• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I like the idea of making Hunter's hero power targetable from the start of the game, but it would be weird that Hunter's Hero Power would be so much better than both the basic Mage hero power and the Priest class card 'Shadowform'. Maybe it'd be more balanced if the text was "Can Only Target Minions"? That would make that card only tenable in control decks, as no aggressive deck would give up on 2 face damage per turn.

Plus it would differentiate the effect from an existing (wild) card:

12242.png

patchday

This is the idea that I have for hunter acually. To play differently finally after 3 years.

I believe this is the way, make a hunter deck that is not just about beastmastery (Rexxar) but it is about marksmanship/archers/rangers instead like Alleria. That's the lore idea behind it, hunters aren't just about beasts on curve...

1473802598-3636faaa2.png

Now you start with a better mage hero power at the price of not being able to play hunter's better/best cards and their synergies. You still can play animal companion and call unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get rid of those too without the text getting too wordy for hearthstone. Maybe they can add a beast tribe to spells at some point or something else.

....You also can use this card to play a much smaller deck. OpieOp.

I think the only way to make hunter not play the same game is something like this, it opens up a lot of deck building ideas finally, not I play 2 highmanes, 2 houndmaster, 2 kill command etc etc, play them on curve, I go face forever.

Like I said it's very hard to evaluate what the card should be like for a good start of the game effect. That's probably why the first attempt is like Prince, until they figure it out.

removing all beasts from the deck is too harsh esp for a class built for synergy with beasts. Breaks lore, etc. plus discard is a nasty mechanic they should stay with Warlocks that actually now have a card to benefit from that

With elise in the format and fatigue decks being in the state they are it's difficult to see any upside with Malchezar

We've seen malchezzar in a few fatigue decks, probably alongside elise. Because it's huge advantage against control decks. It represents 5 fatigue hits worth of health, which could mean your would be 6th-10th fatigue draws do 15 damage instead of 40... so 25 hp along with the extra minions which can be decisive in control mirrors.

We've seen malchezzar in a few fatigue decks, probably alongside elise. Because it's huge advantage against control decks. It represents 5 fatigue hits worth of health, which could mean your would be 6th-10th fatigue draws do 15 damage instead of 40... so 25 hp along with the extra minions which can be decisive in control mirrors.

How much of the meta is control again? I'm not really building my decks around the idea of control mirrors.

How much of the meta is control again? I'm not really building my decks around the idea of control mirrors.

At times there is a lot more control than other times. And I absolutely do build my control decks to be capable of beating mirrors. There are times where you'll be surprised at how many control mirrors you can run into. And it's not like malchezzar is useless in other match ups. It doesn't obliterate your ability to build to beat more aggressive decks, similar to how elise functions as it only takes up one slot of your deck.

I haven't personally ran malchezzar much, primarily because I am running dragon control paladin atm and I haven't experimented too much with a vanilla control paladin deck since the last wing came out. I will eventually though. And it'll allow the rest of my deck to focus on other things. I'll figure out a list. It'll take some time.

At times there is a lot more control than other times. And I absolutely do build my control decks to be capable of beating mirrors. There are times where you'll be surprised at how many control mirrors you can run into. And it's not like malchezzar is useless in other match ups. It doesn't obliterate your ability to build to beat more aggressive decks, similar to how elise functions as it only takes up one slot of your deck.

I haven't personally ran malchezzar much, primarily because I am running dragon control paladin atm and I haven't experimented too much with a vanilla control paladin deck since the last wing came out. I will eventually though. And it'll allow the rest of my deck to focus on other things. I'll figure out a list. It'll take some time.
In aggro matchups Malchezar has the potential to completely fuck you over. It adds more variance to the most crucial first turns.
The only decks I ran into that went into fatigue last season was warrior and priest. Priest Paladin to be absolute fucked by unless they play like morons and Warrior comes down to whether you can pressure out both Brawls.

In aggro matchups Malchezar has the potential to completely fuck you over. It adds more variance to the most crucial first turns.
The only decks I ran into that went into fatigue last season was warrior and priest. Priest Paladin to be absolute fucked by unless they play like morons and Warrior comes down to whether you can pressure out both Brawls.

Your mulligan is perhaps your most important thing in aggro match ups. And since malchezzar doesn't add cards til after, I am not that worried tbh. But sure, it does make certain match ups slightly worse. It's a trade off that is potentially bad in certain metas and potentially great in others.

I have a pretty good winrate with control decks every season. Winning in fatigue is basically a secondary win condition, even against midrange decks. A card like malchezzar can let me run a little more removal or card draw, so faster match ups may not even be as worse off as you'd expect. I think it comes down to how you build your deck.

This is the idea that I have for hunter acually. To play differently finally after 3 years.

I believe this is the way, make a hunter deck that is not just about beastmastery (Rexxar) but it is about marksmanship/archers/rangers instead like Alleria. That's the lore idea behind it, hunters aren't just about beasts on curve...

1473802598-3636faaa2.png

Now you start with a better mage hero power at the price of not being able to play hunter's better/best cards and their synergies. You still can play animal companion and call unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get rid of those too without the text getting too wordy for hearthstone. Maybe they can add a beast tribe to spells at some point or something else.

....You also can use this card to play a much smaller deck. OpieOp.

I think the only way to make hunter not play the same game is something like this, it opens up a lot of deck building ideas finally, not I play 2 highmanes, 2 houndmaster, 2 kill command etc etc, play them on curve, I go face forever.

Like I said it's very hard to evaluate what the card should be like for a good start of the game effect. That's probably why the first attempt is like Prince, until they figure it out.
Someone would find a way to make "Discard all beasts" an advantageous deck thinner.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm having a lot of fun in the crap ranks of wild.

I started with wotog for the most part so I'm constantly seeing new cards and new decks.

I knew the curvey basics of secret paladin, but getting wrecked the first time by the Dreadsteed/Malganis/Baron Rivendare combo kind of blew my mind. I can't really play super well right now since I don't know anybody's decks, but it is still a fun time.

patchday

I'm having a lot of fun in the crap ranks of wild.

I started with wotog for the most part so I'm constantly seeing new cards and new decks.

I knew the curvey basics of secret paladin, but getting wrecked the first time by the Dreadsteed/Malganis/Baron Rivendare combo kind of blew my mind. I can't really play super well right now since I don't know anybody's decks, but it is still a fun time.

Wild is so fun; but so terrifying with all the crazy cards there

KuroNeeko

Jeesus.

I've played like three Control Shamans in a row this morning.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that I faced Moat Lurker → Evo, Moat Lurker → Young Brewmaster, Moat Lurker → Evo or the fact that I lost to it.

Playing Burgle Rogue and I must just suck with it because I can't win against anything--even with N'zoth and Yogg in my deck...or maybe stealing Shaman cards just sucks.

I want to push to rank 5 this month, but don't want to play netdeck Shaman 5000, boring ass Hunter, or boring ass Zoo.

I can't even win with boring ass Dragon Priest.

Levi

Banned
If you play Beneath the Grounds vs discolock, the Ambush cards trigger Malchezar's Imp. I did a bunch of fatigue damage to a Warlock today with that spell.

e4odIpT.jpg

Poor discolock couldn't beat Ice Block. I took triple Power Overwhelming to the face this game.

I feel genuinely bad for my win, this guy's deck home brew build had Siphon Soul and Soggoth, and he got Illidan off of Bane of Doom. It was mostly disco zoo with some late game teched in and he nearly beat me with it.

Acerac

Banned
I fixed Yogg-Saron.

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/5005f17c.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why not just remove the card's text altogether? It would be a much less harsh nerf than your version. If that isn't enough perhaps you could make it have a 1/1 statline as well, it'd still be better than the card you are suggesting.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I prefer Ravaging Ghoul. A lot of the time you want the WW effect instantly on your own terms rather than delayed/under the control of your opponent.

Yeah, I just thought taunt plus cheaper would be good. Like turn 7 patron, inner rage unstable ghoul may help protect your patrons and spawn more if they have to get through the taunt. I find ravaging tends to be more for removal in patron decks since it is so expensive. And you don't often want a body that isn't a patron on board.

But I have never used unstable ghoul so I am just guessing.

Sheroking

Well, I bet my nerf is more fun than whatever Blizz ends up doing. And it keeps "the soul of the card" or whatever.

Takes the most fun card to play in Hearthstone history, makes it the worst card in Hearthstone, calls it "more fun than whatever Blizzard ends up doing". All while having War Axe for an avatar picture. Can't make this shit up.

Dahbomb

You have so many WW activators in the deck, Ravaging Ghoul is rarely used to beef up Patrons even though it can be used for that purpose.

Ravaging Ghoul is mainly for stuff like clearing Haunted Creeper spawns and Muster for Battle quickly while also being an Execute activator. The Unstable Ghoul can be played around when you drop it early. You already have two WWs and two Death's Bite to beef up Patrons if you need to.

It's not bad though. I would experiment with one Unstable Ghoul and one Ravaging Ghoul.

Pooya

So this rogue deck was pretty cool. It's same idea as Barnes hunter but you play Gang Up. So Barnes Get Y'Shaarj into Y'Shaarj, then you can gang up Y'Shaarj. Works everytime! lol
There was conceal in the deck too.

Asbel

You have so many WW activators in the deck, Ravaging Ghoul is rarely used to beef up Patrons even though it can be used for that purpose.

Ravaging Ghoul is mainly for stuff like clearing Haunted Creeper spawns and Muster for Battle quickly while also being an Execute activator. The Unstable Ghoul can be played around when you drop it early. You already have two WWs and two Death's Bite to beef up Patrons if you need to.

It's not bad though. I would experiment with one Unstable Ghoul and one Ravaging Ghoul.

Yep and it would be an interesting experiment. Unstable ghoul was not so good in Patron when owl was cheap and almost everywhere. Will be harder to play around him now.

Okay, I get Blizzard wanted to push discard Warlock, but did they really have to just turn it into a Zoolock variant?

The amount of times Blizzard fucks up with regularity is staggering to me.

Dahbomb

It finally happened to me:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09_14_16_00_18_17.png

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09_14_16_00_18_20.png

Was ahead of this Druid with Dragon Priest. Clears the board, PYROBLAST to my face and heals himself with Healing Wave with a Joust win.

The game finished before Yogg completed the spells. Took 17 face damage for exact lethal.

Fun and interactive etc.

You know what I would like in the next expansion? NOT more Mage cards that conjure spells out of the ether. Played two back to back Tempo Mage decks that both went to fatigue because the deck was able to match my deck value wise despite being far more aggressive, having cheap 1 mana spells and me 2 for 1ing him many times.

zoukka

I will defend yogg TIL the day I die. Idgaf. Most fun card in the game. Sorry not sorry

Yeah from pure game balance/competitive perspective, Yogg is a joke and ruins the game.

From my own personal laddering point of view the card is hilarious and fun.

KuroNeeko

So this rogue deck was pretty cool. It's same idea as Barnes hunter but you play Gang Up. So Barnes Get Y'Shaarj into Y'Shaarj, then you can gang up Y'Shaarj. Works everytime! lol
There was conceal in the deck too.

Was gonna craft something dumb like Malygod, but think I'll do Y'Shaarj first!

zoukka

But lemme think, so the Barnes pulls an Yshaarj clone that pulls out the real one. What then? You win with the 10/10 body (not likely)?

Some people make the oddest plays. It’s turn one and I play Selfless Hero, he uses Arcane Missiles and they all hit face. He then plays coin and uses another AM just to kill it…

patchday

some guy used Barnes + Y'Shaarj on me once which then proceeded to pull out the real Y'Shaarj. I think I clapped for the guy because that was a mathematical miracle that he probably never replicated again. The odds for pulling that off is quite poor if you have a lot of minions in deck

Yeah from pure game balance/competitive perspective, Yogg is a joke and ruins the game.

I disagree. Unless you refer to pro play. Then obviously I will agree. I believe Yogg balances things out on ladder. It's our reward for surviving all the way til late game which is crazy hard to do at my MMR (lots of face decks in Standard)

To add coal to this fire even Thijs agree'd with that on his stream and he plays way more than me

In the land of Shamans, the Warrior is king. First time ever hitting Legend, with Dragon Warrior!

9HgQzVS.png

Decklist:
2x Blood to Ichor
2x Execute
1x N'Zoth First Mate
1x Sir Finley
2x Alexstraza's Champion
2x Faerie Dragon
2x Fiery War Axe
1x Slam
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Ravaging Ghoul
2x Kor'kron Elite
2x Twilight Guardian
2x Azure Drake
2x Blackwing Corruptor
1x Drakonid Crusher
1x Malkorok
1x Grommash Hellscream
1x Ragnaros the Firelord
1x Deathwing

I recorded my stats for the run with the HDT program:

vs. Warrior: 12-5
vs. Shaman: 12-3
vs. Mage: 5-1
vs. Hunter: 7-1
vs. Warlock: 3-1
vs. Druid: 5-3
vs. Paladin: 1-0
vs. Priest: 1-0
vs. Rogue: 1-0

Total: 47-14, 77% winrate.
Time played: 6.9 hours. Avg. game length: 6.8 min.

I am absolutely convinced that this (older) form of Dragon Warrior is better than the Fierce Monkey/Curator version that's more common on ladder. You don't need taunts with the removal power and immense threat you possess. The long game isn't really its strong suit, and with so much initiative in the early game you can keep up with Shamans and Hunters unless they get crazy starts. I don't think any card is a standout MVP (probably Frothing Berserker, synergy with Ghoul, N'Zoth and Blood to Ichor often forces a Hex or Swipe immediately), but I will say that Malkorok and Deathwing more than justified the cut, each responsible for close wins.

Best thing I ever did was start using HDT so I could actually see how well I was doing and avoid being put off by freakish losses.

zoukka

I disagree. Unless you refer to pro play. Then obviously I will agree. I believe Yogg balances things out on ladder. It's our reward for surviving all the way til late game which is crazy hard to do at my MMR (lots of face decks in Standard)

You would have a point if it indeed were hard to survive to turn 10 (like in pre-standard), but the decks that run Yogg, can easily last to turn 10.

Some people make the oddest plays. It’s turn one and I play Selfless Hero, he uses Arcane Missiles and they all hit face. He then plays coin and uses another AM just to kill it…
Not the worst play depending on his turn two. If he had a 3/2 he wanted to play he can't play it with your Hero up to trade because the tempo swing and shield could just lose him the game right there.

Levi

Banned
Takes the most fun card to play in Hearthstone history, makes it the worst card in Hearthstone, calls it "more fun than whatever Blizzard ends up doing". All while having War Axe for an avatar picture. Can't make this shit up.

It might be fun for you, but a lot of people are getting increasingly tired of wasting their time playing a game where none of their decisions matter, because they die to a hail mary Yogg.

Yogg belongs in casual in joke decks for Timmy players who don't care if they win or lose, not deciding who advances in tournaments and being grudgingly run by tryhard players because the power level is too high not to..

At this point Blizzard has to nuke the card if they give even half of a shit about their game as an e-sport, and you know what happens when Blizzard nerfs a card. RIP.

As far as FWA, I'm not sure what you're insinuating other than lamely trying to insult me. Believe me, there's tons of people in this thread much better at insulting me. Get on their level or GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom