• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved top 2 and top 3 looks to be a good improvement. Still all about cheesy combos but the extra card allows more answers and more combos. Great brawl.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Probably the simplest and easiest fix.

Just lowering Yogg's consistency by that 5-10% would be huge in balancing its effect.

That's a much bigger hit to its consistency than 5-10%. Yogg kills itself almost every time.

You can't really "nerf" Yogg without a fundamental redesign. If you had to redesign the card, I think something like "Add up to 5 spells cast this game into your hand" would be better.

manhack

watching this tournament, and shaman is still stupid, lol

Yeah, I mentioned a few days ago that blaming Shaman strength on one card is not the right angle. They just received too many good cards over the last 3 expansions. No Doomhammer and no Tuskar and they are still strong.

Mulgrok

I think the rng generator in the game is broken. 5 brawl games in a row where I drew 8:4:2. Unless it is working as intended?

That's a much bigger hit to its consistency than 5-10%. Yogg kills itself almost every time.

You can't really "nerf" Yogg without a fundamental redesign. If you had to redesign the card, I think something like "Add up to 5 spells cast this game into your hand" would be better.

No, it would make it so players have to think about when to use yogg instead of spam spells and YOLO.

Levi

Banned
Stole the idea from upthread and got my Brawl pack with Innervate-Barnes-Y'Shaarj. My opponent was Mana Wyrm / Mirror Image / Arcane Intellect.

His board of 0/2s and 3/3s did nothing to my board of 3/4s and 10/10s. He conceded turn 4.

Last two times Yogg stole games from me (legit stole games I had 100% won), Yogg didn't die. I don't know the actual numbers, but Yogg doesn't always immediately die. Sometimes he lives / sometimes he dies after he casts a bunch of spells / sometimes he Fireballs himself the instant you play him.

Yogg should be more like Servant of Yogg-Saron--a fun card for Timmies that no Spike would ever dream of playing. I feel like that's what Blizz thought would happen when they created that card.

I thought my Yogg redesign was decent, maybe it should be "At the start of the game, replace 5 cards in your deck with random spells that cost zero."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yogg should be more like Servant of Yogg-Saron--a fun card for Timmies that no Spike would ever dream of playing. I feel like that's what Blizz thought would happen when they created that card.

Servant of Yogg Saron is trash design. It isn't even a Timmy card. Making Yogg himself more like Servant is just propagating trash design. The fact that Yogg has greater consistency and a bell curve for expected results makes it the better card.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Stole the idea from upthread and got my Brawl pack with Innervate-Barnes-Y'Shaarj. My opponent was Mana Wyrm / Mirror Image / Arcane Intellect.

His board of 0/2s and 3/3s did nothing to my board of 3/4s and 10/10s. He conceded turn 4.

I think the Barnes/Y'Sharrj/Innervate deck is close to a toss up against the Coldlight/Naturalize/Innervate one depending on who gets more copies of the ones they need.

Levi

Banned
Servant of Yogg Saron is trash design. It isn't even a Timmy card. Making Yogg himself more like Servant is just propagating trash design. The fact that Yogg has greater consistency and a bell curve for expected results makes it the better card.

There's no problem with there being bad cards in the game. Some cards are bad. Yogg, I think, was expected to be bad by both the designers and the community.

Yogg should be a bad card. The fact that it's a good card is killing this game. I used to play two hours a day. I've probably only played 7 ranked games this entire week.

Levi

Banned
This brawl is going to nearly impossible to win a game on my F2P accounts. My asia account in particular is pretty light on cards. :(

wiibomb

This brawl is going to nearly impossible to win a game on my F2P accounts. My asia account in particular is pretty light on cards. :(

any account on F2P will deeply suffer from a brawl which needs player made decks.

I just made a pretty nice brawl with Machezaar's imp + Silverware Golem + Soulfire

manhack

Chakki demonstrating why I'm in love with running vilefin inquisitor in my Paladin decks. Most of my mirror matches on ladder have been Anyfin Paladins and it is hilarious every time. Usually a turn 1 Vilefin is followed by rope and/or threats.

Xanathus

Watching Chakki playing Fools Bane in OTK Worgen just made me think about how ridiculously OP Fools Bane would have been during pre-Naxx era with OTK Molten Giant Warrior.

Dahbomb

Man Noxious went ham on Shaman.

I agree though. A class based around a RNG hero power will always be poorly designed. Blizzard doubling up on the RNG is just going to make matters worse.

i have two friend requests from an aggro hunter who laid out his entire deck on turn 7 with 1 card left in hand that was clearly COTW. i had a spell totem down, used malestrom portal, won.

i must be popular.

i have two friend requests from an aggro hunter who laid out his entire deck on turn 7 with 1 card left in hand that was clearly COTW. i had a spell totem down, used malestrom portal, won.

i must be popular.

I accepted a friend frequest when I needed a 2+ damage spell to clear his taunt totem and win. Drew maelstrom portal ran it out and got the 1/1 charging boar.

I was so happy to be able to gloat but he only flamed me then removed me instantly.

Levi

Banned
Tavern Brawl isn't even safe.

Dead on turn 4 vs Turn one Innervate / Innervate / Astral, turn 2 Yogg, turn 3 buffed Yogg attacks plus the cards they burgled.

3 fucking random spells. THREE.

Buffs Yogg, casts divine favor, casts Burgle.

Dahbomb

Ostkaka using Arathi Weaponsmith instead of War Axe.

It's actually been interesting seeing people use other cards instead of War Axe. Doomsayer, King's Defender, Fool's Bane, Arathi Weaponsmith etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom