethal, Yogg is the best at that situation. Cthun and Nzoth can't turn around an unwinnable situation, Yogg can. And you need to commit more to building a deck around those gods than Yogg.

Compared to Varian and Deathwing... Yogg is like leagues apart.

ZealousD

Pooya

I'm wondering if they do something similar for preorders from now on. Fixed number of guaranteed legendary loot. Every time a set comes out, there is a huge topic online with people disappointed in what they paid for, it just doesn't reflect well. Even with the pity timer, paying 50 bucks to get 1 legendary is never going to feel good.

I suspect when next set comes out in December, preorder goes like, buy 60 packs get 3 legendary cards, something like that at minimum, you want to incentivize real money purchases.

Magnus

Worst case scenario (all 40 dust packs and a duplicate legendary) that's still 800 dust for $5 which is still a pretty good deal. Just the dust from a duplicate legendary alone is worth at least $3-$4 USD.

I don't know why I estimated 5-600...lol. 800 sounds better. I'll probably gamble it.

I'm wondering if they do something similar for preorders from now on. Fixed number of guaranteed legendary loot. Every time a set comes out, there is a huge topic online with people disappointed in what they paid for, it just doesn't reflect well. Even wit the pity times, paying 50 bucks to get 1 legendary is never going to feel good.

I suspect when next set comes out in December, preorder goes like, buy 60 packs get 3 legendary cards, something like that at minimum, you want incentivize real money purchases.

Agreed. C'Thun + this Welcome pack are setting a bit of precedent I think.

Also, what do you guys think - will they continue the pattern of alternating expansions and adventures? I know they said they may disrupt that pattern in the future. We'd be due for the next release (whatever it is) by Nov/Dec, si? Any hints out there already as to what it's going to be?

I dig the cross-promotion on Karazhan (with the next big WoW patch being all about Karazhan). I wonder if they'll keep it up by continuing to tie into Legion? Demon-focused stuff?

Or maybe the time will finally be right for a new class. Demon Hunter? :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It steals games you have no right winning and has zero realistic counterplay (sjow actively played around yogg in some of those games because he was ahead enough and still got blown out).

I get that they want 10 mana cards to have a large impact but I've been playing since pre-naxx and have never been so competently frustrated playing anything resembling control. I can hold cards for a cthun or a deathwing, or try to save a clear for a nzoth. But yogg? Who knows.

Hell I just stole another game with him. Some reno cthunlock baited my mulch with a rag, played a giant the next turn and I had no answer beyond yogg since I had one other card in my hand.

GnH0Sci.png

I gave him curse, naturalized his giant and actually starting milling the other dude out of nowhere, it plays resurrect on my drake, call of the wild, divine favor and then far sight. Turn ends and I innervate hero power since he didn't twisting nether yet...but even if he did, I fully reloaded myself and blew him out of the game in a way that was impossible to play around. He just roped out and I don't blame him.

Token druid is super fun but a win like this doesn't feel good at all, yet yogg is too consistently clutch to NOT run. And on the other end of the table having this happen to you in a drawn out game feels horrible. What his effect often does is straight up better deathwing, and unlike the deck construction that goes into the other old gods decks are always playing spells.

ZealousD

Because you know what's going to happen when those cards get played. It's a vastly different scenario.

Cthun and Nzoth aren't great against a board especially when facing lethal, Yogg is the best at that situation. Cthun and Nzoth can't turn around an unwinnable situation, Yogg can. And you need to commit more to building a deck around those gods than Yogg.

Compared to Varian and Deathwing... Yogg is like leagues apart.

Uh.... wut. C'Thun is great against a board. C'Thun kills boards. He goes pew pew pew and kills things. He's like Deathwing but without discarding your hand. N'Zoth is a finisher for control decks. If your opponent can't kill you immediately after playing him they lose. N'Zoth creates a winnable situation where none existed before.

The only 10 mana cards that ever see play are those that win games. People cannot say that they hate the fact that control is pushed out of the meta and then turn around and complain that 10 mana cards are winning games.

Dahbomb

Also, what do you guys think - will they continue the pattern of alternating expansions and adventures? I know they said they may disrupt that pattern in the future. We'd be due for the next release (whatever it is) by Nov/Dec, si? Any hints out there already as to what it's going to be?
I am pretty sure they said that they are going to do Expansion -> Adventure -> Expansion every year. Which means after Karazhan we will see an Expansion before the end of the year and then another Expansion at the start of the year for the new rotation.

Uh.... wut. C'Thun is great against a board. C'Thun kills boards. He goes pew pew pew and kills things. He's like Deathwing but without discarding your hand. N'Zoth is a finisher for control decks. If your opponent can't kill you immediately after playing him they lose. N'Zoth creates a winnable situation where none existed before.

The only 10 mana cards that ever see play are those that win games. People cannot say that they hate the fact that control is pushed out of the meta and then turn around and complain that 10 mana cards are winning games.
Cthun doesn't kill large threats or clear deathrattle minions. It's not even comparable to Deathwing which is an actual full board clear (and you don't need to fill your deck with Cthun buffers)... there are many times where both myself and the opponent casted Cthun and it didn't clear the board. The meta has shifted to smaller Cthuns... we don't have 20+ damage Cthuns anymore.

Yogg hurts control more so. It's not used in control decks that well... it's used in tempo/flood decks. Yogg is kinda mediocre to bad against aggro decks because the match can end before turn 10 but against control decks, even when they are winning the game can go to turn 10 and Yogg can turn the game around. So Blizzard inadvertently made a 10 mana card that actually counters Control decks..

People aren't complaining about other 10 drops because they are reasonable for their cost... they are complaining about Yogg. Yes those other cards can be game winning but it's not to the same extent of Yogg. I wasn't on the Yogg nerf train until I realized that it hurts control decks far more than it helps it (and mostly a non factor against aggro).

gutshot

Its time limited deal or not, I can't buy till 15th

It says it is limited. Probably at least a month or so though. Most "limited time" things in Hearthstone have lasted a long while (getting a Classic pack for your first Brawl win is still technically "limited time", I believe). You should be fine.

Pooya

Why wouldn't you be able to use Amazon Coins? You can use them for any in-app purchases, so I don't see why this would be an exception.

Ok, if it is. Here is a guide to get it for free for anyone that is poor and desperate. lol (Pretty sure US only)

Step 1- Create a new amazon account.
Step 2- Go to your current amazon account through amazon undergound app, find your referral code in the referral section.
Step 3- Login to your new amazon account again, enter the referral code. You will be asked to verify the account through phone. You need a unique phone number that is not registered on amazon before. Do the SMS verification, you instantly get $5 credit.
Step 4- Login into Hearthstone with your new amazon account and buy the bundle. Make sure to enable one click settings in the account setting first.

Step 5- Become legendary.

fertygo

And yet none of those god deck as strong as Yogg deck.

Pooya

With C'thun you have to play the awful c'thun cards, with yogg, you play those spells in your deck anyway! might as well play yogg, why not... I don't have any issues with yogg personally, like sjow says tuskarr is far more toxic.

Maybe yogg should cause overload. I remember they indecisive about that aspect of the card before it released.

I think people are okay with there being strong 10 mana cards, even when there is randomness tied to them. No one complains about c'thun nor n'zoth. The randomness is controlled/controllable.

And it's often brought up that when yogg decides a game, everything up to that point was pointless. That's the same thing people said about ragnaros RNG, it wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks yogg is a problem. I think the problem is a bet exaggerated but could become worse. It's not like blizzard adds many spells that are downsides when yogg is played. Even purify draws a card. Almost all the portals are guaranteed value from kara.

Also, people often say there is no counterplay. I think I've said that before. You can mitigate yogg and you can plan ahead to beat an average yogg. It's the outstanding yoggs that you can't really plan for. Still a problem.

Salex_

Serious response? Because it costs 10 mana bullshit like this is fine?

https://www.twitch.tv/sjow/v/88865731?t=02h57m59s

People only complain about a single 10 mana card...there must be a reason why. C'thun and N'zoth are strong but fair win conditions. When I lose to them, I have no problems. Your opponent actually has to build their deck around those cards and you have all game to put yourself in the best position to counter them. Nothing wrong with those cards.

I gotta wonder if the people who defend Yogg even play this game. Like do you just laugh when you get robbed a win from Yogg and say "LUL THIS IS SO MUCH FUN"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom